-Has good OST
-Has an interesting plot
-Gives me the "feels"
-Never makes me yawn
-Has rewatch value
-Has decent animations
-No fillers

Then it's a solid 10 for me.
I know there are some picky people out there and I'd like to see what's going through their mind when rating an anime.
removed-userSep 25, 2020 6:52 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2020 10:33 PM

Nov 2016
Almost same like you:
Good animation
I have lots of enjoyment from it
no boring episode
no trashtalkings about nothing
no annoying characteristics of MC
when I have sometimes goosebumps during watching
lastly if it is action anime - no fights skipping (I mean when most of fights end in 2 secs or with 1 magic spell/punch/kick it isn't action for me)
Jul 10, 2020 10:37 PM

Nov 2018
What you just listed can apply for any show that's rated a 7, 8 or 9 IMO.

10/10 shows resonate with my soul and leave a long lasting impact in my anime-enjoying experience. Animation and art has to be wonderful (in the context of when it aired). The story and world building is deep and intriguing and well thought out. The characters are compelling, likeable, and well-written and developed. The music (OSTs, OPs/EDs) should be used properly and are memorable.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Jul 10, 2020 10:38 PM

Dec 2017
A 10 for me is sonething that keep me glue to the tv and got:
1.good story telling
2. good characters
3. good plot
4. nice animation and above
im not picky about my 10 but i give 10 to the ones who got me hyped and connected with the mc and the show.
Don't fuck up the present, it's connected to your future!
Jul 10, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
If I get the 'feelings' I give 10/10 and also some animes those are not known. Like I gave Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (Asterisk Wars are trash please please watch this anime instead I beg you.) and Youjo Senki 10/10 just I wanted them known more.
Jul 10, 2020 10:40 PM

Sep 2008
if a show can bait me with core concepts, make me enjoy it enough with it's execution, and give me enough twists to keep my interests, all while making me overlook any flaws I'd spot anywhere else, that's a 10/10.
ι¦¬ιΉΏγ’γŸε€«η†γ€€ε…¨ιƒ¨γ‚¬γƒ©γ‚―γ‚Ώγ§
Jul 10, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
I don't believe there is a 10/10 animu
Jul 10, 2020 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
Stuff that pushed the boundaries of what I thought I could experience from fiction/art. Usually when I give a show the 'masterpiece' pass, it has affected me as a person one way or another.

That being said, I don't give 10s often. It has to excel in everything.
Major aspects like animation, music, story and voice acting have to be top-notch.

Sometimes that may not be the case for one category but the others are so fantastically done that they carry it through.

Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights β–΅ Crylix#0810
Jul 10, 2020 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Omegeria said:
Either something I see as flawless like Mob Psycho 100 II, or something that “changed my life”(circlejerk aside for a sec) like Your Lie in April, or something that does both like End of Evangelion.
With that being said I don’t even rate shows so you might not want to listen to me lol, I just wanted to blab in about my fave shows for a bit

I just finished rewatching Your Lie in April
It went from a 7 to a 10 for me after rewatching it for some reason lol
How did it change your life?
Jul 10, 2020 10:54 PM

Aug 2009
A significantly high level of entertainment and/or sentimental value that's greater than the sum of a show's or movie's parts.

Jul 10, 2020 11:13 PM

Jun 2019
A) Something which appeals to me sufficiently at the intellectual level

B) Something which appeals to me sufficiently at the emotional level

C) Something which appeals to me sufficiently at the sensory level

D) Ideally, all of the above

The more it adequately introduces and deftly marries and blends thought-provoking ideas, concepts, and themes which exhibit novelty and inspire curiosity and wonder, and is immersive almost at the base physiological level, the better. This can be achieved in one way through deep character writing and well-placed/organically-integrated substantive exposition which is evocative of a tangible and visceral sense of time, place, movement, interpersonal exchange, etc.
WatchTillTandavaJul 10, 2020 11:18 PM
Jul 10, 2020 11:21 PM

Nov 2019
For me a 9 is a flawless anime/manga. So a 10 is reserved for those pieces of media which really connected with me, the ones I would dare to say that identify me.
Jul 10, 2020 11:29 PM

Nov 2018
If i enjoy the fuck outta it, i give it a 10. Never would have thought i would give Haikyuu 10. God damn that anime is an absolute fire.
Jul 10, 2020 11:30 PM

Jan 2020
It's not as big of a deal for me.

