Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2020 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
My life back in my original world flashed before my mind… My life? I don’t have a life from what I can recall.

I have been reading since young, starting with drawing books. After reading so much, my vision naturally turned poor, but not to the extent of needing glasses. However, it results in a glare in my eyes. The classroom floor suddenly starts to glow, with interlocking rings and mysterious words and symbols shining through… It’s a magic circle! Oh… This is it, right? This orthodox and cliche development, it has to be it. I will be surprised if this is a geometry question set by the teachers!

As I thought about all that, my body started to move. The back door won’t budge even if I kick it. I took a chair and fling it at the window, but it didn’t even leave a scratch. Okay, this development is what I expected so far. I jump onto the cabinet at the back of the classroom, then leap onto the taller cleaning closet. It’s not prominent, but right above it is a hatch to inspect the ceiling. I stood up to push the hatch up and open. Good, I can climb above the ceiling now, I did it!

The glow from the magic circle intensifies, and the entire room turns white. I crawl deeper in to get away from the magic circle. Really now~ you are going with the transported to a different world plot? It’s all the rage in light novels, anime and manga, don’t pull that shit into reality. Why don’t you transport the entire Japan to a different world? And so, I moved slowly along the ceiling and should be safe now…

It's time isekai

This place is completely white, so don’t tell me this is a world of Sword and Sorcery. Will this be a SciFi galactic war or the near future? I hope it’s not a spiritual world like horror films. But there’s already a magic circle, so a SciFi theme will be out of place. So magic will be involved after all? I-It can’t be!? If someone says the overused cliche line, it will definitely become an embarrassing dark history. will be too embarrassing to say. Or is the magic circle meant to mislead me, and it’s actually geometry… What kind of world is that, a world of mathematics? I don’t want to be transported to a world like that! If the first boss is prime factorization, I don’t think I can win.

Students have different statuses, I cannot explain in detail because it will be very long, Day after day passed against monsters like gobin has become a natural thing, raising the level is the top priority. Taking skills and upgrading useful skills will be very helpful.

I hope the next volume will be more interesting, I am interested in Haruka's status
Jul 13, 2020 7:01 PM

Feb 2016
Another take at a MC isekai-ing without any cheats.

As the main focus in the 1st volume are the MC and his classmates there isn't much world-building and only a few characters from the new world are introduced.

The one thing I really liked about this is the monologuing. Too many references to 2ch memes. Haruka thinks memes. Well he was technically alone half of the volume.
Even though Haruka acts like that he isn't naive.

This isn't a series that anyone looking for serious isekai development would prefer but I really liked the comedy and easy going nature of this one.
Now that the drama between the classmates is over, the second volume will probably focus on the new world more
Dec 9, 2023 6:39 AM
Jul 2013
I really like the idea behind this. It is by far one of the better Fantasy/isekai Light Novels I read. But honestly, you could cut each novel by half, if you remove all the filler text. Now and then it is fun, but permanently just reading filler text is very annoying. It doesn't get better in the 2nd LN. It is like, you read 20 pages of nothing-happens, until finally 3 pages of something-happens appear. I actually liked the interludes even more than the MC's chapters at one point. Because during the interludes, actually, they tell the story properly and come to a point, even when nothing much happens. While the MC chapters don't tell story, but only complain about everything, giving his opinion. It is like you are watching an awesome movie and there is that one friend, who comments every scene and talks them bad, making fun of them and. That's how the MC's chapters felt like to me, lol.

Sometimes it is really a pain to read this. Everything so unnecessarily stretched. If the main idea wasn't good, I would have dropped this to be honest.

And I don't get the starter post of this discussion. Isn't this just an introduction to the Lightnovel? lol

And about the comment "Another take at a MC isekai-ing without any cheats." - Just because the lightnovel tried to convince you of the skills not being cheat, it doesn't mean they are really no cheats. It was already a cheat when he got all skills at once from the beginning. Sure, finding out how everything works takes a bit at first. But labling them as non-cheats makes no sense. And as it was told by the old man at the start, all skills made its way to the list, because people with these skills were able to achieve big. Also, during the story, it will get very clear, that the useless-assumed skills actually have lots of effects, which the MC just had to find out. And in combination they are a big cheat.

Also, it seems like you can randomly just learn skills in the fantasy world, too. That's kinda also overpowered in itself.
some1uused2knowDec 9, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.