Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2020 12:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, this was somewhat entertaining I suppose.

Definitely curious to see how the relationship between the two will progress.

Uzaki-chan in the past supposedly a reserved individual as hinted but possibly saved by this senpai of hers and she's thinking of repaying the favor now? Yup, that's my guess.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 10, 2020 12:05 PM

Jun 2020
well, it’s pretty average to say the least. i really only laughed when she was on the chair and the subtitles were affirming repeatedly “she’s really just using a massage chair!”, but other than that i just laughed at myself for watching it. uzaki is super annoying because as a fellow loner, i would hate this girl so much. her entire personality is just *annoying* and *boobs*, and she’s not even that pretty anyway. her character design really throws me off. i’ll keep watching but only because what better things do i do with my time.
Jul 10, 2020 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
kidzbopofficial said:
well, it’s pretty average to say the least. i really only laughed when she was on the chair and the subtitles were affirming repeatedly “she’s really just using a massage chair!”, but other than that i just laughed at myself for watching it. uzaki is super annoying because as a fellow loner, i would hate this girl so much. her entire personality is just *annoying* and *boobs*, and she’s not even that pretty anyway. her character design really throws me off. i’ll keep watching but only because what better things do i do with my time.

Opinions i guess.
Im a loner too and that doenst stop me from watching this. I think it adds another flavour to it. Or maybe its just the retarded me?XD
Maybe you will change your opinion as the show goes on. That happens all the time with me.:)
Jul 10, 2020 12:43 PM

Jan 2020
It's pretty comedic and the mc isn't some pushover. Looks like I'm actually gonna like a rom-com anime for once.
Jul 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
Is it just me or does the jokes and comedic timing is off?
Jul 10, 2020 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tits. That's it. That seems to be what they're running with.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 10, 2020 1:48 PM

Oct 2008
Entertaining and having a fun time all the way through, can't wait to see more! :3
Jul 10, 2020 1:59 PM
Jun 2015
The bane of this anime will be, if anything, the fact that the episodes are the full standard length. The feel of it so far reflects a show that should have, at the longest, 12 minute episodes, not the full 24.
Jul 10, 2020 2:04 PM
May 2020
Omg, it was so funny, maybe it's not a masterpiece but i enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 10, 2020 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
Farabeuf said:

I would suggest not watching anime with a echi tag then? I enjoyed the comedic elements of this show and i hope some fun time of romance develops over the course of this series
Jul 10, 2020 2:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mark_Dingemanse said:
Farabeuf said:

I would suggest not watching anime with a echi tag then? I enjoyed the comedic elements of this show and i hope some fun time of romance develops over the course of this series

Plenty of really funny and raunchy ecchi out there with comedy that works. This doesn't have it. But I'm glad it's working well for you.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 10, 2020 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
Mark_Dingemanse said:
Farabeuf said:

It does get better pretty quickly and even though I absolutely love this series I’d say the beginning is the weakest
Jul 10, 2020 2:27 PM

Feb 2019
There's something that comes across as a little psychopathic in the current social climate about mocking someone for wanting to keep their distance from others socially, but for once, I think we can pin the blame for that on the west rather than Japan being weird as is the usual status quo. And yes, I found that more disturbing than other things, like the art style's weird proportions. Not even talking about the giant chest with "super huge" slapped on them jiggling uncontrollably every time she moves, nor the flesh-colored fang that looks like a particularly long skin tag. Or maybe it's herpes. It's the oversized head. If she yawned, she could accidentally swallow the dude's head whole. And they try to sexualize this disturbing creature. Repeatedly. Constantly. There's an entire scene that's just her moaning and orgasming, quickly followed up by him screaming "It's so huge!" about a VR shark while groping her.

Anyway, that's the only thing that's really recommendable here. I already touched on the humor in the season preview, which is to say, there are essentially no jokes. There's just a disturbingly large headed large chested manic pixie girl glomping all over a surly dude while he complains about it. Loudly and incessantly. I guess there's something almost like the very badly needed epiphany about her improving his life in some way at the end so he can put up with her, but it was too little and predicated on nothing at all. Kudos to the one writer who realized that it was the end of the episode and they probably should put something there to signify that. We take what little victories we can get.
Jul 10, 2020 2:49 PM

Sep 2017
Well this was pretty good up until the moment where Uzaki started to talk. God she's awful. Nothing like strapping water balloon tits on someone with the mind of a 12 year old. Also I really dislike "fangs" in general so that doesn't help.
Jul 10, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2015
Really don't get the hate for this. Uzaki is fun and adorable.

