Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed. The first half was much better than the second half. After a while, the same jokes started to get old, and Katarina's character also started to be boring. I mean I can't believe she seriously didn't realize that at least one person was in love with her. This whole Sirius thing was rushed too. But it was overall a funny anime and a great idea.
Jun 20, 2020 2:51 PM

Dec 2019
Well, this anime was enjoyable overall. The anime becomes very cliche and some jokes get pretty old by each episode but I still liked it, I loved Catarina and I think she's the highlight of this show.

Jul 2016
5/10, but I still enjoyed it and I definitely will watch season 2!

Jul 2016

Jul 2016
Jun 20, 2020 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
Of course only a noble could be called Serious Dick. What a backstory! Poor Raphael, although then attacking Katarina out of jealousy (?) really makes him a dick. But the power of friendship is always there to save another life.

It was pretty notorious that Katarina had a big chest but damn, that dress really works in her favor. Now we know where all the calories she consumes go.

The veggies bouquet was hilarious as well as "The friendship ending" after everyone's confession, especially Maria's which even Katarina recognizes as part of the game. Damn it Katarina, your denseness is hopeless and everyone forgives you just because you're a cute girl.

I'm not a fan of otomes or reverse harems so at first I didn't plan to watch this show but the synopsis was fun enough to give it a try and thank God I did because I enjoyed it a lot. Still, I'm not a fan of otomes and reverse harems, the parts I enjoyed the most were the ones with the girls and I would have been happy with just Maria's confession. MARIA BEST GIRL!

Dukino said:
animejas said:
Another 1/10 for me this season, and this I would say is my least favorite of the season that I finished.

Watched this with my friend of mine and I wish it was recorded since it was like we were watching 2 different anime with our reactions. She was laughing and overjoyed, I was just sinking into my sofa just wondering how this was funny, since it got so stale very quickly for me.

The visuals weren't too bad but the jokes and the characters got really old, really fast and ultimately, just didn't end up to be my thing. I didn't regret the anime in a way because I saw it with company, but if I saw it alone, would have been an immediate drop. Just never enjoyed a second of it sadly, not even the MC.

If it was really that bad then why'd you watch it all the way through troll

SEXU
Jun 20, 2020 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
9/10. Honestly way better than it probably deserved to be. Catarina was such a great character but most hte characters were different enough to actually be memorable and interesting. Premise was also pretty unique for an isekai and executed very well. Really was a blast from to finish. Looking forward to season 2 in 2021.

Also as I've stated before, the official spelling of her name by even the Japanese side ( https://hamehura-anime.com/character/ ) is Catarina so "Katarina" needs to fixed in the Cast list and people should also stop using Katarina.
Jun 20, 2020 3:14 PM
Apr 2020
Great ending! Queen Catarina successfully "seduced" / conquered every character through her kindness. Can't wait for season 2!

Jun 20, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
nice komedy
good looking honeymation
8/10 i guess
Jun 20, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2017
Talk about a show I had little expectations for that turned out surprisingly good from start to finish. Season 2 is definitely going to be interesting to watch since Catarina has avoided her doom flags. Where it will go from here I wonder?

Jun 20, 2020 4:02 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Pretty good series.

I once come across a previous episode where the fansub group were enjoying this series so much they decided to add in their own version of fansub motion for the opening song.

OP Eng Sub: https://streamable.com/0puv6n
Jun 20, 2020 4:13 PM

Oct 2009
This was really fun and the ending wasn't bad which shows Catarina looking like a boss while avoiding her doom. Also, BOOYA!!!! for second season!!
Jun 20, 2020 4:33 PM
Jan 2017
After 12 episodes, My Next Life as a Villainess comes to an end. Katarina succeeds in avoiding her bad ending, but the real adventure, a life beyond the game's story, has just begun. This was one of the finest shows of the season and I'm glad I watched it.
Jun 20, 2020 4:39 PM
May 2015
That was a great ending. Bakarina saves the day, and saves herself from doom.

All she changed to stay alive was the addition of a possible new interest, to the chagrin of the other ones LOL But she is irresistible.

