Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 26, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2018
Arin-san said:
Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Boruto, Darling in the FranXX, Evangelion, School Days, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Erased, Dragonball Z, Pupa, Hametsu no Mars, new Berserk anime, Eromanga Sensei, Oreimo, I've never seen people hate on these animes.

Are you joking or are you new on the internet ?
Jul 26, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2020
allBrawNnoBrains said:
Arin-san said:
Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Boruto, Darling in the FranXX, Evangelion, School Days, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Erased, Dragonball Z, Pupa, Hametsu no Mars, new Berserk anime, Eromanga Sensei, Oreimo, I've never seen people hate on these animes.
People hate SAO with a passion (including myself). Boruto gets tons of hate from OG naruto fans. Despite being considered a masterpiece by many, Evangelion is labelled as meaningless trash. MHA gets shit on all the time by elitists. Darling in the FranXx is hated by many for starting off strong and then plummeting in writing quality. Lol dude, those few shows alone attract more hatred than the Jewish community during WWII.
CuteAssTiger said:

Arin-san said:

Are you joking or are you new on the internet ?

lmao, can you guys really not tell when someone is obviously being sarcastic.
Jul 26, 2020 4:20 PM

Jun 2020
lmao, can you guys really not tell when someone is obviously being sarcastic.
To be fair, you sometimes can't tell. Even something as obviously false as that could've been written seriously.
Jul 27, 2020 4:58 AM

Apr 2018
I'd say Madoka Magica but I think some people hate it only from seeing its poster, though I don't think someone who actually had watched it would hate it. Well, the masterpiece that I haven't seen anyone talk bad about (maybe I haven't seen anyone talk about it) is Shinsekai Yori.
Jul 27, 2020 5:09 AM

Sep 2017
There are plenty of shows like that, but I guess the best example for this would be Legend of the Galactic Heroes

But some anime also have really united fanbases like Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou and 3-gatsu no Lion
Jul 27, 2020 5:18 AM

Mar 2018
Except for Ocean Waves and The Wind Rises you will find very few haters for almost every other movie that Ghibli has ever made. IMO very hard to top. I think I really need to give Legend of the Galctoc Heros a shot. It is on my list but I haven't gotten around to actually watch the show.
Jul 27, 2020 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
AniMarter said:
I'm going to guess Legend of the Galactic Heroes as I've never heard a bad word from someone who's watched it and the only criticisms being from people who have not watched it - and those criticisms being "it's too old" or "it's too long."

Well, on the contrary I didn't meet many LotGH fans who would not be persistent about forcing their hyperpositive feelings about this anime and who would not be toxic as hell when you dare to say that you don't like this genre and/or you are not interested in watching this show, lol.
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Jul 27, 2020 7:38 AM

Apr 2018
Probably 3-gatsu no Lion, almost everyone that watched the show praised it, especially the 2nd season.
ใ€€
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
โ€• Mark Twain
ใ€€
Jul 27, 2020 7:50 AM

Jul 2019
Legend of the galatic heroes
Steins;gate
Bloom into you
Monogatari seies
Clannad
Jul 27, 2020 9:13 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
One of my favourite findings from writing In Numbers: The Best Anime of the Decade:
...Noragami is the least "controversial" anime in the top 250, so to speak. Not only does Noragami Aragoto have the lowest percentage of 1s, but the first season also has the 6th-lowest overall and the 2nd-lowest for a non-sequel after Hinamatsuri.
Jul 27, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2018
It's simple man Sword Art Online.
Don't get your anticipation high here.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jul 27, 2020 8:26 PM

Jun 2019
allBrawNnoBrains said:
Anastacius said:

I mean how there is very little haters for the amount of praise it gets. And most of the criticism it get's is the beginning parts where many say was quite boring.
From my experience, Steins gate gets plenty of criticism for being pretentious. Sure, it's not as extreme as a show like Elfen Lied, in that the viewerbase is firmly divided into 2 camps (love it/absolutely hate it), but it still does receive its fair share of hate. Steins;Gate mostly gets negative rep for being overhyped and overrated.

