Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2020 12:16 AM
Dec 2018
This is must be one of those "i am an asshole hate me now". I hate this type of method in anime, i stiil don't understand what is really good about making yourself look bad for "good intention". "Oh look how cool i'm, i'm an ANTI HERO BITCH". Seriously just be a fucking hero instead.
Jul 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Mar 2012
The main plot is taking shape--Anos's efforts to uncover the reasons and the ways to reverse the alteration of history. Could be interesting if they do it right.

But parts of me definitely think there'd be more to look forward to if Anos wasn't so powerful out of the gate. At this point there just doesn't seem to be much room for him to grow. I mean he's already semi-convinced someone at the highest echelon of the demon world that he's a real deal. Whatever stuff Sasha, anyone else, or the school throws at him will be a walk in the park. Unless the plot quickly transitions to him having to deal with problems outside of the school (and spends less time in school) it's going to become a bit repetitive with the whole bit about being underestimated and then destroying his opponent.

Another issue is how muted the reaction to all of Anos's accomplishments seem. How in the world is this guy STILL being treated like a normal student? Even if no one takes his "I'm the demon lord from 2000 years ago" bit seriously, at worst, at this point he should be treated as a genius of some sort. I hope this series doesn't make itself look absolutely silly by having people under-react when Anos brings out the staff that no one's uncovered for a few thousand years...
Jul 19, 2020 3:00 AM

Aug 2018
Well, a sort of betrayal was expected if you had simply watched last episode's preview ; if you didn't, then the title of this one basically revealed a lot.

However the very ending kinda left me think Sasha will try to save Misha ("I'll make it in time no matter what!") but then I don't really explain her behaviour & her attempt to murder her. I guess we'll have to wait for next Saturday !
Jul 19, 2020 3:09 AM

May 2019
I have to say, I laughed when Anos just walked through the wall and Misha clapped haha.

Another fun episode full of flexes, it'll be interesting to see where Misha's characterisation leads

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 19, 2020 5:27 AM
Jul 2019
Sem palavras para Sasha, só que ela e uma baita de uma Cadela safada.Espero quer Misha tenha uma evolução maior no anime.
Jul 19, 2020 6:05 AM

May 2018
We must kill all bitches, starting with Sasha
Jul 19, 2020 6:28 AM
Dec 2017
King Hassan appears this episode!
Jul 19, 2020 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
A really good episode!
Misha is a bit bland but I think her character will be developed more next episode
Just like Anos, I don't think that Sasha actually wanted to kill Misha- I believe she was counting on Anos to heal her.
Quickly at the end of the episode, Sasha mentions a countdown and Misha says that she will disappear on her 15th birthday so Sasha might be looking for a way to save Misha and needs to the staff to do that
This means that Anos was right this is all a performance for Sasha
Jul 19, 2020 5:07 PM

Jul 2017
Well, another episode, and that's that.

One of the Seven darkness lords have emerged, and it's another Necron. But somehow, the plot has also shown that history is altered in the 2000 years since Anos's disappearance, and figuring out is part of that equation to what's truly going on.

Meanwhile, Sasha's true intentions, she may have put on a facade in front of "magidoll"-cum-illegitimate sister Misha to kill her right then and there, but in front of Anos, who cares since he's able to decipher ANY lie and figures her game pretty quick.

The meaning of Misha disappearing after her 15th birthday, seems like a countdown to cataclysm or something. Either way, it's not something that Anos would take lightly whilst Sasha is on the run.
Jul 19, 2020 7:47 PM
Aug 2019
how can any of you say you like this show with a straight face :)
Jul 19, 2020 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Well, i wasnt expecting that from Sasha...
Still, everything will work out well.XD
Jul 19, 2020 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
liamhabib said:
I have to say, I laughed when Anos just walked through the wall and Misha clapped haha.

Another fun episode full of flexes, it'll be interesting to see where Misha's characterisation leads

Yess! I loved when she clapped too haha
Jul 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Jan 2020
Another "okay" episode that contains a lot of mediocrities.

Just as @Ryuseishun said, the relationship between the characters feels very plastic, or artificial. The characters themselves haven't received much depth yet.

But there are some enjoyable aspects, as well. It's still pretty entertaining to see Anos shit on everyone, and I'm also interested in learning about Misha's backstory in the next episode.
IrrelevantGuyJul 20, 2020 3:32 AM
Jul 20, 2020 4:15 AM
Mar 2012
Lots of mystery & plot, veering away from the usual magic harem. Even the kiss has a motive. Sasha used Anos, but still mysterious her real motive, why she needs the robe & staff, the 7hrs till Cinderella meets midnight.
Lol Misha's clap clap. Her 'nonexistence' seems related to all this time travel, altered/parallel history Ains-sama Ivis got involved.
Some sisterly moments & Anos swag were good with the strolling pace, but some parts directing and characters feels too stale, kinda bland like Assassins Pride.
Jul 20, 2020 6:29 AM
Apr 2020
Another flex of Anos' power. He's not just strong in terms of magic, but he's also physically powerful.