And that post-credits scene was hilarious (or not, if you are scared of snakes).
Jun 20, 2020 5:01 PM

Jan 2020
Quite enjoyed it. 7/10
Jun 20, 2020 5:07 PM

Dec 2016
That Veggie Bouquet caught me off guard! Too funny! XD
I really enjoyed this :) Will miss Bakarina and her funny moments ;) Will wait for news about the second season. 7/10

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 20, 2020 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
Katarina seemed to forget about Fortune Lover 2. lol.

I not sure where they go for here now that the gimmick is broken.

10/10. That I rarely give but it was a Funny and Enjoyment throughout with surprisingly no cringe moments.
PoisonedTeaJun 20, 2020 5:24 PM
Jun 20, 2020 5:33 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, saving Raphael was fast, I thought it would be harder and they would have to use some magic to fight him, but just some Katarina talking was more than enough.

It's funny to see how worried is Katarina with the doom flags when she vastly changed all the events and had the reverse harem for herself.

Raphael in the end totally sounded like a love declaration, in front of everyone haha.

I enjoyed this show overall, although I didn't like at all this last part.
Jun 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Aug 2018
One of the most fresh takes on isekai and romcoms in a while for sure. Really enjoyed just how cozy this anime made you feel. A lot of the otome characters depended too much on Bakarina for my taste, but it was heartwarming nevertheless. Those flashbacks really hit you like a truck(-kun) too. 8/10

About the ending tho. Did it just basically pull a

'cause that's the impression I pretty much got when she won over Raphael to her harem lol.
KusogakiRenfirJun 20, 2020 5:42 PM
Jun 20, 2020 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
This was definitely on of my favorite series that isn't a continuation like Kaguya-sama, Fruits Basket, etc. this season. I've only read the manga but I plan on reading the LNs someday when I have more time. I've been into a otome isekai genres lately. There's a Korean webtoon/manhwa which I hope will get an adaptation but I doubt it since it needs to be popular in Japan to get one.

I do think some of the filler episodes in the Anime adaptation were kind of boring and just dragged the series but I'm glad they adapted mostly everything correctly. I'm also glad this series is getting a second season.

8/10 for me.
臭い-
Jun 20, 2020 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
Raphael's backstory is more extreme than I imagined. Especially from a show like this. I really like Katarina's speech to him.

Veggie bouquet was hilarious and very Katarina.

I'm really excited that we will be getting a season 2 of this. It was way more enjoyable than I expected.
Jun 20, 2020 7:38 PM
Jun 2013
animejas said:
Another 1/10 for me this season, and this I would say is my least favorite of the season that I finished.

Watched this with my friend of mine and I wish it was recorded since it was like we were watching 2 different anime with our reactions. She was laughing and overjoyed, I was just sinking into my sofa just wondering how this was funny, since it got so stale very quickly for me.

The visuals weren't too bad but the jokes and the characters got really old, really fast and ultimately, just didn't end up to be my thing. I didn't regret the anime in a way because I saw it with company, but if I saw it alone, would have been an immediate drop. Just never enjoyed a second of it sadly, not even the MC.

you had me for 1 minute until i saw the mess that it's your list and scores, hard to take you seriously at all after that kkkk
Jun 20, 2020 7:39 PM
Dec 2009
so that Kaichou is actually a corrupted Wisdom King Raphael?
Prettty cliche ending, I thing they could make it better with more episode. in the end this Raphael arc end just like the other arc. the "ah, Katarina care about me. now, I falll in love with her. I'm saved" justsu. And just when I thought Katarina would finally confirmed the game route, it end with 'friendship' end. I don't think it will be any better (no need for 2nd season), I just hope it end with multiple couple and everybody happy just like regular shoujo anime/manga. and where did that sakura petal come from? well, who watch this series for plot anyway. this series is just for fun, watching Bakarina doing Bakarina thing. and being loved by everyone. and more importantly we have Mary and other gae route.

with this simple story I think Silver Link. is the biggest jump for enjoyment, with VA and art. soundtrack is pretty standard, but the Opening is what makes me fall for this .
Jun 20, 2020 7:58 PM
Dec 2015
The ending is fine and all, but there is something I don´t get. What it has to do Katarina with (SPOILERS) Rafael? Where his hate of her came from?

