Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Sep 2018
Action scenes were really bad this episode. I know a lot of people will like it simply because it was "fluid" but what is the point of fast paced combat if there is no balance in movements and it looks so unnatural? It literally looked like a speed up version of a run-of-the-mill fight sequence, maybe even worse because of the poor anatomy. Don't know if it was a directorial/production issue and something gone wrong storyboarding but it looks so unprofessional. I wouldn't be this picky and critical for any other show but this is literally an anime about fights and they are clearly cutting corners for the supposedly good action. Can't say I didn't expect this though, even with the last episode having some top tier animation there were some janky parts here and there. Maybe a directorial/production issue after all.
Jul 20, 2020 5:57 PM
Feb 2016
Death 13 Requiem! This whole anime is Jojo reference
Jul 20, 2020 6:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Intense episode with some nice fight choreography. It was nice to see the wrestling chick go at it, but it's too bad she's already lost. Mira is a lot more powerful than she lets on.

Han also looked pretty badass. I like his bare knuckle fighting style.

As for Jin, I guess he was fed some kind of magical fruit that made him powerful? It's too bad, I'd rather him get to the top with his own strength rather than being helped.

So that one commissioner guy basically had a Persona/Stand. Will the main three characters get their own? Guess we'll see.
Jul 20, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Action is top notch, Mira's and Daewi's fights were very entertaining showing both of their styles.

Park Mu-jin definitely has something planned for Jin after seeing who is grandpa. He seems to have given some Jin some sort of fruit to awaken some kind of power I assume. Probably safe to assume that Jin's grandpa is/was an important person.

The scene where Jin casually knocks the commissioner down was glorious. I laughed out loud when the announcer declared Jin the winner after that. So epic.
The commissioner's power, interesting. "I believe you called your power something like this, Persona!"

I've been reading through the manhwa in parallel and yeah, they are going pretty damn fast but it doesn't feel too off as an anime-only. It's only when I read the manhwa after watching the episode that I realize how much stuff was skipped.
Jul 20, 2020 6:09 PM

Mar 2016
wow, one thing i took from this episode was:

mori doesn't like glasses :O

park mujin is very attractive to me, seems as though he is the puppet-ed mastermind of. this show

this story is wack to me, but i will see where it goes.

4/5
strawberaetaeJul 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Jul 20, 2020 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! So much action packed in just a single episode!
Mira is OP! Han is OP and Jin is way too OP xD That's the summary of this episode.

But for real, what a fight from Han! His friend i suppose is sick so he is fighting to save him.

About Jin, i do wonder what those fruits had... Probably a poison to check if he will survive? Anyways, what a fight! He started the fight by ending it in the most badass way! The other guy took it way too personal, even though he lost 2 times xD
Can't wait for more!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 20, 2020 6:37 PM
Jun 2013
dashiu_kun said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
It was better than the last episode, but i don't know, do this get really better? everything is just so blatantly generic, almost like a parody, characters are super shallow with either a 101% cliche motivation or just plain stupid, all the fights are literally the same thing, its just "look, i'm so strong, going to humiliate you" and in the next minute they get suddenly owned, and not with martial arts but the random supernatural powers just throwed with no explanation, even the animation that is the selling point suffered a bit in the girls fight with some quite rough movements, there's really no weight at anything because you instantly know how the fight will develop and who will win and also the fact that you can break people's neck and get healed easily.

Seriously, 8.17 is way to high for this lol

Comes from a Boruto fan LMFAO.

"Hurr durr BoRUto fAn"

12 years old level of argument is the extent of your intelligence i see, nothing else kkkkk
Shinuki_n_RebornJul 20, 2020 6:46 PM
Jul 20, 2020 6:37 PM
Dec 2019
Mori meeting Bongchim. If they dont fix this...
Jul 20, 2020 6:41 PM

Oct 2017
Zozo_Bean said:

Also, was it just me or did Jin seem to get stronger after the incident with the fruit? Or do you think he was always that strong (to take down a commissioner with a slight push) but he just never showed it? Either way it was a badass move, and I honestly love him.