I LOVE SASHA EVEN MORE!!
I guess, Sasha is just playing the bad guy. "Sasha's true intention" maybe is to prevent Misha from disappearing by doing something, bringing the staff to someone I guess. And of course, Demon King Anos saw right through Sasha's performance, because of Sasha's expressive and beautiful demonic eyes. The question here is, who wants Misha to disappear? I can't wait for the next episode!

Jul 20, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2014
I seriously cant tell whether Im laughing with this show or at it. Any manga readers, do you think this show is the way it is on purpose? It leans into the trashiness so hard that it breaks through to being genuinly entertaining, but I cant tell whether thats the intention or if its just accidentally as fun as it is, I figure if its accidental it'll eventually become apparent.
Jul 20, 2020 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
I still can't tell if the ridiculous things in this show are done while being self-aware. Like, I laughed out loud when Anos walked into the wall and it exploded, but was I supposed to?

Sasha clearly isn't actually evil; she's probably gonna use all that magic shit to try and save Misha. Even if she doesn't, Anos will save her anyway. Also, it looks like Misha has cemented her role as the "timid doormat". Neat.
Jul 20, 2020 7:05 PM

Jan 2020
Wow, wasn't expecting to see the dude from Overlord show up in this episode. Really shows how unique and inspired each and every character design is. They'll definitely stick with me!

Glad to see that the conflict was resolved between the sisters...and then not resolved. Sasha's motivations made PERFECT sense in this episode btw

Seriously tho, bruh, where is some actual conflict in this show. There are no stakes. This is practically a fantasy slice-of-life at this point. Honestly relaxing because I know that Demon dude will always fix things so I don't have to worry.

New fave iyashikei?

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Jul 20, 2020 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
Three episodes in and I'm still enjoying this. Coming from someone who's tired of the magical academy shows too.
Jul 21, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Remember the kiss?

That, at first I thought "what the hell, just second episode and this happens" Necron is cute and she's a cool tsundere but something hurts her like... her sister?

I don't have any proof but I have a lot of doubts.
Jul 21, 2020 1:35 PM

Oct 2015
In the beginning i didn't like it, but it is growing on me.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jul 21, 2020 5:32 PM

Oct 2016
Really good episode, though I don't get the need to try and murder Misha. We will probably find out next episode.

Really looking forward to the next episode, this anime is one of the better one's this season.
Jul 21, 2020 10:25 PM
Jul 2020
This anime is the distillation of what is wrong with the entire genre. I could not believe how Ep2 played out, or how Sasha transmogrified from one caricature into the next without any effort. I am not sure how anyone is taking this seriously -- the only way you can enjoy it is if you are laughing at how big of a parody this is on the entire genre. It is so lacking in awareness it is utterly stunning the amount of cliches that are crammed into a single episode.

Nothing is wrong with a cliche, so long as it serves a story faithfully and honestly. But the story here doesn't even make any sense. Why is the protagonist even going to school in the first place? Because he can? He is so ultimately powerful he could literally do anything he wants. It makes absolutely no logical sense.

I am impressed this series has functional art and voice acting. It impresses me how much effort was spent to make this. And it's not like the story, if written correctly, couldn't be good.

This particular episode continues the long tradition of having no stakes. Somehow, in spite of how insane our protagonist is acting, it's like the other characters have the long term memory of a gold fish! They don't even react to his immense power! The teacher makes a big deal about him grabbing that demon lords face, and then - nothing! None of the other students approach him. Everyone treats him like an outcast *just for the edginess of the plot* even though he's so powerful everyone would love to suck up to him! This story has its cake and eats it too, blatantly, without regard for anything! What about those assholes he stomped in episode 1? No one seems to remember them...

It's amazing. I enjoyed watching it this far just to say I watched something so poorly put together. But I can put it down without any regrets simply because....there's nothing here, even at the most guilty pleasure level, both Sasha and Misha rolled over for this guy within 10 minutes of meeting him. There is literally no tension in the story. No stakes. No coherent plot. The story is tired and recycled Mahouka garbage!

But if you like it, keep on, keep on; just don't allow yourself to think it's *good*; it's espousing nothing how it should be.

The "walking into the wall" bit was legendary, however. Or, how can we forget the equally legendary wisdom of, "It's a door, ladies, you push it open with your hands."
misanthrope2Jul 21, 2020 10:30 PM
Jul 22, 2020 3:06 AM

Oct 2018
zannett said:
Another issue is how muted the reaction to all of Anos's accomplishments seem. How in the world is this guy STILL being treated like a normal student? Even if no one takes his "I'm the demon lord from 2000 years ago" bit seriously, at worst, at this point he should be treated as a genius of some sort. I hope this series doesn't make itself look absolutely silly by having people under-react when Anos brings out the staff that no one's uncovered for a few thousand years...

