Forum Settings
Forums

'Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation' Reveals Cast, Staff, 2021 Worldwide Debut

New
Jul 3, 2020 7:08 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The special panel at Anime Expo for the Subarashiki Kono Sekai (The World Ends with You) anime adaptation revealed cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured above), and a teaser promo on Friday. The cast members will reprise from the video game. The anime will debut worldwide in 2021.

Cast
Neku: Kouki Uchiyama (Charlotte)
Shiki: Anna Hachimine (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance game)
Beat: Subaru Kimura (Mawaru Penguindrum)
Rhyme: Ayana Taketatsu (Citrus)
Joshua: Ryouhei Kimura (Prince of Stride: Alternative)

Staff
Director: Kazuya Ichikawa (Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun, Monster Strike)
Series Composition: Midori Gotou (Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children), Gen Kobayashi (Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel)
Studio: Domerica, Shin-Ei Animation

Takeharu Ishimoto (Final Fantasy VII: Last Order) is reprising as the music composer from the game. Square Enix's game development staff are also cooperating in the anime project.

Square Enix published the action role-playing for Nintendo DS in Japan in July 2007 and in PAL regions the following April. The game was released for iOS and Android platforms in August 2012 and June 2014, respectively. An enhanced port based on the mobile version titled Subarashiki Kono Sekai: Final Remix was published for the Nintendo Switch console in October 2018. Shiro Amano drew a two-chapter one-shot manga in Shounen Gangan in 2008.

Teaser PV

Source: Famitsu
VindstotApr 15, 2021 3:37 PM

Jul 3, 2020 7:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Since there's a ''The Animation'' in the title, there's a 90% chance it's gonna be bad.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 3, 2020 7:24 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Since there's a ''The Animation'' in the title, there's a 90% chance it's gonna be bad.

I’m gonna trust in Shin-Ei... hopefully. Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2020 8:11 PM

Jun 2015
The artstyle looks rad and they brought back the original VAs and music composer. 100% sold. I think this is going to be a great adaptation and words cannot express how excited I am for that.

Jul 3, 2020 8:16 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Pretty cool to see that they brought the original composer and voice actors back... I wonder if they'll be able to get the original English voice actors for the English version too. I've already raved about my thoughts in the hype thread so sorry if anyone was expecting me to scream more here haha

I had no idea that Neku's JP voice actor was in frickin Charlotte though. I should've known his voice in the PV sounded familiar, I literally watched Charlotte earlier this year. AND what the heck??!?!?! Joshua's JP voice actor was in Angel Beats!?! Damn that's frickin awesome, it's gonna be weird to potentially hear Hinata here though hahaha
though i guess in that kinda way this will be fitting, huh? heheheh...
Jul 3, 2020 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
As a big fan of the DS game, my only concern is whether an anime adapted from a game can be good... don't remember any good ones.
Jul 3, 2020 10:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
If anything, they've absolutely nailed the game's style and aesthetic in the PV. And I'm not terribly worried about the pacing because the story can be adapted in one cour. However, the staff seems pretty meh. Hopefully it turns out to be a good adaptation.
Jul 3, 2020 10:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems interesting! Definitely going to give this a shot.

I happened to keep up with the panel over at AnimeExpo Lite too and that certainly made me a lot more curious than witnessing just the searing hype since the anime announcement.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2020 11:40 PM
Apr 2020
shonen gangan anime? Well it worth giving a try given how one of my other manga get an adaption next year as well.
Jul 4, 2020 1:46 AM

Oct 2010
I can't help shake the feeling that it looks like a web-comic or manhwa adaptation.
Jul 4, 2020 2:23 AM
Dec 2013
Oh shit! I didn't know The World Ends With You was getting an anime. I bought that game a few years ago for Nintendo DS, but stopped playing it when I didn't know how to progress at a certain point in the game. Looking forward to seeing best girl Shiki animated.
wildhoodJul 5, 2020 2:36 AM
Jul 4, 2020 2:50 AM

Nov 2018
i expect the ost gonna be bop
Jul 4, 2020 7:29 AM
May 2015
I remember playing this game a long time ago..I'm not expecting anything from this adaptation though, especially with those garbage studios

Jul 4, 2020 11:22 AM
Apr 2010
This is great and all... but... why not a sequel?
I like what everyone hates and hate what everyone likes. So I'm controversial. I guess.
Jul 4, 2020 12:53 PM
Dec 2017
I really can't wait to watch this show.

