Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 25, 2020 8:56 AM
Oct 2018
The OST kinda gives Kimi no na wa vibes. And the jacket zip was funny XD
Jul 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Oct 2016
Early beach episode! I'm glad Mami realized she ain't gonna win in the looks department against Chizuru.
Jul 25, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2008
And so, after decades of intensive research and experiments, they finally succeeded in creating the shittiest MC anime has seen so far. God. Fucking. Damn it. This piece of shit makes me want to retch.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 25, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 2010
snowykevin said:
This shit is getting harder and harder to watch by the episode, Kazu is legit so spineless and Mami is the definition of toxic and I don’t even understand her motives. She breaks up with him but she is getting mad when he gets a new girlfriend? this is just laughable.

totally and completely agree

watching this is unbearable, the amount of bloat is surprising, this show could be renamed to Simp simulator, coz the plot is utterly disgusting
Jul 25, 2020 9:55 AM
Nov 2019
Leo said:
Kazuya is a scum. That's all I'm going to say about him.

Chizuru is best girl so far whiles Mami is a total bitch.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Jul 25, 2020 10:42 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah, no. I'm done with this show.

I'm pretty open-minded with different kinds of series, enjoying even "trashy" ecchi harem ones. But this one takes the cake. This is why I prefer having OP MCs over wimp simps.

I'm better off watching HxEros even with all the shitty censors.
Jul 25, 2020 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
plz_nofindme said:
Haven't read the manga, but manga readers have said along the lines that it's not gonna get any better.

As a manga reader: it somewhat will. It's just that, how should I put this... if you start out as world's most reprehensible asshole and develop into a regular asshole, then that is technically positive character development... doesn't make you particularly likable though. Kazuya is pretty much this: he does have character development, but since he started out a few miles below the bottom of the barrel, that's not saying much.
Jul 25, 2020 1:01 PM
Jul 2017
Man, Kazuya should go back to his ex. Chizuru is a thot. If I was Kazuya, I'd tell Chizuru off and not play stupid. Fucking gold digger. That Rent-A-Ho is a ho. Matter of fact, this show should have been called Rent-A-Ho. Because Chizuru is a ho, a bitch, a thot, and a cunt. I'd go Chris Brown on her by beating her ass. Be a fuckin' woman beater.
Jul 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
Raymond_Bermea said:
Man, Kazuya should go back to his ex. Chizuru is a thot. If I was Kazuya, I'd tell Chizuru off and not play stupid. Fucking gold digger. That Rent-A-Ho is a ho. Matter of fact, this show should have been called Rent-A-Ho. Because Chizuru is a ho, a bitch, a thot, and a cunt. I'd go Chris Brown on her by beating her ass. Be a fuckin' woman beater.

Chizuru absolutely is a user, she is using the protagonist and his freely given help and money to get ahead while giving nothing in return. She has feelings for him, she realizes it, but refuses to do anything about it. But even then, Mami is so much worse, it's not even comparable.
Jul 25, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, I am in the minority in that I'm actually enjoying this series. This is cringe humor, that's just something you'll have to accept. If you are cringing at all stupid things that are going on, then I think the mangaka did something right.

Anyway, MC is a simp, no doubt about it. However, I do somewhat empathize (not sympathize) with his behavior. He knows Chizuru doesn't love him, and that he only rented her because he wanted to get over Mami. Obviously, Mami is a manipulative bitch who is enjoying using Kazuya. However, Kazuya is too naive to figure this out, so he's not sure whether he should go back to Mami or not.

I think Kazuya is aware that he is basically stuck in a lose-lose situation with Mami and Chizuru. As such, I think people's anger towards Kazuya would be much more justified if he and Chizuru were in an actual relationship.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 25, 2020 2:51 PM

Dec 2019
Idk why everyone hates the MC, I like his portrayal, he's a realistic flawed person who wants to become a better man and to have relationship experience but can't get past his anxiety and internalized self-esteem/confidence issues. And of course he will naively keep trying to get with Mami, he's barely started college, cut the guy some slack. I certainly recognize parts of myself in him that I'm still dealing with, I like how I can relate to a character like that, it showcases good writing.
Jul 25, 2020 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
I can not handle this MC, for some reason everytime he speaks something i just want to kill him

Was not like that since i watch infinite stratos.
Jul 25, 2020 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
What a funny series this is. Kuzuya thinking with his lower half and just simping for every girl that are nice to him for a few seconds is just so funny. I think the best way to enjoy this series is to just laugh at Kuzuya's pathetic-ness instead of getting frustrated everytime he starts showing how pathetic he can be with all the lies and delusions.

that said, in the end I'm probably just trying to justify putting myself through the torture of seeing how pathetic Kuzuya can be every week since there aren't that many anime this season to watch otherwise and life is too boring without watching some new anime.
Jul 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
Drekaelric said:
I can not handle this MC, for some reason everytime he speaks something i just want to kill him

Well Kazuya and Ichika are entirely different personality-wise.

