Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 10, 2020 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
Coming to this episode after re-watching the first two seasons for a memory refresh. It really picked up smoothly from where it left 5 years ago. Half a decade of waiting and we are finally here to reach a conclusion...

Kawasaki scene was adorable.
Komachi scene was also adorable.
Yukinosita expressing herself was adorable as well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that this episode was FREAKING ADORABLE.

Although the opening has incredible visuals, the song is not my cup of tea. Not that I dislike Yanagi Nagi-sama of course.
The endings of this show never really amazed me but it was pretty nice having Yui's and Yukino's voice actresses singing together again.

Kind of sucks that this is the beginning of the end. Buckle up guys, it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

CrylixJul 10, 2020 10:11 PM
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Jul 10, 2020 10:03 PM
Jun 2019
finally its back, and lets just enjoy this season guys.

still shipping for yui
Jul 10, 2020 10:07 PM

Mar 2020
any predictions on the initial socre, I believe it will be 8.3-8.5
Jul 10, 2020 10:30 PM

Mar 2020
zasshu95 said:
r3su said:
any predictions on the initial socre, I believe it will be 8.3-8.5

Wayyyy higher, look at the statistics tab. 36% giving it a 10 means it'll likely closer to 8.8 or higher.

People will probably start bombarding this with 1's when the score updates. Not like it matters much but that's what I'm expecting.

It would be pretty cool if it gets anything above 8.6, I never understood why s1 and s2 scores are so low
Jul 10, 2020 10:31 PM

Oct 2010
TiagoCosta said:
Kougeru said:
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Komachi is the best imouto.

That said, the translations from Sentai were horrible. I'm too lazy to go through them all but I found a guy that is going through a lot of them and hopefully if this gains traction Sentai will get a better translator and fix all these mistakes. (Unlikely - they seem to not care given their history of bad translations)

https://twitter.com/UBTTLV/status/1281763086874152960?s=19

Quite the reverse, sentai always tends to change the translation on the home media release.

Okay but that doesn't help the vast majority. They never fixed the subs on their streams. Which is odd, cuz it's not hard to replace the sub file.

Jul 10, 2020 10:35 PM

Oct 2010
https://twitter.com/UBTTLV/status/1281763086874152960

https://twitter.com/Killua69100/status/1281719225892184064

Two threads about how bad the translations are on this show. Some scenes were COMPLETELY wrong. They even changed the subject in some scenes (wrote "you" instead of "he"). Talk about Yukinon's parents and sister was completely butchered. It's really really bad, take a read. Considering making a thread about this but I don't want really want any attention since I'm not the one digging into it like these folks.

But in order to get this fixed people need to KNOW about it, and people need to speak out to Sentai/CR about how bad this is. I hope episode 2 is much better. It's so sad that got the worst possible translator for the 2nd most hyped show the season (and one of the most hyped of the year)
Jul 10, 2020 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
nice op, tho the tone or vibe is different with the previous 2 seasons which is more happy, this season op seems like sad and melancholy.. probably that's what this season gonna be
Jul 11, 2020 12:35 AM

May 2018
I don't expect to see more Saki and Komachi in the very first episode. My personal bless because I don't really follow the main characters though.

The opening is just okay. The song isn't that memorable for me, compared to the 1st and 2nd.
Jul 11, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2015
At long last... We started where we left it off, with heavy feelings of Yukino's request.

Then comes Komachi, the best and cutest imouto (Yes, I'm talking to you, Kirino). Their sibling banter has always been the best. And when she suddenly expresses her gratitude, man, I can't hold my tears. Well, without such little sister, Hachiman might be all alone in his whole life. Just looking at someone who you have been taking care of and grows up with you is a good mix of happiness and loneliness.

I got spoiled by some b*stard on the Internet which I see as the most likely outcome, but I'll keep watching anyway.
Jul 11, 2020 12:57 AM
Apr 2017
The beginning feels awkward (I know the 2nd season end in a cliffhanger). It just didn't feel right for me. The rest of the episode was great though. I thought the ending of 2nd season was great. Now not so much as I realize it just creates a very awkward beginning to the 3rd season.
Jul 11, 2020 1:01 AM

Jan 2014
The episode feels very much like a continuation from the last season...just how I wanted it. However, it has been years since season 2, so if someone just wanted to pick back up where it left off, it's gonna be tough lol.

The OP song is great. The OP animation itself doesn't feel as entertaining as the first two. The ED, same complaint.

