Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you use to judge other people's tastes?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 1, 2020 3:52 PM

Apr 2018
Mash56 said:
Steins;Gate, if someone didn't liked it, it's the chosen one who understand something in anime

Says the person who gave fairy tail a 10/10
Jul 1, 2020 4:03 PM

Dec 2016
Anime elitists that believe all the old classic anime are better compared to current anime. Talk about nostalgic boner or tone death.
Jul 1, 2020 8:05 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
If someone likes Haruhi or Madoka then I will probably get along with them.
Jul 1, 2020 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
If they mostly like slice of life, romcoms, and waifu-bait, our tastes are probably different. I mostly enjoy fantasy/scifi epics.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jul 1, 2020 9:09 PM
Mar 2019
kullapz said:
I would probably ask them if they like BNHA. If they do, im outta there. And if its their favorite, please dont ask me why im in jail.
Watch more anime man, I can't take u serious when ur list is full of nothing.
Jul 1, 2020 9:37 PM

Oct 2018
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
ThousandCuts said:
Any mainstream show. My Hero Academia is the best show use to tell if the person is a complete normie. Demon Slayer is not too far off. I'd like to say maybe Attack on Titan but it's enjoyed by pretty much every anime fan, not just the casuals.
I am a normie, that just likes watching anime. Not a hardcore fan of anime tho.

Good to hear. Fans come in all shapes and sizes especially now that this entertainment medium is more inclusive than it has ever been.

Jul 1, 2020 9:39 PM
Mar 2019
ThousandCuts said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Good to hear. Fans come in all shapes and sizes especially now that this entertainment medium is more inclusive than it has ever been.
Mainstream shows are the ones that get people into anime so while liking Normie shows might be looked down up when u have been in the community for a while it’s also likely the reason u get 2 talk 2 that person in the first place.
Jul 1, 2020 9:40 PM
Mar 2019
ThousandCuts said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Also, my friend recommended me MHA which might be why it holds a special place in my heart (NO HOMO) I’m not actually in love with the show I’m just a big fan.
Jul 1, 2020 9:48 PM

Dec 2010
Anime elitists that have old shows in their favorites and think newer anime is trash and anyone that does not like what they like is a casual.
Jul 1, 2020 9:57 PM
Feb 2014
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Rinshan-san said:
BNHA by an overwhelming landslide. You can't go a day without someone making an awful take about it and ranting about how the female characters' bodies are problematic is the main thing I keep seeing. Even its haterbase is pretty bad too.
It gets pretty old at a certain point, but hey at least we got Tower of God and KNY as back up.

The whole "NO LEWD NEZUKO" stuff shit a year ago was hilarious. Especially when the same people were simping her and saying "tHe WeEbS" doing it was icky and wrong.
Jul 1, 2020 10:10 PM
Mar 2019
Rinshan-san said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
It gets pretty old at a certain point, but hey at least we got Tower of God and KNY as back up.

The whole "NO LEWD NEZUKO" stuff shit a year ago was hilarious. Especially when the same people were simping her and saying "tHe WeEbS" doing it was icky and wrong.
She really isn't that attractive IMO.
Jul 1, 2020 10:10 PM
Nov 2018
Why get in the way to judge their taste on your own when you could just ask them and get a better perspective of what they like?
Jul 1, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 2019
Pibix said:
Why get in the way to judge their taste on your own when you could just ask them and get a better perspective of what they like?
That is 2 easy 2 do for us. It's easier 2 choose the harder way.
Jul 1, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2019
Edocchi said:
Gintama 2015 in favorites is a sign of shit taste
Why? Oh, I checked it highest rated gintama season.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Jul 1, 2020 10:14 PM
Feb 2014
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Rinshan-san said:

I'm not either I'm just pointing out how those same BNHA tier younger and newer fans were spilling their mindset over to KNY. Felt like it was obvious.
Jul 1, 2020 10:16 PM

Jan 2019
Id ask if they like SAO or not then go from there.
Jul 1, 2020 10:17 PM
Mar 2019
Rinshan-san said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

I'm not either I'm just pointing out how those same BNHA tier younger and newer fans were spilling their mindset over to KNY. Felt like it was obvious.
MHA is better than KNY, but dear god the fanbase is so toxic. I'm a fan of MHA and I'm 17 so I guess I'm just a young fan.
Jul 1, 2020 10:21 PM
Feb 2014
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Rinshan-san said:

MHA is better than KNY, but dear god the fanbase is so toxic. I'm a fan of MHA and I'm 17 so I guess I'm just a young fan.

