Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
The OP and ED are just fun and good!
This episode was a little fast-paced but we got the reason why our main three characters joined The God Of Highschool tournament:
Jin- Wants to fight all kinds of people and get stronger- hope him and blondie can have a rematch
Han- Wants money- which I think is because a relative (may his father or brother) is sick and hospital bills can be expensive
Mira- Wants to revive her family's sword dojo- her dad told her to find a stronger successor
Why can't Mira be the successor? Is that a culture issue?
The animation was fucking amazing in the Gang, Man-Seok vs Go Gamdo- the punches and kicks were so intense
Hope we get more backstory next week!
Jul 13, 2020 9:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Woah, that was one speedy episode! But the glorious Sakuga and pure entertainment value is still at the top of its game even though the drama from Yu Mira was underwhelming in all honesty. A shoutout to the Soundtracks too.

Jin knocking the lights out of his kouhai's opponent was freakin' lit though! Just the way the whole scene was handled was hype as heck. Too bad it seems like this might dent his progress but I highly doubt it'll come to an expulsion at least.

A quick sneak peak into Park this episode too. Off to America to do some "business" with the US President, huh? Judging by his ability, I'm guessing he was the one who destroyed that island. Definitely curious for more...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 13, 2020 9:39 AM

Nov 2018
The animation is pretty good, the pacing is still fast but i am still expecting some heavy backstory for the 3 main characters.
Jul 13, 2020 9:40 AM
Apr 2020
Wow! This is getting better and better! Story and animation are both great!

Jul 13, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2009
It fine, i prefer when the mc is weak and become stronger later

Bring stronger character multiple times in same episode is no fun.
Jul 13, 2020 9:46 AM

Feb 2020
The Fight sequences were superb!!!!
Jin Mori does classic anime rescue interference in the middle of a fight!!
The scene where that girl (can't remember her name) slaps Jin was a bit Awkward, There wasn't any need to that out of nowhere!!

Overall it was good!!!!
Very good!!

Jul 13, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2011
Literally on point with the WEBTOON. Thank god for crunchyroll originals. Sad it’s only 13 episodes!
Jul 13, 2020 9:53 AM
Sep 2017
Feels like a show that knows what it is and doesn't really try to be anything more than that, but with animation like this, I'm not complaining at all. Hopefully, it can keep the long stretches of gorgeous animation up for the rest of its run
Jul 13, 2020 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
Felt very fast paced, less than the first episode but still too fast, but the fight scene was heat

Jul 13, 2020 9:55 AM
Mar 2018
roppuri said:
This has rushed adaptation all over it, those fast flashbacks..... if only this went for 24 it's totally will be amazing (since GoH first arc is basically the best among all) as a reader i agree there are some parts that should be cutted-off but not this fast.... well but okay, still entertaining.

I guess you haven't read the Ragnarok arc or the latest arc that's on going, those 2 are the best ones. I'll go as far as to say that the Ragnarok arc for me is one of the best arcs in any shounen manga/webtoon.
Jul 13, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah this is Taekwondo.

Jul 13, 2020 9:56 AM
Mar 2018
Justinian2324 said:
Hell yeah! Episode 2 baby.

This episode was rushed, since I noticed that they cut deliberately those important parts like the characters backstory. Still those animation is lit. It is clean and smooth that is fitting for those fights. I'm not surprised though, because they used motion capture for the fight scenes.

Overall, since the episode is rushed yet good, then I will rate it 4/5

They don't use the motion capture in the anime. It was only done for reference for the animators to be as accurate as possible when drawing the frames.
Jul 13, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2015
it seems they're going the "Too fast paced, sakuga fest beaultiful battles" way, and are forgetting about the character development

Ain't complaining tho. 9/10 it's real entertaining
Jul 13, 2020 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
A little disappointed it's already gotten to the point of just sheer superpower action. Well at least the visuals are nice.
Jul 13, 2020 10:00 AM

Feb 2010
ElGoblino said:
I guess you haven't read the Ragnarok arc or the latest arc that's on going, those 2 are the best ones. I'll go as far as to say that the Ragnarok arc for me is one of the best arcs in any shounen manga/webtoon.

It's just my opinion, everyone can have different opinions.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 13, 2020 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
Question for GOH readers,

Is the horrendous and awful pacing in the manga (manwha) or is it just this anime?
AnimeFanTalkJul 13, 2020 10:12 AM
Jul 13, 2020 10:13 AM
Jul 2019
AnimeFanTalk said:
Question for GOH readers,

Is the horrendous and awful pacing in the manga (manwha) or is it just this anime?

No, the anime is stuffing over 100 chapters into 13 episodes so obviously it’s gonna be rushed.
Jul 13, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
Another fun episode!

Typical for a good guy to stand up for someone else, getting himself into more shit, but it's interesting and drives plot forward. Love it.
Jul 13, 2020 10:16 AM

Jun 2020
Goddamn Jin Mori is too badass holy shit, it does feel like they're going a bit too fast but it's frankly alright. I'm digging it.

