Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san' Gets TV Anime

New
Jul 2, 2020 8:26 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of 774's (Nanashi) Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) manga on Thursday, revealing the main staff and a teaser visual (pictured). Voice actress Sumire Uesaka (Musaigen no Phantom World) will star as the titular character Hayase Nagatoro.

Staff
Director: Hirokazu Hanai (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru, Kami no Tou assistant director)
Series Composition, Script: Taku Kishimoto (Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Hanebado!)
Character Design: Misaki Suzuki (Tari Tari sub-character design, Tsukumogami Kashimasu chief animation director)
Music: Gin (Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!, Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?)
Studio: Telecom Animation Film

Synopsis
High schooler Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend her free time doing one thing, and that is to bully her Senpai! After Nagatoro and her friends stumble upon the aspiring artist's drawings, they find enjoyment in mercilessly bullying the timid Senpai. Nagatoro resolves to continue her cruel game and visits him daily so that she can force Senpai into doing whatever interests her at the time, especially if it makes him uncomfortable.

Slightly aroused by and somewhat fearful of Nagatoro, Senpai is constantly roped into her antics as his interests, hobbies, appearance, and even personality are used against him as she entertains herself at his expense. As time goes on, Senpai realizes that he doesn't dislike Nagatoro's presence, and the two of them develop an uneasy friendship as one patiently puts up with the antics of the other. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

774 (Nanashi) posted a prototype of the titular character Nagatoro on Pixiv in August 2011. The comedy slice of life manga began serializing in Magazine Pocket application in November 2017. Kodansha will publish the eighth volume on July 9. Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san has a cumulative 1 million copies of its volumes in print.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in October 2018 for both digital and print release and shipped the second volume on February 18. The third volume is planned for an August 18 release.

Official site: http://www.nagatorosan.jp/
Official Twitter: @nagatoro_tv

Source: Comic Natalie

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san on MAL
VindstotNov 6, 2020 10:43 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2020 8:29 AM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Wow did not expect this. Will be very interesting to see how they will adapt this. Especially the facial expressions are very important in this series so I hope they will do it justice.
Jul 2, 2020 8:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solely looking forward to this because of the popularity of the series in Japan.

Sumire Uesaka-san as the main lead is a big plus, I wonder if we’ll get to see more of her sadistic tone here (like in the Carole & Tuesday live event while voicing Angela for instance, lol).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2, 2020 8:32 AM
Jul 2017
Wow I just woke up and I see news like THIS?!? I’m not still dreaming am I? Welp. The manga is in my reading list now now I have plenty of excuse to hop on it but wow. I thought this was one of those manga that never get an anime like with Komi San. Hope Komi San isn’t too far behind in getting an anime as well. FUCK YEAH THIS IS GREAT NEEEWWWSSSSS.
Jul 2, 2020 8:44 AM
Jan 2020
Let's goooo! Well deserved and hopefully the anime turns out good. I love reading this manga and I was always hoping it would get an anime and it finally happened!
Jul 2, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Been reading this since first chapter came out and honestly feels like yesterday when I started this. Surprised that this is getting anime so soon but I'm glad.
Jul 2, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
Ah finally
I will watch it even tho I'm reading the manga
Jul 2, 2020 8:52 AM

May 2016
He sure came a long way from drawing bestiality rape hentai to getting an anime...