How are we supposed to know that when the anime haven't shown or explained anything about characters and how power or superpowers 😑 work in this show.
Jul 20, 2020 6:41 PM
Dec 2018
SirTristram said:
Action scenes were really bad this episode. I know a lot of people will like it simply because it was "fluid" but what is the point of fast paced combat if there is no balance in movements and it looks so unnatural? It literally looked like a speed up version of a run-of-the-mill fight sequence, maybe even worse because of the poor anatomy. Don't know if it was a directorial/production issue and something gone wrong storyboarding but it looks so unprofessional. I wouldn't be this picky and critical for any other show but this is literally an anime about fights and they are clearly cutting corners for the supposedly good action. Can't say I didn't expect this though, even with the last episode having some top tier animation there were some janky parts here and there. Maybe a directorial/production issue after all.

fully agree with you on that
Jul 20, 2020 6:45 PM
Apr 2009
I am finding this series extremely entertaining. I think I am mostly over shonen action anime, but something about the style and animation in this I find very appealing. The story and characters, well, we'll see. Daewi's little side story was interesting.
Jul 20, 2020 7:05 PM
Jul 2020
Loved the fight animation, super tight and fluid without cg(as far as I know, I'm no expert😃)
Jul 20, 2020 7:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As an anime watcher only, i am confused as hell seeing this episode. 3 fights just threw out with no interest as its closurement. I might seen this as another introduction of power level on that world. But, its not good at all to seen their like that. Because for me, the pace kinda messed up with no impact in the end. Welp, with that happened, i just felt a bad taste in my mouth,decreasing my satisfaction so much. Oh, well, whatever, then. On to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 20, 2020 7:37 PM

Apr 2017
I only started reading the source material a few weeks ago so everything is pretty fresh and this episode went away from the source and changed the story a bit, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I wish they stayed somewhat closer to it. I'm still really excited for more, but it's a little disappointing knowing that some parts I really enjoyed reading might not make it to the animation. They changed enough to slightly annoy me, but not enough to upset me. Also we didn't get the family motto! >:(

Some of the fights have been real fast and the animation hasn't been the greatest at showing what's actually happening, but at the same time it also has some of the best fight animations. It's pretty inconsistent in my opinion, but I don't dislike it.

Hopefully they make the next few fights as amazing as I anticipate they will and slow it down a little. I'm really enjoying the show thus far, even if some aspects aren't 'perfect', but that's to be expected.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jul 20, 2020 7:51 PM

Oct 2017
Aww man.

When 1st episode was aired , i thought this anime is gonna be awesome
But now its only 3rd episode & we can see that its not that great.
Only thing this anime has to offer is animation.( which was not good in this episode ). I know people are saying that animation and action is awesome but during fight their movments were very Bad because the way they were drawn in fight ( between Han Dae-Wi & baek ) but still overall its ok. Episode 1 & 2 had better animation & action.

fights are still illogical , like every characters getting random superpowers !? They are not even explaining anything.

Story & plot is not that appealing. Maybe because its rushed or because of source material ( i don't know i haven't read it ) or because characters don't have any depth & They haven't shown much about them. But Character designs are unique & looks good.

I hope they will keep the animation quality with good fight scenes because this is the only reasons i am watching GOH.

I don't think its gonna be good anime if they will keep going like this . I have no expectations BUT STILL I hope they will do something & try to explain things like Monster or stand or whatever that power commissioner had.
I was so hyped for this anime but this isn't not what i expected. I hope they will do something But still not expecting anything much .

I have doubt they are just using GOH for advertising webtoon. .
Jul 20, 2020 8:13 PM

Jul 2020
The animation on the fight scenes are still good but not as consistent as the previous episodes.

I didn't like the whole generic flash back thing that was compressed for like a minute or so. tbh the fights lack substance because there is not enough time shown in their motivations as a character.

I can understand that their doing there best to fit a whole 100 chap arc in 13 episodes but I hope the pacing will not be rushed on the next few episodes (even just little bit).

