Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 12, 2020 9:19 AM
Nov 2019
I rewatched the entire series to make sure I would be in touch with everything that happened in the show. I'm so glad they didn't change the deep and somewhat edgy dynamic the show has that makes it so great. I gotta say the opening credits got me in my feels, comparing the smiles and saturation of colors on the opening credits to the second season compared to the grim faces and more greyish colors that show up in this season opening credits really sets the mood of the show. Its like similar to the end of the ferris wheel scene where we know that we have to let go of the past, and things are just going to get worse before it gets better.
Jul 12, 2020 10:06 AM
Apr 2018
Why does it feel Like Hachiman is the third wheel? Like if I didnt know any better, I would think the girls were into each other haha
Jul 12, 2020 10:57 AM

Mar 2010
Little did I know that Kawasaki was also being existent in this show and Hikigaya also managed to hit on her by saying that he loves her, of course he did not mean it, but the girl did. Ha..
Jul 12, 2020 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
If I had a sister like Komachi, I would probably be a siscon as well...

Encounter with Kawasaki siblings was amusing too.

Off to a great start.
Jul 12, 2020 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Snafu is back. Good episode

Jul 12, 2020 10:11 PM
Jul 2016
Not knowing nor wanting to know what's in the LN, I'm hoping to get a bit more morose or heavy mood scenes that I so fondly remember from the previous seasons. I sort of miss how 8 was incredibly cynical at the very start and, alas, growing less so.

That said, I was also moved by that sister-brother moment towards the end... if I'm tearing up now I wonder what kind of roller-coaster I'm riding for the rest of the season.
Jul 12, 2020 10:50 PM

Jun 2012
I got some feels watching this, wish it was longer than 12-13 episodes. I dont want it to end ;-;
Jul 12, 2020 10:55 PM

May 2020
Finally new and last season is here, loved the interactions between hachiman and his sister, im expecting great things for this climax, so far so good.
Jul 13, 2020 4:35 AM

May 2018
Holy shit it's finally back! It's been so long since I've watched season 2 that I barely remember anything. Hikigaya is a much different person now compared to how he was in season 1. I feel so proud of him lol
Jul 13, 2020 7:40 AM
Jun 2016
For the novel readers, does this season still have the same rushed pacing of the previous seasons?
Jul 13, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
yes, Oregairu is back.. but I forgot everything that happened in previous season damn its been 5 years.. can someone kindly tell me briefly some important thing happen last season? I would glad to hear that:")
for real tho, I was clueless the whole episode XD

despite everything that I forgot, the conversation between Hiki and his Sister almost brought me to tears. the VA is so great when Hiki's sister hiding her tears.

can't wait for more.
Jul 13, 2020 10:24 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ShichikaAlter said:
For the novel readers, does this season still have the same rushed pacing of the previous seasons?
Yes, it does. But in this season's case it is actually beneficial since the novels feel pretty dragged on around this part. Although, I am pretty worried about the last volume's pacing since it has some extremely good stuff that I would not want to get even one bit.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 13, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
A greeting counts as a conversation to you, doesn't it?

Yes. That's why I try to do it as little as possible.
Jul 13, 2020 3:19 PM

May 2016
The comedy and verbal attacks oh Boy I missed that I didn't enjoy it back then but heck
it's really something funny. 5/5
Jul 13, 2020 6:00 PM

Jul 2013
fugggg i don't remember much at all about the last season so it felt very weird lol
lol
Jul 13, 2020 6:06 PM
Sep 2019
This episode gave me some super warm feelings. Its been so long since I watched the show I might have to go back and read some manga for for a quick refresh. I have to say I really love Kawasaki. Her personality is one of my favorites and this episode it is imoutous for the win. If you didn't cry with hachiman where is your feels?
Jul 13, 2020 7:10 PM

Apr 2014
Hikki is back and things are getting spicier between the main trio! Gotta love his sis-con antics, so glad this series is back.
Jul 13, 2020 7:58 PM
Nov 2016
Will the Season 3 fully cover the LN volumes until the end??
Jul 13, 2020 8:11 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Darwiniiee said:
No reason not to, especially since only 3 remain.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 13, 2020 8:15 PM
Nov 2016
cchigu said:
Darwiniiee said:
No reason not to, especially since only 3 remain.
oh good to hear, i never read the LN so im worried that s3 may have another cliffhanger like the s2
Jul 14, 2020 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, these were some atrociously bad subtitles. It has been so long maybe I'll rewatch previous seasons.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 14, 2020 10:37 PM

