Forum Settings
Forums

Do you wish Anime stayed small in the west and didn't go mainstream?

New
Aug 2, 2020 3:38 AM

Feb 2018
Anime community in the west is getting bigger by day and of course with more people joining we get more "bad apples" you know what I'm talking about, attacking others for their tastes, not in the "haha your taste is trash" ironic way, bringing up ridiculous arguments, "my hero aca is racist" "attack on titan is facist"
Anime fandom is starting to be more like gaming community, where the community is being split into small pockets of fans that are at war with eachother all the time.
Don't worry I understand that smaller community wouldn't be sunshine and roses and I get how important the benefits are of anime growing, like easier access to anime and naturally not every new fan is going to be rude and high opinion teen looking to get into internet fights.
What do you think? Would it be better if anime stayed small in the west and we had small but mostly ok fandom while being looked at as adults who still watch cartoons or are you not bothered with anime being mainstream and all of bad things that come with that?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2020 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
yep. im a western fan but i liked when it was still a taboo or whatever. now its like everyone knows about it and everyone has to open their mouths and share unwanted opinions for literally everything.

anything that goes mainstream turns to shit imo
Aug 2, 2020 3:42 AM

Jun 2016
I personally feel like I'm doing a good job avoiding those aspects of the community, I only hear about them from others so nothing would change for me if anime wasn't mainstream apart from fewer options on non japanese netflix because they wouldn't care as much.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 2, 2020 3:43 AM

Dec 2018
I am happy about it, first anime world war is on the way. Also when anime became bigger people looking at adults who still watch it better than it was some time ago. You can find on youtube people like PewDiePie or Ninja reacting to some anime trilers like Attack on Titan recently, so why anyone would laugh about it.
ReegrezSNKAug 2, 2020 3:47 AM
Aug 2, 2020 3:44 AM

Jul 2019
IronGhost115 said:
"my hero aca is racist" "attack on titan is facist"
lmao who said this

anyways i see where you are coming from, that is part of the reason why i don't go out of my way to interact with the community, but it is not just the west, probably everywhere else where anime is popular has the same problem. wouldn't be surprised if Japan had the same problem. the anime community is inevitably going to have bad people no matter how big or small the community was or is now.
Aug 2, 2020 3:45 AM

Jul 2007
I honestly just don't give a flying fuck when it comes to meta shit like this.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 2, 2020 3:46 AM

Oct 2018
I do wish it would stay small in the west, but only for the sake of anime avoiding our "cancel culture" and becoming tainted from that
████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
████░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░████
████░░▄██████████░░░░░░██▀░░░▀██▄░░████
████░░███████████░░░░░░█▄░░▀░░▄██░░████
█████░░▀▀███████░░░██░░░██▄▄▄█▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░░▄▄▀░░░████░░░▀▄▄░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░█▄░░░█████
█████░░░▀▀█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░▀█▄░░█░░█░░░█░░█▄▀░░░░██▀▀▀▀
▀░░░▀██▄░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▄▄
▄▄▄░░░▀▀██▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███░░░▄██▄
██████▄▄░░▀█████▀█████▀██████▀▀░░▄█████
██████████▄░░▀▀█▄░░░░░▄██▀▀▀░▄▄▄███▀▄██
Aug 2, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2007
NO_U_ETC said:
I do wish it would stay small in the west, but only for the sake of anime avoiding our "cancel culture" and becoming tainted from that

dat cancel culture boogie man gonna getcha if you aint careful!!
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 2, 2020 3:51 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Things would probably be less of a headache, yeah.

More than anything I want the individuals desparate for mainstream validation gone, though. They're usually both really whiny and really toxic.

Aug 2, 2020 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really care, because I don't use twitter anymore or go to a anime conventions. I would probably pass out from the cringe if I ever went to a anime convention.

But I agree with people that anime shouldn't go to a main stream.
Aug 2, 2020 3:56 AM

Jun 2020
If an anime does well in Japan, then it is considered to be a success, there are tons of anime that never even got on MAL database, neither have people even heard about it, these anime get 2 or 3 seasons, how do they do that? Success in Japan is all they need. In Japan, there are more than 40 new anime on television per week. That's a lot if you ask me.

Anime prioritizes Japan. They have been prioritizing Japan since all these years, that's why they were enjoyable. Now if suddenly anime starts prioritizing the west, would we enjoy it? Who knows. America is like Corona virus, everything they touch they fuck it up. Movies, cartoons, games, TV shows, they fucked it all up. I couldn't care less if anime became easier to access, as long as I can access it, I'm fine with anything. Call me selfish or whatever.

