Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2020 7:19 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post. It will be unlocked 30 minutes after the episode has aired. The thread is now unlocked.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJul 20, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 20, 2020 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Man, this adaptation is insane batshit fast, but also things are not taken lying down.

For Yoo Mira, fighting against similar-musble-men interest Ma Mi-Sun is just kinda funny, IDK why but it is. But a sword style vs. a fighting style, the longest reach is the biggest damage, and she claims it easily despite the brutality of a 6-pack woman.

For Jin Mori though, the competition officials finding out his true nature of his grandpa
(the one who taught him Renewal Takewondo), seems like he is their big fish, and Jin is the key to settling their old scores with him. And trying to keep him out of the compeititon is only their 1st step in regulation, as he faces his old rival, an official judge, to insane degrees.

For Han Daewi, no matter what challenges may come in pure strength and effort, he is able to deflect them all, IN STYLE and pure fighting action. Fighting against a lower-tier level Baek Sung-chul isn't easy, but he at least made it out in brute force.

Mystic energy? The same that came out of Gan Man-suk, what effects does it have both in and outside of the competition?

Another fast episode, but the enjoyment factor is certainly raising up the never-ending hype.

Extra notes:
On other topics, for webtoon readers, this episode deviated some-to-alot from the webtoon to enclose the content of 13 episodes, so not everything you'll read can be adapted as such, so no grumbling about that.
KANLen09Jul 20, 2020 8:20 AM
Jul 20, 2020 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
Seems this show really loves using wrestling moves in the fights. Well, considering it takes place inside a ring, it's not a surprise. Yuu's opponent is such a strange girl.

I guess everyone has a reason to enter this tournament but the story feels pretty lackluster to me so far. At least the character roster is diverse enough with different personalities. Music is still pretty decent on most parts to get me hyped for the fights themselves.

Jin: Take off your glasses

Well, he's got style.
Jul 20, 2020 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
I like that we got some more action with the other two. It really doesn't feel like this tournament will last much longer at this rate.

I didn't expect a giant monster to suddenly appear. That felt so random!
Jul 20, 2020 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
It was awesome seeing Daewi fight. His opponent wasn't a pushover.

We got to see Mira use techniques with her swords which were impressive.

Pretty entertaining episode if you ask me. Not surprised that Jin Mori was able to get back in the tournament but it funny that he was able to win it with a single push.

Jul 20, 2020 8:09 AM

Feb 2020
As someone who has not read the manga, but have watched a very good share of ufc i am surprised they aren't branching out with techniques a little further. Like pro wrestling?? What? Why not jiu jitsu, or muai tai?? Lol is it just me?
Am I overthinking this?
Lol I often do so im not surprised haha
But overall, its a great show cant wait for the next ep!
Lush4beautyJul 20, 2020 8:13 AM
Jul 20, 2020 8:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Another fun episode. The animation is still high quality and the fight choreography remains stellar. Three major fights in one episode, but the stand out would have to be the fight with Han. Too bad we didn't see everything he could do.

The fight with Jin through me for a loop when it was confirmed that Nen pretty much exists, haha. But seriously, what was that? There are many mysteries that need to be resolved with Jin and the tournament/commissioners.

The fight with Yu was nice but it was shorter than I assumed it would be. All fights were short, which I am not sure if it's a result of the source material or just a rushed adaptation. But short detailed fights are preferable to many people than long drawn out fights with minutes standing still with inner dialogue and flashbacks.
Jul 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Jan 2018
My goodness, the animation was magnificent. Didn't expect MAPPA to be this committed. A lil bit fast-paced again, but it is manageable.

That fight between Yoo Mira and Man Miseon was amazing. But Han Daewi and Baek Seungchul sold me out.
Jul 20, 2020 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
Really digging how the fights look. Sure, it was new for me at the start of the whole thing. But they've kept pace far as I'm concerned. Hope it continues and we see even more good fights. Also wtf was that at the end lmao.

Should really watch more fighting based anime tbh.
Jul 20, 2020 8:15 AM

Jan 2009
damn the none action parts have considerable drop in animation quality already but the action parts are awesome sakuga though

and getting philosophical eh with darwinism

Jul 20, 2020 8:17 AM
Nov 2019
the episode had me at the edge of my seat the whole time even though I know what's going to happen which shows how awesome it is in my opinion 10/10 for sure.
Jul 20, 2020 8:18 AM

Oct 2017
Oh boy Mira yoo, Daewi Han, Mori Jin fighting in one episode and all of em were hype. I specially loved the summoning effect they addes to Q's clown summon. This wasn't in the webtoon but looks cool af. Daewi's move was cool too. Obviously all three of our protagonists won their match and advances to the next round. Daewi's short backstory was nice too.
Jul 20, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2019
That animation was genuinely amazing. It’s what is carrying this show for me.

