Forum Settings
Forums

Escapism - Is the anime and manga industry apathetic to world affairs?

New
Jul 18, 2020 12:42 PM
Aug 2013
Is escapism the core of the industry and not real world issues. I don't even know whether there is a manga detailing the wars, social ills or other political upheaval facing the earth. Is the industry apathetic to reality? Or is escapism content more commercially viable?
UknwWhuJul 18, 2020 12:46 PM
Jul 18, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2019
I wouldn’t call the industry ‘apathetic’ to global issues. It’s just that the anime/manga industry is first and foremost an entertainment media industry, and real world problems just don’t sell for good entertainment. So if anything, blame the audience.

One other thing to consider is the rise of cancel culture. One wrong step on a hot topic issue could mean instant death in the industry, even in Japan. So I’m sure big producers often want to stay away from anything too relevant.
Jul 18, 2020 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Last time we did this to an entertainment industry it was Hollywood and it became an SJW snoozefest.
Jul 18, 2020 2:56 PM

Mar 2015
UknwWhu said:
Is escapism the core of the industry and not real world issues. I don't even know whether there is a manga detailing the wars, social ills or other political upheaval facing the earth. Is the industry apathetic to reality? Or is escapism content more commercially viable?

There are definitely anime and manga that detail wars, natural disasters, etc., but as PerfectAzul said, it can become extremely controversial. Most of the time, when the authors take a stab at something, it is covered up by a metaphor or implied. I also think it is demographic thing because people are unlikely to pick a political manga unless its sprinkled it (in a non-serious way)
Jul 18, 2020 2:57 PM
Apr 2017
In recent times, many shows tried to encourage the watchers to socialize more, and to spread awareness of social anxiety.
Oregairu, is an example of that.
Jul 18, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Not even American animation does it. Even the shock factor from depicting the raw reality of war, abuse and racism would be out of the question since it would lose money and cause reactions.

In fact one movie that did it best, Breadwinner, was a European-Canadian production that have a better tradition in those movies.
Jul 18, 2020 4:24 PM

Aug 2018
While I wouldn't say they're the norm, there are definitely shows that deal with such themes. A lot of the more political stuff is aimed at issues that are somewhat more prevalent in Japan like the declining birthrate, its xenophobic approach towards immigration or the rising NEET population.
BebopHakushoJul 18, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 18, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2018
I'm not sure if I understood correctly but even animes like One Piece ( theoretically aimed for young viewers) have a lot of themes like slavery, racial discrimination or discrimination overall, social inequality, politics, etc.
Jul 18, 2020 4:38 PM

May 2019
"wars, social ills or other political upheaval facing the earth"

LOL

You mean, in the mentality of westerners millennials and zoomers and their "1st world problems".

In Asia, thankfully, this collective stupidity did not arrived. They are like in 80's, focused in economy, work, money, rather than "social issues".

And brace yourselves, we are seeing the second fall of western world, just like happened before the middle ages. It IS a great moment to be alive, nobody should complain of boringness.

Rob7Jul 18, 2020 4:55 PM
Jul 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
UknwWhu said:

Animation is consumed mainly as a form of entertainment and, since escapism is something that makes people happy, it is destined to have a lot of escapism. Escapism, however, is not in all shows or present at all the time. Even Chunibiyou is, at times, a show that asks to many to look inside themselves.

To answer if escapism makes up the majority of the industry we need to analyze and measure the proportion of how much escapism is in each show in the industry agains't how many times it talks about the big political problems happening to most of us; and, unfortunately, we don't have this data.

Now, are the people behind the industry mostly apathetic? It is hard to say: The world is a cruel place and artists know this, many of them make art that ignores this reality or ends up in happy endings but, even if some of them just don't care about the ploblems of Japan and the world another bunch of them does and just chose to make shows that ignore it because they want to relieve the pain of those who watch the shows. These people are not apathetic, but empathetic.