I hope they can also properly explain the
supernatural/magic system (?) and provide an interesting narrative involving these types of powers.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 20, 2020 8:38 PM
Jul 2020
For newcomer who wonder why we webtoon reader "overhyped" this shit, we hype it for a reason ;)

I admit the pacing right now is not good, but I think they want to speed things up to get to the main dish. Stay tuned

About the story, is it a deep rich complicated one? nope. is it a unique and entertaining one? absolutely

After all, the whole point of this existence is to make you hype tf up. Prepared to get your jaw dropped. Many times
Jul 20, 2020 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was good. That first scene was weird, and one of that characters was in Manseok’s memories, so, it’s all connected. Mori’s fair punishment would have been disqualification, but Park’s interests are over that, he even gave him kind of a power or something that a normal person couldn’t have endure, so he’s demonstrating that he’s the chosen one. Daewi’s fight was cool, his friendship with the hospital guy is noble, but this anime finally jumped to a superpower thing, I kind of saw this coming, but I’m now intrigued by wtf with the power, even Mori was confused.
Jul 20, 2020 8:52 PM

Feb 2015
yuno1009 said:
For newcomer who wonder why we webtoon reader "overhyped" this shit, we hype it for a reason ;)

I admit the pacing right now is not good, but I think they want to speed things up to get to the main dish. Stay tuned

About the story, is it a deep rich complicated one? nope. is it a unique and entertaining one? absolutely

After all, the whole point of this existence is to make you hype tf up. Prepared to get your jaw dropped. Many times

I must admit that I'm enjoying very much, it's funny, entertaining, tense, the characters are really good, and I think the powers are gonna be explained with the show's development, I think they're building it correctly.
Jul 20, 2020 9:32 PM
Jul 2020
Yes, everything seem so weird and random at first, we even have a Jojo stand at episode 3 lol. And honestly the power system is not established and explained carefully like Chakra in Naruto, Nen in HxH, etc... but they will be defenitely revealed later, in the most adrenaline pumping way

For people who want to have fun with non stop action and many over the top scenes, this show is for you
Jul 20, 2020 9:49 PM
Oct 2012
The most likable lead character is the one who speaks the least.
I already hated Goku in DBS, I didn't need a bootleg version, and the girl is another naggy thot how surprising
Jul 20, 2020 9:50 PM
Jul 2015
This episode was pretty good but they are kinda rushing this first arc alot. The pacing is too fast and they were skipping and altering a lot of details. I wish this was 24 episodes cause i feel like they would have taken more time with adapting the story more. Hopefully, the next arc has a better pace. Still the animation is great.
Jul 20, 2020 10:22 PM
Apr 2020
light1150 said:
Kinben69 said:
Man I really hate the author of God of Highschool. He is so unsure about his work that he keeps changing stuff and this anime adaptation is not the first time that he did it.(As I've heard that most of these changes were his idea). He should start understanding that his EARLY WORK WAS AMAZING. THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT WORSE.

Some things were changed, but his early work was by no means amazing a lot of it was not good. The only change that has been bad so far is the battle system explanation and Mori talking with his grandpa.

And Mori using his legs on weak opponents at start of tournament, and the battle between Mira and Miseon, and not introducing his grandpa's arch nemesis.
Jul 20, 2020 10:35 PM

Nov 2018
Rdxrchi said:
DruMzTV said:
finished the episode and it got even worse.

I truly hope there are people out there who can find enjoyment in this thing.

But for an action anime, i need:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
not reused footage from the anime in the Opening
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it
Better animation XD? Better Studio XDDD?

Maybe he's right, maybe JC Staff could've been the ones who would have flexed on us with their godlike animation.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 20, 2020 10:38 PM
Jul 2020
Kinben69 said:
light1150 said:

Some things were changed, but his early work was by no means amazing a lot of it was not good. The only change that has been bad so far is the battle system explanation and Mori talking with his grandpa.

And Mori using his legs on weak opponents at start of tournament, and the battle between Mira and Miseon, and not introducing his grandpa's arch nemesis.

Meh on Him using his legs it gets really old really fast. As well the battle between mir and miseon was way better than the webtoon. The webtoon was an absolute joke that ended on the dumbest note possible (lol I can’t have a harem with one arm therefore I lose) I agree about not showing bonchim that I will agree.
Jul 20, 2020 10:46 PM

Jul 2016
First seconds with the cult and that random female member wearing... a gag were so wtf.

Overall, super entertaining episode once again. So fighting for the sake of your dying friend/relative, uh? I knew Daewi would be the "best bro" kind of character. His fight against the glasses dude was so insane I totally forgot Mori was dying in his room. Raw power based on pure determination? I love that shit.

Mira's fight with Miseon, though kinda brief, was still quite enjoyable and nicely directed as well. By the way, extra points for not adding lame fanservice with Miseon getting topless because of Mira's air cuts.

