Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 22, 2020 8:58 PM
Dec 2018
I didn't expect I will enjoying a brutal action anime this much XD
As long there Mori baby and best boy Daewi, no matter how brutal this anime can turn, I think I'll stick with it
Just pray nothing bad happen to my baby Mori just like my baby Gamdo....
Jul 22, 2020 9:46 PM
Jul 2020
I never wrote a review before the anime ends, but I think now I have to. Overall I really recommended this anime, it has extremely good fighting scenes and good character development only by seeing 3 eps of the first season. The way they introduce the characters in the first episode with the bike scene was kinda meh, but when I think about it again and again, its pretty genius. Even tho it's not funny at all for a comedic scene (at least for me). The character development was built so fast but so impactful with Mira's sword fell into the river scene. The fights scene was AMAZING! Just be honest here, no one could say the animation is sucks.

If you hate this anime, that might be because of the way it turned up to be a superpower kind of fighting instead of pure martial arts. But so far, I don't have any complaints with that, since the first scene we saw in the first episode was a random dude smash an island with his palm, I already knew there will be supernatural power in this anime.

Another reason why you might hate this anime is how their nose and ears are drawn. I don't have any complaints toward the ears coz it's basically showing us that Mappa cares with detail such as cauliflower ears that most fighter has. But tbh, the nose is kinda bothering me sometimes. I know I know its the art style so I tried to be fine with it.

Now, its the time for the things that bother me the most while watching this anime. THE PACING. Unlike the other anime like kimetsu no yaiba, or naruto earlier arc which most of them has extremely slow pacing (that's why sometimes I always bored watching the earlier of this kind of anime), this anime is so fking fast-paced that even tho you're an anime-only watcher you can realize that they might be some scenes that cut off from the source material.

Conclusion = Fight scene, one of the BEST hand to hand combat. The art style, their outfit were sick, but the nose kinda bothers me. Characters, great character development so far, type of character that only a few ppl gonna dislike it, major watchers are gonna like it. Pacing, TOOO FAST but I hope they could slow down a little bit later on. Sound effect, good, its fit the scene but nothing special.

Overall score = I was thinking of giving in an 8 or 8.1, but since it haven't ended yet and it could become worse or better, I will give it an 7.8 or 7.7.
Dont get me wrong. 7 in my list is already good and recommended to watch
Jul 22, 2020 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
I really enjoy Mira's fight. She is really becoming a standout for me. I also really enjoy her fighting style. She reminds me of a Samurai Shodown. Feels nice to have a female anime character who isn't just waifubait/sexualize. She is just a badass sword fighter.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 22, 2020 10:42 PM

Jan 2011
Harmonywind5 said:
franzdrake said:
That animation was genuinely amazing. It’s what is carrying this show for me.

Starting to dislike this show overall though. It seems like this anime’s main purpose is for making cool fights rather telling an interesting story. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea.

Yeah, this is a series that you have be in it purely for the fights. I've read pretty deep into the webtoon, and honestly, I wouldn't say the story impressed me at any point. There are some characters I enjoy, but not many. I figured I would watch the anime to see how they'd pull off the fights, and not much else.

All of the Big Three of Webtoon have some glaring flaws. God of High School lacks substance, Noblesse is extremely repetitive, and Tower of God is dense and slow, and can admittedly be boring at times. God of High School is by far my least favorite of the three, but I'll still keep watching. I'm interested to see how they'll change things up.
I have feeling the DBZ and Naruto fanboys will eat up The God of High School. It checks all the boxes for them.

As someone who is enjoying Tower of God right now I can see what you mean but I like how the story is told. It is really effective. I'm talking the anime of Tower of God but I have peak at the Webtoon and find it to be impressive as well.
Jul 22, 2020 11:37 PM
Jul 2020
Harmonywind5 said:
franzdrake said:

Starting to dislike this show overall though. It seems like this anime’s main purpose is for making cool fights rather telling an interesting story. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea.

Yeah, this is a series that you have be in it purely for the fights. I've read pretty deep into the webtoon, and honestly, I wouldn't say the story impressed me at any point. There are some characters I enjoy, but not many. I figured I would watch the anime to see how they'd pull off the fights, and not much else.

