Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2020 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Horn Seal power of the Demon that was passed down from Commander Obi to Shinra, to defeat 2nd Gen Charon, and Arthur's relenting fight against Haumea to stop her advancement of attacks. Charon's "Shin-Hadouken" moment was lit.

Funny that the rock concert hand sign symbol is the sign of hope and power though, but what resembled Obi's character makes sense. "A Devil that fights evil" truly befits Shinra's justice testament. ROCK ON!!! Even after all that firepower, Charon is still unfazed...means there's another level to bear it.

Infernal Horned humans, levels higher than the standard Infernal, truly a hard core to break down for the rest in collaboration to fume out the raging flames. Licht's plan stepping into action for Companies 2, 5 and 8 together to contain and eradicate all the demons together using environmental effects combined with Maki's firepower was just ingenious.

All the firepower combined, it was a feat that finally the 8th Company was acknowledged by the other companies, from being the laughingstock to being taken seriously.

The fight with Charon and Shinra isn't over yet...more to come.
Jul 31, 2020 11:20 AM
May 2018
Victor finally kinda got a spotlight now
Enjoy life to the fullest weebs
Jul 31, 2020 11:25 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome episode, the whole team got some shine and some help from the 7th was huge in saving the day. Great production values as usual. Only complaint is it feels like the pacing is a little off. Just feels like this battle went by faster when reading it.

Regardless, Fire Force and summer keeps heating up!
Jul 31, 2020 11:39 AM
Oct 2016
Loads of more teamwork making that dream work this episode. The whole group of fire soldiers we have here teaming together making this firestorm to take down the demon infernal. Great episode split between Shinra digging deep against Charon and the others working to beat the demon. Shinra my guy! His whole segment this episode was amazing! Love how they made it all look, Shinra using his Corna making that demon head flame was sick! Knew the anime would do it right. But flex moment for Shinra finally getting that right after trying so hard and embracing his devil side a bit. Charon ended up not really defeated and folding Shinra when he got back up but still seeing Shinra use the Corna got me hyped. Later in the episode with Maki whipping up the firestorm while Hinawa accelerated the bomb towards the demon infernal was great. All of them using Licht plan to snuff out the city's fires and beat the infernal.
Jul 31, 2020 11:39 AM
Sep 2015
Wow, an episode with no death, thank you. Lovable characters are meant to be shipped, not killed.

Love Licht's running style, that's so cartoonish!

Charon is a murderer but I've to admit that he has a very hot muscular body and thanks Shinra for damaging his shirt! Now land a damage on his pants too!
Jul 31, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2020
Rock and roll being exhibited in a museum, does anyone know on what date does fire force take place?

I liked the episode, the explanation of the phenomenon of air currents makes sense, what I could not understand was if the second generation handles hot air or they are airbending too, lol.

Well, Inca is a bad girl, Shinra have it hard being the only 'good' pilar

Haumea is Sexy AF!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jul 31, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Fire Force and this time we have Rock and Roll!!

Really, David productions is giving us a really great animation, specially in the fights :)
And what kind of music speel is this!? Shinra is the hero with the rock and roll symbo
Also good moments of Arthur in his fight and with 7th Brigade helping to control the situation, good teamwork!!

The series is being really solid, Just waiting for next week!
Jul 31, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode.
Loved seeing the way the fire companies took down the demon infernal.

Shinra shined in this episode. It was satisfying seeing him finally making Charon take damage.

From the preview, it looks like things will not go well for Shinra.

Jul 31, 2020 12:36 PM

Oct 2019
ldanes said:
Rock and roll being exhibited in a museum, does anyone know on what date does fire force take place?

From what I can tell on internet, there is no actual date. They are in the year 198 and it says the great cataclysm occurred 250 years ago. You know, the one where the entire earth was erupted in flames.

Animation was dope and teamwork was great but I didn't feel like shinra was in a tough spot. Music and sound effects were great tho.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 31, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2018
So Shinra lost again, I think this is the 3rd or 4th time this season already. He needs to get stronger.