Starting to dislike this show overall though. It seems like this anime’s main purpose is for making cool fights rather telling an interesting story. Nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea.

I also felt that the moment between Jin and the master was kinda ruined with the whole stand ghost thing. That moment with Jin taking off his glasses was so badass but then out of nowhere this thing just randomly appears and ruins all my appreciation of the moment.
Jul 20, 2020 8:25 AM

Nov 2018
I'm really enjoying this adaptation so far and animation hasn't stopped being good yet and this is living up to the hype still.

The episode really did go by fast and there were a few fights that happened. Mira went up against this weird American girl named Mah Miseon who entered the tournament for some interesting reasons lets just say and she also knew wrestling moves.

Han Daewi was able to take down Baek Seung-Chul and this fight shows that he can face any kind of strength and still be able to deal with his opponent which he did so in a flashy way. The action in this fight was well done and fast-paced.

After Jin Mori interfered with that match last episode he had to defeat Commissioner Q which at the end we saw him do with ease which just shows what Jin is capable of.

The action and choreography of the fights and animation, in general, are top-notch. The fight do go by really fast but I think it works out with this anime. If you like an action-based show that shows off quick and detailed fighting then this anime is perfect for that.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 20, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
This moment added with the ost were pretty hype inducing.
https://streamable.com/go4i0u
Jul 20, 2020 8:30 AM
Jul 2020
yo that was amazing. I havent read the manga so I wasn't sure what was gonna happen to him, but it was expected... nobody would kill off the mc in the third episode.
Jul 20, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Man I'm so happy Mori just has that likeable MC charm with a bit of badassery mixed in. Mira And Daewi fight looked so good and the fight styles showed are so fluid
Jul 20, 2020 8:32 AM
Nov 2019
Manh had really high hopes for goh adaptation thinking it would turn out good unlike tog but now the music for fights feels simple
Though daewi’s fight was a banger
And bruh they did really just change the whole mori meeting bongchim as well as mira vs mah outcome
At this rate they gonna wrap up till the ragnarok arc in just 2 seasons
Love the animation as well as the ost
*Spoilers*
Though the pacing is way too fast like its just episode 3 and they already showed the faint memories of jaecheondaeseong when in webtoon its after 100chaps
Jul 20, 2020 8:43 AM
Apr 2018
Gotta love every episode of GOH great action and fights as always.

Were getting more mysteries after each episode like that fog which i am assuming is charyeok. Also mysteries about who Jin Mori really is.
I have heard the pacing is blistering fast and it does look to be this way in the first 3 episodes.
Jul 20, 2020 8:46 AM

Dec 2019

So it's the same type of Stand as Death 13
Jul 20, 2020 8:49 AM

Feb 2019
There seems to be some supernatural elements but they are so random that it doesn't even make sense especially that stand at the last. I hope they explain it or else this series got nothing other than sakuga going for it.

Well, the trio won their matches. I was hoping for a long match between mori and commissioner tho.
Jul 20, 2020 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
Damn.. that was one good episode.
Jin: Take of your glasses. lol
What was that fruit? Is Park Mujin testing Mori? Well good overall.
Jul 20, 2020 8:55 AM
Dec 2018
I´m 10 minutes in and have to say, another atrocius looking episode. Pretty awful
Jul 20, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2009
Ah we missed Daewi's Fourth Stance when Seungchul prematurely downed himself, I don't read the source material but have encountered the Four Gods/Guardians/Heavenly Beasts/etc severarl times over in many anime already so The Fourth Stance was gonna be Azure/Blue Dragon, right? Anyway it seems to have manifested in Mori's recovery.

Is Jin Taejin Mori's grandpa?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 20, 2020 8:58 AM
Jun 2020
Ooo, it's veering off the order of the manhwa now. I don't mind it, at all. The first two episode I was looking at it through 'manhwa reader' eyes and was a bit put off but now it's starting to get good. I was a bit thrown off at times when they started referring to characters that would definitely not be referred to at this time, but now I think it's to pull anime watchers into the story more. Reorganising the story so the pacing isn't so slow, but we can all agree now, that it's a bit too fast now haha. Overall, I'm excited for what's to come but also, some people need to give this series a break, does every new anime adaptation have to be the second coming of jesus?
Jul 20, 2020 9:01 AM
Nov 2019
The Commissioner just pulled out a fucking Stand
Jul 20, 2020 9:04 AM
Dec 2019
You ever have those anime where you watch the first three episodes and know that it is probably going to blow you away? This is the feeling this show is giving me right now. I was never a massive fan of fighting and martial arts in general, let alone in anime, but wow this is shaping up to be an amazing series.