All of the Big Three of Webtoon have some glaring flaws. God of High School lacks substance, Noblesse is extremely repetitive, and Tower of God is dense and slow, and can admittedly be boring at times. God of High School is by far my least favorite of the three, but I'll still keep watching. I'm interested to see how they'll change things up.
The story is good lmao, what's bad about it. Tell me
Jul 23, 2020 5:02 AM
Dec 2018
People that complaining why suddenly they have supernatural sure not really watch it since Ep 1 lmao
How can Mujin slap an island if it's not a supernatural power??
Jul 23, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2009
I want Mah Miseon to beat me up. She better be a major character in this series.
Jul 23, 2020 7:48 AM
May 2017
MasterHavik said:
Harmonywind5 said:

I have feeling the DBZ and Naruto fanboys will eat up The God of High School. It checks all the boxes for them.

As someone who is enjoying Tower of God right now I can see what you mean but I like how the story is told. It is really effective. I'm talking the anime of Tower of God but I have peak at the Webtoon and find it to be impressive as well.

Well, Tower of God is the one I've followed the most so I would agree with you lol the story is quite interesting, and I really enjoy the characters. For me, it's just the fact that the chapters are so long and so much is going on that the pacing can just drag on.
Jul 23, 2020 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Now , that's a jojo reference
how is no one talking about it ?
Jul 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2018
OMG i find the mc so annoying I really hope someone will kicks hes ass. Imo its pure trash.But kind of entertaining at least the fighting .Not bad I just think its extremely mediocre

Their red noses can work as a lighthouse or help Santa find the right way home, they really glow.I find that a bit amusing =P

Yuri-CrusaderJul 24, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 23, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Ao_Blue said:
NaiSk8 said:
Apparently the anime, especially this episode, is not sticking true to the Webtoon and Webtoon readers are Not Happy about it.

Some Webtoon readers are always not happy about the adaptations. Just like in the case of Tower of God. Some manhwa readers complain about almost everything.

I can see why anyone would complain about TOG adaptation
removed-userJul 23, 2020 8:38 AM
Jul 23, 2020 9:14 AM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the manga, so I want to ask you something. Was the tournament really supposed to be that fast? Hell, they put a bunch of fights in one episode.
Jul 23, 2020 11:49 AM
Mar 2018
ayaan692 said:

the first scene of this series was a dude crushing an island with his palm
and you didnt expect it to have superpowers?
honestly thats on you

I thought that was a reference to kung fu hustle
Jul 23, 2020 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Okay that was another great ep and this is certainly heating up!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jul 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
This week was much better than last. Fighting kept in the ring, and also outside the ring with the old fruit basket. Very enjoyable!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 23, 2020 2:38 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty much the most overrated and crappy anime I've seen in quite some time, as it relates to the hype around it.

Every episode is horribly paced. First EP felt like it was episode 5, episode 2 felt like midway through the anime.. Idk if it's rushed or not, but now it seems like it's a jojo clone? wtf was that monster.

Man, you guys need to do better about hyping things up because this sucks so bad.
Jul 23, 2020 4:47 PM
Apr 2020
IHateKpop said:
Pretty much the most overrated and crappy anime I've seen in quite some time, as it relates to the hype around it.

Every episode is horribly paced. First EP felt like it was episode 5, episode 2 felt like midway through the anime.. Idk if it's rushed or not, but now it seems like it's a jojo clone? wtf was that monster.

Man, you guys need to do better about hyping things up because this sucks so bad.

someone who gave my hero academia the most overrated show a 9 shouldnt point finger on other shows being overhyped
Jul 23, 2020 5:06 PM
Apr 2020
Dragonland04 said:
Ao_Blue said:

Some Webtoon readers are always not happy about the adaptations. Just like in the case of Tower of God. Some manhwa readers complain about almost everything.