Jul 10, 2020 3:33 PM

Jul 2015
Uzaki's massive titties are well adapted, that's all I needed for this adaptation.
Jul 10, 2020 3:36 PM

Jan 2020
Other than the fact that Uzaki-chan's face looked like a guy half the time, it was actually pretty decent. Pretty good animation, nice touch of silly humor, and the pacing felt right.
Jul 10, 2020 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
I'll pass on this, but if the ratings remain positive I may check it out eventually. Judging by the PV though, her character seems kind of annoying. Maybe she's not that bad in the first episode? The ecchi tag puts me off watching it as well, but I may give it a chance as long as it's not overly-sexual.
Jul 10, 2020 4:11 PM
Jun 2013
Akuseru2K said:
god that was awful
sound design is terrible (scooby doo sound effects wtf)
music is both bad and barely existing
backgrounds are uninspired
animation is barely existent
plot is just haha big tits after haha big tits joke
how could anyone unironically enjoy this..? this is almost mars of destruction levels of awful yet it's rated higher than so many more greater shows

Chunchunmaru3 said:
This was honestly bad. The production value is pretty low. But who the fuck cares about those things? In this anime there is a cute kouhai with huge anime tiddies, and thats all I care.

You two seriously need a pair of glasses because saying this has low production value and no animation at all is laughable to say the least, it was a impressive well produced episode for a silly slice of life anime, characters were perfectly on model for the entire episode and the animation per se was surprisingly good with all the characters movements being really smooth, for a SoL anime i expected much less than what they released.
Jul 10, 2020 4:17 PM
Mar 2018
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Akuseru2K said:
god that was awful
sound design is terrible (scooby doo sound effects wtf)
music is both bad and barely existing
backgrounds are uninspired
animation is barely existent
plot is just haha big tits after haha big tits joke
how could anyone unironically enjoy this..? this is almost mars of destruction levels of awful yet it's rated higher than so many more greater shows

Chunchunmaru3 said:
This was honestly bad. The production value is pretty low. But who the fuck cares about those things? In this anime there is a cute kouhai with huge anime tiddies, and thats all I care.

You two seriously need a pair of glasses because saying this has low production value and no animation at all is laughable to say the least, it was a impressive well produced episode for a silly slice of life anime, characters were perfectly on model for the entire episode and the animation per se was surprisingly good with all the characters movements being really smooth, for a SoL anime i expected much less than what they released.

are we watching the same show? this is the single worst SoL i have ever witnessed, even something like noucome which was entirely built around awkward situations had more heart and effort put into it than this
Jul 10, 2020 4:23 PM
Mar 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Lol, why are people taking this so seriously? You guys do understand what a comedy is right?

big tits jokes = comedy??
Jul 10, 2020 4:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I enjoyed this episode and I understand that Uzaki does not want her sempai to have his college life pass him by without doing anything special during that time. My only concern is Uzaki's character design. Her head is a little too big to go along with small body that has a huge rack. She looks like a bobble head doll with big boobs.
Jul 10, 2020 4:30 PM
Aug 2018
Akuseru2K said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Lol, why are people taking this so seriously? You guys do understand what a comedy is right?

It’s Sexual humor but even then the series is more then just boob jokes
Jul 10, 2020 4:32 PM
Mar 2018
LoganMcClure21 said:
Akuseru2K said:

It’s Sexual humor but even then the series is more then just boob jokes

there's countless shows with more sexual humour yet at least 5 times the substance than this dumpster fire
Jul 10, 2020 4:44 PM

Jan 2017
This seems like a nice little show. I hope it gets more attention. Uzaki is a ray of sunshine who will be fun to watch during this tough times. It couldn’t air at a better time.

Also, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this is the first time in a non-Hent anime where a guy accidentically grabs the tiddy in ep 1 and doesn’t get beaten up!
Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my God, Uzaki is so annoying, but not in a bad way. Well, maybe at first, but seeing more of her dynamic with Sakurai, I ended up having a lot of fun. My favorite part was with the massage chair, with the constant reminder that she was indeed just sitting in a massage chair xD. The phrasing gag was also pretty funny.