I love the animation during the fights and the action scenes! They are so well done and I hope that they continue to be just as awesome if not even better! In this episode, Han's fight has got to be the best. He was amazing!

I think that there is and is gonna be a lot of unanswered questions from the past three episodes and the next few, and tbh, im liking the drama and secretive aspect of it all. Like, what happened to Jin? Why did a random monster pop up out of nowhere? I also don't think we have seen the best parts of the characters yet, and I kinda hope they do a bit more development as them as a group.

Also, was it just me or did Jin seem to get stronger after the incident with the fruit? Or do you think he was always that strong (to take down a commissioner with a slight push) but he just never showed it? Either way it was a badass move, and I honestly love him. He's cute and bubbly with a confident side!
Jul 20, 2020 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
Imagination male harem look nice, regrettable that they're just one time characters... wait, why do they look like commissioners? OMG They're commissioners and the red hair guy is shirtless, showing his perfect body! Now that's the reward I want if I join the tournament!
Jul 20, 2020 9:13 AM

Sep 2019
I love how i enjoyed the daewi fight more than any fight from naruto shippuden

5/5 episode
Jul 20, 2020 9:16 AM
Dec 2018
finished the episode and it got even worse.

I truly hope there are people out there who can find enjoyment in this thing.

But for an action anime, i need:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
not reused footage from the anime in the Opening
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it
Jul 20, 2020 9:18 AM
Oct 2015
Webtoon Readers gonna complain its not following the source but why do we always think of that as a bad thing? I personally prefer how its been adapted so far, interested to see how this ends. 10/10 :)
Jul 20, 2020 9:20 AM
Oct 2019
Another good episode from GOH
The fight between Yoo Mira and reverse-Harmen Ma Miseon was interesting- pitying a skilled Pro wrestler who clearly has trained her body to its limit that is that strong against Mira who is practically a human sword. Mira can wield her whole body like a sword which makes her more dangerous than I thought!

Finally, we got to see that Han Daewi main motivating for competing for his friend’s treatment. Showing that behind this mysterious and distant persona his is just a kind and warm guy trying to help his friend battling with an illness

Han Daewi fight show again how kind Daewi is- in the middle of the fight with Baek Seungchul he tried to help him when slipped- this attribute might also be Daewi downfall. Han Daewi not only possesses PURE STRENGTH (his conditioned knuckles etc) but his determination to win and help his friend make his stronger but is a smart fighter- memorising Baek Seungchul attack timing with his own body and using that against his later!

Jin is a very chaotic and fun character who as his family motto goes ‘does want ever he wants’
There only confusing element is the mystic and supernatural aspect visible to the other character or is done for artistic value
Jul 20, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2019
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

this is some hot overhyped garbage right there, but again, if you arent very versed in behind the scenes stuff (animation, directing etc), i hope you can take your enjoyment out of it
Better animation XD? Better Studio XDDD?
Jul 20, 2020 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
1. Absolutely love the comedy in this episode
2. Breathtaking choreography
3. My love for Yoo-Mina is growing, I really hope that wooden katana gets replaced by a real one or something

1. Unrealistic use of a metal bat. I prefer the swing and smack than what was in this episode
2. Unrealistic use of fruits. Veggie based diets are not the best for fighters to replenish their body. This should be common knowledge to Jin but he eats the fruits regardless.

My biggest gripe had to be that ending. A demon just comes out of this guys mouth and Jin starts fighting with it. I don't know if it was made clear that demons would be involved in this but it should've been present in the first episode. The first episode (to me) demonstrates that GOH will be about hand to hand combat now I'm just learning demons are involved? Realism (in terms of fighting) just brought my scoring for GOH a little lower now until it gets explained.

Even then, the explanation has to be plausible.
Jul 20, 2020 9:29 AM

Apr 2020
Lol. I don't care about the animation but pacing was a bit too fast. Some scene popping out randomly. It seems like they'll really compress the 100 chapters into 13 episodes. Man. But, I enjoyed it, the action, a bit. Some dialouges are meh but enjoyable.
Jul 2018
not sure why everyone is praising the animation. I felt the cuts were too weird

Mar 2014
cythraul said:
There seems to be some supernatural elements but they are so random that it doesn't even make sense especially that stand at the last. I hope they explain it or else this series got nothing other than sakuga going for it.

