Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2020 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
Summer 2020 Seasonal Discussion Thread

Spring was surely a tough season due do postponements and there is still a good amount of postponements in Summer as well. But eventually all shows will air and we need to just have to show patience and enjoy what we have, even though some like Dororo might start getting PTSD from the word postponement.
HibbingtonOct 5, 2020 4:58 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 4, 2020 9:07 PM

Aug 2011
First round of first impressions~ as usual, I have made it a point to enter the new season as blind as possible.

Lapis Re:Lights: Out of the two "magic high school" anime we've been treated to thus far, this one is my favorite. The girls are cute. I actually want to know why Tiara's sister doesn't want her going to school and why the school director made the decision about the group Tiara would be in. Despite the hints at darker undertones from the series, I feel like it'll be a mostly lighthearted magical idol show with obligatory yuri-baiting.

Misfit at Demon King Academy: I have no clue if the source material was like this or not, but this first episode felt very rushed. As of now, I'm not sure whether the absurd edginess is supposed to be comical, but it was a blast for me to sit through. I'm undecided whether I'll pick it up this season, but if I don't, then I guarantee I'll binge watch it when I'm in one of my fun dumpster fire moods.

Monster Girl Doctor: Honestly, this one felt kinda bland, but I guess it'll get the three ep rule.

Super HxEros: This ecchi is a HIT. We have a ridiculous plot, memeable quotes, and exploding clothes. I doubt I'll have any constructive thoughts to add about this one throughout the rest of the season, so just know that I'm sticking with this one for the long haul.
Jul 5, 2020 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
While it's certainly a bummer for so many shows to get postponed and delayed, there has never been a better time to catch up on older shows, so I for one won't complain too much. With that said, let's go over what IS actually coming out.

Deca-Dence - Ep 1 (Pre-Air)
Hands down the best show airing this season so far. Characters are likable and are animated so vividly and energetically that it's a joy to behold. The story is also set up very well with hints on something more going on beyond what we know so far. The only gripe I have with the series is that towards the big action scene at the end, the frame rate seemed weirdly unstable. I really hope that that was just because it was the pre-air and the video I watched was damaged or something, because it was quite jarring. If that does not happen again, though, then this show should be a treat.

Monster Musume no Oishasan - Episode 1
Jesus that was boring. The only reason I managed to sit through the entire thing was because I wanted to understand why this was made. It has no story, no comedy, no Ecchi, no real romance, nothing. Even the "characters" are so bland and generic they can hardly be call characters. All in all, i fail to see the point in this series' existence.

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros - Episode 1
I had hopes for this series. Not hype, per say, but hopes. The problem with these types of ecchi-romance-comedy series is that most of them are too afraid to go all the way and just end up being annoying. The sad part is that we have series such as Renai Boukun and Ishuzoku Reviewers that have proven comedy and ecchi can be done exceptionally well if you just embrace. Unfortunately, HxEros seems to be satisfied with having the "power of eros" just be some kind of anime magic instead of actually using lewd/funny fighting techniques. Couple that with generic tsundere childhood friend #546781 and censorship worse than To-love Ru and you've got nothing but wasted potential.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e - Episode 1
There were two main things that bugged me so much in this series that I decided to drop it. First, the visual effects, the CG ones in particular. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but it felt as if they had been added after the entire thing was already finished, so they seem to be on a layer above everything else. If you want to check what I mean for yourself, compare the way the older brother's lightning looks next to the black flames of the younger brother and you'll notice how the flames feel like part of the world, but the lightning does not. Second, and more importantly, the pacing felt rushed beyond believe. I have not read the original, but I would bet that there must have been more detail given to the demon lord himself, how and why he came back, the entrance exam and the backstory of the brothers he fights. Everything just happened so quickly one after the other that there was no time to get an understanding of whether or not the series is supposed to be funny or serious. So yeah, I don't see a reason to keep watching this.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs - Episode 1
This was totally acceptable, but nothing special. Depending on how empty this season will turn out, I might come back for a second episode, but I suspect I won't. my biggest problem is the lack of focus the series seems to have. Judging by the opening, it seems fair to assume that the idol element will be very important, but so far we've only been shown magic stuff, which by the way I thought was very well done. It established the world in a natural way and peaked my interest, but it failed to turn said interest into attention. Also the cliffhanger in the end kind of doesn't work since we didn't have enough time to get to know these characters to form any connection with them.

Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan - Episode 1
I'll give this series some credit for at least trying to go all the way, but it still fails in some other important ways. For starters, this series has by far the worst animation out of everything so far, with the shot of Peter running towards the bull in the beginning being my personal highlight (seriously, watch this episode just for that, it's hilarious). Most of the time it feels more like a slideshow than anything else. Next, while the punchline in the end did somewhat catch me off-guard, it also paints the MC in a very questionable light. Lastly, the fact that this series is once again fully censored robs it of even the last shred of interest it might have had.

Jul 7, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
Ok, let's see... There are still many shows that have not started yet, but I'll share a few impressions over the first episodes of the ones I have watched until now.

Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou
Well, I liked the first season and I was waiting for the second one. It has a fun first episode that mainly consist on random jokes, but I'm curious to see how the story continues.

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros
What in the holy name of Haruhi did I just see? I mean, it is not the weirdest thing I have seen for sure, but it is still pretty random. Anyway, it is very cliche (tsundere chilhood friend, random ecchi situations, stupid light censorship, etc), but it does not mean that it is horrible. I actually had a fun time with it, so I'll see how it continues.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Long title that nobody will ever read
Standard fantasy show about an extremely overpowered protagonist sweeping the floor with literally every bad guy. It can also be considered as a self-world isekai? Maybe? Nothing remarkable for now, but I'll watch it to see if anything interesting happens.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs
Honestly, I liked this. At least, I expected a much, much worse first episode based on the synopsis. The magic school setting looks on point and the characters are not bad either. I wonder how the idol part is going to be integrated though. I'll be waiting for the second episode to see if this turns out to be good.

The God of High School
I have been reading the manhwa for some time, so I was really wanting to watch the anime. The art follows closely the one in the manhwa and the animation is also good. A very solid first episode imo. I think people that haven't read the manhwa will like it too. The only thing I'm concerned about is the duration. The story is HUGE and only 13 episodes are not even the beginning. Let's hope they don't rush this too much.
Jul 8, 2020 6:43 PM

Feb 2017
I haven't seen much so far... only two shows which I think, again, we had a big name coming, but not too much hype...

The God of High School: First episode was fun... and I can't say much more. I just hope we don't have just a bunch of greedy guys wanting to show off and MCs kicking butts... like, every episode.

Deca-Dence: I need a second episode to make up my mind about this show. My first thoughts were just WTF, what's this kind of Jurassic Park?
The girl is nice, she reminded me of YnN's Emma xD
About the story... well, Kuutei Dragons and Ryuu no Haisha were running through my mind.
It wasn't bad... but it wasn't good either. OHHH Pipe was just so cute >.<

Jul 8, 2020 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
If there's any season in which I'll manage to keep my posts shorter, it's this one, so let's see if I can finally do that.

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! - Episode 1
This was way too annoying for me to stomach. Me and Senpai seem to be rather similar personality-wise, so everything Uzaki did and said felt like a direct attack to me. Also, as someone studying, designing and analyzing Games as a job like me, being made fun of for wanting to watch a movie alone was the point I lost it. God forbid people want to pay attention to the actual movie and analyze how it was made on an artistic level. Apart from that the animation was nothing special and there were these weird zoom effects every time something "funny" was apparently happening, but it felt more distracting than anything. Lastly, this might just be me, but the show felt incredibly empty. Like sure, there were a couple of people around, but in general we had the two main characters and then a big radius of nothing around them. Put that all together and I am out.

The God of High School - Episode 1
Let me start by saying that the animation for this was all in all pretty sweet. Some very inventive cuts and techniques were used, especially during the chase scene. Having said that, though, similar to Tower of God last season, something felt off while watching. After referencing the Manhwa afterwards, everything made sense. In the anime, not a single one of the main three characters was given a motivation for participating in the tournament. Or rather, their motivations were only vaguely hinted at in throw-away lines, not properly established. While I won't spoil it here (even though it's the first 3 chapters of the Manhwa so it's not even a spoiler), all three of them get a chapter each right at the start to explain how and why they were invited, what their fighting styles and personalities are and what they want to get out of the tournament. The series skips that and goes straight to the fighting, but even there they made some poor decisions. The chase scene for one, while beautifully animated, is way too long, especially compared to the source. That on it's own wouldn't be an issue if the preliminary match received the same treatment as well, but it was cut down quite a bit in comparison. To me, it feels like they got their priorities mixed up here.

