Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 28, 2020 9:57 PM
May 2019
WTH is this worst episode, feel rushed and no point
Jul 28, 2020 9:59 PM
Aug 2013
Tbh everyone complaining that this episode was rushed, I think that the whole marriage plotline dint cut out for me even in the webtoon. I was not looking forward to this week's episode and I am rather glad they rushed it out in this episode. That said, Daewi actually broke mira's sword and proceeded to finish her. Little details like that are missed or completely altered like the fruit that Mori ate and the character he met. I feel that the anime is leaving no options for a second season by important details that would be used to further explore plotlines.
Jul 29, 2020 12:09 AM

Jan 2020
It was a weird episode to say the least. Mira's marriage proposal came out of nowhere. The pace was also bad. I know that they are trying to add more depth to Mira's character, but it didn't work out well for me. I also didn't expect that the fight between Daewi and Mira will end this quickly. So that part was interesting I guess.

Overall, it was an average episode. Might be even slightly below average. The first 3 episodes were better in my opinion.
Jul 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Jul 2020
Am I the only one who thinks that the marriage scene had more budget than the fight scenes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2020 2:13 AM

Jan 2014
The whole marriage thing felt so rushed. Mira looked like a very interesting character but her backstory is all over the place.

Daewi just wrecking everyone at the end, completely out of character, was absolutely incredible though.
Jul 29, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2017
Mira is 17, right? Isn't it illegal to marry her? She's still a minor and it should come under child marriage.

That aside she looked beautiful in wedding dress. I think she should put specs aside and wear contacts from now on <3
Jul 29, 2020 2:45 AM

Aug 2017
Sourire said:

introduce the power of friendship between people that have known each other for like 3 days,

These are my exact thoughts. They barely know each other bro. I get it that some times people just connect easily but you won't get into their personal matters that easily.
Jul 29, 2020 3:29 AM

May 2018
Not bad. Lol @ the random marriage.

The big guy seems to have become much more coldhearted after his friend died (who knows he may have survived)
Jul 29, 2020 3:29 AM

May 2018
Not bad. Lol @ the random marriage.

The big guy seems to have become much more coldhearted after his friend died (who knows he may have survived)
Jul 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Dec 2018
What a rushed episode and rie kugimiya becomes va of imouto, nicely done
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jul 29, 2020 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Okay I was really confused at first with that sudden shift (marriage out of nowhere with some random guy? wtf) and they dragged this part too much, but thanks to that the ending scene made my jaw drop a little. I wish they showed more of that fight, but nonetheless it was impactful. It was generally much worse than eps 1-3, but I still liked it. 3/5
fuyukiJul 29, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2014
I guess this was a filler episode right?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Aug 2014

Jul 29, 2020 6:44 AM

Jun 2017
No taekwondo

1/10
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jul 29, 2020 7:53 AM
Aug 2018
I dropped this anime after this episode. To put filler in episode 4 is inexcusable. Not to mention it was a REALLY BAD filler episode for so many different reasons.
Jul 29, 2020 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
WEBTOON GUYS saying they rushed it!! But it was as bad in webtoon too. I would have preferred it to be skipped, but rushing it doesn't seem bad either. A bad episode at the end. Should have adapted Weak Hero instead of this generic webtoon. They are similar genre anyways.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jul 29, 2020 9:58 AM

Apr 2007
I didn't hate this episode as much as I thought I would, but definitely would have preferred focusing on Daewi's drama and the fight rather than the stupid wedding.

Oh well, moving on.
Jul 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2016
seems the anime is getting lots of hate, yet I find it odd the score is 8 in MAL

I can understand that everything is pretty rushed and some fight isn't as good as in the webtoon , however I find that Mira Vs Ma Mi-Sun in epo 3 to be better in the anime then it was in the webtoon
Jul 29, 2020 3:09 PM

Jul 2019
This was painful to watch... I thought that when I embraced the fact that this wasn't about martial arts things would be better, but I guesss this wasn't the main issue. Watching the wedding unfold was like watching a 20 year old Detective Conan episode -only in really, really bad. The pacing was bad anyway.
Jul 29, 2020 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
well, at least it's not as predictable anymore.. i guess....