"Pretentious" is such an overused, useless, and meaningless excuse for "criticism" of any anime or any other story ever in any medium which has been totally and fundamentally devalued and sapped of all worth and potency it ever once may have possessed. It's little more today than an anti-intellectual dogwhistle term cheaply bandied about by those who at the core neither understand any story nor even want to try to understand or care for any story they take a seemingly instant and instinctual disliking to for any superficial reason under the sun.

To me, Steins;Gate is good and competently enough told - great in parts though not throughout or in all respects, and not taken to the next level of being excellent or masterful, excelling in any one key area or multiple, and consequently I do consider it rather overrated compared to many other anime given its status and usual rankings of it in the premium single digit placement of most top anime lists and charts.

Yet I cannot for the life of me see in any sense what someone could credibly call and see as "pretentious" about it and, as a result, would question their understanding of the dictionary definition of the word. It's really sad and slightly troubling to see that in today's colloquial parlance the widespread usage of "pretentious" has apparently taken on a meaning synonymous with "Anything which features something - anything, I dislike or don't want to think about for any reason".

This "critique" should receive its final funerary rites and be left by the wayside and in its stead, a demand for the critic to elucidate their actual contention with anything said in the story, because it just increasingly has come off as a way of dismissing shows off-hand that don't stick to safe and sanitized subject matter. And if those who champion it had their way, the world would be a colorless place and every anime and show the same, only allowed to stick to a narrow range of pre-approved plots and topics.

No anime has tried to be the next Galileo or some sole answer to all the world's problems, only fit to be consumed by philosopher-kings. They wouldn't receive a budget for that as there wouldn't be deemed a sufficient viable market for it in the first place. So I don't know what people are trying to say or accomplish by calling every other anime that comes out "pretentious" for any invented reason. I don't know why there exists a seeming compulsion in some to lash out and "put into place" not only actual people, but inanimate entities and art, like anime, as if it's out of jealousy or some insult or threat to the critic that any show would dare not to dumb itself down too much. The vast majority of shows people are labeling "pretentious" aren't "putting on airs of or pretending to be smarter than they are" as definitions would suggest. They're also just not cultureless and braindead and not pretending to be. You don't have to be a genius to appreciate these shows, but it's as if their reactionary critics are reacting on autopilot over the threat of some implied exclusivity. It's inane and it's punishing creators for something laudable and commendable, which is daring to imagine and dream and think outside of the box in any area in any capacity.

People should be encouraging more shows to actually challenge people's minds and comfort level and imagination even a tad rather than trying to viciously shout it down the moment it appears for any reason and in turn forcing a dull, lobotomized uniformity on the industry as the only "safe" protective measure against being on the receiving end of such petty mindless flak.
WatchTillTandavaJul 27, 2020 8:32 PM
Jul 27, 2020 8:35 PM

Jan 2018
Literally never seen anyone talk shit on Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju so I'll say that.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 27, 2020 8:36 PM

Jun 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
allBrawNnoBrains said:
From my experience, Steins gate gets plenty of criticism for being pretentious. Sure, it's not as extreme as a show like Elfen Lied, in that the viewerbase is firmly divided into 2 camps (love it/absolutely hate it), but it still does receive its fair share of hate. Steins;Gate mostly gets negative rep for being overhyped and overrated.

"Pretentious" is such an overused, useless, and meaningless excuse for "criticism" of any anime or any other story ever in any medium which has been totally and fundamentally devalued and sapped of all worth and potency it ever once may have possessed. It's little more today than an anti-intellectual dogwhistle term cheaply bandied about by those who at the core neither understand any story nor even want to try to understand or care for any story they take a seemingly instant and instinctual disliking to for any superficial reason under the sun.

To me, Steins;Gate is good and competently enough told - great in parts though not throughout or in all respects, and not taken to the next level of being excellent or masterful, excelling in any one key area or multiple, and consequently I do consider it rather overrated compared to many other anime given its status and common rankings of in the premium single digit placement of most top anime lists and charts.

