Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 18, 2020 9:48 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So basically uncle's sword skill was grandfather's paradox... interesting. Cries. RIP Bercuolli, but also rip Fanatio -- left for Quinella. You were to good for him haha. I'm surprised I cried as hard as I did for him, when he really just left like that. I'm glad Alice felt his warmth before he left. She's felt so much loss.

Also I know the concept of fluctlights is like the whole concept of Alicitization, but can we just point out that based on the theory that they can back up Kirito's fluctlight -- then we can backup Eugeo's? Also, it sounds like he's not soulless, but just as one would expect truly traumatized at losing his friend? Or are we going to pretend all of that is null.

Also let's not talk about -- even though I know Leafa and Asuna would agree to help Kirito in an instant -- they really didn't give the scientific consent/signature to get their fluctlight copied

I still don't understand why Leafa was the only one spawned outside of the expected zone.
Jul 18, 2020 9:54 PM
Jan 2016
So much feel in this eps, it's an honour to see a warrior like Bercouli fight till the end, and even killed the Underworld Emperor. I am happy to see his relation with the Administrator wasn't broke even though he already knew that his boss wasn't a good person, haha. Poor Alice, poor Fanatio, but as it said, "What doesn't kill you make you stronger." And wow, they didn.t need Kirito to kill the Emperor, but the real problem starts now, with GGO account they'll be more adapted and maybe stronger than before, because although they have already have superpowers with the Emperor's account and the General's account, they weren't adapted to it yet, but with his GGO account, they'll be more dangerous.
Jul 18, 2020 10:41 PM
Apr 2018
My man Bercouli got Fanatio "System Call: Impreggor 100%", dies and off to smash Administrator in the afterlife. Man of culture right there
one_rhythmJul 19, 2020 2:58 AM
Jul 18, 2020 11:35 PM

Sep 2019
Both animation and SFX of this cour are fantastic, however, the pacing is somewhat way too fast...
Jul 18, 2020 11:44 PM
Jul 2019
RIP Bercouli, you're the MVP. He even got one last release inside Fanatio. "I just slashed your past." That's one awesome line.

Animation is godlike. They finally put that SAO money into good use.

What's that OST in the beginning of Ocean Turtle? I've heard the original a lot yet I can't remember the name.
Jul 18, 2020 11:58 PM

Jul 2008
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this and also for anyone that missed the reference: the account Vecta/Miller gave his subordinate is for Subtilizer (the cursive is difficult to read when they flash the account name, but that’s it). If that rings a bell, it’s because way back in the beginning of Alicization when Sinon and Kirito were talking about the latest BoBs in the cafe, Sinon recalls how terrifying the winner was and remembers him creepily mentioning how souls taste. So Vecta’s new account being transferred over is none other than the winner of the latest Bullet of Bullets (he also happened to win the 1st one as well but didn’t take participate in the 3rd BoB that Kirito paired up with Sinon for.
Jul 19, 2020 12:19 AM

Nov 2016
so using memories really equals power of friendship bs. (even though still going to watch) cant they just restore npc's at the end or cause of fluctlight science or whatever they cant
Jul 19, 2020 12:50 AM

Jul 2016
They nailed the episode although kinda fast one. Nothing to worry now, the reinforcements are here, not only ALO players but also GGO players. If you're wondering where are the GGO players, they run pass at the back of Sakuya while talking. Even Eiji of Ordinal Scale was there, the one with chequered scarf showing his back.

Finally the Rath staffs are on the moved, a way to recover Kirito, backup of his fluctlight using the the three girls connected in STL. Kinda like Shigemura's plan on reviving Yuna using memories of SAO players. How thoughtful of Yanai to accompany Higa.

Oh damn the Bercouli vs Vecta fight was a sakugafest indeed. Good job A1 staffs, especially to Kanno and Waki, they really outdid themselves with the fight. I just really hope next major fights will be like this.

Bercouli such a badass old man with badass dragon.
Jul 19, 2020 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Every swordman gangster until Bercouli starts saying he was the bone of his Time-Piercing Sword.

