Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2020 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
i knew it! the other characters would show-up to be reused just to pump-up the hype intense!
5/5.

Jul 25, 2020 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
Arin-san said:
I hate you J.C staff, I just hate you. They managed to ruin a really good anime with amazing plot and turned it into a shit show. Clowns? Really? So they served underground mafia bosses with clown makeup? I miss the OG cast, literally all of them, I miss them, they were the bread and butter of the anime, but the anime just said fuck you to them and inserted a bunch of BS we have no clue about, like the food KKK. I hate it. I hate you for ruining one of the best ecchi anime ever.

for once, its not completely JC Staff’s fault. its actually the manga author’s fault for throwing away the food and all the other characters for...whatever this arc ended up being
dannymilkJul 25, 2020 11:21 PM
Jul 26, 2020 7:53 AM

Feb 2020
Its actually a good episode nice nice ncie IC ej i rncjd kcjdb ckfj di it's french
Jul 26, 2020 8:21 AM

Jun 2019
Starting of BLUE. Souma passed first gate and Tsukasa is in the second gate. Noice.
Jul 26, 2020 1:39 PM

Aug 2019
I'm just hoping for an anime exclusive ending honestly....

Even though the chances of that happening are essentially 0%
Jul 26, 2020 2:33 PM

Aug 2017
Megumi always in over her head and still always gets through.

Nice Soma victory over the old man.

I like that sexy closing scene.

Jul 26, 2020 3:59 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The BLUE has finally begun. I like that the challenges are really different than what they're used to, it challenges them in totally new ways. I can only expect it to get weirder from here.

With all these world renown chefs showing up to this, I was wondering if maybe someone from the past would show up. And then here comes Tsukasa. I'm hoping he and Soma will have another rematch.

I find it strange that people all of a sudden are having difficulties coping with the ridiculousness of Food Wars, when it's always been ridiculous. Are the designs of the Noir characters dumb? Yeah, but in no way do they actually hinder the show itself.

So far this season has been great.
Jul 28, 2020 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
The Noir members look ridiculous, like theve been teleported in from another shounen anime.

I'm worried about this season, I feel like I'm watching a ship slowly take on water getting lower and lower. The standard of the writing is rapidly going down hill. The show has always had gimmics but its just going too far.
Jul 28, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
Finally I can say I liked an episode from this season. Men, I’m so sad about this series, I really liked it back then but now...
Jul 30, 2020 6:34 AM

Oct 2017
Blue has started and wow this is a really eccentric contest from what I saw so far. All of them were given some really weird tasks but gladly all of them prevailed. Also woah Tsukasa is here too, not surprising.
Aug 1, 2020 5:33 PM

Aug 2017
And the BLUE has started. I feel like they kind of rushed the transition between episode 3 and episode 4. I don't know, some preparation wouldn't hurt. Well, the first test was quite creative. The story of the old man and his last dinner was a bit sad and I like the specialization of Noir. Also, Im happy that Tsukasa is back!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 4, 2020 4:39 AM

Aug 2014
Ok so the circus started? We have a clown too... or few of them
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 4, 2020 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, the stakes and ridiculousness of this series really knows no bounds. Much to my positive reception though, don't get me wrong there.

Souma rekindling fire back in the old chef was out of this world xD. Serving him the first appetizer in preparation to the eventual final dish, huh? Amazing, I will never get tired of these lol.

Sounds like the other two had it quite rough too in unusual ways. Is this the kind of versatility this whole competition is testing?

Erina having a different trial all together, I wonder what's the significance behind that. So far, it seems as though the Noir are having the greater hand both in the competition and possibly behind the scenes too?

Leader of the WGO Bookworms. But, more importantly, that Tsukasa-senpai reveal at the end. Pretty darn hype, yeah! Definitely stoked to see what's coming next!

By the way, production of the season is complete over in J.C. Staff according to the Director-san. Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/yonetanikantoku/status/1286265896843882496

nice to hear to that actually and despite not being in the quality in season 1 it's between S2 and S3's quality which is fine (OPM S2 took some animators from S4 which probably what caused the lack of animation in that season).
Aug 4, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2016
kayuza77 said:
Arin-san said:
I hate you J.C staff, I just hate you. They managed to ruin a really good anime with amazing plot and turned it into a shit show. Clowns? Really? So they served underground mafia bosses with clown makeup? I miss the OG cast, literally all of them, I miss them, they were the bread and butter of the anime, but the anime just said fuck you to them and inserted a bunch of BS we have no clue about, like the food KKK. I hate it. I hate you for ruining one of the best ecchi anime ever.

Why you blaming JC staff while the anime setting is actually is same as the actual source material (manga) ? In fact manga executed this in even worse way

people like to blame the anime studio always instead of the anime producers what i can say.
Aug 4, 2020 3:09 PM
Jul 2016
Alvaritoterreos said:
Wtf is this shit lmao, now we have a challenge where they have to make a last plate to an old guy that no one fuckin knows except the people from his own group, that are also in the challenge??? How the fuck does that make sense?? It's literally like cheating, and also wtf are those character designs, the only good one and isn't even a cheff.