Yet I cannot for the life of me see in any sense what someone could credibly call and see as "pretentious" about it and would question their understanding of the dictionary definition of the word. It's really sad and slightly troubling to see that in today's colloquial parlance the widespread usage of "pretentious" has apparently taken on a meaning synonymous with "Anything which features something, anything I dislike or don't want to think about for any reason".

This "critique" should receive its final funerary rites and be left by the wayside and in its stead, a demand for the critic to elucidate their actual contention with anything said in the story, because it just increasingly has come off as a way of dismissing shows off-hand that don't stick to safe and sanitized subject matter. And if those who champion it had their way, the world would be a colorless place and every anime and show the same, only allowed to stick to a narrow range of pre-approved plots and topics.

No anime has tried to be the next Galileo or some sole answer to all the world's problems, only fit to be consumed by philosopher-kings. They wouldn't receive a budget for that as there wouldn't be deemed a sufficient viable market for it in the first place. So I don't know what people are trying to say or accomplish by calling every other anime that comes out "pretentious" for any invented reason. I don't know why there exists a seeming compulsion in some to lash out and "put into place" not only actual people, but inanimate entities and art, like anime, as if it's out of jealousy or some insult or threat to the critic that any show would dare not to dumb itself down too much. The vast majority of shows people are labeling "pretentious" aren't "putting on airs of or pretending to be smarter than they are" as definitions would suggest. They're also just not cultureless and braindead and not pretending to be. You don't have to be a genius to appreciate these shows, but it's as if their reactionary critics are reacting on autopilot over the threat of some implied exclusivity. It's inane and it's punishing creators for something laudable and commendable, which is daring to imagine and dream and think outside of the box in any area in any capacity.

People should be encouraging more shows to actually challenge people's minds and comfort level and imagination even a tad rather than trying to viciously shout it down the moment it appears for any reason and in turn forcing a dull, lobotomized uniformity on the industry as the only "safe" protective measure against such petty mindless flak.

Elfen Lied is the most pretentious trash I've ever seen in my life.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 27, 2020 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Statistically, the anime with the least hate would be something obscure and slightly above mediocre

Therefore, it's probably the Totsukuni no Shoujo OVA
Jul 27, 2020 8:42 PM
็ฉ‚ไนƒๆžœใฏ็ฅž

Oct 2015
Kaiji, I have never seen anything but praise for that anime & manga series, maybe one or two people saying the art looks weird and that the show might not be for them, but Kaiji (and heck, even all of FKMT's works) seem to be absolutely lauded. Deservedly so, Kaiji's sense of drama and many looks into human emotion is absolutely phenomenal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Jun 2020
WatchTillTandava said:
allBrawNnoBrains said:

To me, Steins;Gate is good and competently enough told - great in parts though not throughout or in all respects, and not taken to the next level of being excellent or masterful, excelling in any one key area or multiple, and consequently I do consider it rather overrated compared to many other anime given its status and usual rankings of it in the premium single digit placement of most top anime lists and charts.

Yet I cannot for the life of me see in any sense what someone could credibly call and see as "pretentious" about it and, as a result, would question their understanding of the dictionary definition of the word. It's really sad and slightly troubling to see that in today's colloquial parlance the widespread usage of "pretentious" has apparently taken on a meaning synonymous with "Anything which features something, anything I dislike or don't want to think about for any reason".

People should be encouraging more shows to actually challenge people's minds and comfort level and imagination even a tad rather than trying to viciously shout it down the moment it appears for any reason and in turn forcing a dull, lobotomized uniformity on the industry as the only "safe" protective measure against such petty mindless flak.
My g, a show doesn't have to attempt anything huge to be considered pretentious. Sure, people misuse the word, but in some cases it's a perfectly valid, albeit heavily subjective criticism. If an anime attempts to tackle some profound theme in an attempt to appear "intellectual," I'd say it's pretentious. If their execution of said theme is well done, and if the show ultimately ended up resonating with me, then that word doesn't apply. For example, Evangelion is often labelled as pretentious because of its intensely philosophical, and its emphasis on meaning over clarity. Does that make it pretentious? Sure, in the eyes of somebody who doesn't find value in its meaning. It is pretentious to someone who ultimately fails to appreciate its thematic merits. But to me, an Evangelion fan, it's not pretentious. Why? Because it resonated with me and I felt it's execution of metanarrative to be superb. It's a subjective word, my friend. An overused (and commonly misused) word, but not a word that should be eliminated. And I'm sorry homes, but the way you write is just too complicated for no good reason lmao. You could simplify your entire post and it wouldn't lose an ounce of weight or credibility. Jeez, so many words that don't contribute to anything.
Jul 27, 2020 8:45 PM

