Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2020 10:38 AM
Dec 2018
Already seen so many hate reviews about this show but I still think its the best thriller anime this decade, the plot twists are mind-blowing, the animation was great and captivating especially when things get darker and scarier like the facial expessions and the corpses, it really messes with your mind and plays with your patience, the characters were also great even though we didnt get to know more details about them more than what we already know but that had to happen since the studio wasnt going to adapt the whole manga in one season, I also appreciate the writing and the amount of efforts that were put to make to keep the show mysterious and not reveal all the secrets at once (more like a puzzle to be more precise)

Opinions?
Jul 10, 2020 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the show and the worldbuilding. I just wasn't sold on the characters. I did read the Manga after I finished the Anime, but still I think the characters are the weakest aspect of the story
Jul 10, 2020 10:44 AM

Mar 2020
Great characters, a masterpiece of a story, stunning villains and a somewhat noteworthy of twists.

1/10. I hated it.
Jul 10, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2019
Honestly, I think it's probably one of the best anime of the past decade. Although its had its share of success, I feel like if it had came out any other year instead of 2019 (like this year), it would have garnered even more attention (it had to basically compete with KnY, SnK S3P2, Mob Psycho II, Vinland Saga, Shield Hero, etc... for attention).

I'm greatly looking forward to season 2, though I've heard the series peaks in its first arc.
Jul 10, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 2018
The first 35-40 chapters i.e. 1st season is great. The next 40 or so chapters are also good and then it goes in a downward spiral. I dropped the manga.
Jul 10, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2015
The first arc was gold, I wish that kind of strategies and plot twists it had at the beginning were more frequent in the rest of the manga, but after that arc the series started to go downhill, it was not bad, but it was not that interesting anymore. I like the ending anyway.
Jul 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
Personally I loved the anime, it was my favorite show from 2019,. The first half of the manga is really great, but after that it started to decline heavily and the ending was pretty bad.
This is just my opinion, though.
Jul 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2017
First arc was fantastic, the next ones are pretty great

But man, the latest arcs and especially the last one are disappointing
Jul 10, 2020 11:07 AM

Jan 2020
WASTED POTENTIAL
Ngl, the first arc was just amazing. I even gave it a 9/10. The following arc isn't that good, but isn't bad either. It's decent.
However everything after that is just horrible. Everything that made the first arc great was taken and thrown down the drain.
- The stakes weren't high or maybe it was, but it didn't weigh down on me like before.
- Suddenly, it felt like Emma and Co. could do everything and there was no sense of suspense and anxiety.
- Characters had pretty much no impactful development and were very inconsistent. Ray as a character was rendered completely obsolete.
- Plot weakened a lot and became predictable. Don't get me wrong, its okay to be predictable. But not for a series like TPN which thrives on suspense/twists.
MistaAshJul 10, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 10, 2020 11:10 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
I liked it but it never struck me as something spectacular. Probably because it's hard for me to get into a show where the characters are such young children. All in all, it's definitely worth the watch (although as a lot of users above mentioned, most people believe there seems to be a drop in quality as the show goes on).
Jul 10, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2015
One of the best food anime out there.
Jul 10, 2020 11:35 AM
Dec 2018
Loved it, one of the best thriller animes I watched. Each episode was great and really got me excited for the next.
Jul 10, 2020 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Wasn't a fan of S1. I think it was mediocre, and with how people are saying about the future arcs, probably not going to check out any further seasons.
Jul 10, 2020 3:57 PM

Aug 2019
In my top 5 last year. Loved it, and looking forward to the next season. We'll see what it brings.
Jul 10, 2020 4:01 PM

Jan 2020
bineet11 said:
The first 35-40 chapters i.e. 1st season is great. The next 40 or so chapters are also good and then it goes in a downward spiral. I dropped the manga.

this is basically my opinion on promised neverland
Jul 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Dec 2019
I liked the anime, I went and read the manga. While the beginning was definitely the strongest point due to the strategies and planning they went through as well as how tense it felt throughout. The later arcs do kinda throw the intelligence aspect the first arc had to the backseat in favor of focusing on family (but not by blood) and action as well as the world building.

I still enjoyed the later chapters, I thought the world building was great. The characters are okay, though some are kinda thrown to the background and others are never seen. While the ending was given mixed reviews, I didn't hate it. It's ambiguous and I don't mind it. I feel like a happy ending would've felt forced and a sad ending would've been a kick in the teeth. So I'm not angry about it.