So yes, I wish anime stayed small. Japan has been apathetic to the needs of the Western fans, if they catered to the Western fans and prioritized them more then anime would've been ruined a long time ago. So let's just put our hands together and wish that that day never comes.

Edit: So these people saying "I don't give a flying fuck" well you should start giving a flying fuck very soon because it is really a big deal. These fake fans make me sick
Arin-sanAug 2, 2020 4:01 AM

I said keep your hands on the table
Aug 2, 2020 4:00 AM

Feb 2019
Well, there are certain niches that can't go mainstream in west which is a good thing because I don't really care about mainstream anime and their communities that much. Also anime is a big medium so it's obvious that certain fandom might get in war with other and doesn't have much to do with mainstream nature.
Aug 2, 2020 4:01 AM

Feb 2018
NextUniverse said:
IronGhost115 said:
"my hero aca is racist" "attack on titan is facist"
lmao who said this

Polygon did an article about Attack on Titan, don't read it it's pointless and you'll just give them more clicks/ad money and if i remember (I tried to stay clear of it) there was a discussion on twitter (yeah twitter) about some my hero aca characters sharing birthdays with Nazi leaders.
It is stupid has nothing to do with real anime and it's just baiting drama and I fear we'll see more of that with popular anime and western journalism. I'm surprised that it didn't happen with Demon Slayer (or maybe it did idk).
Aug 2, 2020 4:02 AM

Apr 2020
Yes. The influx of "ironic weebs" in the mid 2010s started downward spiral for the anime community and, the way things are going as of right now, it will end up as a hollow shell. The same as the community and market for once great western animation. Remember to gatekeep your hobbies folks
Aug 2, 2020 4:03 AM

Nov 2019
First we had that ridiculous topic about 'politics', then we had the one where a slavery denying racist wanted to talk about 'toxicity'. And now this..

Let's watch..
Aug 2, 2020 4:10 AM
Mar 2020
I'm glad overall anime is becoming more popular, that's only natural as it is something I am passionate about. Yes, there will naturally be an increased level of toxicity to go along with it but frankly... I do not care.

All you need to do is avoid it, which is pretty easy online. Hoping something doesn't become popular just so that more people don't shit on it seems strange to me. Some people are just like that. Just roll your eyes and move on with your day, if they have a different opinion and are adamant that everyone else is wrong, cool man. Have fun with that, i ain't gonna talk to you.

Aug 2, 2020 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
BigBrainSenpai said:
I'm glad overall anime is becoming more popular, that's only natural as it is something I am passionate about. Yes, there will naturally be an increased level of toxicity to go along with it but frankly... I do not care.

All you need to do is avoid it, which is pretty easy online. Hoping something doesn't become popular just so that more people don't shit on it seems strange to me. Some people are just like that. Just roll your eyes and move on with your day, if they have a different opinion and are adamant that everyone else is wrong, cool man. Have fun with that, i ain't gonna talk to you.

if the majority is silent then the vocal minority will make the rules
Aug 2, 2020 4:15 AM

Nov 2016
No because I still want to watch my anime in theatre, don't ruin it for me damnit.
Aug 2, 2020 4:22 AM

Jun 2020
BigBrainSenpai said:

You cannot just "roll your eyes and move on" if they affect the stuff you are watching. Are you not familiar with cancel culture? People already tried to cancel several anime.

What's with the people saying "I don't care" Well you SHOULD care. Because it WILL affect the anime itself.

SCvek_1388 said:

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS exactly this

Aug 2, 2020 4:40 AM

Sep 2016
Honestly yes. It's hard to describe how it feels, and it may sound really selfish, but when something I find really dear/important too me get so huge and popular, it just doesnt feel special anymore. Now almost everyone in my class is talking about KnY and I cant help but feel annoyed even though I havent watched it, and I was really looking forward to it. Im sorry if this offends anyone but its just my opinion and I just wanted to let it out.
Aug 2, 2020 4:45 AM
Mar 2020
Arin-san said:
BigBrainSenpai said:

You cannot just "roll your eyes and move on" if they affect the stuff you are watching. Are you not familiar with cancel culture? People already tried to cancel several anime.

What's with the people saying "I don't care" Well you SHOULD care. Because it WILL affect the anime itself.

SCvek_1388 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't hear of any anime actually being cancelled from fan pressure. The examples given in the first post was MHA and AOT, and from what i understand about both of these situations it was mostly fans throwing baseless claims at the creators or something of that sort. Like, wanting to cancel a series because some characters shared a birthday with a Nazi war general or something? It shows the lack of maturity these types of fans have.