Jun 2019
spectrojan said:
Elfen Lied is the most pretentious trash I've ever seen in my life.

To that I would just reiterate everything I said in my above post - it's not a meaningful criticism, whether of Elfen Lied or, really, of anything else.
Jul 27, 2020 8:59 PM

Jun 2019
allBrawNnoBrains said:
My g, a show doesn't have to attempt anything huge to be considered pretentious. Sure, people misuse the word, but in some cases it's a perfectly valid

Disagree for my above stated reasons, but you go into the heart of the matter over precisely what is so meaningless about it below:

allBrawNnoBrains said:
albeit heavily subjective criticism. If an anime attempts to tackle some profound theme in an attempt to appear "intellectual," I'd say it's pretentious. If their execution of said theme is well done, and if the show ultimately ended up resonating with me, then that word doesn't apply. For example, Evangelion is often labelled as pretentious because of its intensely philosophical, and its emphasis on meaning over clarity. Does that make it pretentious? Sure, in the eyes of somebody who doesn't find value in its meaning. It is pretentious to someone who ultimately fails to appreciate its thematic merits. But to me, an Evangelion fan, it's not pretentious. Why? Because it resonated with me and I felt it's execution of metanarrative to be superb. It's a subjective word, my friend.

Which really lies at the core of why it's meaningless to me, since anything I see people criticizing as "pretentious" never registers that way to me at all, and knowing the other views, personalities, and dispositions of those who frequently employ it, it's really only used in a prejudicial denigrating way against any art which contains any idea or message the critic in question dislikes for any ideologically-based reason. If they don't have a problem with what either the show is saying or perceive the show as saying, it's normally conspicuously absent from their vocabulary. It's a selective and dishonest term for typically dishonest people who prefer shaming anything they don't understand, don't want to try to understand, and don't want anyone else to either. That's why it's so destructive and ignorant.

It's just the noxious weed of literary criticism in verbiage, and that extends to anime. It and its wielders simply seek to cast aspersions, tear down, or destroy anything which they perceive to be at risk of being more beautiful than or eclipsing them. It's a word which most seems to be tied to a needless inferiority complex and associated neuroses.

allBrawNnoBrains said:
And I'm sorry homes, but the way you write is just too complicated for no good reason lmao. You could simplify your entire post and it wouldn't lose an ounce of weight or credibility. Jeez, so many words that don't contribute to anything.

I could do a lot of things, but I will not. Don't take that as an insult or personal slight however - This is simply how I speak and write and have not ever in the past, will not now, nor in the future, have any intention of changing that; zero. I'm saying what I believe to be correct in the manner which comes natural to me and is of my choosing. I say it for my own sake and for anyone passing by who is interested. If someone doesn't enjoy the way in which I speak, they are free to communicate in their own preferred style but I will not alter mine even a single iota. Or they are free to criticize or not respond at all, but in all cases the outcome will be one.