Next time on Sword Art Online : Subtilizer arrived !!
Jul 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Nov 2019
HeroSoulReaperX said:
so using memories really equals power of friendship bs. (even though still going to watch) cant they just restore npc's at the end or cause of fluctlight science or whatever they cant

The STL uses the system of fluctlights. And these are a sort of data. So every memory of Kirito is saved like a data in the fluctlights of the 3 goddesses and a certain someone else. So unlike something like, let's say, Fairy Tail, this is actually logical and explained.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jul 19, 2020 2:49 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was definitely a good one.. loved the Bercouli vs Vector fight. Question though: if Vector's avatar was killed does that mean when he logs in again he won't have god tier powers like before?
Jul 19, 2020 3:10 AM
Sep 2019
niroboy119 said:
This episode was definitely a good one.. loved the Bercouli vs Vector fight. Question though: if Vector's avatar was killed does that mean when he logs in again he won't have god tier powers like before?
his ggo account is also overpowered af , its like as strong as the vecta account
Jul 19, 2020 3:11 AM

Jun 2017
I find it fitting that the villain of the underworld, Vector was killed by Bercouli - the hero. Sure Gabriel went back in with a different account but Bercouli fulfilled his role as the leader of integrity knights. The dark territory forces need not obey Gabriel anymore because they won't recognise him as their god.
That was quite the sakuga we got. Glad that they went all out. Been waiting to see this fight animated since years. I hope they won't skip any important introductions or monologues in the future episodes. It would make a great deal of difference how this season would be received.

Fanatio and Bercouli having a thing for each other was hinted several times in the tower climbing arc and war of the underworld season 1. Rewatch these episodes if interested - (episode 15 and 18 of alicization season 1 and episode 5 of WoU).
Jul 19, 2020 3:24 AM

Feb 2017
Rob7 said:

Just like Bercouli defeated Vector.
"Fanatio... i've impregnated you.... from your past!"

That would be great.... XDDDD!
Jul 19, 2020 3:45 AM
Dec 2019
Okay this episode was really good imo. Bercouli's fight scene was genuinely amazing. And he fought till the very end. He fulfilled his purpose and im quite satisfied with the way his story ended.

Also, I love the idea of restoring Kirito's fluctlight with his image of himself in his best friends minds. Thats a beautiful idea and idk but I kinda like the cliche "we will bring you back with love" type thing.
Jul 19, 2020 4:12 AM
Aug 2018
Syureria said:
Maruseru93 said:
this weeks episode was pretty weak lets see what will appen next week
Isn't that battle is so amazing? Which part is weak? Maybe it's better if you watch it in HD instead of 144p.

"Which part is weak?" Literally every part but the fight. It really feels like spectacle at this point, with cgi armies just fighting each other instead of the more focused fights of mid last season, which I really enjoyed personally. I didnt mind the ocean turtle stuff I think its a nice way to bring back Kirito and enjoyed the fight and ending but it feels like they've completely abandoned the cast from last season for the harem. That isnt an issue on its own but this isnt their fight and they shouldn't be the focus, this is the fight for the people of the underworld, and it feels like they're being ignored now.
Bercoullis death in a way signifies the loss of relevance of the people of the underworld. I personally am not a big fan but idk maybe they'll impress me moving forward. So far I'd give this season like a 6/10, a big regression from last seasons 8, but will hold off giving it an official rating until we get more eps. Maybe people like this development in the story but I don't.
Jul 19, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2018
ShoriTora said:
"Which part is weak?" Literally every part but the fight. It really feels like spectacle at this point, with cgi armies just fighting each other instead of the more focused fights of mid last season, which I really enjoyed personally. I didnt mind the ocean turtle stuff I think its a nice way to bring back Kirito and enjoyed the fight and ending but it feels like they've completely abandoned the cast from last season for the harem. That isnt an issue on its own but this isnt their fight and they shouldn't be the focus, this is the fight for the people of the underworld, and it feels like they're being ignored now.
Bercoullis death in a way signifies the loss of relevance of the people of the underworld. I personally am not a big fan but idk maybe they'll impress me moving forward. So far I'd give this season like a 6/10, a big regression from last seasons 8, but will hold off giving it an official rating until we get more eps. Maybe people like this development in the story but I don't.
Let the Netizens judge, so the meaning is Alicization is fine but with this very popular in the Japanese market so people outside of Japan dislike this because they prefer Shounen over romantic and drama?
Jul 19, 2020 4:28 AM
Aug 2018
Syureria said:
ShoriTora said:
Let the Netizens judge, so the meaning is Alicization is fine but with this very popular in the Japanese market so people outside of Japan dislike this because they prefer Shounen over romantic and drama?