(Also the same goes for western animation, I know this is an anime website but it is strange how we never talk about the very similar industry even when the topic is something that has barely anything to do with Japanese culture)

PS: Sorry if it was hard to read, I'm not a native speaker and I'm pretty sure that text was understandable but I migth be supa wrong.
N04L1TYJul 18, 2020 5:43 PM
heh.
Jul 18, 2020 5:33 PM

Jan 2018
good storytelling doesnt try to force politics on you .
Jul 18, 2020 5:37 PM
May 2015
Bro, if you're looking for something that actually depicts "wars, social ills or other political upheaval facing the earth" type of shit, then this ain't the right medium for you. Video Games, Anime, and in some cases TV shows are SIMPLY ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. You can also call these mediums a form of "escapism" because that is what they are. Whenever I sit down and watch anime or play video games, I mostly don't want to see the shit that you just mentioned, unless they're part of the story that the developer is trying to portray.

The industry is not being "apathetic" to the real world issues. It's just not their job to show that shit. If you want something that actually shows reality then there's the news for you like Fox News, CNN and whatnot. Those will be entertaining for you.
jc9622Jul 18, 2020 5:41 PM

Jul 18, 2020 5:38 PM
Jun 2017
wars... there are plenty of anime and manga with nazi and cold war themes. Witch burnings, the crusades, the horrors that were considered part of normal life during the dark ages is quite the common topic. Both sides of touchy issues are also common in anime, even the confliction of legal and illegal slavery in a time of great strife, does legality make it right? (legal slavery is when POWs or criminals are made into slaves, those who would have been on death row anyways, while any other form of slavery is illegal)

Social ills... you mean heavy amounts of corruption that leads to the mistreatment of the lower class? Hell, that's the main theme of Attack on Titans x.O; Go watch Library Wars, it'll be rather enlightening as to just how deep anime is willing to go

political upheavals going on in the world... so exactly where in Japan is that happening -.- cuz yeah, that's where the VAST majority of anime is produced and are the target audience for their content.

The anime industry is as popular as it is because it throws up a middle finger to all the SJW bullshit. Hollywood has been fizzling out for a long time, as the only block busters that still make bank are either animated or marvel/DC movies. Places like the US has gotten so used to mediocrity that they forgot it's possible to make a piece of art without it being about some sort of social issue that has long since been cleansed. I'm still waiting for the movie about police being brutally beaten or whites being suppressed for their skin color. Dear god, I don't think we are ready for that kind of truth x.x
Jul 18, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
gundam or mecha shows in general for wars and politics

recency bias says Trigger studio have done some like
Promare for example deals with discrimination
Brand New Animal deals with discrimination, cultural conflict and social conflict and multiculturalism
Jul 18, 2020 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
CuteAssTiger said:

Yes it doesn't force it but it totally can talk about it, you just gave death note a 10 and it is all about the morality of enforcing death on people, you know, like the very political discussion happening rigth now about if the death penality is moral or not.
heh.
Jul 18, 2020 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
Attack on Titan is about globalists vs nationalists well in the final arc that is
Jul 18, 2020 5:42 PM
Jun 2017
jc9622 said:
Bro, if you're looking for something that actually depicts "wars, social ills or other political upheaval facing the earth" type of shit, then this ain't the right medium for you. Video Games, Anime, and in some cases TV shows are SIMPLY ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. You can also call these mediums a form of "escapism" because that is what they are. Whenever I sit down and watch anime or play video games, I mostly don't want to see the shit that you just mentioned, unless they're part of the story that the developer is trying to portray.

If you want something that shows reality then there's the news for you like Fox News, CNN and whatnot.

the last time the news ever depicted reality was when stations like CNN didn't exist x.x Now a day they are propaganda networks that border on soviet russia and north korea level corruption.
Jul 18, 2020 5:48 PM
May 2015
guestkun said:
jc9622 said:

If you want something that shows reality then there's the news for you like Fox News, CNN and whatnot.

the last time the news ever depicted reality was when stations like CNN didn't exist x.x Now a day they are propaganda networks that border on soviet russia and north korea level corruption.
I sort of agree with you...News outlet these days only care about showing news that benefits them and their target audience. Although, the propaganda that you mentioned ain't as bad as NK or CH's media, in my opinion. This is an anime site though so I'd rather not discuss my views on mass media outlets.