Granted this is a topic i am not very familiar with so i might be wrong on this one. But, the reason they "tried" and not "did" seems to me because there was nothing substantial there to actually get the anime cancelled. If anime do get cancelled because of reasons like this yes i will certainly be concerned.
Aug 2, 2020 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
BigBrainSenpai said:
Arin-san said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't hear of any anime actually being cancelled from fan pressure. The examples given in the first post was MHA and AOT, and from what i understand about both of these situations it was mostly fans throwing baseless claims at the creators or something of that sort. Like, wanting to cancel a series because some characters shared a birthday with a Nazi war general or something? It shows the lack of maturity these types of fans have.

Granted this is a topic i am not very familiar with so i might be wrong on this one. But, the reason they "tried" and not "did" seems to me because there was nothing substantial there to actually get the anime cancelled. If anime do get cancelled because of reasons like this yes i will certainly be concerned.

The person who wrote MHA is now suffering from depression and stress and might quit writing cause of all the bullying from the MHA community. Doesn't that count as cancelling?

Aug 2, 2020 5:00 AM

Feb 2018
alexisalvie_ said:
Honestly yes. It's hard to describe how it feels, and it may sound really selfish, but when something I find really dear/important too me get so huge and popular, it just doesnt feel special anymore.

Yeah I feel like everyone does this to some extent and it is selfish but that's just how we are. To put it lightly it's like when your high school bully shows up to your birthday party and eats a piece of your cake, you yourself can still enjoy the cake but now that he ate some it doesn't feel special anymore, like fuck you Steve why are you here I didn't even invite you to my party!
Aug 2, 2020 5:02 AM

Apr 2020
Arin-san said:
BigBrainSenpai said:

The person who wrote MHA is now suffering from depression and stress and might quit writing cause of all the bullying from the MHA community. Doesn't that count as cancelling?
Lol this some BS. Do you have a source where he says he wants to quit because of some lowlifes on Twitter? Imo, that would just make him a bitch and deserving of actually getting cancelled.
Aug 2, 2020 5:04 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
No. People are allowed to like what they want and how they do so is not under my control. My life is better spent controlling myself instead of being mad that I can't change what other people do. It's pretty cool that more people are exposed to it IMO. With more people come both good and bad, there will always be duality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2020 5:04 AM

Mar 2018
i prefer it not being so mainstream, it's been getting more popular here where i live lately and there are some really cringey fans. i hope it doesn't become the next kpop thing on twitter where every fan replies with a dancing kpop dude.
Aug 2, 2020 5:06 AM
Oct 2018
Sometimes I wish anime never left Japan
--
Aug 2, 2020 5:14 AM

Jun 2010
@BigBrainSenpai Actually I can remember at least one anime that was cancelled because of fan pressure over something the author posted decades ago - so in true spirit of modern day cancel culture: Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de
Aug 2, 2020 5:20 AM
Jul 2019
Anything that is popular becomes a headache. That's why a lot of people hate popular anime and why your teacher is malding over a noisy classroom filled with 40+ students. The SJWs are bad enough as it is, I don't want that cancer to spread even more.
Aug 2, 2020 5:20 AM
Mar 2020
Arin-san said:
BigBrainSenpai said:

Yes, you are correct. I was only looking at this from the perspective of a fan so i seem to have missed the true effect this can have. I was looking at it from a logical perspective without considering the emotional impact it has on the people involved...

I can't know what it's like to actually work in the industry and how this is for the people in it. i know MHA is still a largely successful series which it would not have attained without mainstream status, and the current arc of the manga seems to have a very positive reception (i have not read it myself). Of course, it's not fair to say this should outweigh the negativity because it's not that simple. There are good and bad aspects of anime going mainstream, but i can't really say what is "better" for the industry and creators overall as a fan.

Aug 2, 2020 5:51 AM
Mar 2020
Asturaetus said:
@BigBrainSenpai Actually I can remember at least one anime that was cancelled because of fan pressure over something the author posted decades ago - so in true spirit of modern day cancel culture: Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de

True, that series did seem to be cancelled for that reason. Although, from what I gathered the writer actually made racist comments on twitter. I was more referring to incidents in which the writer didn't actually do anything wrong, but fans made poorly informed assumptions and the whole thing gets overblown. If the writer is in the wrong its hard to justifiably defend them.
Aug 2, 2020 6:01 AM