Well, the trio won their matches. I was hoping for a long match between mori and commissioner tho.

This is my same complaint. I'm all for supernatural stuff but it has to be plausible in the realm of the story. 3 episodes in and nothing has been explained or even mentioned. Shit just came out of nowhere.
Jul 20, 2020 9:30 AM

Mar 2020
Ngl, the Han Daewi fight in this episode kind of makes me confident that Attack on Titan Season 4 might just be in good hands. The animation in fight scenes really is Sakuga. And seems like there's something more going on behind the scenes in relation to the tournament & its politics than what it shows up front.
Jul 20, 2020 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
Seems this episode getting more rushed than the previous episode.
Jul 20, 2020 9:36 AM
Apr 2019
MAPPA is flexing with those animations again. Han Daewi fight is an example that AOT will be sick this year.

For the adaptation:
Albeit that the adaptation skipped many chapters in manhwa, however they really nailed this. I hoped they just slow down a little bit here. They cram a lot of stuff in one episodes. But yeah, this is some good sh*t right there.
Jul 20, 2020 9:41 AM

Sep 2018
So was that a stand, and so IS THAT A MUTHA FUCKING JOJO’S REFERENCE. Still I think this anime is amazing, can not wait for future episodes.
Jul 20, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2020
Err... the ending of the episode was really weird.
But I'll ask the important question here: WHY EVERYBODY FIGHTS WEARING GLASSES??
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 20, 2020 9:47 AM

Dec 2017
The fights are relatively pleasant, but when the anime focus too much on that I feel a huge emptiness and an extreme discomfort. There are the design parts that I had already complained about in the comment of the first episode. And finally, the absurdities and internal inconsistencies that end the suspension of disbelief.

I couldn't help commenting on the nurse working in a miniskirt uniform, mini blouse, and long socks. The anime too adolescent, too absurd, too stupid.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 20, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 2020
Nainu_ said:
My goodness, the animation was magnificent. Didn't expect MAPPA to be this committed. A lil bit fast-paced again, but it is manageable.

That fight between Yoo Mira and Man Miseon was amazing. But Han Daewi and Baek Seungchul sold me out.
yeah I agree, I feel like if attack on titan has these levels of fights then people are gonna forget all about arafumi because keichiro wantanabe is better imo
Jul 20, 2020 9:50 AM

Aug 2012
good episode. what I wonder is if he would have won if the Park guy had not given him that fruit
Jul 20, 2020 9:51 AM
Apr 2019
CooLDuDe_103 said:
Ngl, the Han Daewi fight in this episode kind of makes me confident that Attack on Titan Season 4 might just be in good hands. The animation in fight scenes really is Sakuga. And seems like there's something more going on behind the scenes in relation to the tournament & its politics than what it shows up front.
Don't expect AOT to have same quality as GOHS cause both the shows have different staff.
Jul 20, 2020 9:51 AM
Jul 2020
They're kinda straying away from the source material with the whole "fruit" thing but that's okay the animation is fantastic and the show overall is great
Jul 20, 2020 9:52 AM
Jul 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
CooLDuDe_103 said:
Don't expect AOT to have same quality as GOHS cause both the shows have different staff.
you shouldn't have been worried in the first place mappa is a really good studio, not to mention they're 70% madhouse
Jul 20, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2020
kaiser17 said:
not sure why everyone is praising the animation. I felt the cuts were too weird
everyone's praising it because it's fucking fantastic. Can't wait for Juijutsu kaisen and attack on titan
Jul 20, 2020 9:55 AM
Jun 2020
DruMzTV said:

Better pacing
Better directing
Better animation
Higher frame-rate
Better visuals
Better Studio
Better character designs
Less blandness
Higher budget
Better Story in general
Better effect animation
better SFX

Exact representation of people who expect every hyped anime to be the second coming of jesus. Just say you don't like it because it isn't your thing, like wtf is this shit. You're judging the whole story based on 3 episodes... man, later on you people will look like complete idiots. The only two I'll agree with you is better pacing and not reusing footage for OP (which is tiny cause the OP is about over 1m long compared to the 25m episode).
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

288 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Mar 14, 12:55 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

487 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Mar 14, 12:30 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.