Forum Settings
Forums

Most unbearably annoying characters, to the point of dropping the show?

New
Jun 21, 2020 1:34 PM

Jan 2020
Any anime that you dropped because of a single or multiple unearned characters???
“Knowing you’re different is only the beginning. If you accept these differences you’ll be able to get past them and grow even closer.” – Miss Kobayashi
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2020 1:36 PM
Dec 2017
Kirito and to a lesser extent Okabe Rintato although I somehow managed to finish stiens gate in the end
Jun 21, 2020 1:40 PM

Dec 2018
I feel like being original today so I’ll say Shinji from Evangelion and Shirou from Fate.
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Jun 21, 2020 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
I managed to finish both of these in the end, but I almost didn't make it. Sempai from Magical Sempai and Hinata from Haikyuu!! s1. As for manga, I am still weighing whether to drop The Promised Neverland because of Emma.
Jun 21, 2020 1:45 PM

Jul 2017
Sae from Peach Girl has to be the most infuriating character I think I've seen. Doesn't help that almost all of the rest of the characters are blindly retarded, but damn have I never felt so much frustration from a character before.

also Suzuka from Suzuka....don't think I've ever seen a worse main pairing before :P
Jun 21, 2020 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Zenitsu from Demon Slayer. Unbearable.
Jun 21, 2020 1:50 PM

Feb 2018
Kagome from Inuyasha and any from Fairy Tail
Jun 21, 2020 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
easy ... Yuno Gasai / Mirai Nikki ... the only show I ever dropped because of a single annoying character
Jun 21, 2020 1:56 PM

Feb 2019
Index from Toaru Majutsu no Index. So annoying that it made me drop the second season (story wasn't that good either)
Jun 21, 2020 1:58 PM

Jul 2019
I have yet to drop a show but Nana Komatsu (Hachi) from Nana is probably the most unbearable character I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching.
Jun 21, 2020 2:01 PM
Jul 2013
Mineta realllllllly does not feel like he fits at all with the rest of the great cast of MHA. I don't even know how you make an emotional backstory for him that will be taken seriously
Jun 21, 2020 2:04 PM

Mar 2017
Asta made me drop the Black Clover anime, but I plan to read the manga so I at least won't have to hear his voice.

I finished s1 of Ultimate Survivor Kaiji, but I can't bring myself to watch s2. Even though I love the gambling and mind game elements, I can't stand Kaiji's character. I also dropped Fire Force because of the female character (idr her name) whose special ability is getting groped accidentally all the time.
Jun 21, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2018
Most unbearably annoying characters, to the point of dropping the show...for me...some exemples would be:

-Every bland and annoying harem protagonist from an Isekai ever
-Bell from Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
-Deku from My Hero Academia
-Yuusha from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
-Asta from Black Clover
-Meliodas from The Seven Deadly Sins
-Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki
-Tatsumi from Akame ga Kill
-Shinra from Fire Force
-Makoto from School Days
-Kouta from Elfen Lied

(in some cases I dropped the series....in others I finished the series)
Jun 21, 2020 2:06 PM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Made the show really hard to watch in the beginning, could've given it 9 instead of 7 if it wasn't for him.
Jun 21, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
Mashiro from Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo was that for me.
It's been a while since I watched it, but from what I remember all she did was cause trouble for the MC and embarass him in public. After I realized that this is who the main love interest is, I figured I won't be enjoying the ride for much longer (especially since I found myself cheering for the other girl).
Jun 21, 2020 2:12 PM

Jun 2017
Deku from My Hero.

Turbo cringe character.
Jun 21, 2020 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
The dumb b**** from aho girl i thought it will be funny not agonizing .But I endured to see main char to beat the shit out of her .Somewhat he did but it was not really worth it
Jun 21, 2020 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
Literally all the characters from Nisekoi. Especially Chitoge she is the most annoying tsundere in anime. Also her constantly arguing with the main character got on my nerves. Onodera was the most tolerable character from the nine episode I watch before dropping it. but even still she the type of dandere character who is so socially inept to the point where it's annoying.
Jun 21, 2020 2:30 PM
Jun 2020
Index from Toaru majutsu series... I don't even know why this girl considered to be cute...she so annoying for me. the reason why i still watch the series is because of Mikoto Misaka, Accelerator, and Touma's mysterious power.

when it comes to the point of dropping the show probably I go with kirito, almost drop s2, and decided not to watch alicization. it's not like I hate him, it's just that I want Sao new season with the new main character. please no more kirito. give the new girl to new mc.