Dec 2019
Im sometimes thinking too it might be better, if the community stayed small, but i think their ar e more benefits tan dissadvantages. We can ignore toxic people, but cant buy/stream anime/manga that isnt avasilable in the west ^^
Aug 2, 2020 6:02 AM
Jun 2020
I think it's grown enough and I am satisfied with it but I want it to grow anymore for the reasons you gave.
Aug 2, 2020 6:03 AM
Jun 2020
I think it's grown enough and I am satisfied with it but I don’t
want it to grow anymore for the reasons you gave.
Aug 2, 2020 6:07 AM
Kiba

Jun 2019
like most here I have a split opinion, part of me wants it to stay small and part of me would like it to grow more.
𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓀 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓃𝑒, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎. – 𝐻𝒶𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝐻𝒾𝓀𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓎𝒶
Aug 2, 2020 6:46 AM

Feb 2016
Less exposure means fewer translations, which means nothing I want to watch will be translated.
その目だれの目?
Aug 2, 2020 7:21 AM

Mar 2017
I'm at the point of my life where I stopped considering "anime" as a legitimate and helpful label anymore. I now sort my shows by whether they are animated or live action and in what general genre they are. Made in Abyss is not an anime show for me anymore. It's a fantasy show. When I categorize it, I put it much closer to Narnia than to Sound! Euphonium.

So while one can say that in general anime is getting mainstream, that's not how I view it anymore. When X show becomes popular and talked about, I view it as X show, specifically, is getting mainstream appeal and merchandise and that fans of that show will have a lot more people to talk with. It does not affect its comrade Y show directly.
EankiAug 2, 2020 7:24 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Aug 2, 2020 7:27 AM

May 2009
Lucifrost said:
Less exposure means fewer translations, which means nothing I want to watch will be translated.
This, basically, though I wouldn't go so far as saying "nothing". But, definitely, the pace of it becoming available would be slower, if the audience base is smaller.

IronGhost115 said:
Anime community in the west is getting bigger by day and of course with more people joining we get more "bad apples" you know what I'm talking about, attacking others for their tastes, not in the "haha your taste is trash" ironic way, bringing up ridiculous arguments, "my hero aca is racist" "attack on titan is facist"
Anime fandom is starting to be more like gaming community, where the community is being split into small pockets of fans that are at war with eachother all the time.
Don't worry I understand that smaller community wouldn't be sunshine and roses and I get how important the benefits are of anime growing, like easier access to anime and naturally not every new fan is going to be rude and high opinion teen looking to get into internet fights.
What do you think? Would it be better if anime stayed small in the west and we had small but mostly ok fandom while being looked at as adults who still watch cartoons or are you not bothered with anime being mainstream and all of bad things that come with that?
Frankly, even if I ignore the point I made earlier, I'd still rather anime be recognized as a legitimate artistic medium rather than be stuck in a niche.

As for the rude people, you're only going to avoid that by being in a (1) small and (2) slow enough fandom that people are happy to see that there's even anyone else at all who likes the thing. That cat arguably left the bag a long time ago; we've had fans of the "big three" going at each other in the 00s, and before that you still had fandom rivalries between stuff like Digimon and Pokémon.

Perhaps you could blame the internet for bringing large groups of people with vastly disparate tastes together, but honestly, I'd say that the "anime fandom" has been "split into small pockets of fans" since forever, because anime itself is a medium, and people are more relevantly fans of specific anime series/franchises than fans of "anime" as a whole. That said, they are only "at war with each other" if all you look at is really superficial behavior, e.g. hot takes on Twitter or shitposts on MAL. There are some people who will use anime as an excuse to fuck with other people, but meanwhile, the rest of the people, who don't like this behavior, have better things to do than to constantly work on shooting it down, and post less outrageous -- and thus less memorable -- stuff.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 2, 2020 7:39 AM

Jun 2020
Topic summary: Another (reactionary) straight male weeaboo throwing out pointless accusations and crying about his (favourite) animes being criticised.
Aug 2, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2019
No. Because if it didn't then translations wouldn't be this quick and there wouldn't be this much fansub options to choose from, most manga wouldn't be translated, and there wouldn't be this many great fanarts.

So I'm glad anime is more popular now. Heck, I wish it was even more mainstream so that fewer people would find this hobby odd and maybe some anime movies would win an Oscar and stuff instead of the same Disney movies every freaking year.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 2, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
I got into anime just as it was exploding in popularity (i.e. the last six or seven years). I don't know what the old days were like, but, personally, I think things would be way less interesting if this community was smaller and more cohesive. The only thing I'd change would be that anime YouTubers who show spoilers in their thumbnails would forced to watch a show that they hate repeatedly until they repent and change their ways.
GlennMagusHarvey said:
There are some people who will use anime as an excuse to fuck with other people, but meanwhile, the rest of the people, who don't like this behavior, have better things to do than to constantly work on shooting it down, and post less outrageous -- and thus less memorable -- stuff.