I liked it, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't perfect either. ^^
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Jul 10, 2020 7:33 PM
Jul 2020
I absolutely loved season 1, I do think they built suspense and tension in just the right way. There was quite a bit of exposition at times, which while not necessarily a bad thing did make certain sections feel a little more like a slog.

While I haven’t read the manga yet, it definitely strikes me as a series that has a great premise starting out (escaping the farm in this case), but one that’s hard to translate once the initial goal has been achieved.
Jul 10, 2020 7:40 PM

Jun 2019
It saddens me in a way that this is the type of anime which seems like it would have been given 50, 75, or 100+ episodes back n the 90s or early 2000s, but now is given 12 or 13 by default.

I realize there will be a second season which has already been greenlit and due to air early next year (originally the autumn, but pushed back like many other things due to the pandemic crisis), but I can't help but think this seriously hurt the pacing and character development around major events early in the story, rather than if it was decided and planned from the beginning to be a much longer show.

I didn't like the fast and often rushed-seeming pacing, the pretty barebones surface level character development, or the awkward and forced-seeming shoehorning in of plot twists relying on deliberate narrative misleads and omitting information shown to the viewer like character X saying something like "Actually, when I said this back then I really meant this and did the opposite!" That started to feel really tacky, cheap, and overused after a while.

I haven't actually rated it yet officially since I decided some time ago to wait a few weeks to a few months after finishing a show to rate it to allow it some time to settle in my brain, but I'll probably rate it a 7. I know that I mainly criticized it, but I consider myself a fairly lenient and generous rater compared to some, it was overall still "good" with an interesting premise and am glad I watched it, but prevented from being something greater or phenomenal because of the issues I raised, and also what would prevent it from an 8 rating, let alone a 9 or 10.

Now, in retrospect, maybe a year or years from now depending on how long the series goes on for and whether I watch it all and am alive and conscious to be able to do so, perhaps I'll feel differently about it after viewing the rest.
Jul 10, 2020 7:43 PM
Oct 2015
I loved the first arc. I satisfied with the high score the first season got. I mean I gave it 9. However, I was kind of disappointed of the ending of the first arc, it felt like the mom started to not see anything. Is she blind suddenly. As for the next, it had a good start with a good promise, but lasts few chapters. The last thing that made start to hate it is the fact that many majors event are just too convenient. It felt like the world is helping them.
Jul 10, 2020 7:43 PM
Oct 2015
I loved the first arc. I satisfied with the high score the first season got. I mean I gave it 9. However, I was kind of disappointed of the ending of the first arc, it felt like the mom started to not see anything. Is she blind suddenly. As for the next, it had a good start with a good promise, but lasts few chapters. The last thing that made start to hate it is the fact that many majors event are just too convenient. It felt like the world is helping them.
Jul 10, 2020 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
Only watched the anime. It was pretty good, but a little overhyped IMO. I had some minor grievances but I don't remember for what exactly. OP was lit though.
Jul 24, 2020 10:01 PM
Jan 2020
I watched the anime recently and I enjoyed it very much. I liked the dynamic between the characters and other things too. Also,the trill element is very good.
Jul 24, 2020 10:08 PM

Oct 2018
The word that describe my feelings about that show are in the opening. FIRE.
Jul 24, 2020 11:43 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the series sub-board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Jul 25, 2020 12:08 AM
Apr 2020
The anime is great. It makes you want to read the manga because you can't wait for the next season to know what happens next. So I read the manga as well.

The manga is well paced, for me. It still gave me that thrill just as much as when I watched it animated. The only thing that seemed so surreal is that the children, at the age range of 6-12 years old, are capable of doing such things. Yes, it is fantasy, and it was also said that a lot of them are genius, but could their physical capacities really be that adept in such a dangerous world?

Anyways, the ending was pretty abrupt for me, though. I don't wanna give spoilers about the ending, but if you've already finished it, what I meant was about the consequence in exchange for what they wished. I'm still okay with how it worked out.

For the manga, it's still a 9/10 for me. I like the building of dystopia. I hope they don't cut away any part from the manga or cramp everything into 1 short season. I hope the anime continues to be just as great.👍

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.