And judging by the preview Inca is going to get taken by the evangelists next episode, which means Shinra will completely fail his mission.
Jul 31, 2020 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
They adapted this very good. Good job David
Jul 31, 2020 12:51 PM

Mar 2017
Damn! I thought Shinra put Charon down for the count but he got back up again... the man is a beast! The whole Shinra vs Charon fight has been epic so far cause I don't think Shinra has ever faced an opponent he's so evenly matched with (apart from Sho).

The secondary characters got a chance to shine this ep too so that was cool. It was especially interesting to have the focus on Licht since he's so mysterious but he's proved he is super smart!
Jul 31, 2020 1:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything second gen fighters really are impressive in the variety of abilities that they can call upon. Charon the reflector though sure had some impressive durability. As expected of a demon fighting that thing sure was a tough one. Nice to see Licht being able to contribute to the team in this op. Being able to both use the town's unique conditions while also making use of each of the second gen's abilities to bring about the demon's defeat sure was impressive. That sure was a big ass extinguisher though. Though a tough battle the battle to seal the demon sure did well in showing the strength of the fire force in protecting the innocent from the flames. Now to see whether Shinra can bring us another victory against the wall that is Charon. Overall an action packed ep that did well in showing just how much the 8th has grown as both fighters and intelligence in the form of Licht's wacky plan. Maki the witch though sure had a nice ring to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2020
eso-JAR said:
this season is kinda sloppy in terms of animation =( compared with the first.

Explain plz what you mean in my eyes the animation was fine are you animator or study animation?
Then tell why this was sloppy?
Jul 31, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2017
Shinra really got hit with the nastiest lariat of all time
Jul 31, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode, the fight was appreciable, especially between it represented a joint operation including many different companies : result was glorious

Though the next episode is... kinda spoiled by the preview at the end.
Jul 31, 2020 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This really is one long ass fight.

I appreciate how being from a higher generation doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a better fighter. Strength, guile, intelligence and experience count
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2020 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
Charon is a monster in his own right, a walking tank! Shinra finally got the upper hand and knocked him, but jeez he got up again like it was nothing! Really great battle!

That firestorm was epic, credit to Licht there as he was the mastermind behind that plan! Maki sure also did a great job having control over that gigantic storm!

Seems all these pillars have this really creepy way of smiling XD
Jul 31, 2020 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
HELL YEAH, Corna Sign of Devil
Jul 31, 2020 2:33 PM

Feb 2020
When Shinra using his corna ' i typing corna but it's correcting it with Corona lol' anyway, that's moment really take me back cuz really reminded me of soul eater and i love it. Overall good episode, ohhh i almost forgot its Fire...Nice
Jul 31, 2020 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
an episode dedicated for 2nd generation users nice one

Maki, Hinawa and Karim did great to defeat that demon

and lol Charon the Reflector i like that name of his it really suits his 2nd generation ability to absorb and reflect any kinetic energy
Jul 31, 2020 2:54 PM
Apr 2020
Charon is officially my favorite Fire Force character, such a badass.

https://imgur.com/a/kP544Us
Jul 31, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like Inca was too insane to join the good guys.

Turning a fire spout into the barrel of a giant railgun was pretty damn cool
Jul 31, 2020 3:04 PM

Jun 2020
Y'all need to stop spoiling yourself by watching previews at the end. Who even does that and why? Are you trying to hype yourself up for the next episode or what, cuz you know you're gonna watch it anyway unless you're dropping it, and then there's no point watching the preview at all. The last time I watched a preview was never.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 31, 2020 3:25 PM
Oct 2019
Licht, Vulcan, Maki, Hinawa and Karim popped of this episode.
Charon surprised me with how strong he actually is.
Life is not daijoubu
Jul 31, 2020 4:29 PM

Aug 2017
Whooo great episode, man that Corna shot is such a dope screencap.