He said he wanted to take revenge against the woman who killed his mother by destroying everything she loved, but I don´t see where is the conection between the marquise and Katarina, do they even knew each other? The only thing I could find is the fact that something happend 8 years ago, one "revived" her child by a macabre ritual, and the other got her memories back from the real world and realise she could screw up if she doesn´t stop the protagonist for falling in love with someone.

But there is nothing telling one had to do with the other.
Is like saying your grandparent died because someone in Germany didn´t feed his dog that day, there is no correlation.

Maybe someone would say is because "Kat" reminds him of his deseaced mother and hates it, but I find that reasoning kinda weak.

Unless is something there are gonna explain in the second season I still don´t see the logic here. It feels more like they needed a last minute villain for the climax of the series.
Jun 20, 2020 9:33 PM

Aug 2019
there we have, the ending to a very unique and incredibly well done anime.
The premise of the anime is very basic yet unique, something i haven't seen many if at all any animes try to approach. It follows the basic Isekai to harem genre, however the biggest twist that makes this anime stand out, is the main character gets isekaid into the antagonist of the new world she lives in. This simple twist is able to open so many new doors to the story, especially when the mc realises what situation she's in and trys her ever loving heart out to save her ass from doom, but from doing this she actually unknowingly gave all the characters probably the happiest ending/outcome they could ask for.
Ok, this next part might sound cheesy, but another reason i love this anime was because of how Katarina approached the characters differently, the knowing fact on our end that this sadly isn't the cannon ending (in the original game) as in the original, the characters are almost complete opposites to what we see in the anime e.g. Prince Gerlad being the sadistic "dark prince" or Keith being the absolute playboy and Katarina herself was made to literally make the protagonist's (Maria) life a living hell. But because of this 180 degree outcome, Katarina's positive and more heartfelt character, she's able to implement herself as a "ray of hope" in some cases to other characters and quite literally help herself and others. I mean, heck intentional or not, from her happiness she radiated she also affected characters that aren't even from the main cast. Maid Anne "alter" story is probably one of the best due to the results of Katarina's change of heart. Really it just shows how a little bit of kindness can reach the hearts of many and have a bigger impact then you think. And i guess the added bonus was the big happy harem we got for all the characters. still fucking stand Maria x Katarina don't even @ me.
Also, a bit of personal preference here, but i absolutely adore the opening and just music for this anime. IDK why but the opening theme for this anime absolutely fucking SLAPS.
Weirdly as it is, the ending of this anime still got me super happy. Although it had a very predictable ending
either way, the amount of joy and happiness this anime managed to give me was enough to leave me satisfied with the ending result regardless.
One minor complaint, the conclusion of Sirius Dieke felt a bit unsatisfying. We were told his background stroy, his goals and then got hit with the twist which was all well and good, but the final scene of Katarina helping him overcome the guy in the darkness was a bit...eh didn't really feel like it delivered well for the hype.
I'm also a bit worried where season 2 will lead, as this anime was mainly based on the "Fortunate Lovers" game and the real magic i guess of this anime was Katarina's knowledge of most events and seeing a different or more positive outcome, so really without a stable lead i'm both worried/curious to see what season 2 will deliver, cus now Katarina and us won't actually know what happens. But SilverLink seem to know what they are doing, so i'm probably overreacting.
PSA: Season 2 has been officially announced!
Jun 20, 2020 9:59 PM
Oct 2012
There were times that I thought the series was going to follow a more serious tone (i.e., when she got lost underground or the overall plot of ep 11 and 12), but maybe I have to accept that this series should be taken lightly and simply enjoy it for what it is. Interestingly, this was one of the only three series I watched as soon as the episodes came out. So it got me hooked.

