Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2020 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a way to finish a battle. That battle was a complete bloodbath, and I've never read a manga that did so much to earn such an outcome. I had my concerns when the story transitioned to Earth, but Volume 14 shows that Gundam Thunderbolt has improved from the first arc.

What makes this manga work so well is that there are almost no faceless characters. Background characters are shown to be distinct people who have a clear job, and they reappear in the story when they should. You don't really know all those characters, but you know of those characters. That adds a personal touch to all the combat because you will know at least the person on one side, if not both. This wasn't the bloodiest battle in an anime or manga, but it is the largest battle I've seen that obtained such a deep rooted personal touch. It was tough seeing characters that have been around for almost 10 volumes die in the normal actions of war.

It'll be interesting to see how things move on from here. The character that caught by eye was Alicia, the girl who was one of the few child pilots who survived the Thunderbolt Sector. She survived another mission that claimed almost all of her comrades, and I'm curious to see what she does now. I'm guessing she take the spot of Marcus, but who knows. I'm also wondering what happened to Billie as well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Chapter 157 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Oct 15, 2022

1 by Tornado316 »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Chapter 152 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Oct 15, 2022

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Oct 15, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Chapter 148 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - May 12, 2022

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
May 12, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Chapter 147 Discussion

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
May 12, 2022 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam Thunderbolt Chapter 146 Discussion

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
May 12, 2022 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.