Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2020 4:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Still don't know what Mami wants from Kazuya but damn he has one of the best friend ever, what a true bro.
And again a cliffhanger...
Jul 31, 2020 4:26 PM
May 2020
First of all, Kibe is a real one but this MFucing dip shiz just gonna throw it away.
Jul 31, 2020 4:34 PM
Feb 2020

It is the first time that I am proud of Kazuya, this episode made clear to me the true personality of Kazu detailing the relationship he had with Mami-chan, That last scene made me get up from the chair wanting more, I like this protagonist, it is not like the others to whom they act very rationally with noble feelings, this one acts like a small child and that gives a fresh and insecure air to each chapter, not knowing what he will decide or say, this chapter is undoubtedly the best so far
Jul 31, 2020 5:08 PM

Mar 2015
The best episode yet.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 31, 2020 5:13 PM

May 2020
Finally reached a point where Kazuya is starting to have some development as a character. People are gonna hate on him because he's still not over Mami, though I see it as he's finally starting to get around to processing that breakup in the first place and figuring out what he really wants (currently, that's to get back together). So I look forward to how this character can actually improve. It's not really character development if the character starts at perfect and just ends at perfect with a happy ending. Life is messy, and breakups are about as messy as it comes.

Also, as everyone says, Kibe a true bro. Always good to have friends who call you on your bullshit, even if he doesn't understand the whole situation.

**edit** side note: it took me until this episode to notice the metaphor in the ED.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jul 31, 2020 5:40 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
About time somebody punched Kazuya in the face and sometimes you need a friend like Kibe to set you straight in your life. Kibe knew something was going on between Kazuya, Miami, and Chizuru even though he doesn't know Chizuru being a rental girlfriend for Kazuya. Kazuya actually did something heroic by diving after Chizuru because she didn't look so good.
Jul 31, 2020 5:44 PM

Jun 2019
Talk-no-Jutsu Kiba is here to save the day!
Jul 31, 2020 5:59 PM

Jan 2016
The boys got in a fight because Kazuya thinks with his other head.

Kazuya finally announced that he is breaking off with Chizuru, at least in front of his friends.

What an inspirational speech from Kibe, he really cares for Kazuya and it even made Chizuru to go with Kazuya on a ferry trip.

Chizuru is feeling sick so she is resting, meanwhile Kazuya gets a call from Mami-chan, she is asking for a meetup and in that moment Chizuru falls off the board!
And without a moment of hesitation Kazuya jumps off to save her, the hero of the day~!
Jul 31, 2020 7:31 PM

Jul 2011
Had some differences with manga chapter(s) :o

Actually this episode 1st half felt better, compared to manga chapter. Mami had extra moment on this, unlike on manga.

End of episode were somewhat... mmm uninteresting, even with audio included on anime, it felt worse than manga stuff.

Mixed feelings.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 31, 2020 7:44 PM
Jul 2020
Best Kazuya,Im Your Big Fans
Jul 31, 2020 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
This series is a fucking joke, it's a fucking dumpster fire but that's how stupid romance comedies go. Real life is nothing like this, you break up, you fucking break up. Sometimes, the other person just completely stops talking to you and ignores you for the rest of their life even when you see each other in public.

I fucking hated it when Kazuya was like, "I bet you hated being with trash like me." JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, SHUT THE FUCK UP! Let her walk away in peace, you already "broke up" in front of everyone. This level of self-loathing, woe-is-me self-pity is disgusting and fucking annoying. I've been around people like that, college classmates, coworkers, etc. and I avoid them like the fucking plague, those type of people drain my energy and they're just awful.

Kazuya doesn't need a girlfriend. He needs a fucking therapist and life coach. He needs to meet more people and explore the country, travel abroad and do more things. He's being manipulated by people he calls friends and family.

Gibe should be the MC, fuck Kazuya and his pity party. Man I feel sorry for Mizuhara, she was incredibly seasick and felt like she had to go to get Kazu's stupid story together.
臭い-
Jul 31, 2020 8:11 PM

Mar 2019
Greater Moments coming soon....

(Read the Manga, it is Worth)
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 31, 2020 8:12 PM

Dec 2014
While I understand where Kazuya is coming from given that his relationship was not really 'real', he could still stand to handle the situation with more tact. He's the one putting Chizuru through most of this stuff, and he can at least show some respect towards the way he handled the scenario and consider how she feels when being put on the spot against people she really doesn't know. The way he tried to announce Chizuru and him were breaking was so utterly stupid and incredibly hard to watch, I'm not really one to look away but I couldn't be bothered to watch that particular scene. No matter what the truth of the scenario is, some amount of tact, respect and dare I say genuineness should always be shown.