WatchTillTandavaJul 27, 2020 11:26 PM
Jul 27, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2019
I'd say FMAB, Gintama, or Steins Gate. HxH has been getting a decent amount of hate recently.
Jul 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Dec 2015
People love to hate things because other people like them. I know I love to shit on things just because it will annoy people. The more popular and well-regarded something is, the more shitlords you'll get dumping on it to annoy the fans, and the more shitlords that dump on something, the more their criticisms will be actually analyzed and dissected and adopted by well-meaning fans. Most hatred of media stems originally from either irony or cynicism before developing into legitimate criticism.
This is partly why the continuous growth of the anime community and industry isn't a good thing. As much as criticism is a useful academic tool, a cultural oasis is slowly being swallowed by a swamp of rhetoric. There's an extreme difference between recognizing the faults of a piece of media within a cult following, and ripping something apart in bad faith because the rhetoric of criticism determines that you must do so. It's severely disheartening to see how my own perspective has changed as an anime fan, and I haven't even been a fan that long. Not to mention the modern indoctrination processes for anime fans, the constant overindulgence on seasonal garbage and an arbitrary list of 'Classics'. Paradise lost.
Dropping your favorite show
Jul 27, 2020 10:11 PM
Nov 2019
Legends of the galactic heroes. I hear essentially zero criticism from people who've actually watched the show. With how in-accessible the show is as well, it makes sense there's little hate towards it.
Jul 27, 2020 11:15 PM

Jul 2020
Arin-san said:

LMAO you sir, have achieved ultimate sarcasm

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ
Jul 27, 2020 11:34 PM

Jun 2019
GrandEgotist said:
People love to hate things because other people like them. I know I love to shit on things just because it will annoy people.

What do you believe motivates this behavior or way of thinking of some humans - meaning, on like the collective psychological level? I'm genuinely curious, because it seems to be a very accurate description of a real phenomenon and something extremely abundant and widespread. Just natural competitiveness, wanting to strut or put down other people for what they like or some defining feature about them, or just an inherent contrarian mindset? Coming from some it almost seems designed to attempt to vie for status and "put others in their place" for what they like.
Jul 27, 2020 11:41 PM

May 2015
I'd say Hunter X Hunter. All of its versions seem to be universally praised/accepted. It just boils down to the person's taste whether or not they'd watch the '99 series + OVA or Madhouse's pre-Chimera ant reboot.

Also, Gundam Unicorn. The common opinion that I see from it is that it's a great closure to the UC timeline. Even its first set of skeptics seem to agree after watching.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Jul 27, 2020 11:45 PM

Dec 2015
WatchTillTandava said:
GrandEgotist said:
People love to hate things because other people like them. I know I love to shit on things just because it will annoy people.

What do you believe motivates this behavior or way of thinking of some humans - meaning, on like the collective psychological level? I'm genuinely curious, because it seems to be a very accurate description of a real phenomenon and something extremely abundant and widespread. Just natural competitiveness, wanting to strut or put down other people for what they like or some defining feature about them, or just an inherent contrarian mindset? Coming from some it almost seems designed to attempt to vie for status and "put others in their place" for what they like.

I think it varies from person to person and from subject to subject. I'm just naturally contrarian. I can't abide the thought of other people being self-assured or confident, so I try and push them off balance as much as possible. It angers me when people assert things like they should obviously be true, but fail to back up their claims to an adequate level to support their thesis. When it comes to subjective media, that mindset reconstructs itself into anger at people who think they unequivocally know what's best for them or other people. To generalize, I contradict people because I see confidence as a fault.
Jul 27, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2019
I would say March comes in like a lion, It is an art and it is a masterpiece. The characters are done so well you can relate to almost all of the characters in it just because of how real it felt. You can barely find any problem with it and I don't see anybody hating on the show as well.
Jul 27, 2020 11:59 PM

Jun 2019
GrandEgotist said:
I think it varies from person to person and from subject to subject. I'm just naturally contrarian. I can't abide the thought of other people being self-assured or confident, so I try and push them off balance as much as possible. It angers me when people assert things like they should obviously be true, but fail to back up their claims to an adequate level to support their thesis. When it comes to subjective media, that mindset reconstructs itself into anger at people who think they unequivocally know what's best for them or other people. To generalize, I contradict people because I see confidence as a fault.