...what?
Bro I just dont like the show lmao. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at around the middle, however if you're saying I prefer shonen over romance and drama etc that isnt the case. I'd say in terms of my favourites I have a wide range of different genres, and my issues with the series are more to do with the show itself rather than me disliking a genre connected to it.
Jul 19, 2020 6:05 AM
Oct 2018
I loved the 2nd episode. 1st was horrible, watching 1st made me wanted to discontinue but I wanted to try out 2nd episode and surprisingly it was good hope all the episodes remain like this or will be much better than this
and
PLEASE NO MORE RAPE SCENE YOU STUPID AUTHUR
Jul 19, 2020 7:09 AM
Apr 2020
Gave me shivers and chills everyone is coming in the underworld and I was still waiting for the guy with the fairy to arrive. It was a fire episode sadly F boy is going to wake up soon.

Bercouli fight was big W 10/10 art and animation so clean. He pulled a impressive card there.

BUT STILL IMMAGINE HAVING A HACK ACCOUNT AND LOSING TO A NPC Oh nonono...
Jul 19, 2020 8:44 AM
Sep 2018
The stuff happening in ocean turtle was interesting
the animation in the Bercouli fight blew me away
Jul 19, 2020 4:47 PM

Jul 2017
Another fire episode of SAO, and every episode is proving to one-up the competition in high stakes.

Everyone from the World Seed is summoned and that's a cool number to add into the Underworld fight. Not just SAO, but ALO as well.

Meanwhile the details of the Ocean Turtle aren't quite over yet as Higa has found a way to "resurrect" Kirito from his Fluctlight, but only time will tell if his small team is able to fend off the opposing forces, to which the re-summoning into the Underworld is possible for Vecta's death. One more account, and it's something that has struck immense fear within GGO.

Bernoculi's fight to the death with Vecta is easily the highlight of the episode. Slashing his past illusion when the time magic happened, at least he took a HUGE W within an L of his life, saving Alice from endless danger. Not to mention that sweet, striking animation from A-1 Pictures, you've done us all proud of SAO circa. 2012. His spirit departure with Administrator Quinella is one of the most memorable scenes of reconciliation.

RIP Integrity Commander Bernoculi Synthesis First. You will be dearly missed.
KANLen09Jul 19, 2020 5:15 PM
Jul 19, 2020 5:01 PM

Dec 2017
There was the part of the explanation that will culminate in the power of the harem to save Kirito, but the rest was so wonderful, it was so Sword Art Online. The graphics, the action and the dramatic space are just fantastic, that's what SAO is.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 19, 2020 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
niroboy119 said:

His GGO account , Subtilizer is even stronger than Vector to be honest , Solus (Sinon) vs Subtilizer will be hella fun
Jul 19, 2020 6:24 PM

Aug 2017
RIP Bercouli, u were a good and human character since I met u in Alicization. You gave a good fight and most important is that u were able to defeat Emperor Vector by sacrificing yourself. Kinda surprised that Fanatiois pregnant, I guess that both openings of War of Underwolrd spoiled me that.

In the meantime, I continue to praise that they still give importance to what happens in the real world.