This last thing is already very known, but still, they had almost 3 months to fix or make a little better the animation, and they did it even worse, using CGI for nothing. Trash season so far.

Even the anime says the bullshit of this episode, that the Noir group has the advantage.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3151063
Aug 5, 2020 1:43 PM

Sep 2017
Thank god Asahi had less screen time.I truly hate that guy
خ
Aug 17, 2020 5:20 AM
Sep 2018
What a great episode, i love it. I liked the ending with Eishi. And we saw a total success on the part of Soma, who saved his life and gave this person to continue to live, incredible!
Aug 30, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty nice episode, if we ignore that they are still cooks xD

So Nakiri will have to face all of those guys? That's easy for her.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
I understand that these themes are weird but that one in Soma's group is just straight up unfair. Also, why is the former first seat only at the second gate? He should be at the 3rd already.
Sep 14, 2020 10:07 PM

Jul 2014
If being dressed like the KKK was not ridiculous enough, the author outdid himself with those designs... Jesus! At least the girls look hot as always.

The adjudicator is gorgeous <3. And is voiced by Yuka Iguchi, nice!

You know, I liked this episode and I think it's a good example of the path the series should have taken instead of the villain after villain and shokugeki after shokugeki. Aldini and Tadoko's trials looked interesting too lol.
Sep 17, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2016
Nakiri gotta chill with the losers bracket I guess, easy W for her.
Souma gotta save the old guy which is a bit repetitive, but it shouldn't be such a big
issue at hand, when the bigger issue is Asahi showing up outta nowhere.
Sep 17, 2020 12:06 PM
Nov 2015
So glad we started the Blue. The themes are weird af yo; but happy that the crew passed.
Oct 4, 2020 4:54 AM

Apr 2020
Souma and the others passed the first test at Blue, Souma no doubt, he will definitely pass
Nov 12, 2020 1:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Alright this one is a good episode, got that heart warming little story in there. And heck yeah tsukasa is back baby- which makes me wonder why everyone else isn’t competing in BLUE, did the writers just not want to bother with an overload of characters... because everyone back at the academy could easily hold their own here like the aroma guy, hayasaka? Or maybe not since these trials are as they said, quite eccentric. Whatever you’re kind of supposed to turn your brain off for this sort of anime anyway. Although I am continuing to appreciate the research put into all the dishes and how they’re made. They’re not just coming up with random BS but all the food is actually well grounded in reality

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 27, 2020 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
These weird trials are a bit more refreshing. Hope they have to kill some animals like deer with a spear or batshit crazy stuff like that lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 15, 2020 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, Nakiri is missing and next thing we have new unknown figure there, I mean wasn't that kinda obvious?
But I never would have imagined her mother is still alive and acts as president of WGO when it was implied otherwise since the very beginning. But it's also true she would be the best last level boss, the origin of God's Tongue.
Now more than anything this whole cooking showdown feels actually as big courting ceremony for her daughter's hand.

I also kinda liked how Souma's epic speech got the old man enjoy his life again, that was good scene.
Jan 12, 2021 10:36 PM

Mar 2016
Let's get the good things out of the way first... Wow, this ep is quite an ok ep, I missed the classic food creation process, from the silent planning Souma does, preparing the ingredients, cooking the food, presenting the dish, describing it and finally some foodgasm scenes of the recipient eating his food. It's nice to see these things once again.

But yet...

They're all so half assed and rushed to hell

We only saw 1 of the 3 NOIR members' dish from the first gate, how can we expect to see proper lengthy scenes showing Souma cooking the food much less see anyone else besides him do so?!
It's nice and wholesome for Souma to be the same good chef that he is and see him encouraging a former chef to once again took his remaining life to eat some good food and inviting him over to his diner. But man it's quite a pity that even the seemingly delicious food that he was just presented by Souma is only shown briefly in a compilation of images showing Souma cooking it under a minute. Oof we know he can cook incredibly at a superhuman speed, but not to the point where he literally skipped time itself to synthesize a food out of thin air.

I still like the ep tho
Jul 14, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2017
The whole first round was a clown fest. The Autumn Elections have a more intense, competitive and serious feel than this with the wacky themes in that first round. It's hard to believe that its BLUE, and fucking underground chefs are just kicking it about getting easy passes while in the spotlight. Kinda lame to watch. Fast too. At least Eishi being here is alright.
Apr 12, 2022 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
That was a lot of shit-talking in this episode, given that they rushed dishes in earlier episodes. I rather would've extended those and cut some of the down-talking from the mafia dudes in this episode.
Apr 9, 2023 11:16 AM

Jun 2017
This was fun, i liked the old man. But i wish we could've seen more of the other chef's trials (The dog one and the baby one)
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Nov 7, 2023 3:30 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ayee nice cliffhanger

I don’t care for all this Noir and underworld stuff but whatever

This is essentially like the U25 world championships right? It’s crazy that it doesn’t have more publicity. And the fact that they let criminals participate (despite being good chefs) is beyond me..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.