Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2020 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
-Aincrad- said:
MyllerPhiem said:
So why does S2 only get 13 episodes when S1 had 25? Surely Re:Zero is popular enough to warrant another 25?

:/

It does have 25 episodes, it's just split cour. Second half will start January 2021.

OH!

That's both good and bad news >_<

thx
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Jul 8, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2019
Yep straight into the suffering, that last scene was heartbreaking.

Can't wait to see the ed and op in the next week.
Jul 8, 2020 9:19 AM
Jan 2020
A great start to the season, had goosebumps for the entire episode. Looking forward to the rest of the season, this is going to be good!
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Jul 8, 2020 9:20 AM

Jun 2020
fuck rem ,I hope she will suffer all the pain in the world and then dies a slow death, fucking bitch
Jul 8, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2017
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:
fuck rem ,I hope she will suffer all the pain in the world and then dies a slow death, fucking bitch

Hm? What did she do? Just curious

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 8, 2020 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

Alright, thanks for letting us know. Have a nice day.
Jul 8, 2020 9:21 AM
Apr 2018
What a way to start a new season!( Even though I already that part in Translation Chiken 3 years ago...)

Did anyone noticed the brief scenes from the "IF" stories when Rem was about to get "eaten" by the glutonny archbishop? That was heartbreaking for me...
Jul 8, 2020 9:22 AM
Mar 2020
Can someone tell me whether Crusch has regeneration cause I thought I saw her hand flying off early in the episode but at the end there she was.... with both hands :0
Jul 8, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Re:Zero is back. Good thing I watched the Director's cut, otherwise I wouldn't have remembered anything.

Poor Rem. It was hard seeing her unconscious. :(

Those Archibishop sins are dangerous.

No OP/ED in this episode which means more content. And I'm looking forward to this.

Jul 2019
It's been a good 4 year break for you Subaru but it's time for you to go back and suffer again. The fight between Rem and Emilia continues but this time Rem is a vegetable and it's Emilia's turn be on the spotlight.

I'm sorry but is this how Re:Zero always looked? It looks like they cut a lot of corners this episode and I'm sure the animation for season 1 was much better.
Apr 2018
DaCrimsonReaper said:
Can someone tell me whether Crusch has regeneration cause I thought I saw her hand flying off early in the episode but at the end there she was.... with both hands :0

Maybe it was Felix...he probably can regenerate lost limbs.
Jul 8, 2020 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
Tis time to die again!
Jul 8, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2019
DaCrimsonReaper said:

Subaru killed himself remember? That probably changed the events that happened before. She lost an arm the first time and now she lost her memories. I'm not really sure, can't remember if there's someone who can regenerate limbs.
Jul 8, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
DaCrimsonReaper said:

No, she doesn't have such an insane regeneration ability. Felix is a skilled healer though, so he can reattach arms even afterwards (or maybe just straight up heal the arm back?).
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 8, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
dc22 said:
They literally did the whale thing again? lmao

This episode fell flat on its face.

I don't see how the "episode fell flat" for that reason, especially when
Jul 8, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2020
Looks like emilia will be the best waifu this season huh...
I;m a rem fanatic but i dont mind that but yeahh you prolly already know what happened... Can't do this man i need Rem pls Barusu save Remmmm
“In our society, letting others find out that you’re a nice person is a very risky move. It’s extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.”
– Hitagi Senjougahara
Jul 8, 2020 9:28 AM

May 2019
Was it a normal less-than-30 min episode?

Did they aired the final scene from S1 Director's Cut?

I cannot watch it yet, although i know what happened from the LN and manga.
Jul 8, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2020
Everything else aside, soundtrack was lacking, or to be more precise, the timing/pulse of it; kinda killed the scene for me - some liked it, some didn't even bother to notice it, but from all the grunting it made it less likeable than it could've been. Also, hoping that this season will be dark.
Jul 8, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
Straight into the suffering! I'm so relieved to see my expectations met!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 2018
SomeGuyWithHair said:
DaCrimsonReaper said:

Subaru killed himself remember? That probably changed the events that happened before. She lost an arm the first time and now she lost her memories. I'm not really sure, can't remember if there's someone who can regenerate limbs.

Look back in season 1 it was told the Felix is the most skilled healer in the kingdom.
Felix re-attached and healed Crusch's arm (although even he cannot bring back her memories because they were "eaten" by the Authority of Gluttony).

Dec 2008
SoraSenpai said:
Saku_k said:

I don't think Subaru's loop had anything to do with Crusch's results. She lost her arm, she didn't die, and they can use magic to reattach. Likely Ley did his thing with her after he ate Rem's existence.

I mean I feel like she clearly died in the first part. Rem closes her eyes on the battlefield and Felix is crying his eyes out when he sees her. He wouldn't be crying that much if he could easily reattach her arm.