I can see why anyone would complain about TOG adaptation

Welp, for me, TOG is better than GOHS.
Jul 23, 2020 6:08 PM
Jan 2011
Terrible. This show's pacing is fast asf,the plot of this anime is yet to be clear, side characters have more of a backstory than the main 3 and lots of random fighting.
Jul 23, 2020 6:52 PM

Oct 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
OMG i find the mc so annoying I really hope someone will kicks hes ass. Imo its pure trash.But kind of entertaining at least the fighting .Not bad just extremely mediocre

Their red noses can work as a lighthouse or help Santa find the right way home, they really glow.I find that a bit amusing =P

Usually I see that coloring done in anime because they are drunk. Specifically those two areas.
Ever noticed how thick and chunky the top of everyone's ears are in the show?
Jul 23, 2020 6:58 PM
Jun 2017
i just love this series so much, battle episodes every week... and Jin has beaten a commissioner thanks to that fruit... yeah
Jul 23, 2020 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
Harmonywind5 said:
MasterHavik said:

Well, Tower of God is the one I've followed the most so I would agree with you lol the story is quite interesting, and I really enjoy the characters. For me, it's just the fact that the chapters are so long and so much is going on that the pacing can just drag on.
Yeah it can but I think it isn't the worst. Sometimes a slow pace can help you catch plotholes.
Jul 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Apr 2010
Where's the plot in this Anime? I read a few chapters of the Webtoon and shit just seems to make more sense over there. I have no idea what they're doing with this adaption. All fights no substance? I mean jeez, The animation and fight sequences are the only thing keeping me going to be honest. It's still early on but there's by far better fighting manga and Anime out there based on real martial arts than this. This MC is really starting to bug me too, how many Goku clones do we need? I don't hate this Anime but there's nothing here other than fights keeping anyone invested.

Lush4beauty said:
As someone who has not read the manga, but have watched a very good share of ufc i am surprised they aren't branching out with techniques a little further. Like pro wrestling?? What? Why not jiu jitsu, or muai tai?? Lol is it just me?
Am I overthinking this?
Lol I often do so im not surprised haha
But overall, its a great show cant wait for the next ep!

At this point in the game I doubt you'll see much real world martial arts application here, just your standard DBZ affair. If you want a Martial Arts manga with more practical Techniques go Read Baki, Kengan Ashura, Tough, Teppuu.
ZeroflamezJul 23, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 23, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2019
The supernatural tag is helpful here- because I am thoroughly confused by the power system in this show. Having a good time, but still confused.
Jul 23, 2020 11:32 PM

May 2013
MY HAN HUSBANDO DID SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD <333333
Jul 24, 2020 5:23 AM

Feb 2020
Honestly I'm very impressed with the amount of effort MAPPA has put into this show. They have been thriving these past few years so I'm not surprised, but still impressed by the consistency so far.
As for the plot, I can't really comment on it yet, I just hope it'll be more complex later on, so far its been pretty simple with a lot of good fight scenes.
The fight sequences in this episode were spectacular especially Daewi's. But what the hell was that during Mori's fight? A STANDO POWAH?? Is this JoJo part9??
But on the serious note, this one is still one of the best shows not just this season but this entire pitiful year so far.
Jul 24, 2020 5:33 AM

Dec 2010
Is the seiyuu of Baek, Seung-Chul, Dio? Koyasu, Takehito
Jul 24, 2020 8:12 AM

Feb 2020
booyah10 said:
Is the seiyuu of Baek, Seung-Chul, Dio? Koyasu, Takehito

No, but it sounds similar. The voice actor is Yūya Uchida (according to Wikipedia).
Jul 24, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2019
Yuri-Crusader said:
OMG i find the mc so annoying I really hope someone will kicks hes ass. Imo its pure trash.But kind of entertaining at least the fighting .Not bad I just think its extremely mediocre

Finally someone else! Is this supposed to be blushing or what?

Now, that I have embraced the fact that this show is not about martial arts, I am having a better time. Power inducing fruits and suppernatural scythe-man horror summons? Ok, as long as the world building fits. To be fair, some baddies got trampled by the foot of god 1st episode.

[/quote]
Jul 24, 2020 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
Park gave Mori the divine pellet; then, Mori has a dream about the monkey king or something. Was that in the original?

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 24, 2020 10:23 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
the fight for between the male chara was good, but the fight between the female chara felt lacking
Jul 25, 2020 2:47 AM
Nov 2016
franzdrake said:

I also felt that the moment between Jin and the master was kinda ruined with the whole stand ghost thing. That moment with Jin taking off his glasses was so badass but then out of nowhere this thing just randomly appears and ruins all my appreciation of the moment.