Though oh man that preview. Such a spoiler even if the results may be obvious based on character behavior. Still its so blatantly revealing the events of next weeks episode that its hilarious.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jul 31, 2020 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode.
They're really knocking it out of the park this season, I just hope they can keep it up without falling victim to some of the inconsistencies in pacing and such that they had in season 1.
Jul 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Oct 2017
The Corna effect was better than expected. One of my favorite skills.
Jul 31, 2020 6:58 PM
Apr 2019
This episode's pacing is way more balanced than I expected. They really give the characters their respective highlights. Props to the animators though, especially how they animated the "Rock and Roll" part from Shinra vs Charon. I couldn't wait again for next week's episode, because it is gonna be more exciting.
Jul 31, 2020 7:16 PM

Jun 2014
The teamwork on display that was used to defeat the demon Infernal was awesome to see, Licht came up with a great plan there.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2020 7:21 PM
May 2020
You don't know how happy it made me to hear Shinra's theme play again
Jul 31, 2020 8:36 PM

Aug 2019
pretty good episode, Shinra and Charon both look like they're on an equal ground in terms of fire power while the rest of the squad kill the 3rd demon we've seen so far.
Pretty interesting episode with some insight to 2nd and 3rd generation fire users, 2nd generation definitely seem to be maybe a step stronger as they their manipulation of fire can prove useful with a creative mind, but like Charon, you can also use it as a 100% full counter against a 3rd gens fire abilities.

Fire force definitely gave the demon a run for it's money, Viktor with the 200IQ moves that will probably be put into a history book somewhere, crazy to think it took more or less a fucking rail guns worth of fire power to finally kill the thing. Crazier to think that Benimaru can throw out the the same, if not more, firepower being able to kill the demon we saw in season 1. Also if a fight scene between Joker and Benimaru actually does become a thing (like the on in the intro) i might get weak in the knees.
Either way, nice cliffhanger really interesting to see what happens next episode.
Jul 31, 2020 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! They indeed managed to kill the demon! The mastermind of this plan was of course Vulkan, what a way to use everyone from the 2nd generation.

Now the rest is up all to Shinra and Arthur but judging from the prev, the girl will join those guys.
Still, what an episode! Fire Force never disappoints!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 31, 2020 10:09 PM
Jul 2020
that's some great action

Fire Force
NothingSuprisingAug 8, 2020 11:00 PM
Jul 31, 2020 10:54 PM
Apr 2018
Shinra : As long as i don't lay a land on him, he can't hit me that hard---
Charon: Omaera! (hey, guys!)
Shinra : iiaa iiaa (No way...)

LOL, that was hilarious. :)

SHINRA expected CHARON to be a Sadist ; too bad he is a master Masochist too.

Then CHARON delivers Kameham.... i mean STAMP to SHINRA. Maybe its Genki Dama

SHINRA plans on defeating CHARON using Coron.... i mean Corna.
Jul 31, 2020 11:02 PM

Jul 2016
Well, it seems Inca will willingly join the Evangelist's group in the end because of course, being with the bad guys sure sounds more exciting to her. It also seems she will test her new ability on Shinra so let's see how our so called "hero" will deal with the upcoming defeat.

Overall, second half was definitely better than the first one. The second gen fire users got their time to shine and seeing Licht coming up with such "convincing" plan while coordinating everyone was a quite nice change of pace. Revealing that Obi is a noob at videogames for comedy purposes was completely unnecessary tho. It almost ruined the epic atmosphere... again.
Aug 1, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2020
That Corna ability look super amazing, great visual effect!
I want to see more of that. \O/

Nice teamwork and Karim really showed us what he's made of with his 2nd gen ice skill. This episode tells us more about how 2nd gen counter 3rd gen, which I think is really cool.

A couple things that frustrated me this particular episode. The demon was not putting up a big fight, most of the time the demon was just standing there doing nothing.
Also, the part with that joke that Captain Obi is bad at video games and Vulcan had to move the car up close to shoot the demon while the car was still stuck in place with those Hydraulic Foot Stands.

But other than that it was great and looking forward to the next episode. (^^)
From the preview after the credits we can kinda see what will happen next. >.>
Aug 1, 2020 4:32 AM

Jul 2019
Absolutely loved the fight against the demon. The way they had to strategise the whole thing out and the visuals when doing so were amazing. Plus, it was the "old guard" of 2nd generations who excelled. I am really glad how they demonstrated their worth. And Obi is just being Obi. I mean tackling a demon? Respect.