This is a great point. All of the inoffensive posts don't garner much attention and are quickly lost to the sands of time before someone posts almost the exact same sentiment a few days later. Such is life.
poof- said:
i prefer it not being so mainstream, it's been getting more popular here where i live lately and there are some really cringey fans. i hope it doesn't become the next kpop thing on twitter where every fan replies with a dancing kpop dude.

I'm, like, 90% certain the cringiness has always been there. It probably just wasn't as visible because it was limited to in-person activities or trapped on some long-dead fan forum.
Aug 2, 2020 9:19 AM
Jun 2015
It is mostly a double edged sword, but still a net positive. For the longest time trying to watch anime before it became popular over here involved almost always having to pirate it, which naturally doesn't support the industry as a whole at all. While still prevalent with piracy, there are more platforms now that support the industry. I believe without the popularity boom here in the west, anime would've naturally only been supported in the east and mostly Japan and I feel confident in saying that the lack of international funding would likely result in a lot of today's top anime not being able to be produced. Essentially, the more mainstream something becomes, the more support it can garner.

The other side of the coin though comes with toxicity, elitism, and everything being put through some sort of cultural lens, such that a lot of Japanese culture is then ridiculed and held to our standards, which I feel only hinders the art.

Ultimately though, I'm glad anime has gone mainstream, as the positives of as such certainly outweigh the negatives, especially given you can mostly ignore most of them.
Aug 2, 2020 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
No offense but the fact you're implying that the Japanese community is any different in that toxic aspect is rather erroneous.
Aug 2, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
agghhhh NOOOiOOO !!! not those got DAMN sjWWWs ruining my pristine hentai whatEVER SHALL I doo????
Aug 2, 2020 9:48 AM

Mar 2020
Being a more recent fan, I don't really know how anime was like before it got more popular (I honestly might've not gotten into anime if it wasn't as popular), but I feel like a good balance between niche and mainstream is what is best.

Being more popular definitely has its benefits, as more people get into the medium, so there are more people to talk and share interests with. Being more popular also makes it more accessible, since having more popularity will make it easier to get ahold of and watch anime. Being too mainstream though will bring more problems that smaller communities don't have to deal with, so finding an equilibrium is what will bring the best experience.
Aug 2, 2020 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
No, because then I wouldn't have so many people to talk about anime with.
Aug 2, 2020 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
On the contrary, the stuff that was niche in anime in the 80s-90s, found only on obscure unreleased VHS, became mainstream now. Loli? Ecchi? Hentai? Shonen-ai ? Yuri ? Yaoi ? Non-existant! So you mean going back to the roots?
Aug 2, 2020 12:23 PM
Dec 2014
I love the fact that it's mainstream. I'm a huge merch person, so having stuff from shows I love easily accessible? Heck yeah. I never thought I'd see the day I'd see Nendoroids (which compose the bulk of my collection) at Target of all places. Or anime t-shirts at Walmart. Importing stuff is still my main way of accessing merch, but there's nothing like seeing a figure in person before you decide to buy it. Now I don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get a single keychain from Japan. And fan goods! So much variety! I can find stuff for much more obscure characters and series. None of this would be possible without the wide spread anime had gotten. It also gives me more to talk to people about. Cousins that would previously barely said hello to me at family meetings now have lively discussions with me about anime we've both watched. I've also made some of my closest friends through anime, people that I'm sure I wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Overall, I think the popularity and mainstream status has had many a positive effect on not just me, but for fans all over the world.
Aug 2, 2020 12:33 PM
Apr 2019
EndlessMaria said:
I honestly just don't give a flying fuck when it comes to meta shit like this.

I’m glad to see that you know about Umineko. Lambdadelta is best girl. But yeah I have to agree with you. I don’t really care if anime gets popular in the west. I just wanna watch anime without anybody bothering me
I love anime!

Please read Reimei no Arcana. It’s a beautiful romance manga.
Aug 2, 2020 1:53 PM
May 2020
I'm happy that anime gets the recognition it deserves, but when things become popular/mainstream, there's always going to be some "weird" people in the communities. This is also the reason why I try to stay away from a lot of shounen/mainstream anime (because some shounen fans are just clueless & delusional.)

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 4 hours ago

14 by Spunkert »»
35 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

18 by Dumb »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

71 by Scud »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

41 by TitanOfPlasma »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 3 hours ago

6 by mshfqtny »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.