P.S.: Curious to see people complaining about supernatural/unrealistic elements now even when Mujin fucking obliterated an island with his palm a la "Kung Fu Hustle" style in the first episode.
Jul 20, 2020 11:14 PM
Mar 2018
Rdxrchi said:
I love how i enjoyed the daewi fight more than any fight from naruto shippuden

5/5 episode

Hey, no need to bash shippuden.

Did you even watch it or remember? Sakura/Granny v. Sasori, Naruto v. Sasuke at the waterfall, Sasuke v. Itachi, sage Naruto, hell even Shikamaru and his strategies are entertaining.

I didn't really enjoy the Daewi fight. Too predictable. He was getting beat up badly, had a flashback that motivated him, then suddenly gained all this strength and power to beat his opponent. Very convenient and cliche, but I still enjoyed watching the animation of some of his scenes.

It was overwhelming (attack galore with no actual meaningful impact) and underwhelming (cliche; benefit of being an mc type of win). This episode was so-so
Jul 20, 2020 11:19 PM

Feb 2010
Entertaining episode as always, i hope they explain about the superpower thingy so it doesn't feel too random but should have seen it coming with the palm destroys an island.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 20, 2020 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that was unexpectedXD
Jul 20, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2014
I actually like that the fights are short but after watching the whole episode I feel kinda... weird lol.

The red string is missing for me if you know what I mean.

Does it have some supernatural elements or are those animations only to underline the "fighting styles/emotions"?

Well... Let's see what happens in the next episode.
Jul 21, 2020 12:01 AM
Jun 2020
Kinda disappointed that some character skill is just the name of the skill+the result, like suddenly “bam! The character got hit”. Webtoon did a lot better with the skill move in GoH trailer, they show a glimpse of what actually happen during those second. Not asking for much, just flash some minor detail and it would be perfect. For example, in the anime mori’s triple kick looks like him kicking air and manseok suddenly got hit where in the webtoon trailer, they display mori’s triple kick with some flash images of what actually happened.
Jul 21, 2020 12:28 AM

Feb 2020
narekokr said:

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13
Thats what I thought too lmao
Jul 21, 2020 12:44 AM
Apr 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
CooLDuDe_103 said:
Ngl, the Han Daewi fight in this episode kind of makes me confident that Attack on Titan Season 4 might just be in good hands. The animation in fight scenes really is Sakuga. And seems like there's something more going on behind the scenes in relation to the tournament & its politics than what it shows up front.
Don't expect AOT to have same quality as GOHS cause both the shows have different staff.
But Jujutsu Kaisen has the same staff.
Jul 21, 2020 1:08 AM

Jan 2018
The pacing of each episode is getting faster and faster... I hope the next episode will take its time so it would have a better impact. I haven't read the manwha but I can imagine it being better in this past 3 episodes.

In terms of animation it's below my expectation but I can't blame them because of their budget. It's still better than most action anime. This would've been a 10 out of 10 if it was adapted with higher budget and longer air time.

Will read the manwha
Jul 21, 2020 1:11 AM
Feb 2020
Cant even lie, this anime has some of the best fight scenes i've scene like ever. When i started the episode i was like half asleep and it literally makes me get out of my chair everytime. I really want to read the manhwa but i also dont want the fights spoiled for me. The anime feels like its missing a little slice of life, i know it dosent have time and i enjoy every episode but all the back to back fighting makes the characters feel like robots. 10/10 fight scenes but i'll leave it with a 9/10 on mal rn. Also how did my boy in the end get up with all his bones broken from bat guy?
Jul 21, 2020 1:28 AM
Apr 2020
WantiPop said:
Eh, I wanted to enjoy this, being a fresh and well animated martial arts show, but the whole superpowers bullshit ruins it. Story is a whack.

the first scene of this series was a dude crushing an island with his palm
and you didnt expect it to have superpowers?
honestly thats on you
Jul 21, 2020 1:42 AM
May 2018
SouthRzVa said:
First seconds with the cult and that random female member wearing... a gag were so wtf.

Overall, super entertaining episode once again. So fighting for the sake of your dying friend/relative, uh? I knew Daewi would be the "best bro" kind of character. His fight against the glasses dude was so insane I totally forgot Mori was dying in his room. Raw power based on pure determination? I love that shit.

