Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 18, 2020 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Erina was so stiff when she was bridal carried... Why would she be so rigid while being unconscious. I also don't understand how she could blush in that situation. I'd be more creeped out than anything else.
Later on the dude just barged into her room from the windows with a bunch of black KKK. Like what? How did they just appear magically like that? They are being so dramatic oO What's with being his bride if he wins --" To think Erina fell for the provocation and accepted it
Jul 18, 2020 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
How can be every episode worse than the previous??There is no change in production quality even after three month delay.I think they spend every yen on Railgun.All I see are mouth flaps and stills with panning.I never care about animation but they are not even delivering on foodgasms.That's your selling point.

Also Asahi sucks as a villain.Forcing someone into marriage and Erina accepts it.The cringe is real.
Also Mafia Chefs.I never laughed so hard.Mafia Chefs seriously????I thought the job of chefs was to cook.Does it matter they cook for Mafia?I haven't seen any such bullshit before.I am enjoying the show at how bad it is.God,I used to love this anime.
Jul 18, 2020 8:15 AM

Feb 2014
So here enters the Ku Klux Klan? Noir really feels like something else. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 18, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2019
dasprn said:

That's what I thought. They look like the followers of the Witche's cult from Re: Zero that have embraced a gay handkerchief code. Also, did they simultaniously levitate into her bed room or did they jump?

I wouldn't have thought they could dumb down this manga in particular but ehy did.
Jul 18, 2020 10:53 AM

Feb 2020
Enjoyable episode as usual
Jul 18, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2015
Undergrund chefs league? This is so dumb xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Sep 2017
Man I just hate Asahi
خ
Jul 18, 2020 12:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So happy to see this back. I figured Soma would lose. I don't think Asahi really cared about Soma's knife at all, I think he just wanted to annihilate him and prove how much better he is by flaunting the knife he won from Joichiro.

It was cool to finally see Soma's mom for the first time. I prefer her with the messy spiky hair.

While it would make sense for Erina to just say no to Asahi's deal, I would attribute her pride to the reason she said yes.

But now the stage is set, can't wait to see how it all ends.
Jul 18, 2020 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
Finally we are back in businezz~~

Time to write down some cool ingredients once more. :3
Jul 18, 2020 1:53 PM
May 2015
how can people honestly say this was a good episode ?
the one cooking scene was super compressed, like 5 seconds of cooking and both just make the same dish but one is super much better and the whole thing is over in 30sec.
the new rival and plot is literally trash and forced conflict.
Jul 18, 2020 2:12 PM
Feb 2020
Tbh i am just happy that after so long; finally we got episode 3 and the continuation will come without any more delays hopefully.
Jul 18, 2020 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
Tbh i am just happy that after so long; finally we got episode 3 and the continuation will come without any more delays hopefully.
Jul 18, 2020 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
It's good to see Food Wars back on air after the delay it had thanks to the ongoing pandeimc.

Either way, the episode didn't waste time in showing how unlikable Asahi really is. His skills were formidable and he made easy work of Soma. However, his constant charm offensive on Erina makes me want to give him a good wallop in his face. XD

The pacing is on the quick side, so there was a few changes noticeable in this episode that didn't hurt the viewing experience too much, and honesty I think that'll stay like that for the rest of the season, too.

Good episode overall and Megumi's reactions still make me smile without fail. =3
Jul 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
Seygneur said:
dasprn said:

That's what I thought. They look like the followers of the Witche's cult from Re: Zero that have embraced a gay handkerchief code. Also, did they simultaniously levitate into her bed room or did they jump?

I wouldn't have thought they could dumb down this manga in particular but ehy did.

It sure is getting weirdly adapted.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 18, 2020 5:31 PM

Feb 2013
Short_Circut said:
so Food Wars is back and straight away the main villain wins, declares his obsession for Erina and is also the leader of the cooking-KKK? noice

at least we got to see more of Soma's mom, wish there was more to show masaka spin off?