^ This so fucking much. The amount of plot induced stupidity needed to keep this entire shtick of people underestimating the mc is making me lose brain cells.
Jul 22, 2020 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
well i just chugged Sasha's sudden change to ''bad anime is being bad'', but actually she was scheming! I must admit, i didn't see that coming...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2016
I really like the protagonist, instead of getting angry about a betrayal, he teaches you how to do a betrayal, I had a lot of fun with that haha
Jul 23, 2020 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
Again like I said Last week Sasha is trash. Same old Tsundere tendencies again. She can't come back from this as a good character in my eyes but whatever.

Side Note: These girls are 14...because they are turning 15...kidding me?

Misha's Smile and her clapping whenever Anos did anything great was super adorable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 23, 2020 11:11 PM

Jun 2020
good character development during this episode but Misha needs more attention :(
Jul 27, 2020 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
lmao ok they played with me in the 2nd episode, was unexpected that Sasha would betray them
Jul 28, 2020 5:03 PM

Jul 2020
Misha's clap when Anos does something badass is really cute.

Definitely expected that Sasha was up to something but did she honesty think she had a chance against our overpowered MC.

I hope Anos can do something about Misha's "timelimit". Interested on her character and the fake "demon king of tyranny" that altered the past or the memories of the people.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 5, 2020 2:38 PM

May 2015
Its funny, Ive never been more confused with a character than with that twintails girl. She's so bipolar with her actions. Pretty dickish move to stab your sister who just gave you a birthday present. But they'll probably justify it in someway since she's one of the harem members and they cant be bad.

Kuudere is by far best girl EASILY! No matter who they introduce she will remain best girl.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2020 6:38 PM

May 2020
y'know, just some justified betrayal
Aug 9, 2020 7:26 PM

Feb 2020
This anime flexes so hard, so many times, that it's actually good.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Aug 12, 2020 3:09 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Misha applauding Anos doing his thing was nice.

I always like mean anime girls with pigtails so despite the betrayel Sasha is still gud
Sep 15, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2020
Oh, Sasha is also a betraying/psychotic tsundere that's interesting.. I hope Misha doesn't care for her anymore in the next EP after being kind enough choosing her a birthday present. Also, Anos's calm demeanor and confidence is hella cool. Somebody is really trying to mess with his castle and legacy..
kiwixcokeSep 15, 2020 4:14 PM
Sep 22, 2020 8:11 PM
Oct 2019
That sister's nasty. I'm done with her no matter how things turn out. Someone rewrote history? That demon lord dude was literally 2,000 years old? How'd he live so long? I figured doll just meant everyone thought she was useless. But she's someone who didn't exist in that works, and is going to disappear on her birthday?

Still enjoying this. Definitely 7 or 8/10.
Sep 23, 2020 11:44 PM

Dec 2015
Kinda feeling like this show is getting dumber with each episode, which is a real shame.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 1, 2020 9:34 AM

Aug 2018
Agree with the guy that is above.
Dec 13, 2020 2:01 PM

Aug 2017
Anos don't give a fuck about Sasha's betrayal lmao. I like that. Even he healed Misha while Sasha was talking, she was trolled lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2020 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
feels like Sasha is just pretending to hate her...

Mar 10, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
Amatniki said:
feels like Sasha is just pretending to hate her...

yea cause she won't exist for long
Apr 3, 2021 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
this episode reminds me of Seth, Osiris, and Isis.
Isis = Anos
Seth = Sasha
Osiris = Misha
Dec 25, 2021 12:11 PM

Mar 2019
Rip Misha, it was too weird how Sasha suddenly became best sisters with Misha so this "betrayal" isn't a surprise. Although she did say "Sorry" and "Forgive me" back then so who knows. Another episode where Anos just casually talked to one of the seven servants, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 18, 2022 11:23 PM

May 2020
Ngl that betrayal part cracked me up, not sure even they themselves wanted us to take that seriously. Anyways watching Anos being ruthless again was the best part.
Oct 3, 2022 8:07 AM
Jun 2020
Ncc tưởng được gái theo ai dè
Dec 23, 2022 3:10 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yo what the heck is going on bro

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 2, 2023 10:59 PM

May 2021
Ok, the betrayal made the last episode much better.

Jan 7, 2023 6:54 AM

Dec 2018
if misha is going to disappear anyways, and the whole team is awarded points, what was the point in the double cross?
Jan 8, 2023 7:03 AM

Sep 2014
Just when I thought Sasha was the generic tsundere she was actually a bitch all along, nice!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 19, 2023 9:20 PM
Oct 2020
nothing in this episode made any sense and has possibly the worst interactions on=f characters ive ever seen
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

278 by Frank_Striker »»
Feb 22, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.