Tl;Dr: The Manhwa fleshes everything out more and gives the right amount of time to the right parts, so I'd recommend that over the series.

Deca-Dence - Episode 1
Just a quick update that the weird frame-rate issues I talked about really were a problem with the pre-air episode and that this real premier looks gorgeous. Because of that, I can now officially proclaim this as my favorite for now.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season - Episode 1
I am in a fight with myself here. On the one hand, this was at least more interesting than most of what we've gotten so far. On the other hand, what we got was also rather standard animation, bland and lifeless talking scenes without anything stylistic to keep the audiences attention, basically a repeat of the premise from last time, only that this time the person's body still exists and plot holes on end (How far away were Subaru and Emilia from Rem and Crush that they didn't notice that giant explosion when they were attacked? And how did Rem and Crush even get back to the city? I thought they were the only ones left alive? And for that matter, why WERE they still alive? The archbishops didn't seem to care when tearing apart the foot soldiers, what made Rem and Crush so special? I genuinely want answers to these, so if I misunderstood something, please let me know!). While I would technically be fine with not continuing to watch this, as I am writing this I feel this weird urge in me to give it another episode. It's not really because I want to know what will happen, but maybe because some part of me wants to see how bad it could get? I really don't know, this show is causing a god damn identity crisis in me!
Jul 9, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2013
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Thoughts

Its been such a long time where I am able to go into the show with a clean slate but its also been such a long time where I question who Petra is XD. But that was the only character I didn't remember. But the episode was a bit confusing but we know what the goal is for now.

The God of High School Thoughts

A lot of flash and glittz in this show. There are some things I'm not too fond of like everyone having red noses. Just makes everyone look like they are sick. This whole episode just felt like a preview,
This could be fun though, I'm just worried that its all going to be glam with no substance.
Jul 10, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2011
Deca-Dence (ep. 01) I love anime originals, even if there is some question whether or not they’ll stick the landing. So far, I’m impressed. The mysteries about the world they’re living in genuinely captivate me. Natsume seems like a fun MC. It feels very Trigger-esque. I hope it keeps this up.

Digimon (ep. 04-05): I wish I enjoyed this as much as other people in the community seem to, but if I’m honest, this reboot lacks a lot of the charm of its predecessor. Unless something remarkable happens, I won’t be talking about this one much. I just kind of see it as a time-waster on my slow Sundays.

God of High School (ep. 01): This was a very fun first episode. I found myself swept up in the excitement of the bike chase and very impressed by how fluid the animation was throughout the entire thing. As for the characters themselves, my question is why they were accepted into the tournament or what their motivations are for participating? Hopefully episode 2 will answer this.

Mewkledreamy (ep. 01-09): I don’t see myself talking about this series much either, but unlike Digimon, I do find this one charming. It’s a cute breath of fresh air.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time(ep. 01): Look at me, expanding my horizons by giving ecchi a proper chance this season. Off the bat, the character movements seemed choppy. Maybe that was just my player, but it was very distracting. Then there’s the MC. I’m, uh, not a fan of him. I won't be continuing this one.

Re:Zero (ep. 01): While the animation seemed a bit subpar at times, I’m glad to see this show back. Not much to talk about yet, but we’ve got our mission.
Jul 10, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
Since the only other series I'm interested in start airing next week, this'll be the last post of mine until then.

Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 - Episodes 1-2
Seeing how this series dropped in full and yet I'm only talking about the first two episodes, some might already get where this is going. Yeah, I didn't feel like this deserved to be finished. First up, the animation ranges from rare, and I mean RARE cases of pretty good to slideshow, and in my opinion even worse than Peter Grill, which at least tried to have something moving on screen other than mouths. Normally, that alone wouldn't be a show killer for me, but seeing how Masaaki Yuasa was involved with this (however little that involvement might have been given the end product) just makes it hurt all the more. Don't be deceived, this is no Tatami Galaxy, no Devilman Crybaby and no Ping Pong in terms of animation and creativity. Next, and arguably the biggest problem in my eyes, the story and tone. The first episode goes from 0 to 100 so quickly you can't even comprehend who the main characters are until 2 minutes before the episode ends, making it difficult to connect anything that is going on. The final straw for me though were the endings of episode 1 and 2 respectively, which were just cliffhangers for the sake of being cliffhangers. I don't want to spoil them here, but just let me say that they contribute nothing to the story in the first episode and actively made me question the intelligence of the characters in the second one. All in all, can't recommend.

Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Episode 1
Those that have read some of my post from past seasonal discussion threads might now that I always try to explain my reasons for liking or disliking a show in a way that even those that might not agree can at least understand where I'm coming from. I might have some troubles doing that with this show, as I have only found one issue with the series, and it is a rather personal one. I just flat-out cannot stand stories that build their entire premise on the fact that someone lies about something. No matter in what context these types of stories have been used so far, I have never once enjoyed one of them. I just end up sighing every time the main character has a chance to come clean and then some dumb stuff happens to prevent it. Apart from that, the series is very well made. It has a lot of energy and the jokes land more often than they miss. The animation also tries to do some creative stuff every now and then. I can totally see a lot of people enjoying this show, but I won't be one of them.
Bagira20Jul 10, 2020 9:48 PM
Jul 12, 2020 12:53 AM
Faceman

Oct 2014
Not quite caught up with the season yet but I'd like to start doing this more often, giving a little review of the first episode of each new show in a season, so expect more to come.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs: 3/5
This might be a bad one to start with, because I actually thought this was a completely different show! I rushed to watch it because I thought it was Assault Lily: Bouquet, the new Shaft anime coming like later this year or next year. No idea where that came from, but the episode was somewhat interesting. I like the concept of magical girls and idols, but it doesn't interest me as much as Symphogear does with a similar concept. The character design was pretty clean, and the girls were pretty cute. Seems like it would a nice little episodic shows, I imagine with each episode focusing on a different girl or group of girls. Probably not going to continue watching.

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros: 2/5
Turns out I read a couple chapters of this manga a while back, not much to say about it. Horny stuff for horny people, might watch this episode again when the uncensored version comes out. Nothing really stuck in my mind for this episode; unmemorable designs, characters, and plots. As someone who just finished Ishuzoku Reviewers, I am a little disappointed. Won't be watching this one.

Monster Musume no Oishasan: 2/5
Another kind of horny show with meh animation, perhaps some decent waifu bait if you like lamia or whatever the monster girl of the week is going to be. I will admit I was hoping the show would be more slow-paced and atmospheric . I do like the classic fantasy setting, but I don't think it's going to be used to any worthwhile effect. Credit does deserve to go to the VA for the main Centaur girl for a pretty good, classic Ojou-sama voice. But, not going to watch this one.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e: 2/5
Perhaps a pretty low score for this episode, it had pretty solid animation and I do appreciate a concept that is very simple and the show does not try to take it any more seriously then what it is. That said, it's a boring concept, boring characters. It's just like any of the multiple isekai shows, specifically in the class of OP evilness. The parents were kind of cute but I really just wish one of these shows about a powerful dark lord would focus more on a group of characters that are all over the top and powerful, instead of the just the one MC and some generic waifu. Maybe a little harsh but it's all I could think about during the episode. Will not be watching more unless I hear good things about future episodes.

The God of High School: 3/5
I expect to see shows like this for a while, Korean manwha action shows with a wide cast of characters with visual designs ranging from questionable and weird to interesting and unique. Admittedly, I will say I got burned on Tower of God, it did not click with me, I did not like it. This episode seems much more straightforward than ToG was, so I will be keeping my eye on it, but I will be keeping my expectations in check, since ToG was quite hyped up. The animation is similar for both shows and I do really like the lighter style of it, and if they get some hype fights then I may come back to this one.