Jul 25, 2020 4:35 PM
Aug 2014
Well I gave it 3 eps. Good luck to the MC on realizing a relationship isn't all there is in life
Jul 25, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2018
Wow, beach episode three episodes into the show that has to be some kind of record lol.
Jul 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Mar 2020
these hoes always want what they can't have.

This show would be goated if we just had an MC that doesn't cum in his pants everytime a girl talks to him
BlufaceBabyJul 25, 2020 7:26 PM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 25, 2020 6:32 PM

Nov 2016
MenchiK1 said:
FMmatron said:
I dunno you about most of you guys, but I'm enjoying the hell out of this anime and reading the comments makes it even better xD

Yeah once I took a step back and started to enjoy it for what it is, the extreme reactions and emotions the characters are stirring up in people is half the fun. :)

People are so used to the tropey cookie cutter characters it's a shock to see ones who act like real people :D

It seems like a good amount of people are taking this too personally.

And all these silly complaints make them look more pathetic than Kazuya :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2020 8:33 PM
Sep 2016
Naabii- said:
holly shit man, the mc is pathetic af, its painful to watch. some manga reader already gave some kind of warning that I'll not like where the story going. welp, if its like that again on ep4 guess I'll just drop this.

It gets better after the beach arc, but yeah, this arc is super cringy.

As for Kazuya... he does improve with time, but that will take a while, not sure if the anime will cover it. But even with that, i still dont like the character.
Jul 25, 2020 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Vale madres, dejen al prota en paz. Yo entiendo bien cómo se siente en situaciones así —el pedo es que ese tipo sí que sabe cómo gastar tantísimo dinero— además de que esto se centra más en la comedia y no la seriedad... Pero bueno, a ver qué procede después del rico NTR.

Jul 25, 2020 11:36 PM

Oct 2007
ROFL... my dude Kazuya just needs to get laid already. It'll solve some issues here.

Overall, I am liking this more then some other higher rated animes. Its nothing ground breaking but it fills a niche.

Looking forward to the other two girls showing up. Seiyuu star power is high, I'm expecting some good show downs.

Talentz
Jul 26, 2020 12:16 AM

Apr 2020
Kazu are way too forgiving, just a month of relationship, and the toxicity of mami? Damn this almost relateable to my life sometime ago, and kinda dislike Kazu for it.
Jul 26, 2020 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
Promising start but can't say i enjoy it much seeing the lies just keeps piling on top of each other making their 'fake romance' increasingly (unnecessary) complicated, also Mami clearly having some deep rooted mental issues and MC weak ass boy being a idiot in general doesn't help.
Here's hoping for the 'fake romance' to be found out about so we can move on, but i doubt it will happen until the second to last episode.
Jul 26, 2020 1:02 AM
Apr 2019
Took me several hours to grind through this, feels like im torturing myself with the amount of cringe being shoved down my throat
Jul 26, 2020 1:14 AM

Jun 2020
warming up to kazuya a little, at the very least the bit at the start proved that he's self-aware of his incredibly dumb actions & so glad he at least spoke up for chizuru to mami +1

wow he even apologised to chizuru i did not see that coming

also yes mami is such a babe but i fail to see how any guy irl would be attracted to how toxic she is does he not see through that every single remark she makes about chizuru just shows what kind of person she really is i really can't fathom how anyone would wanna deal with such a passive agressive girl if you really think about it kazuya is just a sad virgin

talking to you fries my brain...... i love chizuru she has summed it all up that bathroom scene was hilarious his friends are so funny LOL

lmao those ED visuals

great episode, it's really picking up! once you get used to kazuya it's really an enjoyable comedy, it's pretty self-aware for its own good

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 26, 2020 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
oh no that yandere eyes of Mami-chan totally set in breaking-up the two!
4/5.

Jul 26, 2020 2:12 AM
Feb 2016
It's really painful to watch the MC. Chizuru is cute tho. Let's see where this goes
Jul 26, 2020 5:10 AM
Oct 2019
Meanwhile Mami-chan is a bitch and Kazuya was still TRASH
Jul 26, 2020 7:49 AM

Feb 2020
Did he really just kiss her... OMG this guy was a player and i lov.. hate it wTf
Jul 26, 2020 8:45 AM

Jul 2014
Tennouji said:
Drekaelric said:

Well Kazuya and Ichika are entirely different personality-wise.

Is not because they are similar in personality, is because they get me on my nerves
Jul 26, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2018
Is Mami a yandere or what lol
Jul 26, 2020 10:39 AM
Feb 2008
Funny, when comes to relationship, the MC pretty much reminds me on my old high school friends back then on messy situations. First were together, then not together, then one cheats, go with the other person, but then goes back to the EX. Then after few years break up and then goes back together again. blah blah blah

UGH yeah saying that is just exhausting. Are they still together? NOPE DONE FOR GOOD!!!