Kibe is an incredible friend, he's the kind of person you would call a genuine friend. :(

It's clear that Kazuya has some good qualities but it would serve him a little better to learn how to be more genuine towards people like how Kibe was to him and in trying to get Chizuru to give him a second chance despite not knowing what was really going on. At least the fact that he tried to save Chizuru shows that there is some hope for him, but I can't help but feel that the entire scene felt very contrived.

I don't particularly hate Kazuya but I don't like him either, I hope he improves though.

Chizuru steals the show as always, probably wouldn't watch this if it weren't for her.
Jul 31, 2020 8:13 PM

Dec 2019
Wonderful episode. Kibe is a good friend, unafraid to call kazuya out and set him on the right track. Episode also showed all the kazuya haters wrong, he’s not just a simp for you to hate, he’s a decent guy at heart who is struggling through a ton of issues at best he can, and he can be brave and show some balls too. He’s a well rounded flawed MC, not some power fantasy projection.
Jul 31, 2020 8:19 PM
Feb 2020
Wanted to punch Kazuya for his declaration, but Kiba did that for me.
I know it's not correct, but Mami is just a 'golddigger' Chizuru is actually trying to help him be a better person.
The flowers were a nice comparison to his relationships, Mami being everyone grew and Chizuru being the flower Kazuya grew after he cared for it.
I like how he went to jumping after Chizuru without pausing and how they showed it
Kazuya is not realistic, I have yet to hear of anyone who would support their ex berating them like she did in ep 2
BastionoJul 31, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 31, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2020
Damn everybody needs a wingman like my dude Kibe in their life.

I know that Kazuya potrays a certain extent of realism in terms of how to react in situations like these, but I can't help to cringe when he gets teary eyed or even straight up cries.

And btw I really like how Aoi Yuuki voices Mami-chan. She has this certain cute but deadly vibe to it that I love hearing.

Still the other 2 heroines are not yet introduced huh.

Decent episode overall and yeah Chizuru best girl so far.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 31, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2011
Chizuru continues to not only be the best girl in this series but the best characters as of now.

Also Kibe instantly becomes best boy for knocking some god damn sense into Kazuya. I understand it's a fake relationship but it shows how much he cares and I like that.

Something about Chizuru's "Dumbass" comment really made my heart Flutter...I enjoyed it.

Was wondering how Chizuru's cold would take effect...well Best Girl overboard.
SoraSenpaiJul 31, 2020 8:49 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 31, 2020 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
The poor bastard is relatable even if the situation he's in is not. I like the MC, he has a lot of personality and he's capable of displaying a wide-range of emotions. He might make some poor decisions but he is clearly self-aware. Basically, I like that it doesn't feel like some fucking robot with no sense of self is calling the shots behind the scenes.

He's not boring and that's a good thing for the kind of show that this is.
Jul 31, 2020 9:20 PM

Aug 2019
mmm ok i'll give them that, this is the first episode were i've actually rooted for Kazuya and felt some what content with whats happening.
Kibe, actually the bigger man tbh regardless of grasping the situation or not. Dude was right to punch him after hearing something like that, but i guess even with context of whats happening between Kazuya and Chizuru, i'd still punch him for free for all the shit he put her through, but either way, Kazuya has some good fucking friends. Can't find friendships now a days that'll punch each other because of a stupid move, and both shake hands after it.
Seeing Kazuya repent over the shit he gave to Chizuru did actually make me like him a bit more, seeing him self-aware at least was a good plus, and i will also add the ending was pretty fucking good i can't complain about that. Reaction time or not, i will actually praise Kazuya for instantly diving in to save Chizuru without a second thought. Shows he has balls and definietly shined a new light on him for me. Welllll it will if he actually manages to save her, diving in was one thing, actually saving her is another xd.
Also i hope Mami stays in the pool for so long she gets a cold. Actually send her to horny jail.
Jul 31, 2020 9:53 PM
Mar 2020
Loved to see Kazuya man up a bit. Props to Kazuya's friend on that scene, these type of friends are genuine to tell relentless facts of how messed up you are yet lead you by actions into the right path.
Jul 31, 2020 9:59 PM
Apr 2016
God i hope Mami gets hit by a train.
Jul 31, 2020 10:00 PM
Sep 2019
KUZUya, change his name to KUZUYA
Jul 31, 2020 10:08 PM
Jul 2020
Mami don't be mean!

Kanojo, Okarishimasu
NothingSuprisingAug 8, 2020 10:58 PM
Jul 31, 2020 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
Chizuru is now sick since it's her carrying 200% of this relationship. But that ending, wow! The first time that the ending isn't "bad", but it was still so hard to watch some of the moments.

Kazuya's friend was definitely the MVP of this episode, a true bro.

Hope it will be the next episode when Kazuya will realize that he has feelings for Chizuru too. I do wonder how this anime would end up being if the MC wasn't this bad, i wonder if i would still enjoy it as much as i do this one. Since it was way to hard to watch Chizuru get sick while he was next to her on the phone...