Jun 21, 2020 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Subaru Natsuki. Can't stand the guy.
Jun 21, 2020 2:36 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood I guess
Jun 21, 2020 2:40 PM

Aug 2019
Everybody from Itazura na Kiss, and the MC from Gosick. It's mind-boggling how characters like that get written into an anime, and nobody on production says "Hey, aren't these characters extremely annoying?"
Jun 21, 2020 2:41 PM
Jun 2015
Dropped Re:Zero the first time watching it because of Subaru. Watched to the end on the second try, but opinion about him hasn't changed; he acts too over-the-top, akwardly, and forced
Jun 21, 2020 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
Li Xin, the main character from Kingdom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom?q=Kingdom

It's the only character from the 250+ anime I've seen that made me drop the anime after 17 episodes. He kept reacting angry to EVERYTHING, he would never hold a normal conversation, and just always scream. I endured so many episodes hoping he would get some character development, but nope, everytime he opened his mouth, he was screaming and angry.

Even though the plot and the world building were interesting, this dude alone made me hate the whole anime, and I dropped it.

Sourire said:

Exactly, I can't stand the guy either, but somehow he made the show popular in japan cause of the way he acts?
I just hate characters that scream for everything they do, Zenitsu hasn't had a normal conversation in the whole anime, he's always screaming and cringy. I still gave Demon slayer a 8/10, but that score would probably be higher if that kid wasn't in the anime.
GrimstarJun 21, 2020 3:19 PM
Jun 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2020
Deku from BNHA at first season is a crybaby, it was very annoying.
But Bam from Tower of God and that couple from Baccano are the champions. I hate them.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 21, 2020 3:18 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Almost dropped: Zenitsu from Demon Slayer, and I'm really trying my hardest to like Usagi from Sailor Moon.

Dropped: Bell Cranel and Hestia from DanMachi. Just plain awful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2020 3:20 PM

Jul 2017
Danganronpa. The cast of characters made me drop it before I could lose any more brain cells.

Jun 21, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2019
Out of the small handful of shows I've dropped, I've actually never dropped a single one due to any character or characters alone, but this question immediately summons to mind the one I know for a fact I came closest to on that very basis:

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Why?

1.) Shinji Ikari
2.) Asuka Langley

Love to pieces Rei, Gendo, and Misato, but absolutely cannot stomach the above two.
Jun 21, 2020 3:30 PM

Apr 2020
Shiro from Fate Series,because he is really naive
Jun 21, 2020 3:56 PM

Nov 2015
Dropped Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso because of Kaori Miyazono and Youjo Senki because of Tanya Degurechaff.
Jun 21, 2020 4:00 PM
Jan 2018
Taiga from toradora. I couldn’t get past episode 3 because of her
MatrahJun 21, 2020 6:42 PM
"If someone tells me that I’m destined to fight my friend, I would rather fight destiny itself" - Hatz
Jun 21, 2020 4:04 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
i dropped tokyo ghoul, dont ask why just watch by urself n u'll know what im talking about

Jun 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Dec 2019
Boruto, I don't even know if I have to point out why.
Jun 21, 2020 4:10 PM
Oct 2018
Tastuya from irregular at magic high with that bullshit exposition
Jun 21, 2020 4:20 PM

Nov 2015
Asta from Black Clover dropped the show after watching 50 episode

Jun 21, 2020 4:32 PM

Sep 2009
Black Clover (do I even have to say why? XD)
Nichijou , hated the whole show and the whole cast

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Jun 21, 2020 4:33 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah. Plenty. Most notable ones are: SAO because of K*rito after season 1 and Boke Dake ga Inai Machi because of Satoru after 6 episodes. They are awful MCs.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 21, 2020 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think I ever dropped an anime because of a certain character, but there are some of the characters made me almost drop an anime:

- Mineta from BNHA: just to be clear, I don't like perverted characters, but I do like some of them because they have other traits I like, but Mineta... it's more likely he existed for the sake of comedy (he's not funny for me though >_>). I mean I still wonder how he passed the Acceptance test of the UA.

- Rachel from ToG: well look, I haven't read the manhwa and I know she barely had screen time in the anime, but I didn't like how she treats Bam and the reason behind this treatment is much worse and it is because she got jealous of him because he was the chosen one to climb the tower and she wasn't. I don't know if she changed in the manhwa, I'm saying the things that I saw from her so far.

-Pekay- said:
Mashiro from Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo was that for me.
It's been a while since I watched it, but from what I remember all she did was cause trouble for the MC and embarass him in public. After I realized that this is who the main love interest is, I figured I won't be enjoying the ride for much longer (especially since I found myself cheering for the other girl).

