Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 8, 2020 7:22 PM
Apr 2020
So, I watched this show years ago and recently realized something. If witches are fallen magical girls then what did the first magical girl fight? Saying they've been around since the beginning of time makes no sense since there would be no need for magical girls if witches didnt exist. This show is confusing enough as it already is and now I'm even more confused...
Jul 8, 2020 7:28 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Since Kyubey implies that they've been around as long as humanity (by the comment "if we didn't exist then humanity and technology wouldn't have evolved in the same way as today" or something like that, been a while since I last saw it), I imagine the first magical girl must have used her powers to kill off her enemies (as in like other humans that are enemies) and whatever dangerous animals were around, maybe even against dinosaurs, until her demise.

Also interestingly enough, OP and the first user to reply are both female FMA fans with the same exact number of anime on their list and the same exact updates, straight down to the time (there's a few difference in minutes but otherwise still same day and hour) and the specific number of anime for each category of their list......
...are you two users literally the same person? If yes, why are you using an alt, OP?
Fario-PJul 8, 2020 7:35 PM
Jul 8, 2020 7:50 PM
Apr 2020
Fario-P said:
Since Kyubey implies that they've been around as long as humanity (by the comment "if we didn't exist then humanity and technology wouldn't have evolved in the same way as today" or something like that, been a while since I last saw it), I imagine the first magical girl must have used her powers to kill off her enemies (as in like other humans that are enemies) and whatever dangerous animals were around, maybe even against dinosaurs, until her demise.

Also interestingly enough, OP and the first user to reply are both female FMA fans with the same exact number of anime on their list and the same exact updates, straight down to the time (there's a few difference in minutes but otherwise still same day and hour) and the specific number of anime for each category of their list......
...are you two users literally the same person? If yes, why are you using an alt, OP?

Dat makes a little more sense, I just wish they would have explained that. (This show freaked me out since I watched it when I was pretty young and new to anime which made it difficult for me to comprehend)

Also, we're siblings and we watch everything together. Being siblings must be one reason why we love FMA so much!❤❤❤❤
EdwardElricCrazyJul 8, 2020 8:01 PM
Jul 9, 2020 9:27 AM
Dec 2018
Well its obvious you didn't need witches initially since the world was a miserable place. Considering diseases without any cure, wars, the teenage girls would have more reasons to become magical girls. Also, the first batch of girls even without fighting enemies would turn into witches eventually without grief seeds, since there are no witches and no grief seeds. Now you have both witches and magical girls, and more witches per magical girl since witches can survive by devouring humans. Hope it clears it up.
Jul 9, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2018
The first magical girls probably were told to wish for whatever they wanted, and knew nothing about witches. They would then become the first set of witches. In the anime the Incubators never mention until it’s apparent that magical girls eventually turn into witches, there’d be no reason to bring it up with previous generations of magical girls.
MonochrosanityJul 9, 2020 9:52 AM
Jul 11, 2020 4:33 PM

Apr 2020
From a pure "realistic and logical" standpoint, Kyuubey may have promised the first magical girls candidates a wish, not telling them how the whole think worked (which could also be considered a accurate interpretation of its behaviour in the series).
After a little while one of the first magical girls, probably unknowingly, consumes all her magic and transforms into the first witch.
That may have been the start of the whole magical girl - witch situation that the aliens put into motion.

From what is understandable, the whole concept of the series wasn't designed to make sense historically speaking.
I would not directly considere this detail as a plot-hole, but as an oversight resulted from Kyuubey's vague statement (which could not be totally accurate).
Jul 12, 2020 3:42 AM

Jan 2019
I guess that, as other said, she was told to wish for anything she wanted but being the first girl she didn't had anything to fight and i can only guess that she was told to only get a "free wish" and that's all. Not having a way to purify her gem she quickly got drowned into despair and from there the cycle started slowly but it started leading to the events of this day (also as a aqolade we can say that the people of the past weren't that mentally developed according to the chart of human evolution so they didn't care so much about the "details" that may destroy them and getting something for "free" sounded amazing back then....but now, just check the details of the contract bro 0_0)
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.