Judging from the preview the next episode will be interesting.
AivanKJul 31, 2020 10:25 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 31, 2020 10:27 PM
May 2013
very funny to me, many people really hate the storyline, and mc that makes us upset.
dude chill, this is just a show
How can we expect the main role to be as we want it to be kind, perfect, and cool?

author just wants to make the main character closer to reality, which is certainly not perfect
bcz humans will definitely make mistakes and are not always right and understand anything

I'm already bored with the anime where the main character must always be cool or always right. for me this anime is worth watching

if you hate this anime, there is no need to invite people to hate it too, not everyone has a cruel heart
Jul 31, 2020 10:28 PM
Apr 2018
I am currently the manga & i am up to date with the latest chapter.
For the first time i skipped an episode, just because i have read the manga. I watched this episode in almost 3 minutes. Gonna watch again.
Jul 31, 2020 10:37 PM

May 2019
haha i really hate the main character. but it's okay I like the storyline where the characters are indeed very similar to the people in reality .. where have you also been called by the person you love, especially until invited to the hotel, you will forget anything for a moment XD
"the greatest anime fight"

Jul 31, 2020 10:38 PM

May 2018
Better episodes. Kibe is a good friend.
Jul 31, 2020 10:50 PM

Apr 2016
Kibe's a real homie. And as much as I hate MC, I get him.

Jul 31, 2020 10:53 PM
Mar 2019
The best part of this episode is Kibe standing up for Kazuya. The latter may be awkward and confusing, but at the same time he'll give it his 100% towards his goals.

The worst part is Chizuru falling off the boat. PLOT. LAZY EXPOSITION. Chizuru should've not gone on the boat if she is seasick. Why go to the beach if you hate the ocean? No normal ferry rocks like that. She goes to the edge for no reason....... I can see when the author makes no effort for plot exposition. 8/10 before the final scene. 4/10 overall for lazy exposition.
Aug 1, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2015
Rental girlfriend: * becomes a dumpster fire *
Domestic girlfriend: "ho ho I see a rival approaching"
Aug 1, 2020 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
We all know that mizuhara was kinda sick but she already has feelings for Kazuya.
That Mami-b1tch aghhh
But oh man, his friend doing all that for kazuya. If you have a friend like that make sure you treat him like gold man.
Aug 1, 2020 1:12 AM

Aug 2017
I have never wanted an MC to die as badly as here.

Next ep of course idiot MC drowns and has to be saved by the girl, looks like in preview.
Aug 1, 2020 1:23 AM
Feb 2017
I ironically liked the first 3 episodes because they were kinda trashy-fun, but this one I actually really enjoyed. The Kibe backstory and his telling of his friendship with Kazuya was actually wholesome.
Aug 1, 2020 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
Bibimbapski said:
I fucking hated it when Kazuya was like, "I bet you hated being with trash like me." JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, SHUT THE FUCK UP! Let her walk away in peace, you already "broke up" in front of everyone. This level of self-loathing, woe-is-me self-pity is disgusting and fucking annoying. I've been around people like that, college classmates, coworkers, etc. and I avoid them like the fucking plague, those type of people drain my energy and they're just awful.

Kazuya doesn't need a girlfriend. He needs a fucking therapist and life coach. He needs to meet more people and explore the country, travel abroad and do more things. He's being manipulated by people he calls friends and family.

Yeaah...

I was pretty annoyed by MC's behavior in this episode. OK you might have troubles to get over your past relationship, moreover if your ex is that toxic.
OK both MC & nice gurl agreed on "breaking up", but why deciding to do it on your own ?!

Regarding the episode itself, I was pretty generally disappointed.
The fight to be horribly ridiculous. 0 credibility, why the fuck would you beat your friend up just 'cause you disagree with his management of his relationship ? Tsss.
The pace was bad contrary to the first 3 episodes: they spend far to much time on the old story telling, most of the episode was no surprise since the end of the latest one.

I hope the next episode will set the bar back up.
Aug 1, 2020 1:38 AM

Jul 2016
WHY ARE THEY HITTING EACH OTHER! XD
Aug 1, 2020 1:43 AM

Jun 2020
Everyone hating on the mc just makes me wanna root for him more than I currently am, keep going guys!
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 1, 2020 1:50 AM
Apr 2019
Mami-chan did nothing wrong. Jokes asides, Kibe is a real MVP here. It is so satisfying to see him punching our MC even though I already read the manga. But again Kazuya is just more a bit realistic character so I'll forgive forgive him for that. We always need a friend like Kibe who always watched our backs despite the shortcomings of his friend.
Aug 1, 2020 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
Getting tired of the characters already tbh... when can we see the other 2 girls? As for the episode itself, the majority of it was more or less the same stuff you would already expect (seriously, how many more of these "this is the last time we do this"?) showed some backstory to try to show MC as a better person, with the cliff at the end being a part of it. Next episode will show either MC being useless in saving her or he saves her somehow but drowns. I hope we will get to see one of the other 2 girls on episode 6 at least...
Aug 1, 2020 4:24 AM