Feb 2020
I didn't really understand what the heck was those 3 talking about at first!!!
But I really like the Cafe scene and The convo of Komachi and Hachiman in the End!
Jul 16, 2020 7:03 AM

Feb 2018
Maste or Namaste? I thought it was just a mask, lol.
Jul 17, 2020 8:28 PM
Nov 2017
KAWASAKI BEST GIRLLL
Jul 18, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2020
Idk why this season feels like it's getting more and more poetic and metaphorical. The dialogue is very vague and I'm wasting half of my time reading up on wiki trying to remember what the shiz happened before this season, cuz goddamn I'm lost
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
Komachi best girl
Jul 21, 2020 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
Is there any summary of previous season around? Didn't understand the episode cause forgot what happened.
Jul 23, 2020 9:51 PM
May 2020
Oh, this was wonderful. Awesome OP. Awesome ED. 6/5.
My favorite scene of this episode was the Komachi - Hikigaya scene where they cry.
Man, I was binging the first two seasons till yesterday, and I loved them. And, Oh boy, I love this season, and this episode, in particular, was very good! I am really excited for more episodes!
Jul 24, 2020 6:05 AM

Mar 2018
I am expecting this much. In the beginning the story seems want to sweep it all quick and clean but that cliffhanger about Yukinoshita request makes me want to continue next episode.

Rather the story looks like will move towards the sinking of ship that each character has.

tongsamchongsJul 24, 2020 6:14 AM
Jul 24, 2020 6:52 AM
Nov 2018
love how they started off where they left off. i'm currently watching now, so i'll type my thoughts as i go through it.

hachiman with keika. cuteness overload. we get to see a not-so new side of hachiman!

lmaooo he said i love you to sakisaki HAHAHAHHA

awww hachiman and komachi just hanging out AND HACHIMAN TEARS OF JOY OMG

ED AMAZING
Jul 26, 2020 5:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As the title said, the snow was melted. Unfortunately, that conversation, was due? Or rather i must said, skipped? Idk. The fuck with the first part sequences. Damn about the teasing. For fuck sake, just told the audience!

My rage fortunately had a cure by the cuteness of Komachi. Damn, you, Hachiman for having imouto like her! Ah, not only that, Saki had a screen time too. Her appearance was great. I saw the embarassing moment for her? Its really rare. And i love that scene!

Such a shame. Due to the first episode, i know its not easy to straight up the whole problem with one touch in the heart. Stab it, and be done after that. But, nope. Lets crycling around a bit to take a peek about what is goin on to the other characters. Before we close the huge curtain and finished the entire series with a blasted final blow in one touchable moment. I am gonna have a bad feeling with it. So, my satisfaction over this first somehow in the level of so-so, unfortunately.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 26, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2009
loving it so far! After soooo long. Just finished cant wait to watch more.
Jul 26, 2020 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
cythraul said:
They picked it right where they left last season. The production values seem to be decent and I like the new OP and ED.

Agree totes. おなじみの憂鬱な雰囲気ね。
cythraul said:
Hachiman's interactions with kawasaki were funny and especially that flashback of aishteiru ze kawasaki after hachiman says aishteiru to komachi.
Love her reaction lmao.

ああ、そうです、出荷のきっかけとなったシップね。HachiXSaki shipping started from! lol
Aug 2, 2020 1:28 AM

Jun 2016
Bah, forget waiting. I'll probably end up running into spoilers if I don't watch it now.

This first episode was a blast, couldn't have asked for better. My teen romantic comedy is all grown up now. If it can pace itself like this for the rest of the season I may just end up with a new favorite in my list. High expectations/hype, sure, but after the jump in quality from season 1 to season 2 I have a hard time denying the possibility.
Aug 6, 2020 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
I'm completely lost, as expected.

I don't remember a lot, besides the "Hikki".