Jul 4, 2020 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
The character design looks quite faithful which I like, but I'm also glad they don't have those ridiculous waistlines they had in the games.
Jul 4, 2020 5:09 PM
Aug 2016
DatRandomDude said:

Most likely, yeah. But at least it looks cool and really faithful to the source material, unlike other titles with "Animation" in the title.

Also, hoping the influence of the original staff of the game working in the anime manage to create something great.
Jul 4, 2020 5:11 PM
Aug 2016
wildhood said:
Oh shit. I didn't know The World Ends With You was getting an anime. I bought that game a few years ago for Nintendo DS, but stopped playing it when I didn't know how to progress at a certain point in the game. Looking forward to seeing best girl Shiki animated.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get stuck at the game?
jc9622 said:
I remember playing this game a long time ago..I'm not expecting anything from this adaptation though, especially with those garbage studios

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. Also, nice phi pic.

Dubs4life said:

Here's hoping that, with the possible exposure received by the anime, a sequel can be made (although i thought the story wrapped itself quite neatly).

VVill said:
The character design looks quite faithful which I like, but I'm also glad they don't have those ridiculous waistlines they had in the games.

They had its charm, but they were looking a bit outdated. Still, i loved how they looked.
Jul 4, 2020 5:15 PM

Jan 2009
according to The Canipa Effect the fighting scenes will be in 3D animation while the none fighting parts will on 2D animation makes sense since the 2D character design looks hard to draw or not too animation friendly
Jul 4, 2020 6:04 PM
May 2015
mighty_phi said:
jc9622 said:

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. Also, nice phi pic.

It's been 3 years since I've had this pic but only 2 people have pointed out my forum pic. Goes to show how a lot of people are missing out on one of the best VNs I've ever played.

Jul 5, 2020 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
Funny, I just bought the game on switch yesterday and just started it. I heard good thing about it but unfortunately, I've noticed that games adaptation tend to be on the "bad" side so I'm not expecting the anime to be good.
Jul 5, 2020 12:58 PM
Apr 2010
Here's hoping that, with the possible exposure received by the anime, a sequel can be made (although i thought the story wrapped itself quite neatly).

Someone didn't play New Day in Final Remix...
I like what everyone hates and hate what everyone likes. So I'm controversial. I guess.
Jul 8, 2020 10:43 PM
Aug 2016

It's been 3 years since I've had this pic but only 2 people have pointed out my forum pic. Goes to show how a lot of people are missing out on one of the best VNs I've ever played. [/quote]

that's where the "Phi" in my username comes from! I love VLR, it's one of my fave games ever. Its story is fantastic.
Jul 9, 2020 6:18 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Yo I finally beat this game this afternoon... I think y'all can tell what I thought of it by the new additions in my Profile Favorites lmao

wildhood said:
Oh shit! I didn't know The World Ends With You was getting an anime. I bought that game a few years ago for Nintendo DS, but stopped playing it when I didn't know how to progress at a certain point in the game. Looking forward to seeing best girl Shiki animated.

ayy I too started this game long ago, Shiki is indeed best girl. Where'd you get stuck at btw?

Dubs4life said:

I loved this game throughout, but I honestly disagree. Maybe it's cuz I've learned from some of my favorite games like the Chrono series, but I think it's just best to leave it at one game. I personally don't want this game to be milked as hard as Kingdom Hearts has, and trust me, after seeing how ridiculous that series is in "complexity", it feels so zetta good when you learn something has ended and on a satisfying note at that.
Personally I'd honestly be up for some neat TWEWY merch over a sequel at this point.

Dubs4life said:

Someone didn't play New Day in Final Remix...

Sorry for butting in, but—I've only played the original DS version, is Final Remix really worth getting just for New Day? Or is it actually that important to play through/know about?
Jul 11, 2020 2:36 PM
Apr 2010
Fario-P said:
Sorry for butting in, but—I've only played the original DS version, is Final Remix really worth getting just for New Day? Or is it actually that important to play through/know about?

I'd say it is. Admittedly the Switch version controls are wonky as hell... but the ending... well... I suppose I could spoil it but it might anger others that may intend on playing the Switch version eventually.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
8 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.