Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 29, 2020 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
eh Mami almost seemed like a decent character but then ofc she goes yandere mode on the phone, yeah no, screw her, not fooling me again lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 1, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2020
This is going up really fast. Perfect
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Aug 1, 2020 2:53 PM

Mar 2016
I too wanna have a private twitter account to complain about the episode while watching it
bonjour
Aug 2, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2018
Kazuya man really likes Mami and that kissing scene tho xD Mami with those msgs on twitter tho.
Aug 3, 2020 7:02 AM

May 2020
That fucking Mami, what does she want, god damn
Aug 6, 2020 6:13 PM

Feb 2020
this anime is actually getting kind of annoying, but I'm still going to finish it because I want to see the other girls.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Aug 7, 2020 4:02 AM

Nov 2018
I cant watch this crap anymore, the insuferable beta protagonist is too damn annoying, the virgin manages to feel aroused at the thought of being netotared in episode 1. Having a weak protagonist is one thing, but having the whole romance plot only advancing because the heroine feels sorry for the absolutely pathetic MC, that keeps creating misunderstandings for no reason other than being a complete loser is just stupid. How old is he supposed to be? because even a middle school student wouldnt be this retarded and immature. And im supposed to believe this story should develop into a romance? Not a beliveable one at the very least, but i guess this is a harem?....Im not surprised if thats the case, logic and proper story development shouldnt apply when the MC is the most pathetic self insert i have seen in recent years.

2/10 - HARD DROP
TougenAug 7, 2020 5:36 AM
Aug 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Jun 2020
KANLen09 said:
Beach episode...well, that came early.

his friends are envious that he has gotten two steps ahead of them.

Kazuya's friends are not "envious that he has gotten two steps ahead of them". Did you miss the part which Kibe states, "Kazuya is a flop with the ladies" or something along that line. You spread misinformation in the Tower of God episode discussions too. How do you come to these conclusions? We watched the episode so please add something to the conversation instead of giving an incorrect summary.
"
Aug 9, 2020 1:34 PM

Jun 2020
gaussian_ said:

I wonder where Ichinose hid her glasses (and pants and shirt) when she transformed into Chizuru. Her attire didn't leave any place for them to hide...perhaps our rental girlfriend is also a magical girl-friend.

Chizuru states her clothes are in the restroom.
"
Aug 14, 2020 5:11 PM
Aug 2020
Well, every anime needs a beach episode... amirite? honestly, Mizuhara is gonna be my waifu now since this episode aired
Aug 19, 2020 12:51 AM

Jan 2020
I've already said it a couple of times before, but I have to say it again.

The protagonist is absolutely pathetic. I don't know how people find him relatable. If he was replaced a smarter and less nonsensical protagonist, I definitely would've been able to enjoy this show a lot more.
Aug 20, 2020 10:20 AM

Aug 2017
The show likes plot coincidences so Chizuru and Kazuya can meet. Same beach, same public bathroom, same time at that public bathroom lmao.

Despite that, I'm really enjoying this anime, i'm laughing lol. I can't believe I'm saying this but Kayuza is acting like a lot of people would act now. This is not the case with Yesterday, where I could not find realism, although this anime needs to chill a bit with the amount of coincidences to advance the plot cuz they're ridiculous, I find Kazuya's character very realistic and many people don't want to assume they could act like him xD

NurguburuAug 20, 2020 10:23 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 24, 2020 7:02 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I guess this series is just doing a roller coaster of episodes where we actually started with the MC at a higher point than he is now.

Beginning: MC feels breakup blues and hires girl. He treats girl not too bad, some cute mishaps but nothing intentionally destructive.

Now: MC has repeatedly embarrassed rental to friends and ex girlfriend. He embarrasses himself to friends and ex. He continues to parade rental around like a prize mare at a parade while trying to sex up his bi polar ex.

Still watching since I wax a panel on my car....watch episode.....wax car....etc. It's the only way I can take this series.....small bits with breaks in between.
Aug 27, 2020 6:42 PM

Jan 2019
For a guilty pleasure style anime like this, some of these visuals are damn impressive.

Also, I have no idea who the pink hair 4th girl is, but from the ED alone she's already best girl.
Aug 31, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2019
Oh boy,,,, This anime is a guilty pleasure but Kazuya and Mami are really making it hard to enjoy. If it wasn’t for Chizuru, I’d probably drop it-
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Sep 8, 2020 2:45 PM

Jun 2020
I seriously think Mami has Antisocial personality disorder or some shit, and it is so frustrating watching Kazuya still simp over her despite her behaviour that she displays to him. How can some of you people relate to this? At the same time, I feel sorry for Chizuru who is constantly stuck in this runaround.

Despite all this, I am still really enjoying this show a lot.
Have a great day!