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!: 3/5
So now my true colors come out, I'm a simple man. I've been reading the manga and staying up-to-date with it for a while and I was excited when this show got announced. The main character is rather bland, but Uzaki herself is the reason to watch the show. Cute and smug, hard to beat. Plus one of my favorite female VA's is voicing her. I won't lie and say the manga or episode is incredible, but the episode did match my expectations, the animation was good and I'm looking forward to more. Only one I'm watching so far.

And yes I am also quite excited for the Nagatoro anime.

Jul 14, 2020 9:35 PM
Faceman

Oct 2014
Deca-Dence: 4/5
The first scene felt a little generic to me, I get the feels but it's a very common start to any kind of fiction. After that first few minutes though, it sucked me right in. The main character is riding on the border of being annoying, but rode that line really well, I grew to like her and be invested in her by the time of the big fight scene. The visual style and animation were really solid, although the 3D needs a little more work. Audio wise, the music and sound design worked together along with the visuals to create an extreme adventurous feel to the world. I am pretty interested in seeing more, of both the characters and the plot. Also excited that it's an original show, get to be along for the ride. Going to be watching this one.

Kanojo, Okarishimasu: 2/5
On a technical level, episode was fine. No complaints about the visuals or audio. I do not like the characters, mainly Kazuya. This episode reminded me a lot of Nisekoi, but the main difference and problem was that this episode felt like it tried to be realistic in the beginning. I am not a big fan of Nisekoi either, but that one certainly lead more comedically and was more fun. First scene in this was a little funny but Kazuya just kind of felt shitty to me the whole time, I'm not going to call him a simp or anything, but he just felt whiny and bitchy. Chizuru herself was also not really interesting in anyway to me, just like a standard tsundere with extra steps. No desire to watch this one.

The rest of these are all shorts, except for the last one, mostly not a lot to say.

Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan: 2/5
Now this is the other side of the coin from Dr. Monster Girl, and I generally prefer when an ecchi just plays it straight. The animation was fine, better than what I expect from a short ecchi series focusing on sex. Also thought it was pretty funny, but I do dislike the main character NTR-ing his girlfriend. Might keep watching this one, I do like watching shorts since their easier to digest.

Kyojinzoku no Hanayome: 1/5
I was not expecting this when I was watching the episodes of the season. I did not look at the tags, synopsis, or English title before watching it. It's yaoi, explicit yaoi but it did not show any nudity. I am not into yaoi, and even if I was, pretty bad animation. That's a negative from me.

Chou Futsuu Toshi Kashiwa Densetsu R: 1/5
So very simplistic and just kind of rambling about random stuff. It seems to be the first TV anime that some of the staff have worked on so I can't knock on it too hard, but I will not be watching it.

Ninja Collection: 1/5
I did have some interest in this because it was related to Yami Shibai, which I do somewhat enjoy, just wish it was a little more animated. But with the focus being taken off horror and becoming, what looks to be at least, more story and character focused. it doesn't work well. The style of Yami Shibai works well with it being episodic and just a compilation of stories, but this first episode was not interesting and I just can't foresee myself getting invested in any overarching stories or characters. Might keep an eye on this, if it gets better I'll check it out again.

Get Up! Get Live! #Geragera: ???
So I could not find a translated version of this episode, and it it focused on verbal comedy, so I will be waiting for a couple weeks to see if it gets subbed somewhere. Ultimately, it doesn't seem to interesting even if I understood it, unless the writing is really, really good.

Nihon Chinbotsu 2020: 3/5
Figured I would check this out, I generally just stick with TV anime when watching seasonal stuff. Saw a bunch of people talking about it, and off the first episode alone I would say it was mildly interesting. I was excited to see Masaaki Yuasa attached to this, but as I read more about the show it seemed he didn't have much influence on it in the end. A lot of people seemed to dislike the animation or visual style a lot, I had no problem with it and I thought the concept was intriguing. The end of episode was when I started understanding people calling the show unintentional funny, because the ending shocker was just king of goofy. Probably will not be watching it, people were saying the tone was all over the place and the characters do not really improve so I'll probably just watch the first episode and move on.

Jul 16, 2020 4:16 AM

Mar 2016
And here we are, the final round of first impressions plus some updates! This will probably be a longer one, so let's get to it!