Jun 2020
this series is getting so much hate, every time i see it on the front page it's like negative & heavily panned reviews, i wish people could take it more lightly, it's like what, 4 episodes in? just look at the amount of 1* reviews already like are you kidding me, i guess it's hype to hate on this now - i'll admit i didn't take a liking to it immediately but it's really picking up, people should chill & if you hate it so much, don't watch it lol

anyway i didn't read the manga but why is this beach/mami arc getting so stretched out, i'm so sick of mami, kazuya is such a simp for her toxic ass

also, kibe a real bro!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
Kibe, Okarishimasu
Aug 1, 2020 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
Do people actually think them defending Kuzuya via telling other people the only reason they hate or dislike him is because he’s realistic will actually make people like him or is a good argument? If anything you’re making more people hate him with your weird fantasy of thinking this is *normal* I dont know which country you people who claim he is realistic are from but from where I am, hell no, me and the guys I know arent low enough to rent a girlfriend let alone make dumbass decisions like he does consistently and consecutively, if anything this will lower any guys self confidence than help it in anyway, it only works in practice but in whats happening here is just pathetic, sure people like Kuzuya exist, but in no way is that normal, people like that needs help, not defended for being like that.
Its simple really, people dislike him because he’s done nothing to be liked for, he’s lied on a regular basis, he says one thing and does another, he makes poor terrible decisions consistenly, he drags other people into his mess and the worst part about all that, he doesnt learn or better himself in any capacity, guy is all talk and no backbone, how can you expect people to like someone like him? Unless youre into watching characters make an utter fool of himself while simping on girls then go wild.

That being said.... I cant stomach watching this anymore... Kuzuya is way more cringier in anime form, even top tier seiyuu’s with good art and amazing songs sadly cant keep me from dropping this... I really wanted to stick around until I hear TakaRie and Touyama Nao do their characters before dropping but eh, not worth it.
/dropped.
-StrayAug 1, 2020 5:29 AM
Aug 1, 2020 5:43 AM

Nov 2017
ok now im really curiously looking forward to next episode

plz @ me
Aug 1, 2020 5:49 AM
Mar 2020
this ep was pretty enjoyable ngl, first time it was cool
Aug 1, 2020 5:53 AM

May 2019
Damn, that ending was pretty intense. Guess Mami is gonna have to wait her turn

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Aug 2018
Well damn that was a fairly dramatic episode. Looks like Chizuru is OK, but why the sudden urge to go overboard? I’m sure it will be something nutty.
Aug 1, 2020 7:11 AM

Aug 2017
gaussian_ said:
At any rate, I'm of the opinion that the reason Kazuya is so hated is because he isn't the type of main character people want to project themselves onto. Thank goodness for that, I say; we need some main characters that, like all of humanity, are "[made] a little lower than the angels."

This. I would be in the same position as Kazu if a hot and mean girl like Mami hit on me. Man, she's a monster.
Aug 1, 2020 7:17 AM
Jun 2017
I REALLY DONT LIKE MAMI'S CHARACTER... but sadly those type pf girls do exist on real life... she breaks up with kazuya but she still want kazuya to be head over heels with her...

anyways a FRIEND WILL ALWAYS BE A FRIEND... love that guy who threw punch at kazuya... for he he just showed how he truly cared for his friend.

and that last scene... ohh im excited to see that one already...

and please kazuya, WAKE UP FROM YOUR DREAM... MAMI AIN'T LOVE YOU...
Aug 1, 2020 7:34 AM
May 2020
Kibe would be a better protagonist than Kazuya. When he punched kazuya's face it was the most exciting scene of the episode besides the "jump" part
Aug 1, 2020 7:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its about time Kazuya had so much courage to tell the truth. Oh, no, its not the real truth. It just another misunderstanding for his friend! For fuck sake, Chizuru why you walked on that boat while you had trouble on your balance? I just shaking my head so hard with the plot. Its really a try hard trial for making Kazuya into a likable MC. Lmao. At that point, i don't quite surprised if by any means, that chick had fallen in love with that trash boy called Kazuya. All of those characters are nonsense, i take back all of my care on my few commentary before. It just really unacceptable for me.

Also, that past of him. No, no, no, its no good. Its too good to be true. It can't be like that. Its just, hell no its happening. He was still trash! So thats how the everything just gone too smoothly good into the Kazuya side by taking every girl into his own good. Goddamned cliche. What a plot!
badabassAug 1, 2020 7:48 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.