Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nothing much to say about this. Just a recap. It's only 2 hours so it showed only the most important scenes.
Jul 18, 2020 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
Are there any new scenes or was any of the animation redone?
Jul 18, 2020 5:51 AM

Feb 2017
vegeta8639 said:
Are there any new scenes or was any of the animation redone?

Nah, just compilation of already existing scenes. Only new thing are few new voice lines by Eren, Mikasa and Armin's VAs as a commentary to make the recap flow better.
Jul 18, 2020 7:14 AM
May 2017
There is a thing I really loved about this . It is the osts although most of them doesn't fit with the scenes but it was interesting to see what would some scenes feel like with different osts like levi vs beast titan also the little remix of youseebiggirl was beautiful same thing with the remix at the ending credits .
Was really surprised that they made the first 3.5 eps of s3p2 into 3 minutes it felt like amv with that ost .
Also please this is a recap don't start complaining about certain scenes are not included if you want go and watch the full eps
Jul 18, 2020 7:16 AM
May 2017
Oh and I think people are missing the point of this movie first of all they want to gain more money also this movie is for people who watched the show and want to refresh their memory to prepare for the final season also it is a good chance to experience aot in cinema.
Jul 18, 2020 9:27 AM
Feb 2018
This recap is pretty good but there is no Levi vs Female Titan, Eren vs Reiner round 1 and Levi vs Kenny round 2. Especially the Eren vs Reiner fight, it hurt to not see it in this movie.
Jul 18, 2020 11:57 AM

Aug 2018
Wait is this actually available in any streaming site? I remember Funimation saying they will bring it later this year(?).
Jul 18, 2020 7:50 PM
Aug 2015
Where to watch this ?
Jul 19, 2020 6:31 PM
Jan 2018
majju_bhai said:
Where to watch this ?

It just came out in Japan a few days ago and will be available in theatres in the US and UK later this year.
Jul 25, 2020 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
majju_bhai said:
Where to watch this ?

Here's a small scene from the movie
If such links are not allowed then please tell me, I would delete the comment
I could only find chinese subs (which i can't understand)
Jul 28, 2020 9:19 PM
Apr 2019
Hm, so I watched it today.
Disappointed, since nothing new.
Anyway, the pacing was good, didn’t struggle much.
Won’t be recommending to watch, but if It's in your theatre then probably you should go and watch it to experience the soundtracks.
Sep 11, 2020 7:57 AM

Jul 2020
So I only watched S1 and I want to get caught up. So should I watch this?
Sep 19, 2020 11:43 AM

Aug 2018
Hikarusukev2 said:
So I only watched S1 and I want to get caught up. So should I watch this?

Definitely not. This movie recaps all three seasons. So dont watch this if you dont want to get spoiled.

Go watch Seasons 2 and 3 first.
Oct 14, 2020 1:17 PM

Oct 2020
Where to watch this?
Nov 24, 2020 7:04 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Was AoT always this style-over-substance? At least, this recap made it seem like that. Oh well, anyway, it was a boring recap that made me cringe too many times.

4/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 25, 2020 12:29 AM

Nov 2019
cchigu said:
Was AoT always this style-over-substance? At least, this recap made it seem like that. Oh well, anyway, it was a boring recap that made me cringe too many times.

4/10

Is this a good recap? I want to rewatch the most important moments before the final season.
Nov 25, 2020 6:09 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Supercuecaaa said:
cchigu said:

4/10

Is this a good recap? I want to rewatch the most important moments before the final season.
It dumped so much info at once that it made my brain hurt, but if you are really in a need to quickly go over the key points of the show, you can watch this.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 25, 2020 4:12 PM

Apr 2018
Considering how much content they had to compress into a 2 hour movie, I'd say they did good job. Now I'm 100% ready for season 4.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Nov 26, 2020 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
Eh, despite being yet another AoT recap, it did a good job putting all the important and iconic scenes together and it was actually fairy entertaining overall, 6/10.
Nov 30, 2020 8:24 AM
Jun 2020
Wow, honestly surprised how they fit all those hours of eps into a solid 2 hours. They brushed over a few explanation scenes that I found important (killing from titans nape, regeneration ability, some of the other characters, the church), but I remember that it was a recap. For those who have already seen all the AOT seasons, it was a well-done recap. Had my family watch it with me because they did not have enough patience to watch 50+ episodes. My brother watched it for the first time and somewhat understood the whole story.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 4, 2020 7:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I'm legitimately surprised by how fulfilling this experience turned out to be but it must be said that the should've really used the timeslot to focus on Season 3 and Season 3 Part 2 alone. Seasons 1 and 2 have their decent recaps already.

