Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well this war was pretty crazy, a little mundane with the heros turning into monsters...

I wish there was a bit more for closure
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 16, 2020 6:28 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, kind of disappointed, manga does not do much to deserve seinen as genre...

Some nudity, some blood and that's pretty much about it.
There was no real depth in the manga. The story pacing was all over the place throughout the series.

Quite a few key characters were outright forgotten,especially near the end, feeling like the manga was rushed into closure.

And if we talk about the core of the manga itself - the battles and the art, which is sometimes saving grace when everything else is bad... well, it wasn't anything spectacular either..
Battles were as shonen as it gets and art was slightly above average.

Can't really say it's a bad manga either, but it felt more or less like an okay time passer.
Would say it's about 6/10, slightly above average, but also not something I would recommend over actually good series.
Sep 2, 2021 12:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally got to finish this. There was so many hiatuses and long periods without new chapters that one point I forgot about it and only when I saw the last volume on sale did I pounce.

The good. Well we have an actual honest to goodness ending that closes all the narrative threads, which is more than I can say for most manga. It was a bit on the predictable side and I was surprised how "well" things ended for Koinzell and his friends. I expected a bit more casualties considering the magnitude and ferociousness of the opponent.That said, seeing Glenn die was enormously satisfying.

The manga as whole meanders all over the place in tone. While the story is simple and classic enough, the tone changes are disconcerting I suppose for new readers. It starts as a sort of Berserk lite, with plenty of gore and rape, and then at one point it almost veers into battle shounen territory only to go back again to Seinen (minus the sex). I suppose that's what happens when you take so long between updates some times.

I hope it gets an anime one day. While it's not the best, there are much, much worse manga that get adaptations.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2021 4:21 PM
Nov 2020
Tied off the main arc with Glenn ok, but everything else was disappointing. Half-assed "I will never betray you" statement from Elseria, what a tease.
Nov 24, 2022 7:53 PM

Sep 2014
I dont know why but it says chapter 170 for me, so I dont know at which point I went out of sync with the rest of you and just decided to comment here for the end.

Lmao, Glenn really just stood around, took a canon to the face and died. Yeah he turned into a monster and Ascheritt suddenly was strong enough to kill him but its funnier if we pretend he died from some random guy firing the canon.

Had potential, wasted it all and couldnt decide what it wanted to be. First half was pretty decent/good. Then it seems the author lost interest or the magazine told him to just finish it. Honestly the end is surprisingly decent for how bad everything else in the second half was.

This really is just a shitty berserk clone though sadly, it never managed to figure out its own identity. The ship and wischtech design was cool.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 20, 2023 6:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last chapter!
Typical .... and the start of a new adventure?

In general was a cool manga, action, more fights, swords, monster, a fantasy world, betrays and more

8/10

kekeke

More topics from this board

» "Ubel Blatt" TV Anime Adaptation CONFIRMED

Knighthammer619 - Feb 21

9 by Knighthammer619 »»
Feb 24, 5:30 AM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - May 4, 2022

9 by Zee530 »»
Feb 24, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Übel Blatt Chapter 166 Discussion

Ranxomare - Oct 20, 2023

2 by Dee_Monkey »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Übel Blatt Chapter 165 Discussion

Ranxomare - Oct 20, 2023

0 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:39 AM

Poll: » Übel Blatt Chapter 164 Discussion

Ranxomare - Oct 20, 2023

0 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.