Jul 29, 2020 7:12 PM
May 2017
this episode was garbage, that is all.
Jul 29, 2020 7:37 PM
Jan 2017
The reason why this episode was so quick paced is because it's the same in the webtoon, a quick paced mini arc with a marriage out of no where, but they cut some key content in the webtoon that would've made the episode more interesting with more back story from Mira.
Jul 29, 2020 7:40 PM
Jan 2017
Raptors0verlord said:
seems the anime is getting lots of hate, yet I find it odd the score is 8 in MAL

I can understand that everything is pretty rushed and some fight isn't as good as in the webtoon , however I find that Mira Vs Ma Mi-Sun in epo 3 to be better in the anime then it was in the webtoon

It really is odd but I agree with you about the fight between Mira vs Ma Mi-Sun, the fight scenes are well done in the anime most of times.
Jul 29, 2020 8:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I.... what the hell did i just watch
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 29, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2020
This episode to me was kind of misplaced in its importance of scenes. When first watching the episode and seeing they went straight to the top 4, I was wondering where the rest of the tournament went. Then, I saw the Mira marriage story and thought of this episode be a filler episode. I didn't really care for it to be a filler episode, I actually enjoyed it to be a filler to give the characters more background. I thought the episode would end at Mira's marriage story but Daewi's story was starting as well. Then the fight came, I honestly thought that fight in itself would've been one episode, but it ended in 10 seconds. I was really excited to see the fight between those two but I guess it wasn't that important? I just thought the episode's timeline was weird and it was cutting things out that were or should've been important.
Jul 29, 2020 10:58 PM

Oct 2008
Jin Mori & Han Daewi in formal suits was so cool and badass!
oh no Yoo Mira got wrecked by a broken Han Daewi!
5/5.

EDIT: what's up with the reindeer nose and all the hate!?
matias067Jul 29, 2020 11:01 PM

Jul 30, 2020 12:01 AM

Aug 2017
Most of the episode was just a waste of time! Is the marriage story line really necessary? The bad guy should have only stolen Moon Sword Style without being overly elaborate something complicated like a wedding.

The worst part is that the most important thing is only showed in a few minutes, Daewi's friend death and he savagely beating Mira.

2/5 cuz it made me laugh
NurguburuJul 30, 2020 12:52 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 30, 2020 3:27 AM
May 2013
this was comically bad. might keep watching it just to laugh at it.
Jul 30, 2020 4:38 AM

Apr 2020
I was right that the pacing is perfect. Just rush through the story to get to the action, please, do not waste too much of our time with awful plot and characters.
Jul 30, 2020 5:36 AM

Nov 2013
that asshole, first he "saves" her from marriage, because she can show his style in the tournament...and then he beats the hell out of her without mercy, wow such help he gave to her and her dream ...
also, he was hitting that wounded spot on purpose, lol using that tactic agains't a friend is ... and don't use the excuse about his other friend dying, cause that's not her fault

not to mention the stan guy got one shot by her slap lol

oh whatever, it's not like i care about the story, i just wanna see the fights

tbh the only good thing on this episode was Kugimiya Rie voicing the sister lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 30, 2020 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
The ending was wild omg...
Jul 30, 2020 10:23 PM

Aug 2015
Guess they ran out of budget for this ep lmao.
Plot was the worst so far despite there being very little action.

Mira's makeup looks so bad.... the art style is really bad for eye shadow and lipstick along with the red nose and red ears.... yuck

Lets just get back to the ridiculous tournaments. At least those were fun.
Jul 31, 2020 6:04 AM
Jul 2020
everything just feels so rushed. meh.
Jul 31, 2020 11:20 AM

Apr 2020
Appalling script ... This is the most important weakness of this episode or even the anime.
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jul 31, 2020 5:09 PM
Jun 2019
Kaasfondue said:
I was right that the pacing is perfect. Just rush through the story to get to the action, please, do not waste too much of our time with awful plot and characters.

I did think of it like that, here i was thinking it was awful, b-but its perfectlly awful, so i can big dopamine rush when good guy beats bad guy woo
Jul 31, 2020 5:37 PM

Mar 2013
This adaptation is a mess so far.. the direction is really lacking

Not sure if it's just me but everything just feel rushed, even the scenes where you know there should be some impact feel shallow or just lack the proper impact that they should have.
The story lacks connection, it's like there are just a bunch of scenes that need to be there in the episode and they throw them there without additional effort to add a proper flow to the story.
There's no proper sense how much time pass between each scene.

