Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Maitetsu' Gets Short TV Anime for Fall 2020

New
Jun 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
An official website for a television anime adaptation of Lose's Maitetsu visual novel opened on Wednesday, revealing cast, staff, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime will air in 12 five-minute episodes under the title Rail Romanesque this Fall on Tokyo MX.

Synopsis
Set in Hinomoto, a fictional version of Japan, where for a long time railway travel served as the most important form of transport. Each locomotive was paired with a humanoid control module, so-called Raillord, that aided the train operator. However, many rail lines had been discontinued due to the rising popularity of 'aerocrafts,' a safe and convenient aerial mode of transport. As such, their accompanying railroads also went into a deep sleep.

Soutetsu had lost his entire family in a rail accident and was adopted into the Migita household, which runs a shochu brewery in the city of Ohitoyo. He returned to his hometown to save it from the potential water pollution that would occur if they accepted the proposal to build an aerocraft factory nearby. He woke up the Raillord Hachiroku by accident and became her owner. For different purposes, they agreed to help find her lost locomotive, with the help of his stepsister Hibiki, the town's mayor and local railway chief, Paulette and others. (Source: VNDB, edited)

Cast
Suzushiro: Sumire Uesaka (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo)
Kiko: Aya Suzaki (Yesterday wo Utatte)

Staff
Chief Director, Sound Director: Hisayoshi Hirasawa (Tachibanakan Triangle, Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki)
Script: Kouichi Motomura
Character Design: Takayuk Noguchi (Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine)
Music: Ayumi One.
Sound Production: Cloud22
Production Cooperation: Amumo 98
Studio: Saetta

J-pop singer Ayumi., voice actress Megu Sakuragawa, and Masayo Shinkai will perform the theme song.

Lose originally developed the adult game in March 2016. The game was ported to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch under the title Maitetsu: Pure Station in July 2018 and January 2020, respectively. Sekai Project released a censored version of the visual novel globally on Steam in June 2018.

A manga adaptation by Ame Kanro was serialized on Famitsu's Comic Clear website between December 2017 and January 2019. Kadokawa published the manga in two volumes in August 2018 and March 2019.

Official site: https://railromanesque.jp/
Official Twitter: @rail_romanesque

Source: animate Times

Maitetsu on MAL
VindstotJul 22, 2020 10:45 AM
Jun 24, 2020 11:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, now that’s some synopsis! Deep as heck in many ways but I’m pretty sure it’ll come down to a wholesome kind of show.

And to be honest that’s enough to pique my curiosity, lol.

Short format, now that’s a dicey move I reckon. Well have to see if that’ll eventually pay off.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 24, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
I've played the VN, all routes... I just know that this adaption will get the Anokana treatment where the romance is completely left out for the sake of not disappoint someone who preferred another route. All I'm gonna say is that unless they adapt the route (including the romance) of Hachiroku this will be a pretty boring watch... IMO obviously

Jun 24, 2020 12:29 PM

Oct 2017
Crew
Kryki said:
I've played the VN, all routes... I just know that this adaption will get the Anokana treatment where the romance is completely left out for the sake of not disappoint someone who preferred another route. All I'm gonna say is that unless they adapt the route (including the romance) of Hachiroku this will be a pretty boring watch... IMO obviously

From what I’ve seen it’s a story after the game ended. So the only romance from the mc’s would be from whichever route they choose I’m guessing.
Jun 24, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
Bdun4 said:
From what I’ve seen it’s a story after the game ended. So the only romance from the mc’s would be from whichever route they choose I’m guessing.

IF they choose a route at all! Like they didn't in the Anokana anime adaptation. Anyway, thanks for clarifying, this means it's a new story that I've not read then I guess. I'll check it out at least when it airs.

Jun 24, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
Kryki said:
Bdun4 said:

IF they choose a route at all! Like they didn't in the Anokana anime adaptation. Anyway, thanks for clarifying, this means it's a new story that I've not read then I guess. I'll check it out at least when it airs.

IMHO, AoKana is the example of the adaptation there cutting off the romance was for better. Because it was more interesting as a sport story than as a romance.
Nachtwandler_21Jun 25, 2020 12:15 AM
Jun 24, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
IMHO, AoKana is the example of the adaprtation there cutting off the romance was for better. Because it was more interesting as a sport story than as a romance.

We agree to disagree then. IMO, the romance strengthened the motivation in the MC's to train and their character development bloomed from it. Misaki's route was by far the best story for me. Followed by Asuka. The other 2 was pretty meh.

Jun 25, 2020 3:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Woah what?

Man, on one hand it's cool seeing some of the more famous loli eroges actually getting animated for once, but if it's gonna be in the form of an all-ages TV-short then... that's kinda... completely missing the point of the VN, no?

I mean sure, Maitetsu also has a lot of really beautiful landscapes and at its roots a fairly interesting setting, but its main selling point is still ultimately all the loli hentai content in it, just like in Monobeno. So I'm not entirely sure what to feel about this
Jun 25, 2020 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
while I dont mind eroge having anime adaptation because I wont really play the vn because it's not translated or because it's literally 200 hrs of my life, I think I'll watch this...

because for some unknown reason I have this on my steam acc wishlist... Also the cute loli... well kinda sad I dont get to see her naked, but still...
Jun 25, 2020 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
Kryki said:

I didn't play the VN but if this will be getting the same fate as AoKana, then I guess I'll just flip this anime out then. Since the length of its VN according to VNDB piques my interest, I might as well as try the VN.
TennoujiJun 25, 2020 4:43 PM

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by _MushiRock11_ »»
1 hour ago

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
6 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Shirayukin »»
9 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Mar 17

9 by mshfqtny »»
Yesterday, 4:25 PM

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by DrHizzle »»
Yesterday, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.