THAT FIGHT WAS AMAZING, OHHHH, THE GODLIKE ANIMATION 10/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2020 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was shit as usual. The asspull of warping all the ALO players in finally happened. The sleep inducing plot dump in the middle of the episode went way too long. And then we got "le epic sakuga fight scene" which did feature some admittedly good line work but fairly average animation. So ya know, 10/10 compared to the rest of SAO's animation. it gets a point for having time man actually kill rape emperor but it loses the point for this weird implication that he and Admin were a romantic thing out of nowhere and the pointless "I leave our child with you rebound knight lady"

Of course his death was still meaningless cause now rape emperor will somehow become even more overpowered as GGO pro gamer account.
Jul 19, 2020 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Wow that was shit as usual. The asspull of warping all the ALO players in finally happened. The sleep inducing plot dump in the middle of the episode went way too long. And then we got "le epic sakuga fight scene" which did feature some admittedly good line work but fairly average animation. So ya know, 10/10 compared to the rest of SAO's animation. it gets a point for having time man actually kill rape emperor but it loses the point for this weird implication that he and Admin were a romantic thing out of nowhere and the pointless "I leave our child with you rebound knight lady"

Of course his death was still meaningless cause now rape emperor will somehow become even more overpowered as GGO pro gamer account.
1. No asspull because past episodes they decided to appeal to the players to help them. Yui make it happen and the simulation is compatible the the SEED back in s1. Invent by Kayaba and project alicization is the same program adapt by RATH, so its not out of nowhere.
2.are watching the same show or are u dumb it explain it on screen.
3.no rape happen crackhead. Your snowflake is expired previous episodes ago lol.
4.but the achivement that Bercouli defeat the OP super account remains. And the GGO is gonna come out sooner or later so i dont know the problem to it(watch episode 1 of alicization).

Jul 19, 2020 9:48 PM

Apr 2016
Ventus_S said:
I don't get the shipping of Bercouli and Administrator in the end.
Is that a NTR in death XD? Especially with Fanatio having his child already XD?
So his dying wish is with Administrator then?

If that's the case why didn't he do much to defend Administrator when Eugeo and Kirito went their way to assassinate Administrator?
From this UW battle we can tell he probably didn't even use 10% of his strength when he fight Eugeo, didn't try too hard to stop Eugeo, didn't really try his best protecting Administrator (I don't believe that Eugeo and stupid clown can get the better of him from what I see from his performance in this UW battle), so why suddenly care?

He didn't even hold any grudge toward Kirito when he met him, and even try to defend him from other Knights.
Seriously don't get what's the point of that shipping of Bercouli and Administrator in the end. It just seems come out of nowhere, and contradicts all his past actions.

Also the consequence of dying is UW is none existent XD. You can just log in again immediately.
I thought your Soul will get damaged if you died in UW, but guess that's not the case.
Seems like all the tension in the past battles is meaningless cuz you can just relog in immediately with a different account anyway.

What shipping? Where did you saw romance between Bercouli and Quinella?.It's the relationship of a master and her faithful servant.. Reki Kwahara himself said that for Bercouli Quinella was like "a boss who is awkward and awkward to handle but can't be left alone" and that there was no feeling of love. They have been together for hundreds of years and their relationship transcended such things.
https://twitter.com/kunori/status/1284715412676997123

Jul 19, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2016
ANGRY_CRITIC_BOY said:
What did Gabriel wrote on that note said?? Cuz i cant read his cursive writing

He wrote his ggo account "subtilizer" and the password "Yastgutdwiiys" (You aren't supposed to give up)
Reki Kawahara confirmed on twitter https://twitter.com/kunori/status/1284715824985419777

Jul 19, 2020 10:09 PM
May 2020
It was a great episode. It was great to see TEAM Kirito assemble. The fighting scene was EPIC. Bercoulli's death was sad. Felt great despair watching Alice. Overall nice 10/10 :)