It should just be a show I really, really like that I genuinely think is really, really good.

Yeah, but I still don't like handing out 10s like a few peeps and to an extent value that spot
MistaAshJul 10, 2020 11:38 PM
Jul 10, 2020 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
10 ratings are the ones that leave a deep emotional impact , is flawless at least for me and there is a clear cut boundary between that specific anime and other animes
I have seen many people giving a lot of 10s , like I know a user that has 147 10s but for me it is a masterpiece that I prioritize a lot so I just have 3 10s
what the OP said is something I see to rate an anime 8 , you are pretty lineant on your 10s if you use this criteria
removed-userJul 10, 2020 11:40 PM
Jul 10, 2020 11:36 PM
Sep 2018
Really its just the feeling of a 10 over any quantitative thing. If I cant stop thinking about it, "changes my life", and/or I have basically no doubts about its greatness as I often do for 9's, then it would qualify. I think the reason why i give 10's out so seldomly though is more because of a lack of confidence then me putting it up to some unachievable high standard as some "There is no such thing as a 10" types may. I guess its all an issue of rounding, since their is no zero on this website I tend to think of every number as a score unconditionally rounded up, or atleast try to.
Jul 10, 2020 11:38 PM
Jan 2019
A 7 must be fun and rewatchable. They can have gaping flaws, but if I had a good time, I will give it a 7

An 8 must be fun and rewatchable, but must have something that makes it stand out from a 7 (great animation/OST/Character/story)

A 9 must be fun and rewatchable, have 2-3 qualities that make it stand out, and be critically difficult to find flaws with. It may have flaws, but they are very few and far between

Now to actually answer the question:
A 10 must simply be life changing. None of the other crap mentioned. There have been few anime to move me to the extent of changing the way I perceive myself and the world. A 10/10 must have helped mold the person I am today. That is the requirement to be a "masterpiece" in my eyes.
Jul 10, 2020 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
LvChoKer said:
1.good story telling
2. good characters
3. good plot
im not picky about my 10 but i give 10 to the ones who got me hyped and connected with the mc and the show.

considering you have 101 animes with a rating of 10 , you don't see it something as a masterpiece but a good anime , the criterias you mentioned are just a 8 or 9 for me but in no way a 10 plus so many of your '10' rated shows shouldn't get more than a 8
removed-userJul 10, 2020 11:42 PM
Jul 10, 2020 11:43 PM

Apr 2018
while animation, art style, ost, etc all play a factor into what goes into a 10, the two main things for me would be 1. Regardless of the show's re-watch-ability, it left an impression so strong it becomes a show I hold to a standard to other shows of that genre (not too harshly of course), and 2. The re-watch-ability... if a show can be watched over and over without ever tiring or getting bored of I believe that alone is worth a 10.
Jul 10, 2020 11:43 PM

Dec 2017
Dragonland04 said:
LvChoKer said:
1.good story telling
2. good characters
3. good plot

considering you have 101 animes with a rating of 10 , you don't see it something as a masterpiece but a good anime , the criterias you mentioned are just a 8 or 9 for me but in no way a 10
i gave 10 what i think deserved a 10 but in this 10 there are some that i liked more so will i give the rest 9 because of that? no i will give what i like 10 and i know what really is a masterpiece in all this 10.
tho 101 its alot i wasnt even aware of that
Jul 10, 2020 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
LvChoKer said:
Dragonland04 said:

considering you have 101 animes with a rating of 10 , you don't see it something as a masterpiece but a good anime , the criterias you mentioned are just a 8 or 9 for me but in no way a 10
i gave 10 what i think deserved a 10 but in this 10 there are some that i liked more so will i give the rest 9 because of that? no i will give what i like 10 and i know what really is a masterpiece in all this 10

you know what really is a masterpiece ? that statement is a literal contradiction of your anime list considering 1/4 of the animes you have watched , you have rated 10 , it does not seem to me that those animes are something special for you
Jul 10, 2020 11:46 PM

