Forum Settings
Forums

Animé series you don't want to watch because they have too many episodes?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2020 2:51 PM

Nov 2018
AspR2rafa said:
sogegesoge said:
detective conan, i kinda want to know what will happen with the main conflict but i give up

Same with me, I give up when I saw the quantity of episodes. there are more than 900 episodes.

and the manga also hit 1000 chapters.. kinda... terrifying.
Jul 5, 2020 2:57 PM

Sep 2017
Obviously One Piece
Probably Dragon Ball too
خ
Jul 5, 2020 3:24 PM

Apr 2019
sogegesoge said:
AspR2rafa said:

Same with me, I give up when I saw the quantity of episodes. there are more than 900 episodes.

yeah truly terrifying, another one that is the same case, at least for me, it's one piece, I don't understand how people watch 900 episodes of a pirate who stretches, I'm not saying it's bad, but it just requires a lot of patience.
Jul 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Nov 2018
AspR2rafa said:
sogegesoge said:

yeah truly terrifying, another one that is the same case, at least for me, it's one piece, I don't understand how people watch 900 episodes of a pirate who stretches, I'm not saying it's bad, but it just requires a lot of patience.

well, one piece universe is so big and detailed it's actually worth it but the pacing kinda unbearable on the later arc even i giving up on that and just stick to the manga..
Jul 5, 2020 4:05 PM
Jul 5, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
Bleach. It's the only big shounen I haven't watched. I should've watched it in my early days. Nowadays I have no time.
Jul 5, 2020 4:55 PM

Mar 2019
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is probably *the* one although I start to hesitate any time I plan to watch anything over ~24.
Jul 5, 2020 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
I second Detective Conan, but I'd be more interested in the subplot between ShinichixRan tbh
Jul 5, 2020 6:17 PM

Mar 2020
Sadly, anything with 100+ episodes feels intimidating to me. I’m a completionist for the most part, so it would be hard for me to commit to a series I may not be obsessed with. That, and I like watching a bunch of different series, so I would not want to devote too much time to just one series.
Jul 5, 2020 6:24 PM

Dec 2016
too many episodes: one piece, detective conan
i usually end up liking long running stuff once i finally get around to watching it but those ones are just too intimidating bruh the max i can do is like 400 episodes lol (i think the only thing ive ever watched thats like 700+ is pokemon & naruto if u count all the series together)

confusing watch order & too many spinoffs that overwhelm my brain: fate, gundam
Jul 5, 2020 6:28 PM

Feb 2015
One Piece, because I can't stand 1000 episodes of a series where everyone is retarded.
Jul 5, 2020 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Bleach and Fairy Tail probably

And I watched hundreds of eps already but it was so long ago I don't have the will to do it again
supreme master of the godtaste
Jul 5, 2020 7:13 PM

Oct 2009
One Piece is my favorite on-going show ever and there should be quite a commitment when you sit down and watch and for its credit, it's very rewarding but then, if your time is short, you might skip on some other Anime shows that you might miss out because of it. That's what happened in my case and now, I'm catching up on everything.

The last longest Anime series that I've watched was Cardcaptor Sakura which is 70 episodes and you know what, that made it to become my favorite Anime ever.

Also, I completed GaoGaiGer which is 49 episodes, that isn't too long and I'm about to dig into Angel Heart because it's part of the City Hunter universe which greatly adore.
Jul 5, 2020 7:19 PM

Aug 2009
Basically any shounen that isn't Fullmetal Alchemist. I can go for 50 episodes. Not 500.

Jul 5, 2020 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
After catching up with One Piece, long series don't scare me anymore.
Also, longer series tend to be my favorite like JoJo and Gintama.
I have said this before and I'll say it again, it's a shame that people will miss amazing shows just because it has "a lot of episodes".
Jul 5, 2020 9:53 PM

Oct 2015
i would love to start watching one piece but uhm... way too many episodes -__-
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jul 5, 2020 9:57 PM

Aug 2018
Fullmetal Alchemist. I've heard it's superb and really damn good; Brotherhood being the #1 in here. But I'm kinda fearful I lose interest on it because it has a lot of episodes.

Gintama is another one I have on hold for the moment for having so many episodes and too little time and energy to watch them.
Jul 5, 2020 11:49 PM
May 2020
One Piece. I'll probably get onto watching it later, but as of right now I gotta finish some shorter ones before I binge watch that show.
Jul 6, 2020 12:32 AM
Nov 2019
One Piece and Gintama, probably. I might get around to them someday.
Jul 6, 2020 12:49 AM
Mar 2019
I prefer long anime first it is generally difficult for me to pick which anime to start so I normally pick long shows.
Jul 6, 2020 12:56 AM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Pretty much any of the ongoing (and finished) shounen ridiculousness, like One Piece and all that.