It does seem strange that it has been approximately 3-4 seasons since SAO has been started. There are a lot of people who diss this series and say that it is shit, so why are they still watching this anime if it is so bad? If you don't like it, just drop it. What is the point of watching it, if you are just going to badmouth it in forums. We get that you are a hater, so don't try to influence other people with your mindless rants. Let them decide on their own.
I am not a fan of SAO, but a fan of GOOD ANIME. So let us enjoy what is good and positively criticise(Not RANT) what is bad
:)
Jul 20, 2020 3:38 AM

Feb 2014
RIP Bercouli. A proper chad who went out like the boss that you are! =D

This episode was very good. Asuna was really happy to see all of her SAO and ALO friends all unite together to help out her side. 2,00 helpers isn't a lot compared to the overwhelming enemy number, but with their skills, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

The Ocean Turtle segment mid-way through the episode was intriguing with an ambitious plan to get to Kirito without getting spotted by the enemy. Hopefully this plan with work, despite the high risk of the plan itself.

The main talking point of the episode was the fight between Bercouli and Vector(Gabriel). The visuals and animation for the whole fight was one of the best SAO has to offer so far and it was amazing. Despite getting battered left, right and centre, Bercouli was able to make his plan to slash Vector's past with his abilities work, along with the assistance of his own dragon partner. Both lost their lives, but they were victorious in rescuing Alice in the process. Bercouli's moment with Quinella was pretty sweet, though.

Fanatio's cry at the end was also sad. She also helped out with that fight, but she also lost the man she loved, too. =(

Gabriel might've lost his Vector account, but he's going in again with another and, judging by the intimidating look on his face, I think it's safe to say that his second account will be even more formidable than his first one.
Jul 20, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
chriskor022 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

1. No asspull because past episodes they decided to appeal to the players to help them. Yui make it happen and the simulation is compatible the the SEED back in s1. Invent by Kayaba and project alicization is the same program adapt by RATH, so its not out of nowhere.
2.are watching the same show or are u dumb it explain it on screen.
3.no rape happen crackhead. Your snowflake is expired previous episodes ago lol.
4.but the achivement that Bercouli defeat the OP super account remains. And the GGO is gonna come out sooner or later so i dont know the problem to it(watch episode 1 of alicization).

1. I mentioned "the asspull returns" because it was an asspull when they came up with the idea and it's still an asspull now.
Points 2 and 3 are literal diarrhea of the mouth. It's okay to like bad anime buddy. I'm quite enjoying HxEros this season despite how shitty it is after all.
4. The problem is that despite the rape emperor account being super overpowered and built for the setting it's in and yet somehow it's going to be outclassed by generic dude with a gun account.

Also lol "snowflake"
Jul 20, 2020 9:19 AM

Nov 2018
chriskor022 said:
caliburn1337 said:
I don't understand what is making everyone enjoy this, this is pure torture, this is getting worse on every new episode.

The animation is the unique great thing, they are using the same OST from the first season and all, but the story is slow paced and boring, I don't feel anything for the characters anymore, the villain is just like the others, he just laughs when he kills someone, poorly written, I will probably drop this.
the only torture are your mind and how it is torture? Gave me your pills to somehow overcome the depression to watch this torture show.

It's a pretty bad show now, Alicization season was pretty good, but War of Underworld, oh god, this is awful. The villain is just a random guy that is bad because he wants to be bad, a psychopath that laughs when he kills someone(big cliche right here), I don't know what's the problem with the guy that writes SAO, he is just really bad at writting villains, a villain is the hero of his own story, and we are supposed to understand why the villain is doing "bad things", the author should take as an example the villains from Shingeki no Kyojin. Some people say this season is kinda fast paced, but in my opinion, it's slow paced and boring, I don't enjoy the characters as much I enjoyed them before, now the old Kirito friends just reappeared because the author didn't want them to be discarded, but they aren't going to do anything special from now on I believe, now at the beginning of every episode we get like 5 minutes of Asuna crying because her friends are saving her(as always) and that is pissing me off. The OST is the same OST as the other seasons, they are always killing real world people that are useless, and the fights are getting repetitive. People are enjoying this season because of the animation, nothing more. Even ALfheim Online was better.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 20, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2019
caliburn1337 said:
chriskor022 said:
the only torture are your mind and how it is torture? Gave me your pills to somehow overcome the depression to watch this torture show.