Ecchi is indeed SUGOI DEKAI, boob grab included. Satania/Kiriha's seiyuu fits perfectly as Uzaki, great job on her part. But why, why did she have to be another victim of a haircut? She looked better with long hair.

That cat... WTF
Jul 10, 2020 5:03 PM
Feb 2018
Cheerful girl tries to cheer up lazy moody boy but what was with the big eyed cat?
Jul 10, 2020 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
The visual is as boring as it can get. Haven't read the manga, but the few pages I've seen here and there looked far more dynamic. Might pick up the manga someday, but this anime is a big no for me.
Jul 10, 2020 5:56 PM

Aug 2019
now that’s some thick ass “plot”
Jul 10, 2020 5:57 PM

Nov 2017
Wow,lots of negative comments as usual.Seems some people can't just sit back and laugh at something nowadays without critical analysis :)

Anyway,I enjoyed it,and gotta admit I love Uzaki(and yes,she is supposed to be annoying).I enjoy the manga and so far it seems they've got her personality right(she's so amazingly huge,personality wise of course :)
The adaption seems to be decent so far,and the voice actors chosen seem to fit the characters well,but the music.Damn,the OP is great,and the ending was good as well.
And the title sequence that ran while the op played was really well done.
All in all,I was happy and it made me laugh,a few times.
Jul 10, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
this was funny. but goddamn if they were real, id totally be that bystander in the movie theater lol
Jul 10, 2020 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
I never thought a year would pass by with both of them doing nothing.
But Uzaki sure talks so much
Jul 10, 2020 6:56 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as expected...

shes

SUPER MEGA ULTRA KAWAII<3
Jul 10, 2020 7:17 PM

Mar 2017
God, animated Uzaki is more annoying and I love it, lol.

Didn't make me laugh as much as the manga did though, still a pretty okay adaptation.

I get how some people might not like it. As an introvert myself, I'd hate it if there is someone meddling with my privacy like this but man calm down, it's just an anime, a pretty lighthearted one to add to that, just enjoy it for what it is.

But if you really don't like it, yeah, I think it's best to just drop it, don't be that guy that keeps on complaining but watch every episode of it. Hope you have a good day!

kidzbopofficial said:

Anime character design, yes. She's more gorgeous in the manga though, not that it's that difference but idk, she just seems more beautiful in the manga.
BlueIsLoveJul 10, 2020 7:30 PM
Jul 10, 2020 9:51 PM

Aug 2019
lmao ok now that was a quality episode. It was funny as shit with the whole "extrovert messing with introvert" esc theme, I can tell Uzaki is gonna be one crafty extrovert xD. Poor Sakurai, i get the guys deal and i'm sure they'll work things out, but some situation's Uzaki puts him in also give me second hand embarrassment to a near death degree.
The ecchi this anime also radiates is on such a dangerous level, that i like it. MMMMMH. SUGOI DEKAI INDEED.
Big big props to who ever voice acts Sakurai though, the amount of fucking yelling he did in this single episode alone was amazing.
all in all, really excited to see where this anime goes. Havent been that engrossed/interested in a lot of SOL anime's that have been releasing past few years, but this one definitely caught my eye.
Jul 10, 2020 9:51 PM
Jun 2017
The first episode is funny.. im.going to watch this one
Jul 10, 2020 9:57 PM
Feb 2012
bottom of the barrel attempt at "comedy"
we all know this show is animated for the tits and tits only
put a paper bag on her hideous head and she's passable
Jul 10, 2020 9:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was some delicious smug. I've seen so many pictures of Uzaki over the years, and now I can finally watch her. I found this to be pretty darn funny. Sure, some of her antics border on shameless and maybe even mean-spirited, but it's just a comedy and I think she may just be an idiot.

I'm a really big fan of the college setting too. It allows for so much more to happen as opposed to a high school setting. It just feels refreshing. The art style is attractive and the animation was above average. I've been looking forward to this one for a while, and this first episode did not disappoint.

Plus I'm a sucker for a short girl with huge boobs.
Jul 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Nov 2011
I was suspect about the voice acting in all honesty since I started off with the manga. However I think both Uzaki and Senpai's VA did a very good job.

The animation is nice and clean. I am loving it. Great start great to see certain scenes get animated xD
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 10, 2020 10:16 PM

May 2015
Akuseru2K said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I'm just stating the fact that that's what the show is. Not saying anyone has to find it funny. People are just taking her teasing WAY too seriously.

