Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 19, 2021 9:46 PM
Mar 2019
I really enjoyed this it reminded me of middle school which doesn't happen a lot for me whenever I watch Anime revolving teens/ pre teens. even tho I don't watch these type of animes.

Muge, yup there was a girl like that in middle school the girl with lots of energy that's kinda weird.
I'm pretty sure I would of had a crush on a girl like that. Then it reminded me why being a teenager sucked

When Muge jumps off the bridge and lands on her feet.I was like this kid is crazy! and in real life her legs would be broken.

The third act was typical. you know how it's going to end.
Nov 21, 2021 4:04 AM

Aug 2021
It could have been one of the other dramatic works but... why put funny music in the scene where his mother seriously argues with the mistress?
Nov 27, 2021 4:26 PM

May 2017
Good animation, great OST, weak story and characters. Ehh it was alright I suppose, but it had a lot more potential. They ruined a few scenes too, like the one where the stepmom and Miyo's absolute bitch of a mother confront each other. It could have been a great scene, but instead they play this goofy music over it and end it as soon as it was getting good. Miyo's stepmother was one of the few characters I liked too, so it was disappointing how we didn't see much of her.

5/10
Dec 1, 2021 10:30 PM

May 2019
The art and animation was well done but this just didn't vibe with me.

Muge's intensity for Hinode was WAY too extra for someone her age. The romance was pushed too strongly when they could have toned it down a lot. I hated when Hinode got cat arms, they looked awful.

I really should read descriptions, I thought it was about cats doing cat things.
Dec 4, 2021 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Rather disappointing score I'd say. 7.35 currently. IMO deserved more.
This had Ghibli spirited away vibes. I think people expected more seriousness though... and I mean Madoka-type of traumatic consequences kind of seriousness.

I honestly feared a sad ending after reaching the middle, but was glad it ended with a definitive good one.
Dec 14, 2021 4:44 AM

Feb 2015
Makes me very sad to think of Kinako's lifespan... T_T
Dec 25, 2021 5:06 AM
Mar 2019
I really like the premise and think it has great potential.
Too bad they ruined it with the character of Muge. Most annoying character in a romance i have ever seen. Behaving like a asshole to her whole family and blaming it on their selfishness while everyone is nice to her. Behaving like the biggest creepy fanatic stalker to a guy she never had contact with outside her catform. No reason to even be in love with him.

I hate this movie.
Jan 29, 2022 10:42 AM

Sep 2020
Horrible movie with awful characters 2/10
Jan 31, 2022 5:22 PM
Nov 2014
I could not like this movie because I hated Muge, I just hate pushy and desperate people. Was there anything in her brain except for simping? And why did he suddenly like her? He should be relieved when she went missing and hope that she will never come back lol
Feb 12, 2022 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
There was obviously something missing in the story but I really enjoyed it very well!!
Feb 25, 2022 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, I regret not watching this anime sooner. Well, I would have regret watching this anime sooner because the feeling would no longer be new.

Japanese culture is so cool
Mar 6, 2022 8:51 PM

Jul 2021
lmao this girl is just a fucking stalker i can't stop laughing but at the same i do feel bad about her backstory and her transformation into a cat was truly something. 7/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 7, 2022 10:51 AM
Nov 2021
Woah this movie got some pretty good animations.. I couldn't enjoy this movie much coz the mc girl is very annoying.. I think I'm not the only one who think so... She is really acting like a stalker.. I wonder how the boy liked her back lol.. Overall a 6/10 movie for me
Apr 30, 2022 12:00 AM
Aug 2021
Wow, what a ride! That was amazing!

8/10

I really enjoyed the whole time watching it and the Ending Theme is pleasant.
StaciasApr 30, 2022 12:04 AM
May 30, 2022 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
I love it so much. I also cried quite a bit while watching it. The story just resonates with me so much, I can relate to it a lot. The main girl, Muge, is very relatable to me, just the way she acts in general, and what happens to her throughout the story. I could see myself in her. The message was great – how Muge wants to run away because she feels that no one cares for her, and only wants Hinode, but actually a lot of people do care for her, even Hinode. Not to mention, the theme is cats, and I LOVE cats. They mean so much to me, so it was more than amazing to see so many cats in the movie. This movie is definitely one of my favorite movies ever, right next to “A Silent Voice”.
Aug 17, 2022 3:21 PM
Feb 2021
this is the only anime e v e r that i couldn`t finish watching. 10yo story. don`t watch this, thank me later.
Sep 10, 2022 2:43 PM
Jan 2021
chorei bastante.
Nov 8, 2022 2:52 PM
Nov 2022
Very cute. Relatable and good at showing how both sides feel
Nov 10, 2022 8:35 AM

Dec 2018
story got really stupid at the end, but a lot of the movie was really good. i do kinda get the same connotation about the "afterlife", but i don't think it changes the story much. it was cute, even if the story was silly.
Jan 1, 2023 8:35 AM

Dec 2021
Imagine watching an anime as visually stunning as this, and the only thing you can take away from it is "Wow that was mid". That right there, is me. This movie was horrifically boring, and if it weren't for how good the production quality is, I would have rated it lower than a six. Not offensively bad, but just a snoozer of a movie.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jan 26, 2023 2:30 AM

Nov 2012
Zhongli's VA sure gets into a lot of Netflix dubs, just watched Bubble with him, and he returns again as the mask seller. His is defo a voice I recognise straight away having used Zhongli so much in Genshin haha
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 28, 2023 3:31 AM

Apr 2015
Adorable but childish, much more so than most of its peers

The school scenes were way to short and/or one-dimensional(as in, there was very little happening besides Miyo heaping love onto Hinode). We aren't shown nearly enough of the main couple, and most if not all evidence of Hinode enjoying Miyo's presence or liking her is presented in speech instead of shown. This severely dilutes the relationship of the couple... I get that attraction doesn't necessarily stem from explicit reasons/catalysts, but at least we the viewers should get used to them being together to be emotionally invested in them in a sufficient degree.