"You are the first one to ever damage me."
Excuse me? What does qualify as damage in this universe anymore? At least when ripping off Naruto handsigns they should have also imported some sort of damage system as well. They were pounding it out for several episodes but both are laughing it off constantly. The Shinra fight was without a doubt the most Shounen thing I have seen in a long while.

Shout out to mah bois who take their time standing around with the hostage instead of evacuating her ages ago.
Aug 1, 2020 5:39 AM

Jan 2016
spectrojan said:
Y'all need to stop spoiling yourself by watching previews at the end. Who even does that and why? Are you trying to hype yourself up for the next episode or what, cuz you know you're gonna watch it anyway unless you're dropping it, and then there's no point watching the preview at all. The last time I watched a preview was never.

This.
Previews are only meant for japanese people who were by happenstance on this TV channel during this episode and are not sure they want to stick around for next week.
Previews shouldnt even be included in the episode in the first place.
Aug 1, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
Rock n' roll is only found in museums... Truly a grim future!

also; Maki is best girl!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 1, 2020 11:17 AM
Mar 2013
so i've started reading the manga after this ep, i really HOPE that pillars die somehow and in very bad way inca should just burn in that danger she love so much LOL. Can someone spoil me a bit is she dead in the manga ? since im not feeling like reading 150 chapters :S TY
Aug 1, 2020 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
If Inca is joining willingly just because of her lust for danger it's most retarded thing ever.
Does it look like all those fire force fighters are in supper happy and safe environment, never risking their lives?
She was introduced like a bit crazy girl that likes danger, but she was also saving lives and was together with her friends. For whose she seemed to care, especially when they got in danger. But now she will just walk off with murderers? wth...

Apart from that, I really like last 2 episodes. While some scenes feel like too much and they confuse me often and break immersion and atmosphere (like that Rock and Roll shout), it is quirky, it keeps it's style and feel and I like it more and more with each episode. Those last few episodes make better impression on me that entirety of Season 1. I hope show keeps getting better.
Aug 1, 2020 11:47 AM
Jul 2019
Oh boy from ep 2 to ep 5 all we see is Shinra getting his ass whooped by Charon and TBFH it is already starting to make me bored that I wish that Charon just ripped Shinra apart and be done with it......so that we can go to the part where Inca becomes bad and does something nasty.....
Aug 1, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2015
Maki best girl. 10/10 witch!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2019
Gal3riel said:
so i've started reading the manga after this ep, i really HOPE that pillars die somehow and in very bad way inca should just burn in that danger she love so much LOL. Can someone spoil me a bit is she dead in the manga ? since im not feeling like reading 150 chapters :S TY

Not going to spoil but the manga does get interesting enough, though (don't know if this spoiler) there's not a lot of focus on Inca.
Aug 1, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2019
I'm just glad we're shown just how much of a badass Charon is in the anime. The man is a monster
Aug 1, 2020 3:22 PM

Aug 2019
Maki in that wizard hat hits different. Best girl material right there.
Aug 1, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2019
Dariat said:
And judging by the preview Inca is going to get taken by the evangelists next episode, which means Shinra will completely fail his mission.

Looks more like regardless if Shinra succeeds or fails, Inca is going to willingly go with the Evangelicals because she's a self-centered junkie.

I wonder how long it'll take her to get onto someone's Top 10 Most Annoying Anime Characters list. I hope she suffers more satisfying consequences than Hibana.
Aug 1, 2020 4:43 PM
Mar 2015
Fighting fire with fire
Aug 1, 2020 8:00 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, that corna was badass. And yes give Maki more headpats she deserves it. And their establishing pretty well how strong benimaru actually is like damn it took a whole ass platoon to defeat one demon but, benimaru defeated one by himself with ease.

Charon is awesome too, but Jesus Shinra and Charon have been fighting for 3 episodes now lmao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.