I think the only exception I'll make is Gintama - I'll get to watching it someday, only because the little that I've seen of it already is pure and utter hilarity so I'm really intrigued.

The rest, heck no.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Jul 6, 2020 1:12 AM
Sep 2018
As a guy that prefer long running anime or manga. Some of them are much better than seasonals. The reason why, is because you can connect with the characters a lot after watching/reading for a hundred episodes. Well, there are some that I still hesitate to watch, like Berserk, LOGH, etc. But I hesitate not because its length or anything like that. It's just the fact that my plan to watch/read list is really big. And to make things worse, I added Visual Novels on the list recently (I decided to start Fate series from there). I don't regret it tho
Jul 6, 2020 1:14 AM

May 2018
Excusememasen said:
I second Detective Conan, but I'd be more interested in the subplot between ShinichixRan tbh

There is not much going on there....because Shinichi is Conan 99% of the time.

But there is also Sonoko with the karate champion + her obsession with Kaitou Kid.
Heiji and Kazuha.
And pretty much everybody from the Tokyo cops (we even get flashback about inspector Megure).
Others...

"Love is all around" in Detective Conan.
Jul 6, 2020 1:19 AM
Sep 2019
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and Hunter x Hunter.
Jul 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Aug 2010
Gintama.. watched some episodes, movie and followed the 2nd season a bit. I find the show entertaining, but the number of episodes are too much, so I gave up.
Jul 6, 2020 1:33 AM

May 2018
simonitro said:

Also, I completed GaoGaiGer which is 49 episodes

Don't miss GaoGaiGar Final - it's movie quality OVA. Best action and visuals in the franchise.
Jul 6, 2020 1:35 AM
Dec 2018
I would love to watch one piece, naruto,and dragon ball z, but there are just too many episodes so I don't think I'm going to watch them anytime soon.
Jul 6, 2020 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
Nah long runners are the best, you live with the characters and let things simply exist, it's nice. Switching your mentality from length to a matter of interest makes watching anything (or doing an activity in general) so much easier.

If you get through one, you can get through anything.
Jul 6, 2020 2:16 AM
Oct 2018
One Piece is getting lots of hype but there's no way I'm gonna watch 900+ episodes when it takes around under 15 minutes to read a volume of the manga
Jul 6, 2020 2:31 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Sailor Moon. I really do.... but I really don't.

In fact, most anime over 26 episodes I find intimidating these days. I found it more encouraging a few years ago to conquer the amount of episodes, but I'm less likely to start a series as soon if it has a lot of episodes.

But most of all, Sailor Moon. I sort of like it, but it's not my priority.
also, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, and the Gundam series. Gintama and Pretty Cure to an extent, as well.

@ecstxsy without missing information? For me it takes 30 minutes to an hour to finish a single volume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2020 2:37 AM
Aug 2019
I think you should just start the series and if you're bored stop watching.
Jul 6, 2020 4:44 AM

Oct 2015
Naruto and One Piece come to my mind now.

Naruto is also in part because I just spoiled me most of the story with videos that Youtube recommended me. One Piece looks interesting and I watched like 200 episodes a long time ago on TV, but now I don't feel like to start it.
Jul 6, 2020 4:47 AM

Feb 2016
I watched One Piece until its latest episode but I just don't feel like watching Detective Conan

Jul 6, 2020 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
anything thats around 100 episodes or more. it took me 6 months to finish hxh even though i really liked it. its hard for me to even watch 20 eps sometimes
Jul 6, 2020 5:26 AM

Nov 2018
I wouldn't say I don't want to watch them, but it might be difficult to invest in, and that series for me would be Detective Conan. Unlike One Piece where you can watch the series with the same pacing as the manga on onepace, it would take me maybe 4-5 months to get through the 900+ episodes and dozens of movies and spin-offs without cutting out the filler and not trying to burn out at the same time. Though I'll get to it one day, I'll stop myself and stay to one massive series (500+ episodes) for once every year or two.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 6, 2020 5:35 AM

Mar 2020
all of them, im doing a 100 anime challenge but after im done with that probably none
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Jul 6, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2018
_cjessop19_ said:
it would take me maybe 4-5 months to get through the 900+ episodes and dozens of movies and spin-offs without cutting out the filler and not trying to burn out at the same time

Actually you don't need to watch any of the Detective Conan movies, OVAs, Kaitou Kid's titles or the crossovers with Lupin III. (Still Magic Kaito 1412, Lupin III vs. Detective Conan and Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie are worth it.)
Yes, there are some hints in the movies about the show but they are very rare and you can go without them.