I don't wanna be that guy, but Felix reattached Crusch's arm. It is said in the light novels, but anime adaptations don't exactly explain everything or include every line of dialogue else they would go on forever.
Jul 8, 2020 9:33 AM

Apr 2020
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

yeah.... you want clout? i dont know why you hatin but asking it is pointless
“In our society, letting others find out that you’re a nice person is a very risky move. It’s extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.”
– Hitagi Senjougahara

May 2019

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJul 9, 2020 4:14 AM

Jan 2019
Saku_k said:
SoraSenpai said:

I mean I feel like she clearly died in the first part. Rem closes her eyes on the battlefield and Felix is crying his eyes out when he sees her. He wouldn't be crying that much if he could easily reattach her arm.

I don't wanna be that guy, but Felix reattached Crusch's arm. It is said in the light novels, but anime adaptations don't exactly explain everything or include every line of dialogue else they would go on forever.

Well, that would've been nice to know because I was confused whether Crusch died or not and if Subaru managed to change the outcome.
Jul 8, 2020 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
enjoyed the first half, got a bit bored later on.

white hair boi seems cutie

4/5

Jul 8, 2020 9:36 AM
Aug 2018
Advice to anime-only people:

A lot going on here and don't take this scene lightly. Lol.

Jul 8, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2020
swirlydragon said:
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

she is a manipulative backstabby bitch type of character, I hate characters/people like that, and generally there is not a single good thing I can say about this whore

@-Aincrad- whats the point of your reply?
Jul 8, 2020 9:38 AM

Dec 2008
misaka-9982 said:

Well, that would've been nice to know because I was confused whether Crusch died or not and if Subaru managed to change the outcome.

I mean, I'm not sure why him looping would change the outcome when he didn't do anything. His "checkpoint" was after Rem had already had her existence eaten (hence Emilia didn't know who she was) and Crusch lost her arm before that.
Jul 8, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2020
MyllerPhiem said:
So why does S2 only get 13 episodes when S1 had 25? Surely Re:Zero is popular enough to warrant another 25?

:/
It'll have 2 course, 1 course airs this years, and 1 next year, so 25 eps in total
Jul 8, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2013
QcDiablo said:
dc22 said:
They literally did the whale thing again? lmao

This episode fell flat on its face.

I don't see how the "episode fell flat" for that reason, especially when

So? They are still using the same large scale amnesia twist again.

Are we suposed to care? Cus it's been 4 years, not like the last episode aired last week. They should have finished this arc in 2016.
Jul 8, 2020 9:42 AM
Feb 2020
Okay... so the adaptation definitely seems to be just as great as i expected. By the way did anyone notice the sadists at Whitefox flashing Rem IF scenes of her and Subaru with their kids as her final thought?
North25Jul 8, 2020 9:47 AM
Jul 8, 2020 9:44 AM

May 2020
rakp333 said:
Advice to anime-only people:

A lot going on here and don't take this scene lightly. Lol.

Damn !!

I had a feeling something was fishy, especially given the events of Frozen Bonds OVA.
Jul 8, 2020 9:46 AM
Apr 2018
North25 said:
Okay... so the adaptation definitely seems to be just as great as i expected. By the way did anyone notice the sadists at Whitefox flashing Rem IF scenes of her and Subaru with their kids as her final thought?

Yes, I totally noticed that...those bastards! :(
Jul 8, 2020 9:47 AM
Mar 2020
rakp333 said:
SomeGuyWithHair said:

Look back in season 1 it was told the Felix is the most skilled healer in the kingdom.
Felix re-attached and healed Crusch's arm (although even he cannot bring back her memories because they were "eaten" by the Authority of Gluttony).

Ok, not tryna be that guy but assuming it took a while for felix to reach her and considering the time it takes for all the cells in her hand to die, Felix somehow not only brought all the cells in her arm back to life but also joined it to the other part of her body. That's some 'S' level healing if you ask me. Would glad to have Felix in my party if a Re:Zero game releases someday!!!
Jul 8, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2016
Dang, I really thought we were going to see Gluttony eat Rem all up on camera, I was all prepared, but looks like he just left the body, I wonder why?
From how he was speaking, I thought for sure he was going to just eat everything, not just name and memories. The White Whale
blasted everything away, her bed, her whole existence, every bit of Rem in that world. This is better than last time at least, Subaru has proof she existed. And why did Ley not eat Crusch's name either?

Knew they were going to have a major death or something and have the checkpoint be after, didn't think they would do it so soon.

Surprised Crusch also got wrecked, looks like she's out for the count until they get the memories back, maybe they have to kill the Archbishop?

Also wondering now why the Archbishop of Sloth wanted to find a vessel for the Witch of Envy, why not for the Witch of Sloth that the Witch of Envy ended
up eating, allegedly. Shouldn't they be enemies then? Are the rest of the Archbishops after the same thing? If so, why go after Crusch's caravan? Was
it simply because they defeated the White Whale, or could Crusch also serve as a vessel for the Witch of Pride? Regulus mentioned her arrogance. But if
that was the case, I think Priscilla would've been a better pick. And Anastasia would be perfect for Greed. Or maybe Regulus just wanted to teach her a thing or two about the compassion she obviously lacks. I wonder what Regulus's Authority is, he just looks at something and destroys it with an energy blast or something. I have no idea how the power and greediness relates, if it has something to do with greediness.

What's up with Regulus not wanting to fight and hating fighting when he started most of it? Is that why those two teamed up, one as the brains and one as the brawn?