^This. I honestly didn't stand Shiina's dumbness, it feels like just if she doesn't have a brain. Plus, I saw some videos on youtube about her, these videos made it feel like just if her role in the anime is to put the MC in a embarrassed moments.

removed-userJun 21, 2020 4:48 PM
Jun 21, 2020 5:24 PM

May 2009
I remember regretfully dropping Haganai because of this. I wanted to like the characters, too...but once they added a few more annoying archetypes and then started running with those archetypes rather than humanizing them... :(

Also, I want to watch Machine Doll but then every time I try I remember that Yaya is wayyy to obnoxiously forward.

The lead characters from No Game No Life are also rather jerkish, or in the case of the little sister, just very needlessly sketchy.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 21, 2020 5:34 PM

Aug 2016
Code Geass - Suzuaku This 'british cigar' was one of the most pretentious annoying sacks of shit I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. Can never be reasoned with and has to stick to this insufferable sense of justice. Blames the main character for everything that goes wrong. Just wants to criticize and never offer any solutions. He's just a whiny little bitch the entire show. Couldn't get through s2 it just gets worse and worse. Had to just 2x it and use it as background noise. AWFUL character.

Honorable mentions:

Demon Slayer - Zenitsu: I was on the verge of dropping the show. I really didn't want to continue. His 'comedic' scenes went on for way too long. His personality was on put on max setting constantly. When the show wanted him to be funny, he was more annoying or cringy (In a get off my screen kind of). Dude was constantly screaming. Almost as bad as the screeching from that one guy from Black Clover that made me never look at the series again from a single trailer. He was by the far the worst aspect of what was a very good show.When they toned him down and it wasn't so in your face (last 3 eps) he was somewhat humorous. It ultimately was worth it to push through to the end, but I do not blame anyone who drops the show after episode 10 or 11 (when he is reintroduced).

BNHA - Mineta: Don't know if he is just a victim of the dub or what. But his voice is fucking grating. He is almost NEVER funny. I think i've only chuckled at one of his scenes and it was with froppy. His power is fucking stupid and then the less he is on my screen, the better. People criticize the series for not fleshing out side characters, but some characters are better off left in the dumpster.

Bakemonogatari - Hanekawa: I never liked any of her arcs. She is annoying as fuck and I never cared about her problems. Only thing she is good for is doujinshi material.
JFujiJun 21, 2020 5:37 PM
Jun 21, 2020 5:39 PM

Jan 2019
Didn’t like Rimeru from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Still haven’t finished the show.

Taiga from Toradora was pretty unbearable. I did finish the show, but gave it a very low rating.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Jun 21, 2020 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
I had characters that I fucking despise like Zoey from Digimon Frontier but I was able to complete the season

But one girl I hated from the very beginning and it's this scum bitch... https://myanimelist.net/character/137810/Chitose_Karasuma a big insuffering character to the point I actually dropped it.

Jun 21, 2020 5:47 PM
May 2019
for me there are many

like school days
tower of good (bam)
gleipnir
hunter x hunter

so many are there
Jun 21, 2020 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
Mayuri from Steins;Gate. Not enough to drop the show, I still love S;G, but she still annoys me.

My brother actually dropped the show because of her. Said she was more like a dog than a person.
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 21, 2020 5:52 PM

Feb 2018
Asta from Black Clover. His constant screaming made my ears very sad lol.

𝖳𝗈 𝖬𝗒 𝖲𝗈𝗎𝗅
𝖩𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖥𝗈𝗅𝗄
𝟎:𝟑𝟓 ━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝟯:𝟰𝟮
⏴︎ ⏵︎

Jun 21, 2020 5:57 PM
Jan 2020
I made it to the end just to see the animation, but both of the companions on Demon slayer, I stopped watching Evangelion because of the MC.
Jun 21, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2018
Edward elric. I later picked FMAB back up and ended up liking it, but I continued hating that little whining brat
Jun 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Mar 2012
Sourire said:

Yeah...
And Tsukamoto from Days, Bell Cranel from DanMachi & Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai.
Those 4 omg..
Jun 21, 2020 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
I don't drop anime, but if I did, I would have dropped Nisekoi, Maria Holic, No Game No Life, and Maid-sama. Those shows have some of my least favorite characters ever.
Jun 21, 2020 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
Kamijou touma from index..
I really hate his stubborness..
Though i finished s1 and s2 because of cute girls lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

11 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
19 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
26 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 38 minutes ago

1 by SnipeStrike »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.