I do agree with you, i just drop it in the halfway of 3rd ep. I couldn't find any emotional bond with any character even the MC at all.
Credit for those the animation quality but for the story, i think i still prefer shonen as the source material.
Jul 25, 2020 2:51 AM
Nov 2016
DruMzTV said:
I´m 10 minutes in and have to say, another atrocius looking episode. Pretty awful

Awful, superficial, Overrated
5 minutes of 3rd eps was enough to make me drop it
Jul 25, 2020 4:48 AM

Feb 2013
kanziekan said:
Ooo, it's veering off the order of the manhwa now. I don't mind it, at all. The first two episode I was looking at it through 'manhwa reader' eyes and was a bit put off but now it's starting to get good. I was a bit thrown off at times when they started referring to characters that would definitely not be referred to at this time, but now I think it's to pull anime watchers into the story more. Reorganising the story so the pacing isn't so slow, but we can all agree now, that it's a bit too fast now haha. Overall, I'm excited for what's to come but also, some people need to give this series a break, does every new anime adaptation have to be the second coming of jesus?

I never read the Manwah, like I did with ToG. But for me it feels well paced. I have questions of what going on but I don't feel confused like it missing information. Just that it will be explained when it needs to be. Its a fun show to watch.
Jul 25, 2020 4:09 PM

Feb 2019
it was an ok ep 6.5/10

Jul 25, 2020 8:23 PM
Jun 2013
DeltaK said:
Harmonywind5 said:

The story is good lmao, what's bad about it. Tell me

There's no story lol so far it's literally just "hey guys, enter that ring and fight to reach your 101% cliche or dumb wish", you don't even have a system power or any kind of explanations for the characters powers.

The rest of the anime is just a bunch of confusing and vague hints about Jin identity and some conspiration.
Jul 25, 2020 8:30 PM

Jul 2014
Still building its hype. Yeah you can say it's fast but I like it
Jul 26, 2020 12:17 AM

Apr 2020
didn't expect jojo-tier stand, expecting mostly pure martial arts

Jul 26, 2020 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
Damn, this episode had some great fights. Interesting to see Daewi's backstory. Mori is an interesting character with his goofy persona. I defo can't wait to see him and blondie fight :P. I will definitely be checking out the webtoon.
Jul 26, 2020 9:54 AM
Oct 2012
So much for ToG hate, the first 3 episodes were more interesting than this.
Also Generic Bam > Generic Goku
Jul 26, 2020 10:32 AM
Sep 2018
G_Spark233 said:
I like that we got some more action with the other two. It really doesn't feel like this tournament will last much longer at this rate.

I didn't expect a giant monster to suddenly appear. That felt so random!

Me too. I never thought there will be supernatural elements even after ep 01 first couple of scenes.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jul 26, 2020 4:20 PM
Apr 2010
holy shit how many times they used that move when character rain punches and then they land afterwards, i lost count, the ping in korea must be shit. you often see when fighting anime cant really show off with tight budget and fighting scenes suffer, but this anime is like unicorn, nicely animated shit fights
Jul 26, 2020 11:49 PM

Nov 2008
So three episodes in and I think I'm with everyone else when I say the pacing is getting out of hand. I've not read the source material, so I can only speak to how it's presented as an anime. I'm fine with the story not being spelled out in the first few episodes because that gives us something to look forward to so that we can get some nice twists later on.

That said, There are plenty of issues I have with this series so far:

1. We need to spend some more time with our characters between fights. They seem to want to cram in a ton of exposition while explaining nothing. Take Dae-wi, for example. He had a fair amount of time devoted to helping someone out with his hospital bills. Family? Lover? Why is he helping him out? Is he a friend? Family? Lover? Is he just that kind-hearted? What's the guy even have, anyway? Cancer? Ultra-mega anime illness? An acute version of whatever is making everyone's noses so red? The jerks in the next scene said he deserves to die because he "always acting like some her of justice". What's that mean? Did that lead to him getting so sick? If so, how? I feel like we spent a lot of time in that scene and learned nothing that wasn't already established in the 10-second flashback we saw in episode 1.