On the plus side though, I do understand a recap from the start is advisable and necessary before the start of the final season and, in that, it delivers in flying colors. Revisiting some of the iconic scenes of the series with a notch in the audiovisual department, was simply put fab! It's the last we'll ever see Shingeki no Kyojin in Wit's clothing but it's a fitting farewell.

Thank you for everything, Wit Studio! The wonderful lads there have the set the bar high for MAPPA but I've hope in MAPPA to pull it off. Just over 48 hrs. until the first episode, boy am I stocked!

Giving this a generous 7/10. Yes, I'm an ultra SnK fanboy!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 6, 2020 4:31 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Best recap in the series.
Dec 6, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2012
The recap did what it was supposed to do — a quick recap before the final season, for those who want to get back into the series with the same mindset they had in the previous seasons.
Dec 6, 2020 12:26 PM

Oct 2010
decent recap, they didn't show all the battles but they explained the plot pretty well, it was good for my memory, it fueled me up with hatred for marley and for the eldian traitors. this new season should be a blast
Dec 14, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2018
As expected, this recap movie was a gigantic clusterfuck. I will at least give my sincere kudos to Wit for managing to pull off the ambitious task of summarizing 59 episodes' worth of content into a single 2 hr. movie, but that's about the extent of praise i'm willing to give to this.

Honestly, i feel this should have never been made. The pace at which this movie blazes through its events gave me such constant mental whiplash, i had to watch it in 4 separate half-hour sessions (with breaks in-between).

They should have just made a Season 3 recap movie to "complete the package", along with the 3 previous movies, and been done with it. There's just not much excitement in watching a lightning-fast highlight reel of a series' best moments if it's missing all the great build-up that helps make those moments so memorable.
Stygian_PrisonerDec 14, 2020 8:51 AM
Dec 20, 2020 2:02 AM

Sep 2019
Stygian_Prisoner said:
As expected, this recap movie was a gigantic clusterfuck. I will at least give my sincere kudos to Wit for managing to pull off the ambitious task of summarizing 59 episodes' worth of content into a single 2 hr. movie, but that's about the extent of praise i'm willing to give to this.

Honestly, i feel this should have never been made. The pace at which this movie blazes through its events gave me such constant mental whiplash, i had to watch it in 4 separate half-hour sessions (with breaks in-between).

They should have just made a Season 3 recap movie to "complete the package", along with the 3 previous movies, and been done with it. There's just not much excitement in watching a lightning-fast highlight reel of a series' best moments if it's missing all the great build-up that helps make those moments so memorable.
very×3 times fast paced. I liked it.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Dec 22, 2020 3:43 AM

Jan 2011
Eh, if you want a reminder and don't want to rewatch it all you're probably better off reading some episode summaries.
Jan 2, 2021 8:47 AM

Aug 2017
The recap had enough time to tell what it had to tell in 2 hours. Besides some important scenes omitted, the recap is fine. All essential information was included. 7/10 for the recap
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2021 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
watched only because forgot what happened in this average anime
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 9, 2021 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
majju_bhai said:
Where to watch this ?

maurorr said:
Where to watch this?

I found it on the 9anime app subbed and looks good quality, but did not watch it to confirm any details, might be on their website as well

Edit: works beautifully, HQ and good subs

A quick recap of all seasons until now, which was good, but should have aired long before the final season, I actually rewatched all seasons a bit after I stared 4 and realised I have vague memories of what happened before.
EnjyuFeb 9, 2021 6:10 PM
Feb 17, 2021 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
It was recap, 2 hours, 30 minute for each of previous seasons, same scenes, slightly updated soundtrack, nothing more nothing less.

BUT GOD DAMN IT WAS FREAKIN DELICIOUS! PUMP UP FOR FINAL SEASON! SHINZO NO SASAGEYO!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2021 12:05 PM

Feb 2020
Tsarko said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nothing much to say about this. Just a recap. It's only 2 hours so it showed only the most important scenes.

Hi! Where can I watch this movie?

Mar 25, 2021 9:44 PM
Oct 2019
Martin_Taylor said:
It was recap, 2 hours, 30 minute for each of previous seasons, same scenes, slightly updated soundtrack, nothing more nothing less.

BUT GOD DAMN IT WAS FREAKIN DELICIOUS! PUMP UP FOR FINAL SEASON! SHINZO NO SASAGEYO!!!

so about half of the film was season 3?