Jul 18, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is about politics and wars too i heard
Jul 18, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2018
Bob-o-Dominador said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Yes it doesn't force it but it totally can talk about it, you just gave death note a 10 and it is all about the morality of enforcing death on people, you know, like the very political discussion happening rigth now about if the death penality is moral or not.

good point
surely they can talk about anything but sometimes ist kind of slippery slope

it something different to talk about morality and specifically politics .
morality is more something deeply philosophical.

another important factor is that death note doesnt try to force any world view onto you.
it lays out a situation and lets the viewer decide what they think about.
and modifies that situation and asks again.

most storys that try to get a political message across dont really do that .
they try to convince you that one thing is good or another thing is bad.

Jul 18, 2020 6:40 PM

Oct 2010
People here talking about war, macroeconomics and global sociopolitical matters and me coming here with the growing amount of shows with nontraditional gender performances and LGBT visibility, which is also political. Lovely how people say that anime doesn't care about "SJW shit" when even a harmless fantasy CGDCT show throws a jab at the laws against same-sex marriage.

It may be true that the anime industry became less aware of the global issues and focused more on the aspects within the Japanese society, but it hasn't stopped dealing with political themes in its own way.
Jul 18, 2020 6:51 PM

Oct 2015
Ah, the classic "It's just entertainment dude. Don't shove politics down our throats!" schtick, not realizing that a work can be made both to entertain and be particularly political, the users in question probably aren't aware of inventions such as "political thrillers. political satire, or anything that deals with any social problem whatsoever"
Jul 18, 2020 7:25 PM

May 2013
UknwWhu said:

Escapism is more commercially viable because the consumer base for such forms of media is apathetic.

Thus, there is no need for shooing off the consumer by dressing the whole thing with themes that are prevalent in RL. Furthermore, it's also bolstered by the not-so-charming work/life culture that Japan has. The last thing people want shoved down their throats is something they already know from news and the internet. Instead they would want to watch something that relieves stress.

This isn't to say there aren't any shows. There are many, but they often go under the radar. If anything, I'd say Legend of Galactic Heroes is a fine example which tries to include such themes. There's some Mobile Suit Gundam works as well. Manga-wise, Oyasumi PunPun is a work that tackles social withdrawal and depression. Even a short hentai manga like Henshin has something to ponder about when it comes to drug abuse.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 18, 2020 7:45 PM

May 2018
Animanga usually does not depict those things in the same format as books and specialized articles and magazines, for instance, but they definitely have some good social commentary, at least the good ones. So I wouldn't say animanga is entirely alienated from the world, it's just not the intent to show some crude representation of it.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jul 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Oct 2017
I really have a bad time learning about this stuff that keeps being posted here, seems like some people just desperately need to have a superior reason to watch cartoons.

Anime are just cartoons, you watch cartoons to have some form of entertainment, dunno what it's so complicate about that.

Jul 18, 2020 9:01 PM

Dec 2012
Heimur said:
I really have a bad time learning about this stuff that keeps being posted here, seems like some people just desperately need to have a superior reason to watch cartoons.

Anime are just cartoons, you watch cartoons to have some form of entertainment, dunno what it's so complicate about that.
While anime is entertaining, I would say that's not its main focus by and large. Anime is an art form that invokes a myriad of thoughts and emotions. It expresses perspectives on the human condition in a way that something such as the Super Bowl or nonsensical cat videos does not.

As for the OP, I'll just leave this quote from the legend who wrote something far more real than reality itself.
Jul 18, 2020 9:01 PM

Oct 2017
Anime and manga deal with environmental issues, racism, imperialism, demographic crisis, sexism/gender issues, civil strife etc. There are plenty of titles on these topics. For goodness sake I have seen hentai touch on relevant social issues. You should specify what you mean by this because objectively there are tons.

In large sure escapism is going to be more attractive and I think in general a lot of people come here partially because that is what they are looking for but fact is again often by usually nuance there are plenty of commentaries on society and politics within the medium.