Jul 2, 2020 8:52 AM

Jul 2019
Interesting... I want to see how they will adapt this.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jul 2, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
First UzaSen and now Nagatoro-San let's fucking go
It's okay to smirk

Jul 2, 2020 9:04 AM

Nov 2018
Haven't read the manga yet so...dunno how it will turn out. Anyway, let's see if this fits my taste.
Jul 2, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2019
And here I was getting excited that Annoying Senpai was getting animated. This blows that out of the water holy SHIT.
I wonder if they're gonna tone down the first couple chapters or not, because she's WAY more intense in those first 6 or so chapters. Personally idc if they leave it as is but it may put some people off if they just watch the first episode out of curiosity.
Holy shit I'm so fucking stoked rn.
Jul 2, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2014
The infamous manga is finally getting its own anime...this should be interesting.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 2, 2020 9:26 AM

Oct 2017
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 2, 2020 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Not surprised given its popularity, wonder where its gonna end though cause the issue is the early parts of the series are very formulaic and kind of uneventful but it does get alot better as it goes on, stuff I dont see it really getting to unless it pulls a kaguya S1 and starts skipping stuff to get to the more of worth stuff.
Nekomimi_Megane said:
He sure came a long way from drawing bestiality rape hentai to getting an anime...
Hinata winning mellowed him out

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2016
Honestly it doesn't feel long since the time the author was being happy that his webmanga was being turned into a proper manga
I feel happy for the author
Jul 2, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2016
The wholesomeness vibes from this are so strong. Glad it will get an anime.
bruh
Jul 2, 2020 10:16 AM
Dec 2013
Ah, so the more extreme version of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is finally getting an anime. Nagatoro has quite a sharp tongue.
wildhoodJul 2, 2020 10:48 AM
Jul 2, 2020 10:20 AM
May 2018
I haven't started the manga yet but i've heard good things about it so i hope this adaptation is good
Jul 2, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
Bruh to think I just finished reading the latest chapter just to see this
Jul 2, 2020 10:37 AM

Sep 2017
Ah yes
Enslaved happiness
خ
Jul 2, 2020 10:46 AM

Nov 2019
God has finally heard us. A glorious day to be alive indeed.
Jul 2, 2020 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Is she drunk, or just trolling? Or both?
Jul 2, 2020 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
FINALYYYYY!!!!
This manga really deserved a anime.
Jul 2, 2020 11:09 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Yonkou said it I think.

Almost all of our mangagirls have anime now!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2020 11:14 AM

Oct 2010
I only know about the manga from the random sexy memes, the premise is weird but I guess it works given the popularity. Maybe I'll try it
Jul 2, 2020 11:16 AM
Jan 2020
was kinda stuck when I read the first few chapters of the manga cuz I already didn't like the characters, so I haven't read it all yet. But seeing as it's popular now and getting an adaptation, might as well push myself to watch it.
Jul 2, 2020 11:20 AM

Oct 2019
A lot of manga are getting anime adaptations this season. That's good to know
Jul 2, 2020 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah. Ueaska Sumire will be perfect for her. Can't wait for this adaptation.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 2, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2019
TOFUgaKIRAIdesu said:
was kinda stuck when I read the first few chapters of the manga cuz I already didn't like the characters, so I haven't read it all yet. But seeing as it's popular now and getting an adaptation, might as well push myself to watch it.

Nagatoro chills out a bit after the first couple chapters. She goes from 'good god she's going to drive this kid to suicide', to 'aww, she's teasing him'.
Also senpai starts actually interacting back a bit more.

Is this a spoiler? Probably not, right?
Jul 2, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
Looking forward to it but with only 63 chapters from 8 volumes and a somewhat fast paced episodic element I guess it'll be very short of one season with a low chance of another in the future like most promotional anime adaptions.
Jul 2, 2020 11:33 AM
Jan 2020
DrHizzle said:
TOFUgaKIRAIdesu said:

Nagatoro chills out a bit after the first couple chapters. She goes from 'good god she's going to drive this kid to suicide', to 'aww, she's teasing him'.
Also senpai starts actually interacting back a bit more.