They finally decided to explore Kawasaki Saki more. She's always been a side character that BARELY gets screentime so any non-LN reader would probably wonder why she was focused so much in this episode with a "close-like" relationship to Hachiman. I'm a non-LN reader but I've read summaries so I sorta kinda understand but them skipping most of her stuff from before makes it odd to put her forefront in the first episode.

Looks like we're going to get a Komachi goodbye arc of some sort. Speaking of Komachi, Hachiman has surely soften-up. I know he's always been nice to his sister but just crying like that. He's very different from S1 Hachiman so that's some good character development on his part.

They purposefully skipped the part with Yukino going home; probably for later but I guess that's fine.

Overall, it's just continuing the story that was told from before and I cannot complain about that. I'm excited to see how it all ends.
Jul 11, 2020 1:15 AM
Jan 2019
As soon as I finished rewatching it like two months ago, I low key wished the anime wasn't coming back so I could read it all first. This is mostly cos their relationships will always feel better in the LNs. Sem with re-zero, except I have read up to the latest physical release so I know what happens, and if it happens for a show like that, I can only imagine about SNAFU. Especially because a lot of their conversations are so real and sometimes don't translate the best, or a hard to understand. It would be much clear in the LN (but still not much lol). Alas, here we are. I thought it was a sweet episode but kinda too abrupt switching from the trio seeing Haruno to 8man waking up. Welp, can't wait for next episode to see possibly best girl Iroha. Yep. I think my rewatch, along with my new tastes, made that happen. This is like the only anime where I genuinely don't know who's going to win, and one that I don't have a clear-cut favourite. I think I'd be fine with any as long as we get to see the others happy with someone else and not lonely. Hell, even Iroha could win 'cause it makes sense, but after thinking for a time she made the most sense, I realised that it could still be the blonde dude. So much to see this season, not just 8man. Wish it was 24 episodes.
Jul 11, 2020 1:47 AM

Oct 2008
Let the overdramatic drama drag-on!
where the hell is best girl Saika Totsuka!? lolz
5/5.

Jul 11, 2020 2:10 AM
Jun 2017
one of my favorite SOL series is back and it started where season 2 ended...

hachiman, yukino and yui have some talks in regards with what yukino has to do with her life...

and second part is about Hachiman and his younger sister... love that bonding moment they have on this episode, and for me the best part is when HAchiman have some TEARS after his younger sister give thanks for him for everything he has done.

love this episode..
Jul 11, 2020 2:57 AM

Apr 2010
Kougeru said:
TiagoCosta said:

Quite the reverse, sentai always tends to change the translation on the home media release.

Okay but that doesn't help the vast majority. They never fixed the subs on their streams. Which is odd, cuz it's not hard to replace the sub file.

CR it doesn’t, but sentai uploads the home media master on hidive!
Jul 11, 2020 2:57 AM
Dec 2018
Best girl wasn't shown, 1/10 episode
Jul 11, 2020 3:04 AM

Apr 2015
those legs must have hurt

https://imgur.com/aYFE3Sz

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 11, 2020 3:08 AM

Dec 2015
It's okay. There wasn't really an introduction and I didn't relly remember what happened before. Didn't even remember the girl in the cafe with the younger sister. I did remember Yukinon (and her voice), Hachiman and his sister and yui.

Though I don't really care much about the chars. Feels 7-ish for me atm and the previous seasons I scored 8. I hope for some drama and intense romance and that I can get back into it ... to make it 8 as well for this season. Probably not going any higher.

I don't understand those that score it 10 already just because they liked the previous seasons ha ha - instead of waiting for here until it gets actually good. (Even the fans should recognize that a first episode where not much happened should not warrant a 10 yet ... though in the end it is normal that sequels get a lot of higher scores cause more the people that liked it tend to watch the sequels.)
Jul 11, 2020 3:16 AM

Apr 2015
10:54 is the time where I can safely declare yuifags BTFO

Jul 11, 2020 3:52 AM

Apr 2015
13:59 fun fact, st marc cafe tried to open store near my area and it closed. the prices are PRICEY AS F

Jul 11, 2020 4:10 AM
Jan 2017
My god it's so good to see this acutally start. Can't wait to see how the season goes. Our hachiman has changed so much
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

That way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life
Jul 11, 2020 7:15 AM

Apr 2012
I never thought that I missed this series so much and that I would be so emotional when I saw these guys again. Especially if the third season has almost completely preserved all this original style. Definitely one of the best shows for me this season.