KNY's first season was a lot of fun. BNHA has been kind of predictable to me the past few years, but I still keep up.
Jul 1, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2019
I think its more polite to use word "other people likes" than "other people tastes". Nevermind :v. For me by checking their favorite list, and anime list its more than enough to give you impression about that person if there something i don't understand i'll ask directly to that person.
Jul 1, 2020 10:49 PM
Mar 2019
Rinshan-san said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

KNY's first season was a lot of fun. BNHA has been kind of predictable to me the past few years, but I still keep up.
I mean most shows that have multiple seasons get boring, and KNY is still fresh in our minds compared to MHA. I definitely would put the manga of MHA over KNY, as for the anime I need 2 see more than 26 episodes 2 claim it is better than MHA.
Jul 1, 2020 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
I really don’t care about “taste” too much because in the end we all enjoy different things, but I usually like to ask people their thoughts on Evangelion just because it’s notorious for being either LOVED or HATED and it’s interesting to see what they think and why. It’s also fun to see how they interpret it.
Jul 1, 2020 10:51 PM
Mar 2019
I do judge people if they don't have Nevel from iCarly as their favorite antagonist.
Jul 2, 2020 12:11 AM
Mar 2019
Rinshan-san said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

MHA does get better in the manga tho, but I do agree that KNY was entertaining just like MHA Season 1-First Half of Season 3 after that it hasn't been as good but it still can get back 2 where it was but like I said it gets better after the First Arc in Season 5. I was dissapointed with the ending 2 in KNY, but again the anime can improve on that because it's done by motherfucking ufotable.
Jul 2, 2020 12:39 AM

Feb 2018
I'd ask for their opinion on 3 anime:

1.A mainstream shounen clusterfuck
2.An older but well done anime that ends up being very good
3.One of my favorite anime at the moment

I don't really think I'll judge them or anything, but I like to see who I can vibe with

Jul 2, 2020 1:24 AM
Jan 2014
I never "judge" people's taste. It's pointless since stuff like "good taste" and "bad taste" don't exist and I feel sorry for anyone that thinks they doo exist. I just learn what kind of taste they have as I learn what shows they like/dislike. Stuff like naruto, one puece, death note, clannad, oremio, high school dxd, violet evergarden are good indicators as to what kind of taste they have. I usually get along with any kind of taste tho cuz I like almost everything =D
Jul 2, 2020 1:40 AM

Oct 2010
If they rated mousou dairirin above 8 I know they are smart people.
If they rated kimetsu above bleach and naruto, that means they are easily influenced kind.
If they have keijo above 8 I applaud them
Jul 2, 2020 1:53 AM
May 2019
Attack on Titan . demon Slayer gintama and death note
Jul 2, 2020 6:24 AM

Oct 2017
SAO.
That's it--, SAO.
If they say it's great, there goes the possibility of our friendship.
Jul 4, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2016
Buttershooter said:
Mash56 said:
Steins;Gate, if someone didn't liked it, it's the chosen one who understand something in anime

Says the person who gave fairy tail a 10/10

First part was amazing, then it all fucked up
Jul 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2018
I'm sorry, Did I s....s...s...stutter?
Jul 4, 2020 9:34 PM

Jan 2020
Koe no Katachi, if it wasn't already obvious from my forum pfp and picture display.

If I see anything less than a 8 on the movie, then I feel that its just being disrespected at that point and I don't even bother looking at their other ratings. Either it just wasn't their anime, or they joined the bandwagon of "calling it a bad anime because its popular" movement. The former reason is fair, but just still can't accept conversing with somebody like that, as petty as it sounds lol.