I still have many questions about the series... but hopefully they will be answered on season 2. So happy to hear that it has been green lit.
Jun 20, 2020 10:44 PM

Feb 2014
Aaaand that's another one added to Katarina's harem. Welcome aboard, Raphael. XD

This last episode wrapped things up pretty nicely. Sirius's actual name was Raphael and his backstory to how he acquired the dark magic was rather sad and dark as well. Having his own mother die from being stabbed in front of him for the sake of another women who wanted her own son back by any means necessary was brutal. =(

Despite that, Katarina took this into her stride and was able to help Raphael to conquer the dark magic within him for good. He might've left school, but he was able to get justice as the mother of Sirius was finally arrested for her crimes. Good. =)

As for the graduation party, that went by without any hassle. Katarina was able to avoid any doom flags and got the "friendship" ending, which makes me happy and sad at the same time (Katarina and Mary ending when? XD).

Overall, this series was very fun. All of the main and supporting cast was enjoyable and entertaining, as was the comedy and the character developments that we had. Good job on Silver Link for the solid production values as well.

8/10 is my final score and I look forward to the upcoming second season. =D
Jun 20, 2020 11:52 PM

Apr 2013
Only thing keeping it from being perfect is the male characters.
Jun 20, 2020 11:52 PM

Feb 2015
Ok, can someone please explain to me what is the connection between Catarina and Rafael? Because I don't see any... Did I miss something? The whole drama about Rafael wanting to get revenge has nothing to do with Catarina, and he tried to hurt her while doing nothing to Sirius's mother. Right now this feels really stupid to me and like, bad writing.
Jun 21, 2020 12:49 AM
Mar 2020
Friendship ending. Ah yes. Suuuuuure.
Jun 21, 2020 1:07 AM

Jul 2016
Eight people confessing they want to stay by her side forever yet Katarina never realized she was the one who reached the harem ending xD

Quite decent final episode. Raphael's past was truly fucked up and as I expected, his mother was used as sacrifice to gain dark magic but the thing I don't get is why he gained said magic if he wasn't the vessel to begin with. I guess that other dude's vengeful spirit simply possessed him and that's it... would have wished for something more complex like him developing a personality disorder but maybe I'm asking too much for such "standard" show.
Anyways, in the end I'm glad Katarina managed to help him to overcome that dark entity. Obviously, such action would inevitably make him another victim of her harem but I guess it's better this way than having him wandering around while struggling with such mixed emotions.

Overall, this was a rather lovely series. Personally, my surprise of the season since I never felt bored while watching it and its episodes were, alongside Kaguya's, the ones I looked forward the most every week. Seriously, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it this much.
Seeing Katarina bonding with each character through her kindness was truly beautiful and the way how her obliviousness was portrayed as an endearing trait instead of something exasperating was very well executed. Truth be told, sometimes I wished she were more aware of the advances of her pretenders but hopefully, second season will have a more serious approach regarding the romance aspect.

7/10 - So now is when Katarina's "own" story begins, uh? Man, season 2 couldn't come sooner.
Jun 21, 2020 1:09 AM
Nov 2018
This episode seemed a bit rushed and while it was funny at first, Caterina being this oblivious and ignorant is starting to get annoying. Maria straight up told her she was in love with her and she still didn't get it. I hope she ends up with someone but I can see how the author would drag this on because choosing someone would make the other shippers annoyed. I personally feel like Maria is the best choice and the other females being 2nd with Alan being 3rd. One thing this show doesn't do is give us hints as to who is closer to Caterina and has a bigger connection so it's hard to predict who she'll end with.
Jun 21, 2020 1:09 AM

Oct 2017
The show was really enjoyable and I'm happy to have watched it. But oh lord I couldn't help but just start laughing really hard when Sirius' backstory came up, it felt so out of place and so disjointed from the anime's tone that it had my sides hurting.
Jun 21, 2020 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
I like the parallels between Katarina and the final "route". While Katarina got isekai'd and became one with her new identity and lived a very happy life, Raphael completely rejected the memories that were forced upon him and lived a fake life while secretly plotting revenge against the ones that hurt him and his real mother.

I ended up really looking forward to this each week. It was a very pleasant slice of life isekai, although it was frustrating how it took Katarina until the very end to see that her actions changed everyone's lives for the better so her main doom flags were gone for a long time.