2. So Jin gets some fruit, and, uh... How do I even start this one? I guess my first thoughts were "Don't eat those. They're probably poisoned." It's fine that Jin didn't think that because he's an established 2-dimensional, Goku-like meathead that only loves fighting. That's fine. However, these fruits made him... stronger? I can only guess that's what they did because he took out an opponent that was supposed to be a lot stronger than in a couple of seconds. That WOULD HAVE been really cool, but there's an issue with this. We don't know how strong he was BEFORE he ate the fruit. Sure, we got to see him fight a bit, but we never were able to gauge his strength because he's never been taken to the limit by anyone yet. We've never seen him lose to someone stronger (on screen, at least), so we have no basis for what level of strength he was capable of before eating the fruit. They might as well have said that eating the fruit doubled his bank account. It'd get the same "That's... good?" reaction, since we don't really know what that would mean. Again, this is all assuming the fruit made him stronger. Maybe he was just going to whoop the glasses guy anyway. I can't say since we've never seen him truly pressured.

Fun idea: Actually seeing glasses guy whoop Jin's butt and having Jin pull some cool move out at the last moment to win AND THEN having him eat the fruit would have solved this issue by letting us first gauge his power. It still would have been rushed, though.

3. I'm somewhat annoyed by the way they call fights. I don't mind the whole "nanomachines can instantly cure you" thing, but that would mean the fights should only be called when someone gives up, right? Look at the fight Go had. He got mercilessly pummeled beyond what was necessary because he refused to give up, but we've seen fights called for a lot less. Dae-wi's fight (and Mira's too, but I'd argue to a lesser extent) got called as soon as their opponents fell... even though Mira fell WAY before she put her opponent down. As far as I could tell, they didn't give up, so why was the fight called? Did they pass out? Do the nanomachines not keep that from happening? Seems like this type of thing could be settled with a 10-count after the opponent hits the floor (which would give a lot more drama to the fights). It just never made sense that we had to watch Go fight long after he had clearly lost, but the people in the fights from this episode lost as soon as they hit the mat.

4. Speaking of weird rules, how are all these people in a tournament now? At the beginning of the first episode, they said it was a battle royal (which allowed late entrances for some reason), but a battle royal generally means the last person standing is the winner, so what happened? They just called it after a certain number of people go disqualified? Well, okay, but the last thing we saw was Jin getting his neck broken, so how was he NOT disqualified? He didn't just shrug it off because we saw him with the nurses right after that.

5. So, um... magic is a thing in this? So far, we've seen a guy leave a hand print in an island and use telekinesis to take Jin down. Then, we saw a stand come out of a guy and fight. I don't know what else to call it besides magic, and that seems rather out of place in a martial arts tournament setting, doesn't it? I'm not saying it can't work, but I'm worried. I'm very, very worried.

That's it for my major complaints. I have several smaller ones (like how painful it was to watch the literal tantrum Jin threw when he was told he couldn't fight the blond guy), but I let small issues slide most of the time.

The fight animations have been good so far, but I'd like to see more substance in the way they're presented. I also enjoyed the way the characters interact, the humor, and I'm looking forward to getting to the real story behind who Jin's grandfather is, but it's going to need to be revealed ASAP so that we can start looking more critically at the broader story, as the audience is in desperate need to understand how this anime's universe functions.
Jul 27, 2020 12:37 AM
Feb 2020
Rdxrchi said:
I love how i enjoyed the daewi fight more than any fight from naruto shippuden

5/5 episode

I can imagine the same kind of people saying DS fights were the best of the anime. And then a few months later, trashing on it..
Jul 27, 2020 12:44 AM
Feb 2020
Nick4x said:
So three episodes in and I think I'm with everyone else when I say the pacing is getting out of hand. I've not read the source material, so I can only speak to how it's presented as an anime. I'm fine with the story not being spelled out in the first few episodes because that gives us something to look forward to so that we can get some nice twists later on.

That said, There are plenty of issues I have with this series so far:

1. We need to spend some more time with our characters between fights. They seem to want to cram in a ton of exposition while explaining nothing. Take Dae-wi, for example. He had a fair amount of time devoted to helping someone out with his hospital bills. Family? Lover? Why is he helping him out? Is he a friend? Family? Lover? Is he just that kind-hearted? What's the guy even have, anyway? Cancer? Ultra-mega anime illness? An acute version of whatever is making everyone's noses so red? The jerks in the next scene said he deserves to die because he "always acting like some her of justice". What's that mean? Did that lead to him getting so sick? If so, how? I feel like we spent a lot of time in that scene and learned nothing that wasn't already established in the 10-second flashback we saw in episode 1.