Ya that seems right. It is a cooking anime so why not
Jul 18, 2020 6:32 PM

Aug 2007
Finally this anime, this season is back, after 84 years. And the intentions of the "villian" of this season are reveled, finally. Lets see if Yukihira and his friends can win this time.
Jul 18, 2020 9:01 PM
Oct 2019
killoff said:
how can people honestly say this was a good episode ?
the one cooking scene was super compressed, like 5 seconds of cooking and both just make the same dish but one is super much better and the whole thing is over in 30sec.
the new rival and plot is literally trash and forced conflict.

agree , it seems that they didn't care about the cooking process at all or the part they break into her house/room wearing full KKK suits treat her like a object saying YOU GOTTA MARRY ME IF I WIN. She could have just said no and get out or im calling the cops.but instead " I can't let them Insult totsuki like that I will Beat them " which is stupid and the worst part joichiro losing to asahi 5 - 0 which is BS , anyway we have to wait for the dark chefs , clowns , chainsaw and dynamite , needles and superpower
ithyphallic60Jul 18, 2020 9:21 PM
Jul 18, 2020 10:14 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So cooking in Noir - is it just cooking for "sketchy" criminals or in a "non-gourmet" arrogance or are they cooking with human blood or something inhumane?
Jul 18, 2020 11:33 PM
Oct 2019
God... Whatever happens, don't let it end like the manga. All the thing we want is Erina-Soma Kiss in an affectionate way, Soma will enter Erina vs Asahi battle and say something like -N-a-k-i---... Erina I will save you... or stuffs like that and this anime is really good. If this is this the last season then end it in that way that a masterpiece will do.

I heard it will contain 12 episodes. I just don't get the damn point how much they can improve the story and end it in 12 episodes. Anyway, let's hope high.
Jul 19, 2020 3:06 AM
Oct 2019
tabibhassan said:
God... Whatever happens, don't let it end like the manga. All the thing we want is Erina-Soma Kiss in an affectionate way, Soma will enter Erina vs Asahi battle and say something like -N-a-k-i---... Erina I will save you... or stuffs like that and this anime is really good. If this is this the last season then end it in that way that a masterpiece will do.

I heard it will contain 12 episodes. I just don't get the damn point how much they can improve the story and end it in 12 episodes. Anyway, let's hope high.

from what i heard 13 episodes , i am not sure about the kissing part or nakiri i will save u XD , but what i really want is 3 things even if its bad:

1. souma wins the BLUE
2. a scene were erina says delicious to souma ( directly )
3. officially endup together
Jul 19, 2020 3:18 AM
Oct 2019
ithyphallic60 said:
tabibhassan said:

from what i heard 13 episodes , i am not sure about the kissing part or nakiri i will save u XD , but what i really want is 3 things even if its bad:

1. souma wins the BLUE

Wait.. Why the fuck did you give me spoilers?? Oh fuck ... My life is ruined :(((... I was waiting for this season for a long time..

Anyways, I thought that Soma would eventually win. BTW sorry for my arrogant behaviour. I was a little pissed off
Jul 19, 2020 3:47 AM
Oct 2019
tabibhassan said:
ithyphallic60 said:

1. souma wins the BLUE

Wait.. Why the fuck did you give me spoilers?? Oh fuck ... My life is ruined :(((... I was waiting for this season for a long time..

Anyways, I thought that Soma would eventually win. BTW sorry for my arrogant behaviour. I was a little pissed off

i feel u bruh , sorry for the spoilers i thought u read the manga when u said please don't let it end like the manga , but really they have to makes changes not just the ending abut also the blue because it was bad it reached to the point were the manga got axed

anyway just hope they make changes in the blue and the ending
ithyphallic60Jul 21, 2020 11:07 AM
Jul 19, 2020 5:29 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Haven't read the manga but it good that it's back now.

The opening shows the reflection :o Romance is in the air yo!
Jul 19, 2020 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
Welp I'm all caught up now. Now I gotta wait on weekly releases

Really enjoyed the series so far, looking forward to the rest of this season.
Jul 19, 2020 6:40 PM
Jun 2012
So taking a break didnt change the beautiful crash course. Let's all ride together till the glorious end and have ourselves a spectacular shit-storm.
Jul 19, 2020 9:00 PM

Jan 2019
So, a cooking KKK, a rapist villain, and Megumi either in black face or transforming into... never mind, I don't even want to know.

At this point, if this wasn't a series I was so emotionally invested in, I'd be dropping hard. Still might.
Jul 20, 2020 12:46 AM
Apr 2018
It's complete trash... like someone else wrote it. I'm dropping this faster than a hot plate lol! Looking at the votes the Commitment Bias is so so strong it's comical. Textbook example in fact.
Jul 20, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Wow... It's back with a good episode. Fast paced but okay.
God I'm really scared for the Erina x Souma ship.
Jul 20, 2020 10:22 AM
Jun 2012
aplacebeyondMAL said:
So, a cooking KKK, a rapist villain, and Megumi either in black face or transforming into... never mind, I don't even want to know.

At this point, if this wasn't a series I was so emotionally invested in, I'd be dropping hard. Still might.