I just don't get what discussion you are trying to start here because your premise is acting like the medium doesn't have plenty of this when it does.
BilboBaggins365Jul 19, 2020 12:37 AM
Jul 18, 2020 10:25 PM

Jun 2017
Bayek said:
As for the OP, I'll just leave this quote from the legend who wrote something far more real than reality itself.

Time to be nitpicking - that is not really by JRRT. Here is an article tracing the quotation to its actual source (fantasy author U. K. Le Guin).

But back to the OP: it depends on where you are looking, and certainly you can't give an all-encompassing answer. If you take any real social issue Japan has at present, and see throughout the whole spectrum of anime (not only one genre, demographic, or studio) what anime creators are saying about it, you immediately find all kinds of responses.
Take just one easy example - Japan's relationship with WW2. It's clearly a subject that is very much alive, even after 75 years: WW2-themed anime crop up regularly every couple of years, and go from series that could be regarded as utterly escapist, like GuP or Strike Witches, to movies with a serious commitment to coping with the scars left by the war, like Grave of the Fireflies, In This Corner of the World, or The Wind Rises - each in its own way looking at the horrors of history fully in the face. There's no way one can cover all these with a generalization.

Jul 19, 2020 6:00 AM

Mar 2018
Quite a few anime shows and movies tackle relevant issues. 3-Gatsu no Lion deals with depression and bullying. So does Koe no Katachi and Mob Psycho 100 too (I think... Haven't really watched that much of that show yet) Zankyou no Terror was flawed but dealt with terrorism. So did Psycho-Pass and Ghost in the Shell. A lot of movies deal with war and its consequences. If you are searching for strong female characters who try to deal with male idiots you are better served with quite a few kdrama shows but I am sure there are also Animes that I don't know that deal with that.
Jul 19, 2020 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
Now I am watching Megu-Chan and one episode deals with a suicidal teen as he seriously tries to commit suicide 3 times. Great topic for an anime aimed at girls! While another episode shows the bombings of Tokyo and in another à boy is torturing animals. Who knows what else lies ahead in this series that was also ahead of its time

At a time when Scooby Doo was popular elsewhere.
Jul 19, 2020 6:27 AM

Jun 2020
Stop trying to find realism in anime. "War, social ills or other political upheaval" Are your fucking kidding me?

I don't want any of that shit in anime, NEVER. If that happens then I'm waging war against Japan's Anime Industry. But I believe that Japanese Otaku culture aren't like the rest of the idiots of these world. They will never let that happen.

Just like @RadarDuker said, we already saw it happen in Hollywood movies. Now it's a SJW battleground, they have taken over American entertainment to shove political correctness down our throat. I also agree with @guestkun that Anime industry is so popular because they don't give a shit about SJW and all these bullshit. Some people are still trying to "correct" the anime industry for their poor view of certain group of people (No names mentioned). All I wanna say is leave them alone. It's Japan's work and I think Westerners shouldn't meddle in with their bullshit view of the world.

Anime does cover some real world issues like bullying, depression, war, but in a different way unlike Western media. They don't shove it down our throats with fake information and political correctness. Japan's way of doing everything is different from what other people try to do. It is one of the reasons why I like Japan, it's because they don't care, they don't want to care. That's what I like. I hope Japan and everything about it stays the way it is, forever.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 19, 2020 6:40 AM

Dec 2009
Escapism nor World Issues are the core part of the Anime/Manga Industry.

It's core is business entertainment. For money.
Most of the audience is kids and teenagers, which is why there's more simple or generic comedy and action over more complex stories.

In some stories of anime or manga there are some if not a lot of aspects to relatable issues of people and/or the world but it's never fully of the world's current problems.

There may be a message through fiction of the plots and characters but never directly expressing as the real world now.