Apr 2018
Anything that I would be willing and have the material to write several extended analytical essays about, the vast majority of which is not bashing it.
Jul 10, 2020 11:47 PM
May 2019
>Well it should not be boring.
>Makes me wanna start the next episode
everytime one episode ends.
>Should not have annoying characters.
Especially the main character. MC should not
be a simp and should not be generic shoumen
protagonist
>Good animation
>A unique story and style
Jul 10, 2020 11:50 PM

Jun 2016
Looking at the two 10s I've given they're both boring anime starring adults so I guess that's the criteria
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 10, 2020 11:51 PM
May 2020
If the anime 'touched' ny innermost feelings. Like 3-gatsu No Lion, Nagi No Asukara, Tsuki ga Kirei or Natsume Yuujinchou. These few has decent animation, good OST, relatable characters, showed a glimpse of reality despite having Fantasy as the main genre (Nagi No Asukara and Natsume Yuujinchou) and made me reflect about my whole goddamn life.
Jul 10, 2020 11:54 PM

Dec 2017
Dragonland04 said:
LvChoKer said:
i gave 10 what i think deserved a 10 but in this 10 there are some that i liked more so will i give the rest 9 because of that? no i will give what i like 10 and i know what really is a masterpiece in all this 10

you know what really is a masterpiece ? that statement is a literal contradiction of your anime list considering 1/4 of the animes you have watched , you have rated 10 , it does not seem to me that those animes are something special for you
I can say that for sure that i made some mistakes with my 10 and i will correct this later but like i said if something keeps me glued to the tv never wanting to miss a single moment can count between 10 and 9 now i can say that 101 is alot and i was surprise because i know theres no way for me to actually find that in this much shows and thank you for pointing out my mistake
Jul 11, 2020 1:40 AM
Aug 2018
For me a 10/10 is something that possesses a combination of ANY or ALL of these traits (at least 2 or more):

-has near infinite re-watch value

-is a visual work of art that showcases incredible and beautiful feats of animation

-has an exceptionally high degree of quality and craftsmanship put into other aspects of the production, not including the animation itself (writing, characters, script, direction, music/sound, etc...)

-has a high degree of originality

-is a timeless classic that will persist in the minds of the fandom long after most other works have faded from memory

-is an iconic work that is greatly influential to anime/manga as a whole

-a work that deeply resonates with you or moves you emotionally/spiritually

-is something that forms part of the foundation of your tastes/preferences in anime (or entertainment in general), and is special to you on a personal level.

If a 10 is supposed to be the best of the best, the bar needs to be high.
Jul 11, 2020 1:52 AM

May 2013
Assuming all other mentioned things have been satisfied, the only time I qualify something to a 10 is if the story has a good conclusion that wraps the plot in a cohesive manner. Else, it just stays at a 9.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 11, 2020 2:02 AM

Sep 2018
Something entertaining and very close to my heart to sum it up briefly. I look at technical factors when giving a score as well, but if I feel like an anime truly deserves a 10 I will give it one.
Jul 11, 2020 2:09 AM

Jul 2019
- I enjoyed it very much
- It kept me engaged meaning it is something I would watch rather than sleep
- Likable characters
- Good art
- Touched me emotionally
Jul 11, 2020 2:16 AM

Mar 2020
I gave a 10 to two animes (almost all their seasons): Gintama and Saiki K.
Gintama, because it's the best anime I've watched, even though it's not flawless, I love it so much, it deserves a 10.
Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan because I think it's flawless.

So well a 10 has to make me feel like THIS IS THE BEST.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Jul 11, 2020 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
For me:
• Memorable characters
• Good OSTs
• Moments which make me say "hell yeah!" or almost make me cry
• It keeps me hooked.
Jul 11, 2020 2:41 AM
Jun 2020
Its either i like it i'd give a 10 and if i dont i'd give a 1 simple as that
Jul 11, 2020 2:49 AM

Feb 2019
For the most part, the anime needs to have a certain degree of quality throughout (visuals, characters, plot development, ending) and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't have any issues with very minor flaws, since nothing can really be perfect. Fulfilling these general requirements gets a 9 from me.

To get a 10, it needs to also be exceptional in one way or another, and I classify them into four different categories. If an anime has multiple seasons, I give 10 only to the one that appealed to me the most, the rest gets a 9 at best.

The first is for those which hooked me into watching anime, but this does not encompass all of the anime I watched early on, only those which were done really well and made me want to look for more. Namely, Spirited Away, Hyouka, Gintama° and SKET Dance.