It's a pretty bad show now, Alicization season was pretty good, but War of Underworld, oh god, this is awful. The villain is just a random guy that is bad because he wants to be bad, a psychopath that laughs when he kills someone(big cliche right here), I don't know what's the problem with the guy that writes SAO, he is just really bad at writting villains, a villain is the hero of his own story, and we are supposed to understand why the villain is doing "bad things", the author should take as an example the villains from Shingeki no Kyojin. Some people say this season is kinda fast paced, but in my opinion, it's slow paced and boring, I don't enjoy the characters as much I enjoyed them before, now the old Kirito friends just reappeared because the author didn't want them to be discarded, but they aren't going to do anything special from now on I believe, now at the beginning of every episode we get like 5 minutes of Asuna crying because her friends are saving her(as always) and that is pissing me off. The OST is the same OST as the other seasons, they are always killing real world people that are useless, and the fights are getting repetitive. People are enjoying this season because of the animation, nothing more. Even ALfheim Online was better.

you were asking why people enjoy this show right ?
then maybe just maybe there is something called different opinion and different taste
crazy right ?
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 20, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2016
caliburn1337 said:
chriskor022 said:

thats a pretty dumb assumption when he is foreshadowed in episode 1 of the arc.
1.his friend appearing because its literally final part of the arc and previous season they need help because the simulation invade by other players. I nothing wrong adding past characters.
2.you just nitpicking there buddy. They gonna have a role. And the OST is repeating because its a remix but other anime use it too.

Jul 20, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Lol. I think you understood nothing about what happened. xD

1) The fundamental property of the Seed which is relevant right from the first season is that it contains a convoluted data of all virtual reality games and simulators. And every of them are mutually related. So jumping from one simulation to another simulation is possible in the world of SAO. It's not an asspull.

2) If the plot dump didn't happen y'all will be the anime connoisseurs rushing into the anime forums complaining how nothing makes sense. Doesn't matter y'all will still come anyway but then we'll at least have the points to prove ya'll's ignorance.

3) Rape Emperor. Lol.
What did he do to achieve that title? I thought who murder people ruthlessly are called murderers not rapists.

4) Can't a guy and a girl have any other relationship than a romantic one? Don't you have any sisters? Don't you have female friends? Oh sorry. I shouldn't be asking that to a weeb. But anyway, Bercouli and Quinella share a master-servant relationship. They had a strong bond as Bercouli served Quinella for over a hundred years. And yeah if you're wondering about if that between Bercouli and Fanatio, then rewatch the the OP of WoU part 1.

5) And I repeat Kirito isn't a generic guy with 2 swords. Wanna believe it or not, he's the guy who defeated every integrity knight and the administrator along with Eugeo. Only Kirito and Eugeo were powerful enough to defeat the guy. That was set up right from the beginning.

6) The GGO account of Gabriel is similarly powerful. Don't forget he won the battle of bullets every single time he participated in it. His GGO avatar is a beast. And it completely explains to why he'll be almost impossible to defeat. Be sure to watch the next episodes and pay attention to them instead of looking at points to rant about on MAL forums.
Biswa_29Jul 20, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 20, 2020 2:44 PM

Jan 2020
Why no one it's talking about Yuuki Konno team?. No one it's dead!

That was an amazing moment!

Unoriginality said:
Imagine fighting intensely while pregnant, oh... yeah i forgot that this is basically a real life game, but not really real but ok.

A couple of days aren't a big deal
ldanesJul 20, 2020 11:45 PM

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jul 20, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
I don't like how hopeless alice is... but badass fight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 20, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
biswa290701 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

1) The fundamental property of the Seed which is relevant right from the first season is that it contains a convoluted data of all virtual reality games and simulators. And every of them are mutually related. So jumping from one simulation to another simulation is possible in the world of SAO. It's not an asspull.