This anime shit is addictive
Jul 13, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2015
Not really interesting. Somewhat cliche motivation for characters and also not enough information on characters to make them likeable. They are cool, sure. The fights were impressive too but at the same time, kinda boring.
Jul 13, 2020 10:31 AM
Feb 2018
I'm really conflicted right now. I think this looks nice, but it's lacking the soul of the manhua.

The anime version of this move wasn't even close to as epic.

even this is closer.
Jul 13, 2020 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
man I was worried about this adaption, but it's great - amazing fights, fav OP of this year easily and exactly the pace I love, hope it keeps it up - can't wait for more
Jul 13, 2020 10:51 AM

Nov 2018
Animation and choreography was excellent and crispy, characters got some development, overall, I'd say this is another awesome episode of TGOH. I wonder what the punishment will be?

The episode felt like 5-10 minutes instead of 24, how the fuck did it fly by that fast?

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 13, 2020 11:03 AM
Jul 2016
Kinben69 said:
I know I'll get some hate but I am really dissapointed in the anime so far. They rush it way too much, they don't use the animation budget on the important parts, they don't explain key character traits and features of the tournaments, the levels part is just forgotten, the flashbacks were so short and unnoticeable. At this point I think they just make an anime meant as an advertisment to the webtoon instead of a good anime. I prefered much more for them to stick to less material instead of rushing like that through the chapters.
No buildup.

I second your opinion.
Jul 13, 2020 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
As expected, the action in this show is great and fun to watch. The animation was on point as well. Like I said last week, I just hope the team at Mappa can keep this quality consistent for the rest of the show.

I'm glad Jin interfered and kicked that guys ass but I'm worried about how they'll punish him for doing so.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 13, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2020
FUCKING!AWESOME WE CAN SAY THAT THE BEST ANIMATION SO FAR IN 2020 LOOKING FORWARD TO AOT SEASON 4
Jul 13, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2011
I thought the first episode was kinda fun in a goofy self-aware way, but this second episode was offensively bad.

It glosses over character back stories, which to me suggests that the characters/plot aren't important to this show (which is fine for a schlocky action show), but then I get the horrible feeling it's trying to set up a really shit plot with cross hand man.

I would have thought if they were going to try and make WebToons a thing they'd pick better material.
Jul 13, 2020 11:10 AM
Jun 2020
DruMzTV said:
What a weird shitshow.

50% is actually greatly enjoyable and 50% is just straightup atrocius.

The composition of the episode and nearly every sequence, camera angles etc is so weird and random. really makes you think who was high during writing the sceneries.

all of the minor fights were offscreened and baited actual animation. The big fight was the good part, but then Jin mori suddenly kicked like 3 times in the air? and the opponent was supposed to get hit? wat. Or the debris that occured after (not a slight, which would be good) a big delay etc.

So many weird and bad things, but then again the choreography is mostly very smooth and nice to look at, in contrast to the animation which is very often missing in-between animations to make the moves look fluid. But no, it really feels like they are reling on key animation only for a lot of fights.

Well, thats Mappa for you. No flavour.

very, very weird

All I can say with this statement is that the delayed 'hits' are part of the webtoon too, I think it's a stylistic choice.
Jul 13, 2020 11:18 AM
Apr 2020
Infinite said:
I thought the first episode was kinda fun in a goofy self-aware way, but this second episode was offensively bad.

It glosses over character back stories, which to me suggests that the characters/plot aren't important to this show (which is fine for a schlocky action show), but then I get the horrible feeling it's trying to set up a really shit plot with cross hand man.

I would have thought if they were going to try and make WebToons a thing they'd pick better material.

The material is good and explained. The adaptation is at fault here.
Jul 13, 2020 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
I'm glad that they haven't used CGI
Jul 13, 2020 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
I’ve got to admit that this was a pretty good episode
Jul 13, 2020 11:28 AM

Jan 2017
I still don't know what to think about this, the animation is ok in one shoot but meh in another. Also, wft with those power levels? It's going from normal human combat to Dragonball with the "bad guy" having some magic powers...
Jul 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Apr 2020
They really baited the fuck out of people with that cliffhanger from last episode. Curious when their actual fight will start. I'm thinking 4 or 5. Wouldn't be surprised if we get some story focused episodes later on looking like cheap dogshit. I'm all for it though, sakuga baby.

Also, people really weren't lying when they said that this is like DB. It's all about the power levels, no tactics whatsoever.
Jul 13, 2020 11:32 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode, loved it so much!! MAPPA is too good to be true :O
Jul 13, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2019
honshin_ said:
Yeah this is Taekwondo.

ROFLMAONDHOUSE KICK

Jorden_625 said:
I'm really conflicted right now. I think this looks nice, but it's lacking the soul of the manhua.