I agree with everything but Megumi wasn't wearing a "black face" that was Gyaru make-up another weird japanese sub-culture.
Jul 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
Betting her hand on cooking, wtf, this can't get any dumber than this
Jul 20, 2020 5:26 PM

May 2009
There was one fanartist on twitter or pixiv that was drawing regularly SoumaxErina pieces but after this chapter of manga there was only AsahixErina art and rage from followers.
Jul 20, 2020 9:59 PM
Oct 2019
bastek66 said:
There was one fanartist on twitter or pixiv that was drawing regularly SoumaxErina pieces but after this chapter of manga there was only AsahixErina art and rage from followers.

the problem is asahi got more screen time and better ending than souma in the 2 last chapters
Jul 21, 2020 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
This is actually super cringe yikes, Asahi is even worse than Azami as villain.

If we compare first season then come to this, the quality ofc is getting worse....

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 21, 2020 12:59 AM

Mar 2009
I used to be a huge fan of the Shokugeki series, watching it going down is freaking hilarious.
Jul 21, 2020 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know what happens net? But I'm not exited
Jul 21, 2020 11:05 AM
Oct 2019
Viru20 said:
I don't know what happens net? But I'm not exited

f u want to know what happened in the manga u can check the spoiler , f u r not interested in the spoiler then just hope they make changes in the BLUE and the ending

Jul 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
Who is that woman behind Nakiri Azami 13:07? The one in the middle. I might have known her but couldn't recall.

It still disgusts me how Asahi was able to beat Jouchirou. He was described as genius, invincible, and even inspired Erina and her father; only to be beaten by a bishounen who wants to marry Erina. Ugh! this twist just completely ruined Shokugeki no Soma. The author should've finished it on Régiment de Cuisine.😒

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 22, 2020 8:26 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode was really hard to take seriously. I mean, black robes with pointed hats are one thing, but teleporting off a balcony is an entirely different level of absurdity for this anime. We get it, that organization is evil! No need to make them ominously demonic as well.
Jul 22, 2020 4:44 PM
May 2020
Really not enjoying this story arc so far. Kinda cringe so far with the whole “oh no! edgy new teacher (kinda hot???) has crush on student!” I’m looking forward to the BLUE at least and hope they take their time with that instead of speeding through more episodes.
Jul 23, 2020 3:18 PM
Oct 2016
why didnt erina just pepper spray the guy?
Jul 23, 2020 10:22 PM
Oct 2019
FierceVinegar said:
why didnt erina just pepper spray the guy?

ikr or She could have just said no and get out or im calling the cops.but instead " I can't let them Insult totsuki like that I will Beat them " its kind stupid
Jul 24, 2020 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
Looks like we finally getting to see the war aspect of the title! Who would of thought the battle is coming down to fighting underworld chefs. I never expected it to get this wild, but I sure as hell love it that it has!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 24, 2020 6:06 PM
Jun 2020
Here are some ways that Nakiri could have done it better...
1. She could've said, "HELL NAW"
2. She could've called the police.. that's a thing right?!
3. Also, something that she could've done anyways was turn on the fucking lights u know

AND.. even with her saying yes, just have either divorced him or just decide not to listen to her husband

BUT.. we know that everything will be alright because.. PLOT

ALSO.. this evil dude is hella.. paled-skinned/white as fuck
Jul 26, 2020 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Gyarus are hot. Finally get to see soma's mom too.

Jul 30, 2020 3:30 AM

May 2016
Whoever did the Noir costume design must have had too much drinks that night.
Jul 30, 2020 6:21 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder who that person for Soma is lol, I definitely don't have any clue. Welp the shitshow begins with this. Asahi is such a fuckin retard. Hope the anime handle things better than the manga.
Jul 30, 2020 6:21 AM

Oct 2017
Also Erina looked hot af in gym outfit.
Aug 1, 2020 5:19 PM

Aug 2017
Well, just like they did with Azami, they forced another antagonist in the show. But the battle between Souma and Asahi was well explained and I have no complaints there. What I did like is that he has a group of followers (Noir) that makes more sense than what they did in the third season by putting the Elite 10 as antagonists instead of rivals to overcome.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 2, 2020 9:01 PM
Nov 2014
Lol, I can't take Noir seriously. I mean, they're not the flipping Akatsuki, just a bunch of chefs that are so broke they need to find other ways of getting their bread. At least it looks like they're all talents.
Aug 3, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
So handy to always have charcoal grill in pocket :) I guess it is like in games you can get anything from your backpack ;]
I would try both of their dishes
I think the story is not interesting at all after watching previous season.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.