Thanks - that makes more sense now spoken from the source. Even if there is an action or behavior I don't personally agree with or participate in, I always like to go around and ask humans what motivates them as I have to believe that for every possible action taken there is always an underlying rationale or motivation - although the extent to which those acting out something are conscious of their own motivations is very mixed.
Jul 28, 2020 12:26 AM

Dec 2015
WatchTillTandava said:
the extent to which those acting out something are conscious of their own motivations is very mixed.

Yeah, to be honest my rationale for my behaviour changes every time I reflect on it. I don't know if i'm assigning logic to an urge unwarranted or if my subconscious reflects my reasoning before the action, or if there is actually any difference between the two. I think a lot of my life is me assigning meaning to my actions after the fact and trying to sleuth out who I really am, but on a larger scale I'm aware that I'm constructing something that may very well have never existed. It's like reconstructing a skeleton from pockets in the dirt where bones might have been.
Jul 28, 2020 3:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
When you think you found a god-like s-tier anime that 100% EVERYONE will uniformly agree is good, you head down to the review section and see that one bonehead (or more...) who gives it like a 3

Always gonna be people like this who nit pick, are hard to please, don’t get what they wanted so they give it a low score, or just misinterpret the appeal that was intended. Either way, nothing is gonna be loved by all (duh)

That said, am watching cowboy bebop (finally) and if you don’t like this stuff, what the HECK is wrong with you man

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 28, 2020 3:04 AM

Jun 2020
BadJoash said:
When you think you found a god-like s-tier anime that 100% EVERYONE will uniformly agree is good, you head down to the review section and see that one bonehead (or more...) who gives it like a 3

Always gonna be people like this who nit pick, are hard to please, don’t get what they wanted so they give it a low score, or just misinterpret the appeal that was intended. Either way, nothing is gonna be loved by all (duh)

That said, am watching cowboy bebop (finally) and if you don’t like this stuff, what the HECK is wrong with you man

Almost agreed with you until I saw you think Elfen Lied is better than Death Note.
Jul 28, 2020 7:07 AM

Jun 2020
@WatchTillTandava

Which really lies at the core of why it's meaningless to me, since anything I see people criticizing as "pretentious" never registers that way to me at all, and knowing the other views, personalities, and dispositions of those who frequently employ it, it's really only used in a prejudicial denigrating way against any art which contains any idea or message the critic in question dislikes for any ideologically-based reason. If they don't have a problem with what either the show is saying or perceive the show as saying, it's normally conspicuously absent from their vocabulary.
Just because a show doesn't register that way to you doesn't mean it doesn't fit the bill by someone else's standards. To say that everyone who uses the term is "prejudiced" and "denigrating" is a massive generalization. If somebody throws out the word every chance they get without justifying it, then sure, one could make a case against it. However, if the term "pretentious" is backed up by well-conceived reasoning, then why would you have a problem against it? Sometimes it can be a valid criticism. Using it to solely bash other ideologies and criticize ideas that one doesn't agree with is wrong, but then again, that was never the word's intent.
It's a selective and dishonest term for typically dishonest people who prefer shaming anything they don't understand, don't want to try to understand, and don't want anyone else to either. That's why it's so destructive and ignorant.
Geez, a little harsh doncha think? Not everything is a case of "they hate on it cuz they don't understand it." I love Evangelion, but that doesn't mean I label anyone who doesn't like it as a moron doesn't get it. Whether you understand a show's underlying philosophies depends on the person. Nothing is set in stone. Subjectivity dominates. If somebody hates on Evangelion for being "pretentious," I'll lend them my ear. I'm inclined to hear them out. I don't assume they "just don't understand it," because, again, subjectivity is king.
It's just the noxious weed of literary criticism in verbiage, and that extends to anime
Okay, that line is pretty fuckin' cool.
It and its wielders simply seek to cast aspersions, tear down, or destroy anything which they perceive to be at risk of being more beautiful than or eclipsing them. It's a word which most seems to be tied to a needless inferiority complex and associated neuroses.
Again, totally disagree. This seems to be based upon the assumption that anybody who doesn't like what you like is a moron. If they've got valid critcisms, and can justify their use of the word, then it's perfectly alright. It's unreasonable to categorize anyone who doesn't embrace a show's themes as having been "eclipsed." I hate Elfen Lied, but that doesn't mean I was ecliipsed, nor do I have some sort of intellectual inferiority complex. I hated it because I felt it was indelibly bad, not because I didn't agree with it's meaning. To me, it's about the execution, not the ideology. Art is subjective. The opinion of someone who despises a work of art is just as valid as the opinion of someone who believes that said work of art is a magnum opus.
I could do a lot of things, but I will not. Don't take that as an insult or personal slight however - This is simply how I speak and write and have not ever in the past, will not now, nor in the future, have any intention of changing that; zero. I'm saying what I believe to be correct in the manner which comes natural to me and is of my choosing. I say it for my own sake and for anyone passing by who is interested. If someone doesn't enjoy the way in which I speak, they are free to communicate in their own preferred style but I will not alter mine even a single iota. Or they are free to criticize or not respond at all, but in all cases the outcome will be one.
Yeah man, I get it. If that's the way you wanna write, I'm in no position to try and change that. I still do think you should take it easy on the thesaurus. Ernest Hemingway believed in eliminating redundant complexity. I think that if you adopted his way of thinking, your posts would be immeasurably enhanced in regards to clarity. But again, not trying to rip on the way you write.
allBrawNnoBrainsJul 28, 2020 7:19 AM
Jul 28, 2020 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
Ashita no Joe and Aria get the love they deserve. Can't say I've met anybody who at the very least doesn't respect them.