I've only read a couple of chapters of the original webtoon but I can say that so far the anime doesn't make it justice to the original webtoon.
Jul 31, 2020 7:23 PM

Jul 2017
RPWPA said:

This was canon sadly. I hated this arc in the webtoon too since it felt so abrupt and came too quickly, and the anime only made it so much more abrupt and random and fast lol.
Jul 31, 2020 9:01 PM
Oct 2012
I guess Tower of God was not so bad after all
Aug 1, 2020 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Engrish Katana boy
Dewi is goin all in now. I wanna see what comes next.
(There is a lot of ppl in this ep discussion.7_7)
Aug 1, 2020 4:04 AM

May 2011
trash episode, don't get me wrong everything was great, besides the story, it was forced, boring and rushed.

Let's begin with the rushed part, ok, why is everyone so concerned about Mira when they literally met like 2 days ago, it doesn't make any sense, and why did she listen to them when they tried to crash the wedding, they shouldn't have any weight to her decisions, it was non of their business.

Also everything happened so fast it was insane, like that guy proposed to her, she accepted without hesitation even though he was obviously a creep, at least she could've told him to wait for some time, she had to think this through, no ? Ok she agreed, they went through with the wedding, her "friends" crashed it, and she went a long with them. That wouldn't have happened if she thought about her decision for at least one day...

Also that was not enough, they crammed daewi's fight into this, sorry but they're rushing at an insane level.

Also why is there no one question the superpowers people apparently have ? Like that dude made the whole roof crack down and people where just filming like nothing was happening.

Ok anyway, I'll be still watching it but its quality is just degrading by the episode.

I'm pretty sure the webtoon isn't nearly as rushed as this as usual with these webtoon adaptations.
Satan-samaAug 1, 2020 4:08 AM
Aug 1, 2020 5:17 AM

Aug 2014
animejas said:
RPWPA said:

This was canon sadly. I hated this arc in the webtoon too since it felt so abrupt and came too quickly, and the anime only made it so much more abrupt and random and fast lol.

Really!! It was so bad I legit thought this wouldn't be canon.

Aug 1, 2020 9:12 AM

Feb 2020
this episode was much more enjoyable than the rest but still very very rushed. nothing fits together. their relationship with all three of them seems so unnatural as we barely got to see them bond at the start.

i liked her little backstory and her family is so cute with her sister/cousin and uncle. i wonder why all of the sudden this guy or the guy telling him to get it wants the moon light sword if it's been forgotten or is looked down on.

why did daewi do that? all the blood.. poor mira.
Aug 1, 2020 4:14 PM

Jun 2012
What iis wrong with Crunchyroll... I havent read the webtoons and even I though this was rushed, Tower of God all over again. Yes the animation is good but the writting smells like shit. Why not aim for something good, we already many anime mediocre like this.
Aug 2, 2020 8:38 AM

Aug 2016
This show further proves itself to be nothing but mindless animation. Sure the animation is good, but that's it. The story structure and pacing are atrocious. The pacing is so fast that none of the emotional beats hit at all. It feels like watching an adaptation of a detailed summary.

Aug 2, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
Definitely the worst episode, episode came out of no where and had an impossibly poor pace.
Aug 2, 2020 3:20 PM

Sep 2018
Holy shit I thought ToG had pacing problems but this show is on a whole new level
Aug 2, 2020 6:11 PM
Aug 2018
this episode is very mixed for me.

on the one hand i like that we got more about mira's past, and the marriage thing was ok i guess.

the ending of this episode is what really bothers me, daewi losing it happening so suddenly and only seeing it for like a minute is very weird to me, it seems like it was just in there to be a cliffhanger after the whole marriage thing even though it definitely should've just been at the beginning of the next episode. i was expecting at least half an episode dedicated to the fight between mira and daewi, instead it lasted like 10 seconds.

this one was definitely the weakest episode of this show so far
Aug 2, 2020 7:27 PM
Aug 2018
D-A-W said:
This show further proves itself to be nothing but mindless animation. Sure the animation is good, but that's it. The story structure and pacing are atrocious. The pacing is so fast that none of the emotional beats hit at all. It feels like watching an adaptation of a detailed summary.

This pretty much summarized my thoughts. Thank you.
Aug 3, 2020 12:22 AM
Apr 2020
Daewi has no chill god damn. Rlly out here living by Chris Brown principles
Aug 3, 2020 4:55 AM
Jun 2015
Naygen said:
Well, I'm checked out.
What a disaster.

I'll be watching the random moments of sakuga MAPPA will be able to salvage from this, but getting invested in this show isn't something I can do.
I warned everyone about this shit. GOH is just for the fights. Everything else is bad. Oh, but it gets dumber after this.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

268 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.