ParagonMindJul 4, 2020 9:37 PM
Jul 4, 2020 9:51 PM

Mar 2020
gaboru said:
So to sum up this high intellectual discussion, you have shit taste if:

- Anime A is your favorite
- Anime A is not your favorite
- you rated anime B higher than 1
- you rated anime B lower than 10
- you breathe
- you exist

might as well throw in consume any anime at all
Jul 4, 2020 9:58 PM

Mar 2020
I try not to judge people based off their tastes, but what I do is try to gauge what anime that they like by asking them a few basic/open-ended questions. Usually I would try to lead off with "Oh have you heard about x popular anime?" and try to form the conversation around that. Depending on how long the conversation lasts, what other shows pop up, or what they like about the show I can usually have a general understanding of what their tastes are like. After that I might give recommendations and such.
Jul 4, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2020
Too much moe, I walk away.
If you can't see the art in a psychological thriller our tastes may not align very well.
Jul 4, 2020 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
Lueurs said:
If you can't see the art in a psychological thriller our tastes may not align very well.

You can't even see the art in moe yourself so there's already a big problem from your side.
Jul 5, 2020 11:19 AM
Jul 2020
Hrybami said:
Lueurs said:

You can't even see the art in moe yourself so there's already a big problem from your side.

I said, "Too much", moe. You big fat meanie.
Jul 5, 2020 11:21 AM

Sep 2018
If they like K-On or Hyouka more than a 8 I accept we do not share tastes at all.
Jul 5, 2020 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
If they heard about hxh and watched, given it a score 9+ (Then they great),
If SAO or Fairy Tail is their favourite anime (Then Imma head out)

All jokes, I respect everyone's taste in anime
"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone"- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 5, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2020
ASaid said:
ParagonMind said:
Koe no Katachi, if it wasn't already obvious from my forum pfp and picture display.

If I see anything less than a 8 on the movie, then I feel that its just being disrespected at that point and I don't even bother looking at their other ratings. Either it just wasn't their anime, or they joined the bandwagon of "calling it a bad anime because its popular" movement. The former reason is fair, but just still can't accept conversing with somebody like that, as petty as it sounds lol.

Someone who gave it a 7 (like me) thinks it's good though.

Eh, a 7 is labeled "good" on MAL but when you look at the grading system as a whole and how people generally grade, a 7 isn't necessarily a "good" rating, and in this case, especially for a film that did so well. Also, I'm highly biased when it comes to the film so anything lower than a 8 is pretty much a negative rating for me at that point.
Jul 5, 2020 4:59 PM

Jul 2016
Monogatari series. Highlighting nise. If that is your fav you have a greatest sin on mankind that need to be call out.

Edit: and MHA for being fujos.
chriskor022Jul 5, 2020 5:07 PM

Jul 5, 2020 5:02 PM
Mar 2018
I look at a favorites list, or go through somebodies list (assuming they don't private their list in the first place), sort it by score, & then go down the list. I don't particularly care if somebody likes or dislikes a show that I either dislike or like.
Jul 5, 2020 5:05 PM

Oct 2018
I've never done this, and I don't care about peoples "taste" in anime. If I discuss anime at all, I will just bring up my favorites, and suggest them if they haven't seen them yet.
████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
████░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░████
████░░▄██████████░░░░░░██▀░░░▀██▄░░████
████░░███████████░░░░░░█▄░░▀░░▄██░░████
█████░░▀▀███████░░░██░░░██▄▄▄█▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░░▄▄▀░░░████░░░▀▄▄░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░█▄░░░█████
█████░░░▀▀█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░▀█▄░░█░░█░░░█░░█▄▀░░░░██▀▀▀▀
▀░░░▀██▄░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▄▄
▄▄▄░░░▀▀██▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███░░░▄██▄
██████▄▄░░▀█████▀█████▀██████▀▀░░▄█████
██████████▄░░▀▀█▄░░░░░▄██▀▀▀░▄▄▄███▀▄██
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 4 hours ago

18 by Lucifrost »»
28 seconds ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

147 by BlueBullet178 »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by BlueBullet178 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

18 by FanofAction »»
16 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 1 hour ago

4 by Ten »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.