2. So Jin gets some fruit, and, uh... How do I even start this one? I guess my first thoughts were "Don't eat those. They're probably poisoned." It's fine that Jin didn't think that because he's an established 2-dimensional, Goku-like meathead that only loves fighting. That's fine. However, these fruits made him... stronger? I can only guess that's what they did because he took out an opponent that was supposed to be a lot stronger than in a couple of seconds. That WOULD HAVE been really cool, but there's an issue with this. We don't know how strong he was BEFORE he ate the fruit. Sure, we got to see him fight a bit, but we never were able to gauge his strength because he's never been taken to the limit by anyone yet. We've never seen him lose to someone stronger (on screen, at least), so we have no basis for what level of strength he was capable of before eating the fruit. They might as well have said that eating the fruit doubled his bank account. It'd get the same "That's... good?" reaction, since we don't really know what that would mean. Again, this is all assuming the fruit made him stronger. Maybe he was just going to whoop the glasses guy anyway. I can't say since we've never seen him truly pressured.

Fun idea: Actually seeing glasses guy whoop Jin's butt and having Jin pull some cool move out at the last moment to win AND THEN having him eat the fruit would have solved this issue by letting us first gauge his power. It still would have been rushed, though.

3. I'm somewhat annoyed by the way they call fights. I don't mind the whole "nanomachines can instantly cure you" thing, but that would mean the fights should only be called when someone gives up, right? Look at the fight Go had. He got mercilessly pummeled beyond what was necessary because he refused to give up, but we've seen fights called for a lot less. Dae-wi's fight (and Mira's too, but I'd argue to a lesser extent) got called as soon as their opponents fell... even though Mira fell WAY before she put her opponent down. As far as I could tell, they didn't give up, so why was the fight called? Did they pass out? Do the nanomachines not keep that from happening? Seems like this type of thing could be settled with a 10-count after the opponent hits the floor (which would give a lot more drama to the fights). It just never made sense that we had to watch Go fight long after he had clearly lost, but the people in the fights from this episode lost as soon as they hit the mat.

4. Speaking of weird rules, how are all these people in a tournament now? At the beginning of the first episode, they said it was a battle royal (which allowed late entrances for some reason), but a battle royal generally means the last person standing is the winner, so what happened? They just called it after a certain number of people go disqualified? Well, okay, but the last thing we saw was Jin getting his neck broken, so how was he NOT disqualified? He didn't just shrug it off because we saw him with the nurses right after that.

5. So, um... magic is a thing in this? So far, we've seen a guy leave a hand print in an island and use telekinesis to take Jin down. Then, we saw a stand come out of a guy and fight. I don't know what else to call it besides magic, and that seems rather out of place in a martial arts tournament setting, doesn't it? I'm not saying it can't work, but I'm worried. I'm very, very worried.

That's it for my major complaints. I have several smaller ones (like how painful it was to watch the literal tantrum Jin threw when he was told he couldn't fight the blond guy), but I let small issues slide most of the time.

The fight animations have been good so far, but I'd like to see more substance in the way they're presented. I also enjoyed the way the characters interact, the humor, and I'm looking forward to getting to the real story behind who Jin's grandfather is, but it's going to need to be revealed ASAP so that we can start looking more critically at the broader story, as the audience is in desperate need to understand how this anime's universe functions.

The anime's pacing is a way too fast, so we are missing 'quite a lot of things.
Jul 29, 2020 2:14 AM
Jul 2020
I will rename this show to "go off hey skull". How terrifying my talent is, 😁😁.
Jul 31, 2020 2:56 PM
Jul 2020
I already love this show especially the Han daewi's fight, although I rated this ep a 4 out of 5 bc the pacing was a little bit too fast for me overall great show though.
Jul 31, 2020 5:47 PM
Feb 2018
So far, the best part of the show is the awesome animation and fights. I haven't read the manga but it does seem really fast paced. Not much too the story, just fighting to see who can win and get a wish (not too original) also characters arent that interesting either.
Aug 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
So now we got stands and devil fruits....okay then.
Aug 5, 2020 4:46 AM
Sep 2018
I love the story of this anime
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.