Also lol that she ended up selling her fake snakes as toys
Jun 21, 2020 1:31 AM

Mar 2014
I think I could be the only person who find this anime painfully boring, and I thought once this finish I could be done with it but NOOO..... it still continues

Well I can be sure not to watch it !!!
Jun 21, 2020 1:37 AM

May 2013
I really enjoyed the first half the 2nd half was also decent but not as great as the first half overall 8/10

Jun 21, 2020 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was good. Final episode took itself too seriously. 7/10
Jun 21, 2020 3:09 AM

Nov 2016
Friendship route means she doesn't die in the end
Jun 21, 2020 3:40 AM

Sep 2015
Shirase-san said:
Now she got 7 people confessing to her at once and nothing came of it xD

Can't wait to see Bakarina and the rest next year in season 2!!

It amazed me to see Katarina's harem grow even when the anime was nearing the end!! XD

Btw, I saw this exact comment in the gogoanime comment thread posted by Anon. Was that you by any chance??
Jun 21, 2020 3:48 AM

Sep 2016
The beginning of the anime was so great and fun and then mid way it fell off and got a little boring. It was still pleasant to watch.
Jun 21, 2020 3:58 AM

Sep 2015
Cthu_ko said:
The beginning of the anime was so great and fun and then mid way it fell off and got a little boring. It was still pleasant to watch.

I agree. Felt the same way when I was watching too
Jun 21, 2020 4:55 AM

Feb 2019
What a fun ride it has been!

Certainly a surprise. I almost didn't watch it, but the premise did pique my interest.

The first half certainly took a dark turn. I wasn't expecting something as dark as murdering a woman, a mother at that too. I'm so sad for Raphael... looks like his mother was a very kind person who was basically raped by the nobility. In a way, Raphael and Anne were in the same position. That dark magic certainly twisted his memories, turning his mother's love-filled hope for him to live a happy life into something as twisted as live to seek revenge.

How did Catarina get his name though?

But of course, it's not done. There's one more event before all the doom comes to an end. Totally called it that Maria would confess to Catarina, although I was expecting Maria to do the same thing she did in the game but with Catarina i.e. actively sneaking out and asking Catarina to go outside.

And with that, Catarina's harem is complete! She's added yet another, Raphael, into it.

Great that a second season has been announced. With all the doom flags cleared, now we're headed towards uncharted (for Catarina) territory! Wasn't expecting all the doom flags to be cleared in one season to be honest, but it was a fun ride. Can't decide yet between 7 or 8 for this series...
Jun 21, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2008
EckhartPilgrim said:
Ok, can someone please explain to me what is the connection between Catarina and Rafael? Because I don't see any... Did I miss something?

It's just that Catarina reminded him of his real mother.
That's it.

| Icon by parijienne @ LJ. | My Member Cards |

My Candies :
Jun 21, 2020 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
A cute ending for a lovely series. I wasn't expecting anything when I picked up this show but ended up loving it each episode.

Season 2 has been confirmed next year which will be another season to look forward to with Bakarina and her harem.
Jun 21, 2020 6:10 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed the final episode. Bakarina is so dense up to the end. ^^

a little sad Raphael was not able to graduate, but he did get his life on the right path again, so I guess it's good.

looking forward to season 2. :)

8/10
Jun 21, 2020 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
This girl, through shear ignorance and a desire to avoid death and with the power of male protagonist level density, has built an amazing harem, and one that transcends sex. This anime was great and I'm looking forward to season 2.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 21, 2020 7:09 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Ending the series with a second season announcement, just like Bofuri.

Silver Link's gonna be real busy. Good job, guys. You're on the right track.
Jun 21, 2020 7:39 AM

Oct 2007
did not know this is another Silver Link anime. Nice, they're getting good.
Jun 21, 2020 8:56 AM

Feb 2010
Enjoyable experience overall 6/10

i kinda want to follow the next season but i think i can't handle another random filler episodes and oblivious katarina, it's boring.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 21, 2020 10:15 AM
Jun 2016
Man the first part was pretty dark but all ends well. I really enjoyed this so much. Comedy and romance was on point without being too sticky sweet. 8/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.