P.S. That ED ... If I used to joke that Yagatte Kimi ni Naru is Yukino x Yui douji, now I don’t even know what to say or even think, lol.
Jul 11, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2019
its only the first episode, yet hikigaya already cry now lol. shows how much he had changed. komachi seems try to distance herself now from hikigaya, probably to stop his "siscon" attitude, she knows relation between hikki with yui and yukino and want to push him for that. kawasaki, lol i think the last time she really involved is on the first season, is she gonna get more involved this season?

regardless, the main thing is gonna be which girl hikigaya gonna choose, yukinoshita or yuigahama and thats what i am looking forward to
Jul 11, 2020 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
Can you believe me when I tell you I can’t remember a thing? 5 years have passed since the 2nd season wow, it felt like it was 2 years ago yet I can’t remember anything lmao

Can’t wait for Iroha next episode, I clearly remember her being best girl for some reason
Jul 11, 2020 8:46 AM

Apr 2015
I rewatched both seasons before watching this episode in one go. Even after all these years, this show still remains my favourite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2020 11:14 AM
Jan 2010
Was it THIS melodramatic? A couple stupid teens with their nonexistent issues.
Another unmemorable show I'm compelled to watch because I saw the last two seasons for some reason, but I just don't remember anything about this. How hard is it to do a recap in the first episode? After like a 5 year gap between seasons.
Jul 11, 2020 11:15 AM

Sep 2016
And it's back!

And Komachi reminded everyone why she's best girl along with sensei...speaking of which...WHERE IS SENSEI???!!?!?!!11!!
bruh
Jul 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
I really dig the visuals.
Jul 11, 2020 11:59 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Luthandorius said:

I don't understand those that score it 10 already just because they liked the previous seasons ha ha - instead of waiting for here until it gets actually good. (Even the fans should recognize that a first episode where not much happened should not warrant a 10 yet ... though in the end it is normal that sequels get a lot of higher scores cause more the people that liked it tend to watch the sequels.)
What do you mean that nothing happened? After 24 episodes, Komachi for the first time was able to show her real feelings. Plot progression doesn't mean everything, especially with SoL shows my kind Sir.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 11, 2020 12:22 PM
Dec 2018
OKEY

Season 3 has released
Cant really say that its released after 5 years , the episode took of as if its the 13 episode of the second season

Komachi is now moving out , really like the siblings

EPIC START
Jul 11, 2020 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
Not the best of first episodes but its was alright for the ice breaker after the long wait.

The anime is kind of trying too hard to act edgy and depressed (especially in OP visuals) probably to look cool which is ok but i hope they wouldn't go overboard.

OP/ED were nice, maybe a little simple and classic but its not a problem.

So overall we have to wait and see but the fact that the show is back, is the best and lets keep our fingers crossed.

Jul 11, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2020
Watched the two seasons prior to this, and I can say they made a great start for this season starting it off just where they left off. Could see hints of romance playing more affect into this season,

Do you guys think they will show more aspects of romance in this season?

Jul 11, 2020 1:38 PM
Apr 2012
I guess 7/10?

I'm not who I was before, so there's a lot of melodrama however much sincere felt that it didn't need to be resolved.

Might rewatch the series to check. Wasn't one of my top drama's and I kept looking at the time of the episode. Not quite sure it lived up to the nostalgia. If someone could point me to a summary up till now, I'll do that then rewatch the episode.
Jul 11, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2017
that ending 😢😢

is there a recap of season 2 somewhere?

plz @ me
Jul 11, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
This is a series I don't understand why I like: the characters have a smartass attitude about them, the plot has no clear direction, it's about teenage drama, and yet...I really like it. When 8man told the little girl to avoid nonchalantly touching boys because they'll get the wrong idea, I felt that.
Jul 11, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2015
AbsurdTurk said:
This is a series I don't understand why I like: the characters have a smartass attitude about them, the plot has no clear direction, it's about teenage drama, and yet...I really like it. When 8man told the little girl to avoid nonchalantly touching boys because they'll get the wrong idea, I felt that.
i think that because this is that realistic type of anime,so it's quite relatable to real life n we can feel it,if that makes sense
Jul 11, 2020 5:02 PM

Apr 2015
that last scene is TEE TEE,i actually cried first before hachiman lol
Jul 11, 2020 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Kritoveris said:
AbsurdTurk said:
i think that because this is that realistic type of anime,so it's quite relatable to real life n we can feel it,if that makes sense