Jul 10, 2020 10:19 PM

Jan 2020
It was a nice fun episode to start off the series. It hasn't really impressed me all that much with it's only episode but it has potential for sure.

I'm liking the interactions between the 2 main characters and I laughed at the poor phrasing scenes that uzaki did. I'm excited to see the rest of the anime

Jul 10, 2020 10:28 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, what's the deal with the creepy looking cat staring at my soul?

Decent start I guess. Comedy was super predictable and the chemistry between Uzaki and Sakurai wasn't particularly outstanding but hopefully, the college setting may give this series a wider range in terms of interesting possibilities and potential situations for our main duo.

And as for characters, male MC seems rather bland at first glance and I still don’t know if I should consider Uzaki as a hyperactive yet cute girl or just a total pain in the ass...
... would still smash the petite busty kouhai tho.

P.S.: Well, boobs jokes were to be expected but gotta be honest, Uzaki almost climaxing on a massage chair definitely caught me off guard.
SouthRzVaJul 10, 2020 10:35 PM
Jul 10, 2020 10:32 PM

May 2014
Starhammer said:
Wow,lots of negative comments as usual.Seems some people can't just sit back and laugh at something nowadays without critical analysis :)

Or maybe they were unable to laugh as they would've wanted because of the issues they found? Comedies are not critics-free, and most people don't throw off criticism just for the sake of it, usually there're reasons.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

That's how you (and myself, should I add) see her. Not everyone has to see her as such, and I can get why, especially when the character was thought to be that annoying purposely.

Remember those sentences a lot of people like to throw off in those """hate""" threads? "let the people enjoy what they want" or "everyone has their own tastes"? Well, that can apply to this as well :)
Jul 10, 2020 10:35 PM
Jul 2019
Achei o começo do anime,bem divertido a animação está boa também.
Pode ser que esse anime seja bem divertido de acompanhar.
Oq me cativou mais é a rizada da Uzaki-Chan.kkkk muiito fofa ela.seria legal ela ter continuado cm o cabelo grande,mesmo assim o anime esta de parabéns.
Jul 10, 2020 10:43 PM

May 2015
Rhapsody- said:
Starhammer said:

Or maybe they were unable to laugh as they would've wanted because of the issues they found? Comedies are not critics-free, and most people don't throw off criticism just for the sake of it, usually there're reasons.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

That's how you (and myself, should I add) see her. Not everyone has to see her as such, and I can get why, especially when the character was thought to be that annoying purposely.

Remember those sentences a lot of people like to throw off in those """hate""" threads? "let the people enjoy what they want" or "everyone has their own tastes"? Well, that can apply to this as well :)

Yeah, I understand that, but people are acting like she's some evil bitch just because she's teasing him, which is ridiculous imo.

Jul 10, 2020 10:50 PM

May 2010
Whole year for something to happen, really?

Please be more future appearance of that sales girl...I guess not.
Jul 10, 2020 11:18 PM
Jun 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Rhapsody- said:

Yeah, I understand that, but people are acting like she's some evil bitch just because she's teasing him, which is ridiculous imo.

Imagine when the first episode of Nagatoro-san gets released, the whining will be glorious kkkkk Uzaki is a sweet saint compared to her
Shinuki_n_RebornJul 10, 2020 11:21 PM
Jul 10, 2020 11:23 PM

May 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Rhapsody- said:

Well, that's true, she's annoying but that's all, and some people exaggerate about it

And as Shinuki said, Nagatoro is way worse lol
Jul 10, 2020 11:32 PM

May 2020
Shortstacks are lovely, but who's giving coke to the cat?
Jul 10, 2020 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
yet another character i've seen dojins of long before i even knew where she was from + for college life but Uzakis portions are all wrong most of it went to one place only lol i'd be more down with her design if she didn't have the tomboy cut

got some laughs though i feel like shes just harassing this poor introvert (feel personally attacked if it was me) or covering for the fact shes lonely too unless it comes out she actually does have a lot of friends
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

105 by Igor5959 »»
Apr 10, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

147 by RafaKojiro »»
Mar 31, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

94 by Auroralul »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

» Sakurai is on a different level

Bolbysaur - Feb 20

4 by Ugly11 »»
Feb 22, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

105 by LumeeeChan »»
Jan 18, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.