Instead we are presented with some basic family conflicts from both sides which were really fucking weak and dull to me. The conflicts contribute very little to the actually important relationship between the two, and only serve purpose as background devices for the main characters' psychological state - then why do they warrant 30 minutes in the middle of a film supposed to be about the main couple?

Having said all that it was still really cute throughout, which is basically all what I was looking for watching this particular film so job done I guess.

Lastly Miyo's VA is apparently a general actor not a seiyuu, I saw that working well in other instances but in this case she was awful, bothered me the whole time
Mar 27, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 2022
REALLY BEAUTIFUL MOVIE
May 28, 2023 4:20 AM

Oct 2020
I saw the dub with my mom on Netflix and it was a lot less cheesy than I was expecting 
The English dub voice actors showed a surprising amount of depth and the story was wholesome 

Parts of the film reminded me of Whisper of the Heart in the best way possible and the titular characters got a lot of development and felt fully fleshed out by the end 
May 29, 2023 6:33 PM
May 2023
I kinda think the ending was pretty meh, the "happily ever after" and "plot armour" cliches really frustrate me...
Can't complain much about a cute family anime movie though, for its audience it's kind of understandable(?)
Jun 11, 2023 2:43 AM
Dec 2021
I have recently watched this anime movie. I just wanna say that this is a masterpiece.
Aug 2, 2023 3:55 AM
Jan 2022
was a pretty good anime....i liked it
Aug 19, 2023 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
I'll admit, the first few minutes were jarring and I wasn't too sure about this. When Miyo did her first "Hinode Sunrise", even I was thinking what on Earth was up with this girl. She seemed obnoxious & all over the place. But that's what led to the charm of how she ended up growing on me. Rather than living up to the caricature of an ideal heroine, her awkwardness gave her organic dimensions as a (somewhat) regular middle school girl. Her adventure of dealing with both the sense of isolation at home as well as the fantastical escapism of her first love ended up being quite endearing.

All in all, I'd say it was pretty good. Personally the first half of the film felt stronger as the last ~30 mins started to get a bit sappy & stereotypical. My favorite part of this was those moments where Miyo would take human form in her mind as Kento embraced her as Taro. It was really moving to see just how earnest her feelings were for him, which is why the letter scene really hurt that much more.

I'm not really much of a cat person (allergic to them), but this won me over a bit. Not gonna lie, that mask seller was really creepy and I'll probably have nightmares of him (though I couldn't help but laugh since he always seemed to be having fun).

7.5/10
Aug 26, 2023 12:43 AM
Aug 2023
Beautiful movie that I watched while having a rough patch before ending my previous relationship, I rewatched it 5 times the same night
Sep 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Jan 2021
i love it, i recommend it
Oct 2, 2023 6:23 PM

May 2016
why is there a "award winning" tag for a 7/10 show lol
Dec 18, 2023 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
I only watched the first half of the movie... but I need to throw my bile. Maybe I'll erase this later IDK

Duh he doesn't like you Muge you're a stalker, and it's even more creepy when you know what she's doing as a cat.
And saying others are egoists when she's the bigger one, only thinking about her one sided love... she literally see everyone else as scarecrows ???!

UUUUURGH I HATE THESE TEENAGE ROMANCES it's so cringe.

Edit : so yeah the supernatural 2nd part is more entertaining... still meh though. Also it feels... rushed even if the movie is 1h45 ? the first part was way too long / slow.
TitadouDec 18, 2023 12:42 PM
Jan 4, 4:12 PM
Dec 2023
goooooooooooooood
Jan 6, 4:11 PM
Oct 2023
not good storyline at all, this movie is the worst
Jan 14, 10:52 PM
Jan 2024
This movie shows that how teens really feel about their surroundings. The movie was visually stunning and had awesome OSTs . The movie itself gave me a smell of summer vibes. I am gonna rewatch it in next summer. I really Liked the movie.
Feb 10, 2:23 PM
Apr 2021
ça devient chiant au milieu du film mais le début et le fin sont incroyables
Mar 2, 3:47 PM

Feb 2019
The Mask Seller can go f@k himself. There I said it.
downymaidenMar 2, 3:50 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » should i watch?

mrjdko - May 7, 2022

37 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:59 AM

» How's the romance?

DhoX - Mar 19, 2021

16 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:58 AM

» Who is that brown tabby cat?

Karren_ - Jun 18, 2020

14 by Animecatlover101 »»
Oct 27, 2023 7:57 PM

» About mask seller.....

YagamiYash - Jul 25, 2021

5 by mo_lave »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:04 PM

» Why is this listed as an ONA?

Junelovesanime - Nov 6, 2021

7 by EmmanuelPlath »»
Nov 21, 2021 4:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.