And if you go with the manga it's relatively fast to read and pretty close to the TV series (well, not in the beginning but after certain point - definitely).
Jul 6, 2020 6:32 AM

Nov 2018
alshu said:
_cjessop19_ said:
it would take me maybe 4-5 months to get through the 900+ episodes and dozens of movies and spin-offs without cutting out the filler and not trying to burn out at the same time

Actually you don't need to watch any of the Detective Conan movies, OVAs, Kaitou Kid's titles or the crossovers with Lupin III. (Still Magic Kaito 1412, Lupin III vs. Detective Conan and Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie are worth it.)
Yes, there are some hints in the movies about the show but they are very rare and you can go without them.

And if you go with the manga it's relatively fast to read and pretty close to the TV series (well, not in the beginning but after certain point - definitely).

Even if they are unimportant to the main series, if you take a look at my list, a lot of the series that I've watched are 100% finished (OVAs, movies and all (excluding airing and PTW stuff)). It's just how I roll when watching anime and adding stuff to my list.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jul 6, 2020 6:54 AM

May 2018
_cjessop19_ said:

Even if they are unimportant to the main series, if you take a look at my list, a lot of the series that I've watched are 100% finished (OVAs, movies and all (excluding airing and PTW stuff)). It's just how I roll when watching anime and adding stuff to my list.

OK this is how you approach franchises...

I am just informing you that Detective Conan is one of these franchise in which you can ignore everything else besides the series.
On the opposite side are shows like Youjo Senki. You should definitely watch its movie since it's part of the main story.
Jul 6, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2018
alshu said:
_cjessop19_ said:

OK this is how you approach franchises...

I am just informing you that Detective Conan is one of these franchise in which you can ignore everything else besides the series.
On the opposite side are shows like Youjo Senki. You should definitely watch its movie since it's part of the main story.

I'll keep that into consideration when watching the main series first and then the other stuff afterwards when I feel like it.

Jul 6, 2020 8:02 AM
Jan 2017
Detective conan. I'm already trying to catch up on one piece and pokemon so yeah
Jul 6, 2020 8:05 AM

Sep 2019
Literally every long running Shounen ever
Jul 6, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Naruto for me
I want to watch it but 720 episodes in total is a pretty big commitment
Jul 6, 2020 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
I'm at the age where I have to be a little more picky so there are a few anime like Detective Conan, Gintama and Hitman Reborn that I want to watch but won't because of length
Jul 6, 2020 8:56 AM

Oct 2017
heh none, only cowards do that...:^)

Jul 6, 2020 9:03 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
pretty much all of them. I don't go out of my way to watch long-running shows because it is a commitment to stick with one show for anywhere over 50 episodes. Besides, they do get boring if you watch too much of one show in a short amount of time. I'm sporadically watching One Piece and Pokemon on the side, but at this rate the shows themselves will stop airing by the time I catch up.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Jul 6, 2020 9:26 AM

Oct 2019
Like nearly everyone said here: One Piece.
Probably also HxH but it is at least on my to-watch-list.
Shogo Makishima... just an unemployed bitter lit major who wanted to be a cereal killer.

Remember, kids, it is called looting, not shoplifting.
Jul 6, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2018
Definitely One Piece, friend of mine suggested it but the total amount of episodes just turned me off
Jul 6, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2018
One Piece, I really don’t feel like watching over 900 episodes and counting because it still airing.
Jul 6, 2020 10:30 AM

Jun 2020
I find long series to be quite enticing; the longer a series is the more likely that I will add it to my PTW, providing that it is interesting enough for me (as with every other series).
Besides, long series tend to get better the longer they go on, especially in terms of characters as they grow on you throughout the journey. The plot, most often than not, also gets many opportunities to expand its reach and flow better. Long series can also fix their faults later on. So my answer to the question is: there isn't any long series I'd reject just for being long.

...That said, I'm reluctant to start anime with complicated watch orders :P
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

26 by BatoKusanagi »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

33 by Maou_heika »»
4 minutes ago

» What's the worst anime year? ( 1 2 3 )

Hira1 - Nov 26, 2020

112 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 7 hours ago

17 by juanlqr »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

86 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.