Just this show just get my nostalgia on how my friends were. sure must feel that way too.
Jul 26, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, the guy may be utter trash (as he says so himself), but it's becoming quite entertaining with how far he is digging himself into trouble! I feel bad for Chizuru for having to put up with this guy though! The soundtrack that was playing when Chizuru went on her ranting rampage was amazing!

Mami's personality is really twisty, there's definitely a few screws loose there, that's gonna result into some spicy situations, like that kiss at the end!!

For (half) a beach episode, this was pretty good! Let's see how stuff escalates next week!
Jul 26, 2020 3:00 PM

Apr 2016
This third episode was hard to watch, I felt embarrassed myself while watching it. I can’t stand the way the characters act. I'm enjoying this series anyway, so I watch it with pleasure.
Jul 26, 2020 8:43 PM
Jun 2020
Mami-chan was so jealous of Chizuru's body and she had to zip up her jacket...
Jul 26, 2020 9:33 PM

Jun 2017
God damn pathetic mc, this mc puts a lot of other pathetic MCs to shame. I mean, take a hint already, god damn it.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 26, 2020 9:35 PM

Jan 2013
If it wasn't for the MC, this anime could have been one of the best! But i do guess that maybe if he was more manly, nothing of this would have happened...

I feel really bad about Chizuru, first of all, she has to carry this whole show on her back, and 2nd, he puts her way too many times in uncomfortable situation, but it seems that in the next episode it will hit her, and i do hope that he will finally realize that she's using him.

And that ending...damn, Chizuru's words hit even harder.
This is will be a pain in the a** to watch the MC screw up, even more, would be nice to see some character evolution from him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 26, 2020 10:00 PM

Aug 2017
I despise this bitchass MC. Please go broke, die and give me suicide or School Days ending. Painful show to watch.

IRL an MC like this would truly go broke and kill himself as well as possibly others.

The fake romance show that blew this one to smithereens was NISEKOI.

CarbonMDJul 26, 2020 10:04 PM
Jul 27, 2020 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
I'm glad I read the manga and it is less painfull to watch anime but holy freak as a normal anime viewer you wouldn't expect much from Kazuya and from the last episode he really stood up for Mizuhara but sadly your expectations sank already in this episode.

Can't wait for the next episode and not to mention Ruka-chan
Jul 27, 2020 8:02 AM

May 2018
The show is fun and awesome if you don't take it too seriously. Also, Mami-chan is best girl

Looking forward to the next episode
Jul 27, 2020 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
Kazuya is one of the most pathetic MCs I’ve seen in quite some time. Raku from Nisekoi was a dense mofo, but he at least wasn’t pathetic. This guy is next level hopeless and a total douchebag.
Jul 27, 2020 7:26 PM
Jul 2009
So this entire series is basically going to be "beta/simp: the animation"?
Jul 27, 2020 10:22 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Surprisingly, I like this title. Chizuru-chan is cute!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2011
Mami, just look at her face and eyes when she is looking at her smartphone while typing down things.
The addiction is real.
Her villainous plan is already on motion, too bad her efforts will go to waste after all this is done. No, really Kazuya is currently a solo male.
And this series caught way too many attention now, I have a feeling this series can't be go unseen.
Jul 28, 2020 5:19 AM
Jul 2020
Heroine is a bit bitchy plus
college heroine is too far from my age range so I will pass this anime.
Jul 28, 2020 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
200 posts for this shitty anime.
Jul 28, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2020
I picked this up again after dropping it mid-1st-ep. For some reason, I just can't look away from this absolute horrowshow of an anime.

The MC's a dipshit who keeps on getting himself into shitty situations, and Mami's just pure spite incarnate. I dislike both of them but I'm also really intrigued by their motivations, I can't deny that this anime gets my heart racing, even if for the wrong reasons.

The great character designs and voice acting really help make it a more enjoyable experience. I can't wait to see what the other 2 girls are like!
Jul 28, 2020 3:50 PM

Aug 2018
What a cringe ep but i like it xD

At least he admit that hes trash and look he still doing trash things, never learned from his mistakes.

He need to be matured like Chizuhara smh
Well most people are like him so i don't blame the author.

OP is so good af
cant get over it.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 28, 2020 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
Oh Kazuya you poor dumb bastard. You're like Derek Savage sitting atop your throne of lies. When will you learn?
Jul 29, 2020 6:22 AM

Feb 2008
Mami is devious, but at least in an amusing manner. Although ahe could have picked a better target for her machinations, as Kazuya is far too easy to manipulate. Especially because he is primarily guided by his instincts...

On another note, how much longer is that guy going to lie? Chizuru is a true angel for putting up with Kazuya's shenanigans.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.