The second is for those which tried to do something different, and did so successfully. This includes Monogatari Second Season and High Score Girl. Now for High Score Girl, it actually defies the general guidelines I mentioned at the start, but I love arcade games and it's a nice peek into the arcade culture in those times. Season 2 barely touched on the arcade games and focused more on the love story, making it more of a generic anime but with that off-putting 3DCG, which is why I disliked it a lot more.

The third is for those which resonate with me especially well. The ones in this category are Fruits Basket (2019), Koe no Katachi, Perfect Blue and Bunny Girl Senpai. For Fruits Basket, I haven't watched the second season yet.

The last category is for those which are extremely impressive from a technical standpoint. Belonging to this category are Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tenki no Ko and Violet Evergarden Gaiden.
Jul 11, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2018
I only want my cute girls. I can accept a support male if he is only in the background .And he can NEVER step over the line. The girls are MY beloved little property and I dont share MY girls with stupid anime males. Leave MY angels the hell alone!

Pureness are a extremely important factor for me. And my females cant talk or show any kind of interest towards males either. I dont like that. I only accept pure lesbians

So the anime need to be pure and gay. If I consider the anime to be impure it cant get full points. The 10s on my list are reserved for my well behaved little lesbian angels . They are so damn cute and therefore deserves to get 10 IMO

Yuri-CrusaderJul 11, 2020 3:33 AM
Jul 11, 2020 3:02 AM

Jul 2019
It can have whatever flaws it wants, everyone else can hate it. It might not be perfect but a 10 is perfect for me
Always trust yer tummy!
Jul 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Feb 2019
Story
Characters
Osts and also visual quality of the show
And most importantly is the enjoyment ^^
Rarely I can find one anime has all of them together
Jul 11, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 2020
What qualifies as a 10 for me is
First is of course the story
Second is character development
Third is the background music/op/ed
Fourth is the quality of animation
Jul 11, 2020 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
It simply has to be the best. Better than all the shit and all of the generic shit.

Jul 11, 2020 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
For me a 10 Anime is something that is so good that I usually can watch it and skip over the flaws. These include so far that’s just the Violet Evergarden franchise, Howls Moving Castle, and A Silent Voice and out of the 3, only a silent voice could be called a perfect anime.
Jul 11, 2020 4:02 AM

May 2015
It usually comes down to the combination of most of the factors mentioned above plus my own emotional investment to the story, characters, well, the anime/manga as a whole. That's what breaks shows and manga into the 10 zone for me, though I wish the way I rate things were always that consistent.
FreyJul 11, 2020 4:11 AM
Jul 11, 2020 4:06 AM

May 2015
- Maximum enjoyment.
- Good plot/story.
- Good MC.
- Good characters.
- Great ending.
- No irritating characters.
- No disappointing outcomes.
- Good art style and animation.

But most importantly it has to be one of a kind.
TheBerserkerJul 11, 2020 6:20 AM
Jul 11, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2020
enjoyed the most

fucking character minimum limit so i give extra letters this has nothing to do with the actual post
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Jul 11, 2020 6:48 AM

Jun 2015
if i like it enough to favorite it lol

Jul 11, 2020 6:56 AM
May 2018
the anime which compels me to dream about it while i am sleeping and make my own version of the story.
Jul 11, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2019
- Stellar quality (animation, music, etc...)
- An easy watch with a satisfying story that captures my attention for the entire anime
- Makes me feel something
- Likeable characters

It’s usually the second criteria that prevents me from scoring some of the best anime I’ve watched as 10s.

Jul 11, 2020 7:04 AM

Apr 2020
It's a personal thing, I can't explain.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 11, 2020 7:05 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
For me 10 is a favourite anime, so I guess I just need to like it a lot. That includes enjoyment (first and foremost), story, characters, emotional aspect, voice acting, music, and sounds.
I'm super not picky about the art style and animation so, although I will appreciate them when done well, I won't rate anime lower if the visuals are the only downside.
Jul 11, 2020 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
I guess it has to do with the uniqueness of the story and characters and whether or not it has a lasting impression on me. If it's easily forgettable, then I may not rate an anime that high.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
5 seconds ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 41 minutes ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

29 by Absurdo_N »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

26 by FedeMetal »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.