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Jul 28, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2016
ฤฐ guess Ghibli movies like Mononoke hime and spirited away, I can't remember whenever I heard anything negative said about them. Also legend of the galactic heroes, the few amount of hate it receives comes mostly from those who have never watched it.
Jul 28, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2016
jvmesc_ said:
I would say March comes in like a lion, It is an art and it is a masterpiece. The characters are done so well you can relate to almost all of the characters in it just because of how real it felt. You can barely find any problem with it and I don't see anybody hating on the show as well.

I think it's still somewhere in my PTW list, lost and starving. I need to check it out eventually.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jul 28, 2020 8:28 AM

Dec 2018
jvmesc_ said:

How is no one saying March comes in like a Lion. It may be under watched but almost all who watch love it (me included).
Jul 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Feb 2020
I think there's no anime without haters at all any anime can have haters as long as it's known to the people and popular for smth an anime can't just be hated if it's not popular (in most cases) a lot of people said anime like monster,steins and FMAB well maybe yeah I think FMAB has the least haters of the those three monster and S;G have less haters than other anime but there are still a quite noticeable amount of haters out there (they ain't that much but they exist) however,I don't really care about haters anyways.
Jul 28, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2017
Probably Cowboy Bebop.Even if there are wannabe critics who hate it they don't have the balls to say it because of the great amount of fans
ุฎ
Jul 28, 2020 9:51 AM

Jun 2020
Fatephile said:
Probably Cowboy Bebop.Even if there are wannabe critics who hate it they don't have the balls to say it because of the great amount of fans

Lmao but since when did a great amount of fans prevent people from hating an anime?
Jul 28, 2020 9:57 AM

Sep 2017
spectrojan said:
Fatephile said:

Lmao but since when did a great amount of fans prevent people from hating an anime?

"passionate fans"
If it's abut fans then Clannad shouldn't get any hate but I've already seen enough towards it
ุฎ
Jul 28, 2020 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
It would have to be Hunter x Hunter (2011). FMAB doesn't have much haters in the overall perspective but they still have a fair bit of haters since people don't like that this anime is #1 by a decent margin. Hunter x Hunter (2011) doesn't have that label, so it has less focus by the haters, and it also yields an extremely low drop rate considering how long the series is so it's pretty well received.

Gintama receives quite a bit of hate since it takes up so many spots in the top 10 but that's because it doesn't have as many people watching it so only people who love the series continue watching the sequels.

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu also has a very small member amount compared to the others in the top 10, which is why there's less hate, because there's less people.