I don't think it's that realistic: the way the characters constantly analyze each other, and talk about analyzing each other is not something most people would do. Especially in Japan, where people are far more reserved and indirect. Yet, there have been moments when watching this series when I was like, "Damn, I relate." I think the fact that this series doesn't take itself too seriously helps too.
Jul 11, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2015
AbsurdTurk said:
Kritoveris said:

I don't think it's that realistic: the way the characters constantly analyze each other, and talk about analyzing each other is not something most people would do. Especially in Japan, where people are far more reserved and indirect. Yet, there have been moments when watching this series when I was like, "Damn, I relate." I think the fact that this series doesn't take itself too seriously helps too.
not something most people would do but some people do,there are only few characters that doing that in oregairu,especially hikigaya who is an introvert n most introvert really like to do that
i really think oregairu is one of the anime that is that realistic
Jul 11, 2020 6:57 PM

Nov 2017
Hehehe, that re-watch was totally worth it since it led up to me getting all caught up to this very episode.

Mayne, Hachiman and Komachi's sibling bond was definitely the highlight of this episode and it's one of the best in all of anime iyam. The last scene was able to get a smile and a tear from me. Glad these two love, care about and cherish each other. Not everyone has siblings (real or fictional) who do, so I really appreciate the moments the anime has shown of them
Jul 11, 2020 7:58 PM

Jan 2020
Yukino finally decides to choose her own path, and requests for the support of Yui and Hachiman in this case, which Yui and Hachiman happily agree to do so.

It's great to see Kawasaki (Oh sorry, it's Kawasomething-san) and her adorable little sister make an appearance in the first episode.

Komachi also makes an appearance. Hachiman cries for the second time in the entire series after realizing that Komachi has grown up, which is quite emotional. But still... Hachiman's sister complex is as gross as ever.

The opening and the ending are decent, although not my favorites from the OreGairu series. The animation is also better than the previous season in my opinion.

In short, it's a really entertaining first episode. My expectations haven't been wrong so far. I'm really interested to see what happens to not only the main trio, but all the characters.
Jul 11, 2020 11:35 PM

Jul 2019
Its finally backkkkkk im just happy. Great episode btw.
Jul 11, 2020 11:44 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I just finished watching this. I forgot some of the flashbacks. I probably will have rewatch the prequels again since I only remember chara personality and not the story. Other than that, I gotta say...Hachiman voice sound a lot older this season. He must been out of touch with this va skill for this type of chara after 5 years.
Jul 12, 2020 12:14 AM

May 2017
Don't know why there was so much imouto and Kawasaki... would have preferred a more OT3 centered episode... though the hand holding scene was great. The animation of it really got me, plus Yukino in this episode reminded me of the last ep of last season, and I felt like crying again. Just want the three of them to be in a poly triad 😭😭😭
Jul 12, 2020 12:46 AM
Jan 2020
Nothing much happened in this episode. Next episode should have stuff happening.
Jul 12, 2020 1:14 AM

May 2011
i loved the interaction between hachiman and komachi.. especially when komachi giving her thanks to her brother, its so beautiful.. interaction between those two never disappoint me.. i need moaaar XD
Jul 12, 2020 3:16 AM

Feb 2012
That absolutely flew by. They could easily have made it a double length episode.

Good way to start things out, get the somber bullshit out of the way and end on a high note. Nicely done.

Hikki's VA growing up is a bit of a weird point but 5 years will do that to you.
Jul 12, 2020 4:13 AM
Jun 2019
demision said:
Don't know why there was so much imouto and Kawasaki... would have preferred a more OT3 centered episode... though the hand holding scene was great. The animation of it really got me, plus Yukino in this episode reminded me of the last ep of last season, and I felt like crying again. Just want the three of them to be in a poly triad 😭😭😭

Its first episode, probably even the last that komachi and kawasaki gets some highlight lol. i agree with your point, probably the next episode we'll see things more centered aroung the trio and maybe iroha because thats what we wanna see
Jul 12, 2020 4:20 AM
Jun 2019
Zei33 said:
That absolutely flew by. They could easily have made it a double length episode.

Good way to start things out, get the somber bullshit out of the way and end on a high note. Nicely done.

Hikki's VA growing up is a bit of a weird point but 5 years will do that to you.

I know right? they shoulda go for a 40 minutes episode like what SAO did in the beginning of alicization. i read it somewhere that there's also some moment in the LN not captured on this episode which is too bad..
Jul 12, 2020 5:27 AM

Dec 2009
Oh boy, 5 years? Didn't seem that long... brings bittersweet memories. Anyways, glad to be back with a imouto episode, Komachi is the best.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.