The anime version of this move wasn't even close to as epic.

even this is closer.

First is Webtoon

Second is RUSHED

The exactly definition
Jul 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2019
Infinite said:

I second this. Though I will say that the episode kept me entertained at the very least with the fight choreography and animation, which seem to be the best part of the show.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Jul 2019
DruMzTV said:
What a weird shitshow.

50% is actually greatly enjoyable and 50% is just straightup atrocius.

The composition of the episode and nearly every sequence, camera angles etc is so weird and random. really makes you think who was high during writing the sceneries.

all of the minor fights were offscreened and baited actual animation. The big fight was the good part, but then Jin mori suddenly kicked like 3 times in the air? and the opponent was supposed to get hit? wat. Or the debris that occured after (not a slight, which would be good) a big delay etc.

So many weird and bad things, but then again the choreography is mostly very smooth and nice to look at, in contrast to the animation which is very often missing in-between animations to make the moves look fluid. But no, it really feels like they are reling on key animation only for a lot of fights.

Well, thats Mappa for you. No flavour.

very, very weird
its not exacly missing in-betweens but more like the animators style, most of the more low frames animation is done by the director himself which tends to animate like that, he inst a kugai which is the god of low frame animation but i do find him to be quite good still
Jul 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
I honestly don’t mind the fast pacing here, but I guess i’m in the minority when I say that. Nonetheless, I really liked this episode too. Guess i’m just a sucker for cool fight animations.

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Jul 13, 2020 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
The fight again was pretty damn dope!! If they manage to keep this up, I will most likely enjoy this a lot more than Tower of God!

I really dig the MC's right now! They are all bad-ass in their own way, but Mori especially is awesome to look at!! He just likes to meddle with other things that isn't suppose to be his business.. I wonder what his punishment is going to be!

OST is also pretty damn good!
Jul 13, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
This episode felt pretty fast, but I still enjoyed the fights.
Jul 13, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2016
i really like this anime so far, its fast paced and the animation is really good. i feel like im in the minority when i say i like its fast pace, and while it feels a bit rushed, i think it does a pretty good job of adapting the webtoon.
Jul 13, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2017
Another week, another incredible episode. I seriously can't get over how amazing the animation and soundtrack are! I already love the dynamic between Mira, Jin & Daewi; even though they haven't known each other long at all, they're relationship feels really natural.
Jul 13, 2020 12:32 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I thought that this episode was pretty fun. I like how they delayed the resolution of last episodes cliffhanger for comedy. I also like Jin's laid-back nice guy attitude. Being overpowered is way more annoying when the OP character is a Sasuke or Naruto.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 13, 2020 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
RihanD said:
Arin-san said:

Exactly my freakin point. Wasn't it supposed to be a battle royale? Then why's there more than one contender. Also what happened to the fight between Jin and that other big evil dude? I thought they would've picked up where they left from, but they didn't. It feels WAY TOO rushed, and I don't even read webtoon and I can already tell that this is rushed.
Nothing to do untill someone who read the webtoon come & explains it to us!!!
Well if you need some explanation then here you go. Apparently that battle royal was prelims. 32 contestants qualified for the finals, and it is of 1v1 format. You're out the moment you lose. And about the fight at the end of last episode, Mira interfered to get her sword back and our poor boy Mori got hit by both Mira and that big dude and he barely managed to move up to the finals. And yes, the anime is way too rushed. I was hoping they'd give some back story or some explanation in the 2nd episode but they didn't. Luckily I have read the webtoon so I know what's going but can't say for others who haven't.
Jul 13, 2020 12:34 PM
Jul 2019
i am ok with rush
also some change better than Manhwa
Jul 13, 2020 1:01 PM
Apr 2015
DruMzTV said:
2 episodes in 12 chapters in the webtoon. (+ they skipped a ton of shit) pretty garbage adaptation tbh

Nah
Its still enjoyable adaptation
You should know webtoon and anime
They diffrent Media so don't compare in each panel
Jul 13, 2020 1:03 PM

Feb 2018
I like the way that they use martial arts with a superhuman power but it's a bit weird that anime is never mentioned about why people can jump 15 meter high or stop motorcycle with a single punch. I'm waiting an explanation in next episode.
Jul 13, 2020 1:28 PM

Feb 2020
this episode was really uninteresting idk.. maybe this just isn't my type of anime. but everyone was commenting how fast-paced it was and coming from not reading the webtoon i can sense that already from seeing how quickly there relationship built.
Jul 13, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2020
The second episode of the show was just as fast paced, and very enjoyable. It was nice to see the reasons our main characters are competing in the tournament. It was interesting to see the different fighting styles the characters have.

The animation was quite good this episode. The fight scenes were also done very well. I'm excited to see the next episode.
Jul 13, 2020 1:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another fast paced episode from Tower of God in which we find out what the three main characters are fighting for. I really liked Jin's use Taekwondo.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

290 by andreiivroski »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.