Steins;Gate is also something I would consider a great anime with not many haters as well.
Jul 28, 2020 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
Fatephile said:

I'd disagree, I think it gets a fair amount of hate because it's overrated. Sure the older generations like it because it's a classic and apparently revolutionary back when it was made but when I watched it I was extremely disappointed about how ordinary it was. It's nothing special these days and that's why people hate on it.
Jul 28, 2020 1:52 PM

Jun 2016
Never seen someone hate on Hunter x Hunter or FMAB
"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone"- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 28, 2020 6:52 PM

Oct 2017
I can give you one great anime with least watch though.(thus much fewer haters)

Digimon Universe App Monster is such an underrated, underwatched hidden gem.
If you can get pass the kiddy battle part (treat most of them as comedy relief instead of serious battle), you'd find a story with heart , involving meaningful theme and great character development.

Also Shinsekai Yori doesn't has too many haters too for how highly regarded it is.
The animation leaves a lot to be desired though for the initial parts.

Jul 28, 2020 8:57 PM

Dec 2018
Can't believe people actually say Gintama, while I'm here seeing a bunch of people hating on it before even watching it at all, including myself (in the past). I mean, if there's only like 1 or 2 Gintamas on the Top 100 list then sure no one would've minded. But it's pretty annoying since there's like 20 of them all over the place. So although I agree it's a great show now, I still understand such an unreasonable mindset and still somewhat subscribe to it.

Also, it seems that people have been giving very inaccurate answers so far, such as Mob Psycho or Cowboy Bebop or some Kon Satoshi's movies. They are hated by a considerable amount, though certainly not as much as Your Name or Attack on Titan. And before giving my answer, let us first agree that the notion of "great" should indicate something with widespread acclaim and influence, devoid of any subjective stance.

That said, my answer is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ashita no Joe, March... Lion and Ping Pong.
. . .
Jul 28, 2020 9:04 PM

Aug 2016
I feel series' with little to no fanservice get very little backlash.

One Outs, Kaiji, most comedies that don't rely on tropes, Berserk (Only iffy complaint I could see is the rape), Shiki, etc.

Most anime original films that are actually good too.
Jul 28, 2020 9:14 PM

May 2020
I believe "Bakuman" anime has the least haters. Also it's great anime if you watch it completely. It has 3 seasons and after each season it's rating increased rather than decreasing (which don't happens with lot of sequels). But then again everyone has their own priorities so there will be some people who will rate it low, there is no perfect anime which can be liked by everyone :)
SimYeonJul 28, 2020 9:18 PM
My MALoweenโœŸMansion 2022 Candies :
Jul 28, 2020 9:34 PM

Oct 2019
K-Shell said:
jvmesc_ said:

How is no one saying March comes in like a Lion. It may be under watched but almost all who watch love it (me included).

I know T.T Please give March comes in like a lion a try!! It might be in your PTW list for a very very long time but never got the time to watch it but just please give it a try. I promise you won't regret it!! :>
Jul 29, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
azumic_ said:
K-Shell said:

I know T.T Please give March comes in like a lion a try!! It might be in your PTW list for a very very long time but never got the time to watch it but just please give it a try. I promise you won't regret it!! :>

MCILAL is a 10/10 tier anime for me. Superb character development. Great directing. Definitely worth the time invested. The second season is gets even better it still haven't forgotten the emotional scenes with one of the 3 sisters.
Jul 29, 2020 8:54 AM

Oct 2019
Mark_Dingemanse said:
azumic_ said:

MCILAL is a 10/10 tier anime for me. Superb character development. Great directing. Definitely worth the time invested. The second season is gets even better it still haven't forgotten the emotional scenes with one of the 3 sisters.

I know right?!! I loved it so much I had to change some of the other shows that previously got a 10 to a 9 because MCILAL is on another level. I loved almost all of the characters in the show for who they are and especially love Hayashida sensei for being one of the best teachers ever.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

22 by Ex-Aid »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

11 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 3 hours ago

33 by Hitagi__Furude »»
15 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
18 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
31 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.