For example. Anime/Manga stories do have stories or aspects of bullying, rape, murder, grief, sexism, sexual harassment, depression, unemployment, war, and conspiracy but ... either in its own form there's a learning message of either growth for the better or simple reality of it existing and maybe sometimes a hidden message to historic or recent issues in their time of production but... rarely if ever a direct attack to the world.
At least, I don't think it's ever for political wars. I don't think story writers or fans care of a story relating to flawed education systems, bad presidents, etc. ... or rather it's extremely rare to relay into a story because most people don't have the thought or imagination for it.

In any case, it definitely isn't its core. Maybe from the creator's (mangaka/writer) perspective, their story is partly intended to express their source of entertainment as an escapism or a message to the world but it isn't the industry's intention. The industry is only working for money for the most part.
Jul 19, 2020 6:44 AM

Sep 2009
Promised Neverland manga has a page (small part) on world affairs: Riots & Coronavirus
Jul 19, 2020 6:52 AM
Jun 2020
It depends on why you watch anime.If you want to find realism in anything your attention will simply be in finding that realism unless that anime doesn't have any but almost every great anime does.Any dark anime or even if it's not dark can have it's themes and subject matter be an allegory to real world affairs
Jul 19, 2020 7:38 AM

Oct 2019
Beastars for example got a pretty obvious message on masculinity and privilege, and even the most popular shows like My Hero Academia and One Piece got some amount of politics in them.

But even then I think that they put first and foremost the escapism aspects (cool super powers, drama, fights, quirky characters and etc...) but that doesn't mean that they are completely apathetic.
Jul 19, 2020 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
You have A LOT of anime in your list which is inspired by politics and other social issues lol
Jul 19, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2018
Idk you tell me.

Look, how can it be apathy just because it's escapist? In some context, sure, but like that line of thought can't be comprehensively rationalized.

In the end, it's entertainment. Sure I do share the same hatred for the ideas of escapism with you myself (at least that's what I interpret from your question). But as long as it's entertaining, I find it okay, be it realism or escapism. Implementing some global ordeals as social commentaries doesn't mean it will be entertaining. Of course I know you're not looking for entertainment, but well, others do.

Conclusively, realism is cool, escapism sucks fucking ass, like fuck escapists man they're dragging shit down. But well, if it's entertainment then who tf cares.
. . .
Jul 19, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Older anime were definitely more political. Eg late 60s-70s Attack no 1 added issues like the Kenya Independence and racism in the USA as one episode takes place in a slum in New York where a black national team player lives with her young brother. Such things did not exist in the manga at all.
Rascal Raccoon has also one episode where a black boxer visits the house of the mc,which also did not exist in the novel.

I shudder to think what huge reactions this would cause today.
Jul 19, 2020 5:22 PM

May 2009
UknwWhu said:
You probably haven't familiarized yourself with enough manga and anime.

Grave of the Fireflies is a pretty well known tragedy, and is set in the Second World War. Various series including Guilty Crown and Code Geass have a premise of championing Japanese sovereignty against oppressors. Tokyo Magnitude 8 is about an earthquake, while Coppelion is about life after a nuclear disaster. And I haven't watched/read Sazae-san but according to Wikipedia the title character is a feminist who was involved in a women's liberation group; that series has been ongoing since the 60s. And if you search the database you'll find that George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump, have appeared in manga, and off the top of my head I can think of at least one instance where a knockoff-name version of one of these people was used. And those are US presidents...meanwhile, I at least know of a mention of a Japanese prime minister in a famous scene in Azumanga Daioh.

And this isn't counting more subtle or on-the-side use of themes, such the dystopian world of Under the Dog, or the (rather blatant, and used for drama) discrimination against the cursed children in Black Bullet.

(And this isn't even counting the variety of shows that pretty directly comment on, often poking fun at or otherwise uncharitably portraying, otakus and their stereotypes.)
GlennMagusHarveyJul 19, 2020 5:25 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 19, 2020 5:27 PM

Aug 2017
Some world affairs are pretty interesting except SJW themes. For example, I liked when in Kiznaiver they made fun of feminism in one scene since its really most ppl think. I prefer that anime should avoid world affairs cuz its are pretty gray area.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2020 5:46 PM

Mar 2019
Miyazaki and his works were anti-war stories that he made from his experience during the WWII, obviously the anime or any work don't exempt from anything.
Jul 19, 2020 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
Older anime were definitely more political, even touching global themes. Eg late 60s-70s Attack no 1 added issues like the Kenya Independence and racism in the USA as one episode takes place in a slum in New York where a black national team player lives with her young brother. Such things did not exist in the manga at all.
Rascal Raccoon has also one episode where a black boxer visits the house of the mc,which also did not exist in the novel.