Sep 15, 2020 7:44 AM
Oct 2019
This girl is a total bitch. Who wants to bet this girl is a virgin too?

And this dude is a total dumbass.

The only thing good about this show is rental girl.

It was kind of fun that first episode. But I'm so tired of all these horrible lies he keeps telling just because he's too stupid to know better and just keeps talking himself into a hole. I can't stand assholes and bitches, which the ex totally is. And I hate how the only decent character out of the 3 main ones is always being treated poorly.

If this whole ex thing isn't resolved by episode 4 I'll probably have to drop this show due to frustration. Thing is, I can't see the ex just disappearing like that. Sigh.
Sep 26, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
Ok, I guess Kazuya has a tiny bit of backbone in him, it's only right for him to stand up to Chizuru, doesn't matter whether she's his actual gf or not. But holy shit, that must be the last bit of balls he has.

Classic beach ep! Yaaay!
NO

Mami is a two-faced bitch and ofc she's trying to break up the seemingly happy couple. Sadistic and an a bitch, but who can stop her beside Kazuya himself? He could stand up to her once so he should be confident enough in the future to either come clean or figure out how much of an asshole Mami is right?
Heh...
What a joke... He could not even stand up to Mami properly, let alone see through the mixture of her fake act and Kazuya's own delusion of Mami. To top it all off, it really hurts to hear how Chizuru trusts him whilst he is being baited by Mami to 'accidentally' kiss her all alone.

I respect Chizuru for keeping up with Kazuya's idiotic lies ut truthfully... The only people I genuinely liked are Kazuya's closest friends. Call them a virgin but they're a homie to actually advise Kazuya to not have sex with her until they both are engaged to one another. That's some bro respect.

ED was adorable and all, but I can't get the thought that this whole ED is basically Kazuya imagining these girls in that way whilst jerking off all alone. That last scene when he threw the scrunched up piece o tissue to the bin seals the fact,

ShadowkillZSep 26, 2020 9:53 AM
Oct 26, 2020 10:25 PM

Feb 2019
They really threw that beach episode right at the beginning, did they?

As more episodes progress, I'm starting to see that this show is a bit reliant on coincidences. It's not a complete turn-off, but too much would be a bit unhealthy for the show in my opinion.

We got to see more of Mami-chan's dark side per se in this episode, which I was very excited to see. She seems to be texting some people who don't hang out in her 'group' at school who know what type of person Mami-chan actually is. The fact that she wants to break them up out of spite leads me to believe that Mami-chan has some sort of insecurity issue, and she wants to be in control of all the boys she dates in order to feel dominant. Poor Kazuya tried to break out of this (probably unknowingly), and he's feeling her wrath now. Props to Chizuru again for sticking with Kazuya's BS again in this episode; she really takes it like a professional.

I hope Kazuya grows up soon; it's really aggravating watching him be so desperate. To be honest, I can actually see where he's coming from, but his character just turns up all the little tinges of incel emotion that people have at times. He's essentially the avatar of people's deep, deep, DEEP super-insecurities. Though, seeing it all-encompassing in a single person, just turned all the way up, is just frustrating.
TakadonoOct 26, 2020 10:30 PM
Nov 12, 2020 4:00 AM
Jan 2017
To everyone who hates this anime because of how much of a loser Kazuya is: you're no better than the people who say that a movie that shows a super-heroine getting her ass kicked by a villain is sexist.
Nov 23, 2020 9:30 PM

Aug 2020
Hmmm, somehow I never rated this episode. Lots going on, even though most of the action takes place on the same beach. Naturally accidentally Chizuru is there as well, which becomes a bit a running gag, with all the ridiculous coincidences. Like ending up renting a girlfriend who just happens to live next door, goes to the same college, their grandmothers know each other... need I go on? lol

Mami having second thoughts, so it seems, Kazuya growing something of a spine trying to end the situation with all the lies, then his best friend jumps in and basically pushes them back together again. And apparently KanoKari ferries are best to be avoided, as the railings are not tall enough, allowing passengers to fall overboard way too easily. But then again, the ferry is clearly a plot device, as without it, Chizuru and Kazuya would have followed through with 'breaking up' and the story would have gone a different route. Though they might still have ended up getting closer, as they already live next door, but the author probably felt the story needed some life threatening dramatic moment.

Not the best episode, but probably one that people will remember.
Dec 6, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
This girl takes off her glasses and they're like ":o IT'S HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO MAGICALLY APPEARED"

Is this Hannah Montana? Is she Perry the Platypus?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 20, 2021 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Ellenwitch said:
He is far too forgiving. Sure I get, he may still have feelings for Mami since the relationship wasn't that long ago, but holy shit. After seeing her bitch ass attitude up close last week, to then stand up against her like he should've back then, only to call her an 'angel' for not hating him wtf.