Aug 11, 2020 11:09 PM

Aug 2017
Boring. Too much slice of life. I don't know why I even watch this series.
Aug 13, 2020 5:08 AM
Dec 2019
Omg not expected right now
Aug 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2008
Almost 5 years since the show officially was "done" and 4 years since the OVA popped outta nowhere...This better get good. And go in YUI's favor lol
Aug 26, 2020 1:07 PM

Jun 2017
The new op is good. I prefer the openings in 1>3>2 order.
Wholesome moments in this episode. Loved the Saki and then Komachi moments. Finally some characterisation for Yukino. I never found myself sympathising with her in the past seasons. Hopefully it will change now.
Sep 2, 2020 9:11 PM

Jan 2018
well at least the animation didn't take a massive drop like from s1 to s2, i guess it's something
Sep 12, 2020 9:49 AM
Mar 2020
I had that creepy grin on my face while watching the entire episode especially during the second half, glad to have my favorite anime back
Sep 21, 2020 10:21 PM

Dec 2014
lucky me. I held out long enough that I get to binge watch the season, with a couple days to spare for the finale after re-watching the first two seasons for the first time in over 4 years.

Man I'm so glad it's back. I love 8man way too much. I want this man to be my friend so bad.

Also great final scene with the siblings too.
Sep 26, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2014
Wgoaa finally long awaiting Oregairu sequel/continuity after 5 years that i've been waiting for.

Loved the fact they start exactly where they left off in previous season. good grief after 5 years my memory still intact so i ddidn't need to rewatch both previous prequel agaian XD.As usual the scriptwriting and dialogues always being a top notch for me in Oregairu.

The brother-sister moments between 8man and Komachi were so adorably sweet in this one, and some moments with Kawasaki and her sister too.

It's great to hear Yanagi Nagi voice again in this season, what a great OP and the dancing sequence in it quite surprising me, they were so beautiful + crosssdressed Yukino too XD. the ED was so good too as previous season was.

can't wait to finish this wonderful journey of Oregairu in this final season....
Sep 30, 2020 10:59 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Don't cry, Komachi :(

What a way to start the series :D
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 13, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 2020
The cozy winter vibes through this whole episode was amazing!!

The start was pretty much right where we left off which I sort of liked as a refresher but it didn't really feel like a true start to a season, which is why I can't say I super loved this episode. The characters dialogue was very good overall and wholesome to see again!

The sister scenes in this episode were such a charming way to bring back SNAFU and I can't wait for more!
Oct 13, 2020 11:48 AM
Apr 2020
3miL said:
Don't cry, Komachi :(

What a way to start the series :D
That was such a wholesome moment :,)
Oct 23, 2020 9:45 PM
Jan 2019
First, I can't stand Yui's voice, because it's very clearly off-sounding. I don't know if it was, because it was recorded in a different studio, maybe she sent her lines in, but her voice sounds muffled, and it really kills the immersion for me being so picky with sound.

Hachiman showing his sister complex side with Saki's little sister, Keika??? I didn't actually think it was a thing, I just thought they were teasing him when referenced earlier LOL, maybe it's a thing more shown in the manga. Anyway, I'm glad to see the Saki and Komachi scene, especially the flashback. I love Saki's character so much, hopefully she gets a lot more screen time in this season.

Also, I just found out that Season 3 aired this year, 5 years after it's prequel. I'm pretty lucky to have started watching this now, because it would suck to have to wait 5 years after that cliffhanger. My timing blessed me. The animation looks fine to me, only audio problem is Yui's voice. Also Komachi's voice sounds a little different, so does Hachiman's voice, but I guess that's natural when they're voicing characters they haven't done in a long time.

Hachiman crying again, the most important women in his life bringing him to tears. You know what they say, "Women weaken legs", not always such a bad thing.
Oct 24, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, the end of the episode was amazing and hilarious

Nov 1, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
Was Saki mad because he casually said love you? Then didn't do anything later? Maybe she would want to be his girlfriend? It wouldn't be a bad choice actually. I cannot believe that he said that O.o
I am not sure if translation was bad or something, but it was hard to understand what characters meant by saying few things...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 2, 2020 11:41 PM
Aug 2015
Am I the only one who gets incredibly bothered by the voice change of the main character. The show is almost unbearable to watch for me because of the change.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.