Jul 19, 2020 10:45 PM

Apr 2015
Anime does delve into national affairs (global affairs much less so) from time to time. Last year, Babylon dealt with the ethics and laws regarding suicide. Back in 2017, Sakura Quest dealt with the ramifications of urban migration; rural communities hemorrhaging people and dwindling economies all across Japan. I am curious if more series in the future will touch upon other societal issues like population decline in Japan or rural decline like Sakura Quest.

Though I somewhat understand why such problems aren't tackled too seriously in most shows; we're getting bombarded with tons of terrible news and events every day that most feel powerless to do anything about. There are issues present in the societies presented by anime. However, the difference is that the main characters usually have the power and unbreakable will to make and succeed at bring about their desired changes. The problems are simplified as well; sometimes beating one big bad can change everything. What takes thousands of people (perhaps millions) to do in the real world, some characters can do solo or with their small crew.
Jul 19, 2020 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
UknwWhu said:
You probably haven't familiarized yourself with enough manga and anime.

Grave of the Fireflies is a pretty well known tragedy, and is set in the Second World War. Various series including Guilty Crown and Code Geass have a premise of championing Japanese sovereignty against oppressors. Tokyo Magnitude 8 is about an earthquake, while Coppelion is about life after a nuclear disaster. And I haven't watched/read Sazae-san but according to Wikipedia the title character is a feminist who was involved in a women's liberation group; that series has been ongoing since the 60s. And if you search the database you'll find that George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump, have appeared in manga, and off the top of my head I can think of at least one instance where a knockoff-name version of one of these people was used. And those are US presidents...meanwhile, I at least know of a mention of a Japanese prime minister in a famous scene in Azumanga Daioh.

And this isn't counting more subtle or on-the-side use of themes, such the dystopian world of Under the Dog, or the (rather blatant, and used for drama) discrimination against the cursed children in Black Bullet.

(And this isn't even counting the variety of shows that pretty directly comment on, often poking fun at or otherwise uncharitably portraying, otakus and their stereotypes.)
+1

This is a pretty good comment. A lot of anime already includes themes related to the real world. Every work of fiction is based on real-life, so there's no possible way that anime would be detached from it to such a degree as to never make any messages dealing with the real world.
For example, I noticed that anime tends to have characters comment on suicide. You'll have stuff like Yato from Noragami plainly seething contempt to those who commit the act(as can be seen in episode 3). I also remember Durarara being something that depicts suicide as something that the person committing it doesn't actually want(i.e Izaya's speech in episode 2). Which is an opinion that The Fruit of Grisaia had in episode 5. Not saying for sure, the person behind the show views suicide that way as a whole, but they had characters committing suicide depicted in that way which could be interpreted with that message.

As far as world affairs go and political stuff Hetalia is full of it.

My point is that real-world issues are a common talking point in anime. Name me an anime, and I can probably name an IRL issue it was based on or addressed. There might be some expectations, but likely, a show would have social commentary of some kind in there even if I can't put my finger exactly on it. For example, a lot of fantasy anime is about the differences in wealth in comparison to the working class and the ruling class. Akame ga Kill would be a good example, as they tackle political corruption and dictatorship as issues. Thus, we have leads who fight tooth and nail to bring down a monarch that tortures its own people and bring down the greedy higher-ups as the main premise of the show explained by MAL(https://myanimelist.net/anime/22199/Akame_ga_Kill?q=Akam)
This is in no way detached from the real world and is a political message about the evils of a bad monarch society.

More topics from this board

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
3 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

18 by MichaelJackson »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 33 minutes ago

6 by Toooooooooohru »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

71 by AleMiranda »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.