Mira's fight with Miseon, though kinda brief, was still quite enjoyable and nicely directed as well. By the way, extra points for not adding lame fanservice with Miseon getting topless because of Mira's air cuts.

P.S.: Curious to see people complaining about supernatural/unrealistic elements now even when Mujin fucking obliterated an island with his palm a la "Kung Fu Hustle" style in the first episode.

Exactly, when the cut showed through her "whatever that cloth is called" I thought " ah shit! Here we go again" but I was happy that they didn't show anything, although there's a scene like that later( much much later). I too am really surprised to see people complaining about supernatural
elements after a guy obliterated a whole island. The anime has given enough hints to answer most of the unanswered questions till now. Only we don't know what we have to look for. When enough is revealed I believe everything will fall into place. About the fast pacing everyone is talking about, the anime is doing that to answer all the mysteries that are revealed much later on..they don't have a choice but to do that.
Jul 21, 2020 1:49 AM

Jun 2020
I have two questions, I hope someone can answer these for me cause I'm lost:

1. What's this monster apparition that came out of the green haired guy's body? Are these guys monsters in disguise or is that some kind of technique they use for fighting?

2. Why does Mira use a wooden sword when she's literally stronger without it? If you're so good with just your hands then why do you need a sword which just weakens your blows?
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 21, 2020 2:00 AM

Jan 2018
6/10.

Im in for cool fights and top notch animation but i feel some factor/story/world explanation is missing to fully enjoy the anime.
Jul 21, 2020 3:01 AM
Jun 2020
spectrojan said:
I have two questions, I hope someone can answer these for me cause I'm lost:

1. What's this monster apparition that came out of the green haired guy's body? Are these guys monsters in disguise or is that some kind of technique they use for fighting?

2. Why does Mira use a wooden sword when she's literally stronger without it? If you're so good with just your hands then why do you need a sword which just weakens your blows?

1. It’s a technique

2. Her technique Mainly involved with sword, only some of her technique use bare fist. And she’s not “weak” with her sword,

Hopefully that helps
BeeruzJul 21, 2020 3:04 AM
Jul 21, 2020 3:23 AM

Dec 2019
I'm surprised I like this anime that much.. It's completely not my "type," as I'm not an action/fight scene fan. But after seeing one of my favorite artists was in the opening song, I checked it out. The animation is very well done, I like the style of all the characters (their cute blushed noses always make me happy). The beginning of the episode with the cult (? sorry I didn't read the source material so I have no idea who they are) got me extra excited since that's the stuff I usually like! The episodes keep me hooked & go by so quick.. I'm excited to see where this goes ♥
Jul 21, 2020 3:47 AM

May 2017
a quite average show. this show would be an absolute dumpster without the production.

5/10 so far
Jul 21, 2020 3:55 AM

Feb 2017
More cool fights. Nice. I wonder what that stand-like technique is. Will the main cast have them too?
Jul 21, 2020 4:31 AM

Dec 2019
adiethya said:
narekokr said:

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13
Thats what I thought too lmao
You can't escape JoJo references
Jul 21, 2020 4:32 AM

Jul 2016
zeeroid said:
I am finding this series extremely entertaining. I think I am mostly over shonen action anime, but something about the style and animation in this I find very appealing. The story and characters, well, we'll see. Daewi's little side story was interesting.

It has been awesome
Jul 21, 2020 4:45 AM

May 2019
I like the choreography and the characterisation but it does feel like we're skimming through, which isn't necessarily a negative, but it is enticing me to pick up the webtoon

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 21, 2020 5:31 AM
Oct 2019
Ay let’s just take a minute to remember mappa is also gonna animate attack on Titan. Also it was a good episode tbh I like the previous 2 more but we got to see some new characters fight and we got to see a little bit of dawei’s backstory.
Jul 21, 2020 5:38 AM

Oct 2016
I definitely enjoyed this episode better than the last one, and that religious group in the beginning is interesting. But, again the animation is just top notch it's like there is a sakuga moment every episode which is insane.

Really enjoyable episode, very fast, I might read the webtoon after this season is over.
Jul 21, 2020 5:45 AM
Oct 2018
The OST was nice half way through. And chibi Mori throwing a tantrum XD
Jul 21, 2020 6:04 AM
Apr 2019
Apparently the anime, especially this episode, is not sticking true to the Webtoon and Webtoon readers are Not Happy about it.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.