Is this a spoiler? Probably not, right?

ok thanks man, I'll try to put up with her shit then... XD
Jul 2, 2020 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Totally gonna enjoy this......I love this manga one of my favourites.
Jul 2, 2020 11:38 AM
Apr 2020
Holy shit I just started reading this 2 weeks ago and I get this I am beyond happy
Jul 2, 2020 12:16 PM

Mar 2017
From the summary description this sounds a bit too similar to Takagi-san, which I tried watching but found utterly painful and ended up dropping partway through the season.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jul 2, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
Ohhhhh shit it was about time !
Jul 2, 2020 12:42 PM
Feb 2018
Whaaaaa i wasnt expecting this at all!I hope Komi s manga is next on the anime line!
Jul 2, 2020 12:49 PM

Aug 2019
i remember when everyone was obsessed with this video for a while
Jul 2, 2020 12:52 PM
Jan 2020
Wow I'm so excited,I will start reading it again.I don't even know why I dropped it.
Jul 2, 2020 1:02 PM

May 2015
Hmm... This a rather average rom-com manga to be honest. I do think the first chapters are pretty off-putting and the whole manga is rather repetitive in general. It doesn't help that the male MC is a bland/uninteresting character. Nagatoro carries this manga and the only reason of its popularity (in Japan), so if you don’t like her, then you probably won’t like this at all.

The staff is alright... I like that Taku Kishimoto (scripwriter) is involved in it even though I don’t see the reason why (he doesn’t seem the type of scripwriter that would work on something like this). I can’t really say I care about the director since most of the stuff he has directed range from mediocre to average (directing-wise).

I’ll still check this out when it airs for the sake of seeing some of Nagatoro scenes animated.
zero-rJul 2, 2020 6:25 PM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 2, 2020 1:21 PM

Jul 2015
masochists will love this disgusting piece of shit

auto skip
tragedydesuJul 2, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 2, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
Long story short, this is very, very similar to Takagi-san. However, the start of this series (i.e. most of what this anime is likely to cover) is incredibly mean-spirited compared to Takagi-san. Something to bear in mind for people put off by Takagi-san already or for people who enjoyed Takagi-san and are curious about the comparisons.

I am wary about that start, but looking forward to this all the same as it has become much more wholesome and pleasant as of the last 20ish chapters.
Jul 2, 2020 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
I've heard good things about this, i'm gonna watch it
Jul 2, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2014
Somehow I just knew it will happen sooner or later. While I like the manga, I'm not suepr hyped for adaptation. It's nice to see, nothing else. One of the stronger points of manga is art style and that doesn't always translate to anime.

I also have mixed feelings about Sumire Uesaka. I imagined Nagatoro's voice way differently, but who knows, maybe she will fit too.
JustAnotherShiroJul 2, 2020 2:18 PM
Jul 2, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
about fuckin time, komi-san next pls

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jul 2, 2020 3:48 PM
Oct 2019
Holy Shit! Yes! Yes! Fucking Yes! I was hoping this would happen since the last popular manga I read, but This is gonna be great. I already own the first three volumes of this as well. LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOO! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jul 2, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2017
Atavistic said:
Long story short, this is very, very similar to Takagi-san. However, the start of this series (i.e. most of what this anime is likely to cover) is incredibly mean-spirited compared to Takagi-san. Something to bear in mind for people put off by Takagi-san already or for people who enjoyed Takagi-san and are curious about the comparisons.
To people wandering what Nagatoro is all about, here you go.

Honestly, this news is not shocking at all given from the stand of manga readers who've been complaining about the staleness of Nagatoro and Takagi-san: same teasing formula (from the girl to the boy) that is quite episodic and goes down the tread path of romance the same way.

Quite on the wall for this though...excited but also cautious.
Jul 2, 2020 5:41 PM

Feb 2010
me: this year is shit

nagatoro and uzaki get an anime me now:

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 2, 2020 6:43 PM

Mar 2017
Atavistic said:

Considering my reaction to Takagi-san, I should thank you for warning me away from Nagataro. The latter has at least one point in it's favor, however, which is that the summary doesn't mince words about her behavior being bullying. I've gotten into arguments about that very point with respect to Takagi-san.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 8 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.