Great Pretender - Episodes 1-14
People are talking so little about this show that I almost completely forgot it exists, which is a real shame 'cause this series is a lot of fun. While the story might not be the most innovative or mind-blowing, watching the characters interact and trying to figure out how to go about their next con is just very enjoyable. The show holds up visually as well (excluding those CG crowds in the second arc), with the art style and colors for the backgrounds in particular really setting this one apart for me. Overall pretty solid and one I will very likely watch to completion.

Gibiate - Episode 1
This was just embarrassing on every level. The animation switches between still images and horrible CG (that isn't moving half of the time either), the art style is rather bland and unappealing, the characters are uninteresting and WAY too trusting and accepting of supernatural elements and the story is cliche and not engaging. However, while all of those elements would be more than enough for me to drop the show, the one detail that makes me actively hate it is that this is an original show. What is the point of making an original anime if you don't have the means to go through with it? Before checking the MAL page after watching, I was convinced that this was just another poor Manga adaptation, but seeing that it is an original hurt me deeper than I could ever hope to bring across here. Utterly worthless in my eyes.

Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE - Episode 1
Believe it or not, this series is more intriguing than it might seem. While it definitely has Otome-Game adaptation written all over it, it does it's best both visually and narratively to create something worth watching besides looking at beautiful men. While I would have never thought I would say this, there is a solid chance I will give this another episode and see where it goes. Check it out for yourself and see what you think.

And now, for some second episode impressions!

Lapis Re:LiGHTs - Episode 2
Despite my earlier comments I actually did return for a second episode, but this will actually be all I will give this series. If a show can spend more than half an episode having the characters chase a duck through a town, then it clearly does not have enough interesting things to show for the rest its run either.

Deca-Dence - Episode 2
As if I wasn't sold enough on this show already, the second episode once again goes above and beyond by revealing what I thought would be one of the bigger twists later in the series right at the start. In a direct contrast to Lapis, this show seems to have quite the big story the tell, and i am thrilled to be along for the ride. Fantastic and definitely my favorite this season.
Bagira20Jul 17, 2020 10:38 AM
Jul 17, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2020
It's my first time keeping up with the seasonals. So it's kind of like a new experience to me.

OreGairu Season 3

As OreGairu is one of my favorite anime of all time, the third and final season of OreGairu is my most anticipated anime this season. I'm hoping for at least a decent conclusion to the anime. I won't mind if it isn't as good as the previous season.

And fortunately, the first episode was really good. It was a smooth pick-up from the last season. The animation is also better than before. I think feel. has done a great job with the final season of OreGairu. I'll watch the second episode tomorrow, and see if the quality is still the same.

The God of High School

The God of High School has the potential to be one of the best anime of this season. I haven't watched the second episode yet, but the first episode was pretty entertaining. The animation is very decent, although the noses are way too red. The OP and the ED are very catchy. The characters are quirky. The fight scenes are really cool. Overall, a very entertaining first episode. So I'm hoping for something great from The God of High School.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy

From what I've gathered after watching 2 episodes, this anime is really mediocre. It's full of cliches. Generic plot, overused OP protagonist, lack of interesting character traits, unnecessary fast pace of the story, and other weak aspects make The Misfit of Demon King Academy really generic. But it's still kind of entertaining to watch. I don't know why, though.
Jul 18, 2020 8:30 AM
Faceman

Oct 2014
Gibiate: 2/5
So where as Deca-Dence this season goes to show how originals can be creative and interesting, this show represents the other side of originals to me. Low budget (at least what seems to be low budget due to the animation and visual quality) production and a bizarre concept or mix of concepts that don't really work, again at least for me. Anyway, the episode was lackluster. Not much characterization, pretty bad action, and a concept I feel like I've seen 100 times in recent manga. Not watching.

Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE: 3/5
I'm generally not a fan of reverse harems, I think it's because I haven't seen a good one yet, but this episode was alright. The story actually interests me a bit, and I am curious to see the different abilities of the different guys. I also did get a little invested in the main girl and her show, but not quite enough to be further interested in the show. I'll keep an ear out for this one, see if it gets better.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

40 by HaXXspetten »»
Apr 13, 11:16 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.