2) If the plot dump didn't happen y'all will be the anime connoisseurs rushing into the anime forums complaining how nothing makes sense. Doesn't matter y'all will still come anyway but then we'll at least have the points to prove ya'll's ignorance.

3) Rape Emperor. Lol.
What did he do to achieve that title? I thought who murder people ruthlessly are called murderers not rapists.

4) Can't a guy and a girl have any other relationship than a romantic one? Don't you have any sisters? Don't you have female friends? Oh sorry. I shouldn't be asking that to a weeb. But anyway, Bercouli and Quinella share a master-servant relationship. They had a strong bond as Bercouli served Quinella for over a hundred years. And yeah if you're wondering about if that between Bercouli and Fanatio, then rewatch the the OP of WoU part 1.

5) And I repeat Kirito isn't a generic guy with 2 swords. Wanna believe it or not, he's the guy who defeated every integrity knight and the administrator along with Eugeo. Only Kirito and Eugeo were powerful enough to defeat the guy. That was set up right from the beginning.

6) The GGO account of Gabriel is similarly powerful. Don't forget he won the battle of bullets every single time he participated in it. His GGO avatar is a beast. And it completely explains to why he'll be almost impossible to defeat. Be sure to watch the next episodes and pay attention to them instead of looking at points to rant about on MAL forums.

1) Everything about the seed is bullshit. Just because the seed is some magical super tech doesn't make it's sudden new powers not an asspull.
2) The plot dump itself is not the problem. It's the incredibly dull and boring way they did it and the retarded content within.
3) I call him the rape emperor because of the allegeded rape he performs in the web novel version. Also until she died I legit thought he was gonna rape that one dark country lady from last season because that's how Reki writes villains.
4) "Haha you're a weeb" said the weeb. I almost had hope for an actual discussion since you can actually type proper arguments.
5) I don't what this point is in response to since I didn't even mention Kirito in the post you're replying to.
6) "Your opinion doesn't line up with mine so you must not have been paying attention." I swear why is this always the defense you people go to. Surely with how common SAO hate is you'd be used to people criticizing it by now. Anyway there's still no good reason a regular GGO account should be more powerful in Underworld than a literal god tier account specifically created to be overpowered inside Underworld.
Jul 20, 2020 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
biswa290701 said:

3) Rape Emperor. Lol.

1) Everything about the seed is bullshit. Just because the seed is some magical super tech doesn't make it's sudden new powers not an asspull.
2) The plot dump itself is not the problem. It's the incredibly dull and boring way they did it and the retarded content within.
3) I call him the rape emperor because of the allegeded rape he performs in the web novel version. Also until she died I legit thought he was gonna rape that one dark country lady from last season because that's how Reki writes villains.
4) "Haha you're a weeb" said the weeb. I almost had hope for an actual discussion since you can actually type proper arguments.
5) I don't what this point is in response to since I didn't even mention Kirito in the post you're replying to.
6) "Your opinion doesn't line up with mine so you must not have been paying attention." I swear why is this always the defense you people go to. Surely with how common SAO hate is you'd be used to people criticizing it by now. Anyway there's still no good reason a regular GGO account should be more powerful in Underworld than a literal god tier account specifically created to be overpowered inside Underworld.

1.if fanstasy is bullshet to you i dont know what to say.
2.because thats how infodump works.
3.but it adapts LN, lmao. Het your fact check.
4.he just stating facts, that you are a weeb watching anime.
5.because you have no excuses to it lol.
6.that is the Integrity Knights because their power OP that they can kill the super account. And his GGO account is his main so, he is more inclined to be strong to it. Because it is his main account.

Jul 20, 2020 8:28 PM

Oct 2018
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

That's not asspull warping. We already see a converting account since season 2, Kirito converting his ALO account to GGO so he can use his ALO account to GGO, Sinon converting his GGO account to ALO vice versa.

