Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This definitely has the feel a penultimate episode. We got King of the Earless and the world is in danger.

One thing I did kinda like how about the episode is how they're making all the relevant characters like Roz get some spotlight. The world is at stake after all. Pretty intense episode.
Jun 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
Pacing and everything still feels off, but I appreciate that all of the characters we’ve had one off episodes with have come back into the fray and are now relevant again. Particularly Billin and her friend who I thought were way too rushed back in the first part of the series.

Looks like Echo has undergone a transformation and I’m thinking we’re going to have a pretty emotional conclusion to the series next week. Mu’s earless design is also very... intimidating
Jun 12, 2020 11:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The anime is becoming totally crazy in a weird way, I don't really understand what's happening everything is exploding xD
I guess they will save Mu for the finale.
Jun 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Nov 2018
I don't know if I quite understand what all is going on but I do like that a lot of the characters from the previous episodes came back in this episode. I do want to see what does happen next week with Mu though which should at least be interesting to see.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 12, 2020 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is coming back in order to save Mu, how cute and cool.

Wonder how Echo vs Mu is going to go honestly.
Jun 12, 2020 3:46 PM

Sep 2007
Seems a promising set up for a last episode.
I hope at least these last two episodes may salvage this anime a bit.
Jun 12, 2020 6:07 PM

Sep 2017
Did they ever explain the mechanics behind being a player because seemingly any jackass can drill a hole in their back and become one.
Jun 12, 2020 11:13 PM
Jan 2017
Well, this episode moved a bit too quickly for me. Listeners has done a lousy job at balancing fast-paced mecha action with mystery box storytelling and I can't just wait for this show to end.
Jun 13, 2020 1:32 AM

Jul 2017
The ravage of the Listeners, and the entirety of the side characters getting some screentime (as part of salvage efforts of the show's remains?) to help in the effort.

A revolution as part of the "Resurrection", everyone (even Gnome princess Roz and Denka) is doing their part to keep the Earles away from human contact and stop Mu in a do-or-die moment. Guess all the foreshadowing leads to this moment, and dropping the leftovers without any explanation.

The penultimate episode and the feelings draws near, the only thing now is to eradicate Mu's dark consciousness AT ANY EFFORT AND COST. Players and Equipment vs. Listeners.

The finale...with Echo confronting Mu, how will that turn out?
Jun 13, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
Lol where the fuck is Echo's grand entrance? His entrance was as normal as it could get.
Jun 13, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2018
So all them player came in and united to fight Mu.....
Jun 14, 2020 2:53 AM

Dec 2018
This show keeps impressing me with its endless references, colorful characters, and lively aesthetics.

A couple things went as I had predicted by following the songs and bands name-dropping from previous episodes, but plenty of others turned out to be delightful misdirections that made me appreciate the writing even more.

Most plot threads have been neatly tied up, and the story has reached its natural climax. Now is the time for the boy to meet the girl and find a new way forward, preferably together.

Boy, I really, REALLY like this show. By far and away the season's biggest surprise for me.

If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Jun 15, 2020 1:13 PM

Dec 2016
jimfaindel said:
This show keeps impressing me with its endless references, colorful characters, and lively aesthetics.

A couple things went as I had predicted by following the songs and bands name-dropping from previous episodes, but plenty of others turned out to be delightful misdirections that made me appreciate the writing even more.

Most plot threads have been neatly tied up, and the story has reached its natural climax. Now is the time for the boy to meet the girl and find a new way forward, preferably together.

Boy, I really, REALLY like this show. By far and away the season's biggest surprise for me.

And I appreciate all your comments and positivity especially when you explain references to real life songs and bands. :)

Like I personally can recognize references only to The Prince, Nirvana (with Nir) and The Wal. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 16, 2020 4:17 AM

Jul 2016
HeroVladimir93 said:
Well, this episode moved a bit too quickly for me. Listeners has done a lousy job at balancing fast-paced mecha action with mystery box storytelling and I can't just wait for this show to end.

It started so well but has become a hot mess really. Just watching now to see the conclusion.,
Jun 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed this episode it feels like the anime started out bad and is ending really well. Like a magic trick. Echo and Mu not hogging the spotlight really made the anime better, the other characters seem to be more mature and I guess thats what I like to see.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2017
was pretty nice seeing all the cast coming together to stop omega mu. Was kinda hoping Echo would have a more grand entrance but oh wellz
Jun 21, 2020 6:10 PM

Oct 2008
bwahahah! grand entrance turned into a normal lame entrance! lolz
4/5

Jun 23, 2020 2:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally Echo came to kissed Mu. Its about time, goddamned it!

Shit. The way Denka appeared its the way i almost skipped the whole episode. Fortunately, Roz sounds made me believed to continued till the end. Poor her and her miserable soundings. Dont worry, because our hero, Echo's, coming to shut that shit lord. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 12, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2019
So... are the earless good or bad? I feel like the fact that I still don't know is a problem.
May 29, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2020
What am I watching? I feel like this show has just become a confusing, badly-paced mess with mediocre characters. The only things carrying it are the constant references. Too bad because I thought it was such a cool concept in the beginning and I loved Echo's and Mu's character designs. :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Listeners Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

57 by BiobulletM »»
Oct 19, 2022 11:44 AM

» Why Do People Dislike This Show And Why Is The Overall User Score A 5.68?

Hunterconnor - May 25, 2020

19 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 23, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Listeners Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

86 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 21, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Listeners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Apr 3, 2020

149 by trustmuse »»
Apr 14, 2021 5:38 PM

Poll: » Listeners Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

22 by nyanbinary »»
Dec 28, 2020 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.