Also, I wonder if there's a significance with all the Archbishops so far being male, is it because bishops are supposed to be male or is it because they all love the Witch that much?

That OST with Rem taking up arms was epic! Animation of Rem vs. Ley was great, especially the quick Sloth Route and that inky blackout part at the end! Rest of the scenes kinda fell flat, 4 year old animation, but I can't blame them with what's going on.

Love the Emilia moments at the end, she's still best girl for me.

Note: All the questions I ask are rhetorical, I don't want any spoilers, obviously.
PraiseThe1Jul 8, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 8, 2020 9:48 AM
Aug 2018
dc22 said:

So? They are still using the same large scale amnesia twist again.

Are we suposed to care? Cus it's been 4 years, not like the last episode aired last week. They should have finished this arc in 2016.

Yeah. Season 1 was supposed to end with this episode in 2016 as per the source material. Subaru's checkpoint has already updated after all that happened to Rem and Crusch and others. So there's no way Subaru can go back to save them.

No, Season 2 is not focused on "amnesia twist". The next arc will start from Episode 2.
rakp333Jul 8, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 8, 2020 9:49 AM

Jun 2020
I'll only be convinced this series had real stakes if either rem or emilia dies for good by the end. I don't have any problem with there not being any real stakes either, but such a thing happening will definitely alleviate my rating.

No SPOILERS pls.

BTW, my favourite thing about this series is how often they've skipped OPs or EDs, just to insert more content. I love content overloads, it's my thingy.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 8, 2020 9:49 AM

Oct 2018
AnimeIsCartoon23 said:
swirlydragon said:

she is a manipulative backstabby bitch type of character, I hate characters/people like that, and generally there is not a single good thing I can say about this whore

@-Aincrad- whats the point of your reply?

Nothing, just like your comment.
I mean, randomly sh*tting on a character like she is the worst thing ever happened to exist. What's the point of that?
Jul 8, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2019
Saku_k said:
misaka-9982 said:

I mean, I'm not sure why him looping would change the outcome when he didn't do anything. His "checkpoint" was after Rem had already had her existence eaten (hence Emilia didn't know who she was) and Crusch lost her arm before that.

Ok right, I thought it happened after.
Jul 8, 2020 9:52 AM

Feb 2009
It'll be interesting to see how many times Subaru will screw up now that he doesn't have Rem beside him for coaching, Emilia is useless as usual, and Crusch-sama turned into a tsundere mid-drama haha. Should make for some interesting suicides.

Aug 2018
spectrojan said:
I'll only be convinced this series had real stakes if either rem or emilia dies for good by the end. I don't have any problem with there not being any real stakes either, but such a thing happening will definitely alleviate my rating.

No SPOILERS pls.

No spoilers, but if you saw this episode you pretty much know Rem is as good as dead now. Lol.
Subaru's checkpoints don't necessarily favour him, as we saw this episode his reset point was after Rem was already forgotten. So he cannot go back to save her anymore.
Jan 2016
So....how did Crusch get her arm back? If Rem still got erased after the return then wouldn't Crusch have also still lost her arm? I don't remember healing magic being that OP in Rezero....in like 95% of isekai and fantasy, healing magic can't restore lost limbs....
Jul 8, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2018
Man, what an episode to come back with. Already a painful episode and sucks that Emilia can't remember who Rem is. Can't wait for more episodes to come out over the coming weeks for us to enjoy especially during the current situation in the world.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jul 8, 2020 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
First episode in, and it's right in the feels jfc.

Gonna feel the pain of waiting for this week by week.
Mar 2020
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
So....how did Crusch get her arm back? If Rem still got erased after the return then wouldn't Crusch have also still lost her arm? I don't remember healing magic being that OP in Rezero....in like 95% of isekai and fantasy, healing magic can't restore lost limbs....

I asked the same question. The peeps here say it's Felix's handy work
Aug 2018
SenpaiMars-Barz said:

Look back in season 1 it was told the Felix is the most skilled healer in the kingdom. (OP healer basically).

Jul 8, 2020 9:57 AM
Oct 2019
Good episode. Amazing animation, don't know why some say it could be better. Last minutes with Subaru and Emilia were cute. This season looks really good...
Jul 8, 2020 9:58 AM

Dec 2008
SenpaiMars-Barz said:

Even in the real world we can reattach limbs if it's been within a few hours. Clean cuts make it easier. This is a world with magic, characters have the ability to eat memories or rewind time when they die. Felix is one of the best healers around, and Crusch's arm was probably just lying there. Felix didn't regenerate a limb, just reattached it.
Feb 2020
SenpaiMars-Barz said:

The anime already implied that Felix was the best healer in lugunica before but they kind of forgot to stress that he s pretty much Roswaal if he was a healer in terms of healing magic.
Apr 2018
JuzuX said:
Re:Suffering Life in Another World Episode 26 - Each One's Promises

Edit: I forgot to add the flashbacks of Rem before he lost her memories. Here it is. Damn, really F for Rem.

Thoses "Rem IF" scenes really hurted me hard, I wasn't expecting that...

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenJul 9, 2020 4:18 AM
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.