We haven't seen Bercouli and Admin doing romances so I can't see that romantic at all, rather from what I see with his interactions back in the flashback of him in war part 1, they have a close relationship something like master and servant. So it's safe to assume the ghost scene as Bercouli is showing respect to Admin as his master.

We haven't seen Bercouli having sex with Fanantio XDDD but it's implied in the War part 1 Opening where Fanatio is naked in the bed which is located in a room where Bercouli's sword is hang on the wall. There's also a foreshadowing about Bercouli whispering or talking about something to Fanatio, before departing and escort Alice to the World End Altar. Probably it's about them having the baby.

Yes Subtilizer is a pro gamer, applying his military experience to GGO , plus being a psychopath who likes killing. Psychopaths are really dangerous.
Jul 20, 2020 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
Wow that big fight. Incredible animation and sound design. A-1 Pictures still knocking it out of the park. Poor Bercouli. May he rest in peace. One of the cooler minor characters of this story arc.
Jul 20, 2020 9:49 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread has been cleaned.

In addition to this, please treat your fellow users with respect as this thread will be monitored from here on out.
Jul 20, 2020 10:49 PM

Jun 2017
Hot damn. that's one badass way to go out! Kudos to Bercouli for beating the ass of Emperor Vecta. Also, I didn't know that Quinella and Bercouli were on... well, a bit too friendly terms.. Anyway, I'm glad to see Quinella in her not so maniac mode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 20, 2020 11:38 PM

Nov 2019
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I don't have time for the others so I'll just answer this one.

And obviously you don't choose to focus on the main point. My point was that every relation between a guy and a girl doesn't need to be a romantic one. The relationship between Bercouli and Quinella was a pure servant-master relationship.

And yes I am a weeb but I am enough socially active to have a lot of friends including female ones. So I asked you this.
Biswa_29Jul 21, 2020 2:52 AM
Jul 21, 2020 2:48 AM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode!

The fight between Bercouli and Vector is CRAZY!
Jul 21, 2020 6:25 AM

Nov 2018
Askaa said:
caliburn1337 said:

you were asking why people enjoy this show right ?
then maybe just maybe there is something called different opinion and different taste
crazy right ?

Sure, you are correct, everyone has their own opinion, but I don't get what is good on this show that makes someone like it.

Jul 21, 2020 6:39 AM

Nov 2018
chriskor022 said:
caliburn1337 said:

thats a pretty dumb assumption when he is foreshadowed in episode 1 of the arc.
1.his friend appearing because its literally final part of the arc and previous season they need help because the simulation invade by other players. I nothing wrong adding past characters.
2.you just nitpicking there buddy. They gonna have a role. And the OST is repeating because its a remix but other anime use it too.

They using the same OST is just to give hype for the nostalgia, just for fanservice(which SAO likes a lot), again, the old characters appearing is just for fanservice, just like what happened on the movie, and on other scenes of the anime, it's getting repetitive, the old friends appearing to save the MCs, they gonna have a role? Sure they need to have a role, but their role is just saving the MCs when they need help, they don't do anything beneficial to the story after that, Klein was discarded since the beginning, Asuna is just Kirito's girlfriend, Leafa is incest, Lisbeth was just another girl for Kirito's harem, Silica is the loli, Sinon was a cool character on GGO, but now she likes Kirito, just like another girl, Eugeo and Alice? Those were cool characters, because they weren't useless, but now Alice has become just like the other girls, loves Kirito and Asuna accepted her in his harem for some weird reason. Can you understand me now? They are just going to discard these characters just like they did before, SAO can be summarized in just one word: Fanservice. And what I enjoyed about Alicization was that it wasn't just fanservice, for the first time, there was a girl that seemed to love another character that wasn't Kirito, for the first time we had a cool story with cool characters, but War of Underworld just became like the other seasons lol

Jul 21, 2020 7:09 AM
Dec 2015
Gonna miss Bercouli, he's the man
Jul 21, 2020 10:42 AM
Apr 2020
My days so much happened in one episode it was like woah did like it tho. Plus the part when The whole team joins I was like yeasssss
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.