Stygian_Prisoner said:
They should have just made a Season 3 recap movie to "complete the package", along with the 3 previous movies, and been done with it.

agreed. it was my plan to watch each season's recap videos prior to watching season 4. but this movie kind of puts a damper on that otherwise great plan
Mar 27, 2021 7:17 AM

Aug 2016
HagePotPotato said:
Martin_Taylor said:

so about half of the film was season 3?

Stygian_Prisoner said:
They should have just made a Season 3 recap movie to "complete the package", along with the 3 previous movies, and been done with it.

agreed. it was my plan to watch each season's recap videos prior to watching season 4. but this movie kind of puts a damper on that otherwise great plan

It recaps season 3, both parts, nothing else, I probably meant to write half for each part or hour for each, which mean half/hour for each and then I mashed it up and wrote 30 minutes instead. I guess I have been really high on something. Probably hype.
Martin_TaylorMar 27, 2021 7:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2021 8:59 AM

Dec 2020
This is a good recap of the first 4 seasons. It's a shame that some good fights weren't there but even without does it still showed everything important. But I was pretty disappointed when the fight between Eren and Reiner in the second season didn't happen. I highly recommend watching this before watching the final season.
Everyone had to be drunk on somethin’ to keep pushing on… Everyone was a slave to somethin’

– Kenny Ackerman

Nov 3, 2021 2:55 AM

May 2016
This was a pretty decent and enjoyable recap but this was definitely the last thing I'd recommend to someone who haven't watched the series yet. It's a shame that there were a lot of omitted scenes that I really wanted to see again...

Rewatching the whole franchise's the way to go but this film did its job of preparing me for the final season which I'll start watching soon~

I really liked the remixed soundtrack, especially at the emotional parts. It somehow felt like it was the first time I held in tears at some scenes like with Mikasa retrieving Eren from his Titan form for the first time thanks to it lmao

Nov 12, 2021 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty great recap. Nothing much to say though.

Jan 31, 2022 7:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As a content wise for the first timers, imho, this definitely not wiser to watch because its hella rush. I thought it might containing a nice proper recap for the damn 50 episodes. Guess that just big mistake, and i recommend watching the first-two movie recap and straight to S3P1 and S3P2 instead of watching this for the better first time experience, if you really don't have much damn time. However, for those that obviously a fan of aot, or long past watcher, this is an exact part you need to watch before stepping on your foot onto the final season. I think they did the best effort to stamp on most important plot point. Even though imo Reiner and Eren fight actually better to put on there to living up shinzou sasageyo hype. But, overall the contain already fill enough the information you need to create as a reminder of the series. For a little example, like Historia might be become a titan to make Eren fully controlled the Coordinate power. Wild guess, can be right, can be wrong....

Fine for this, and lets see Eren and the other across the sea...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 6, 2023 9:44 AM

Nov 2010
It's a decent summary. However, this only applies to viewers with a fair amount of knowledge about the series. It's also missing a lot of the good stuff. This is to be expected from condensing 30 hrs of content into 2.
I still think it would've been better if Armin died. That would've fueled Eren's anger on the world even more, and Erwin, as a Colossal Titan, would've been so badass! I wish the show did something I never could've expected.
Also, I noticed that in S4, Armin's tactical ability was no longer needed as soon as they dealt with complex political stuff. I wonder how S4 would've turned out if Erwin had been around.
Oct 27, 2023 3:44 AM

Sep 2022
WIT Studio did Extremely well, I love MAPPA's work as much as WIT's. WIT was the key after all.
Nov 10, 2023 11:31 AM

Oct 2018
I know it's recap, but too much skip. If you want to watch for the first time, better watch the TV series or Guren no Yumiya & Jiyuu no Tsubasa Movie + 3rd Season.
Nov 25, 2023 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Nice recap movie. It was cool to see all those epic moments from Seasons 1-3 again, just in a movie format.

More topics from this board

» When can we see this?

LeviAkachan - Aug 31, 2020

4 by Erehi21 »»
Dec 4, 2020 7:00 AM

» Attack on Titan Chronicle will officially stream subbed and dubbed on Funimation starting Tuesday, November 24 at 3 p.m. CT

Salamander2170 - Nov 23, 2020

2 by thegooseman »»
Dec 1, 2020 5:54 AM

» Movie duration

joroto - Jul 2, 2020

12 by tsubasalover »»
Sep 16, 2020 5:09 AM

» Funimation Licenses Attack on Titan ~Chronicle~ Recap Film

Salamander2170 - Jul 4, 2020

1 by kuraidai »»
Jul 17, 2020 5:05 AM

» Why? ( 1 2 )

Stygian_Prisoner - May 29, 2020

64 by WarHell »»
Jun 28, 2020 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.