He has low self-esteem. She's the first person that he's ever fallen in love with. So he's willing to over look her flaws as long as he's not lonely.
Feb 1, 2021 6:50 AM

Jan 2017
Let's go TEAM MAMI, I'm unironically rooting for her to completely break Kazuya lmao
Feb 6, 2021 3:47 PM

May 2019
I actually can relate to Kazuya...a lot of boys think deep inside them just like him!

I still can’t choose which of the girls I like more. Personality Chizuru but looks Mami by far.
Feb 12, 2021 1:52 PM
Jun 2020
This episode confimred that I hate Mami.
Mar 30, 2021 10:18 AM

Mar 2019
And here's the usual beach episode. Kazuya boy, just say the truth already and stop being so dumb. Mami is actually the worst.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 12, 2021 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
Kazuya is starting to piss me off. Like, Be a Man for once geez XD

Chizuru on that swimsuit looks gorgeous O__O
Jul 24, 2021 10:54 AM

Feb 2012
Mami the Evil was making pretty malicious tweets about them.

Kazuya could've avoided Chizuru for the entire trip, but no he had to pull her into the bathroom.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 16, 2022 5:46 PM

May 2021
Can't be a harem series without a beach episode. I liked it a lot, actually. Chizuru is such an angel.

Jun 28, 2022 7:00 AM

Jul 2021
Holy fuck at one point it was like torture AAAAAAAAAAAA the second hand embarassment AAAAAA

Still man there are very few shows that make me laugh so hard, this show is great in that aspect.
TsutanaiFuunJun 28, 2022 7:22 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 1, 2022 7:26 AM

Apr 2013
Kazuya was so annoying this episode... like how dumb can you be? This episode was 50% cringe again.
Jul 6, 2022 6:38 PM
May 2019
There episodes in and I'm still debating if it's any good. The MC is such a pansy-ass.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Sep 6, 2022 9:17 AM
Oct 2021
not sure where mc is going, lets see
Sep 7, 2022 1:14 PM
Sep 2022
My girl said it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. It gets her so horny every single time. We have our sweet sweet love after every episode. I'm currently savoring these episodes, only a few per night, but the sessions go WILD. I would love to tell everyone more about it, but unfortunately I have somewhere to be, being sucked off right now. She's absolutely amazing at sucking. It's one of the most enjoyable moments I've had with her to date. She's literally shaking from excitement. She's dripping wet. I'm going to get pegged tonight. :( wish me luck. I know I'll need it. Welp better go enjoy my money's worth. This slut is getting it tonight (don't question it). She loves me so much.
Nov 2, 2022 10:54 AM
Nov 2022
charcater jus like me fr
Nov 25, 2022 7:19 AM
Apr 2021
A ex dele não aceitar o término, e esse beijo no final do episódio!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaa
Nov 25, 2022 4:42 PM
Nov 2022
I hate Mami-chan.
Dec 13, 2022 9:24 AM
Jun 2022
bruhbruhbruhbruhbruh
Jan 8, 2023 4:22 PM
Jan 2021
The best show I have ever seen in my life!
Jan 19, 2023 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 31, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2023
Eu curti muito anime assim parabéns gostei pra caramba
Feb 5, 2023 12:38 PM
Jul 2021
The anime has potential if it wasn't for the male lead. He is just a horrible person who manipulates everyone and has a victim syndrome. I haven't seen a guy so horrible like this one in another anime.
I don't think is worth watching it. Unless you want to hate watch it something.
Feb 12, 2023 5:35 PM
Aug 2021
I have more wrinkles than the grandma after cringing so hard
Feb 17, 2023 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
6:51 For a second, I thought Chizuru was gonna berate him for being an idiot. I'm glad to see her nice side makes her a top-tier waifu! Anyway, she has a point. However, I still prefer moving on instead of just dwelling on an ex & becoming miserable in the process. A month-long relationship with someone like Mami should be forgotten in a heartbeat!
10:02 How come this chick isn't on his radar? she looks nice too.
10:37 You don't. Ever!
14:34 That chick in black is hot! She's another fine option for you, Kazuya.
Damn, man, I can't get enough of Chizuru. She's a hottie in that swimsuit! She also looks great in that cheerleader uniform in the ED.
Mar 6, 2023 9:02 AM
Jul 2020
Flaming dumpster but in shit
Mar 7, 2023 10:02 PM

Jan 2019
Why on earth would anyone like a series where the plot is driven by the protagonist's shitty decisions? Like, it's not even fucking funny.
Apr 20, 2023 7:17 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah the MC sucks. He makes me want to drop this anime. We will see.
May 15, 2023 10:09 PM
May 2023
not enough tiddies
May 25, 2023 6:01 AM

Dec 2022
I totally despise Mami-chan, as for Chizuru, she could be a bit less cold hearted, would make the show more interesting, also its a shame the MC is such a snotty guy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.