Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 11, 2020 5:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
From July 8th.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1271057139415441408

Key Visual:

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1271062132398800897

Promotional Video YT link:

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1271057643176464390

Second cour from Jan 2021:

https://twitter.com/Rezero_official/status/1271058024115785728

Additional Cast:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1271065109217939456

Good amount of info out, it was definitely worth the wait. PV being nearly 3 minutes and giving us a spoonful of the Op is a really bright idea, if you ask me.

Key Visual looks like a banger too.

Split-cour, I imagine there'll be mixed reception to this but I seriously couldn't care less. Winter 2021 will just become better, simple as that.
_MushiRock11_Jun 11, 2020 6:04 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 11, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2015
Hmm I wonder What event the first cour will ended. And ofc the second cour will be the best
Jun 11, 2020 5:45 AM

Jul 2017
The Season 2 PV, full rundown of the stream:

KANLen09Jun 11, 2020 6:04 AM
Jun 11, 2020 5:53 AM

Jan 2020
Well at least it was not postponed again . And probably we will see more split cour show in the future since the condition isn't perfect yet in Japan
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jun 11, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
the PV looks really good and has lots of content. The op sounds great too! Looking forward to season 2.

Watanabe is director again! That's great news to me!
MxxxstationJun 11, 2020 7:03 AM
Jun 11, 2020 6:03 AM

Mar 2018
I can't tell you how hyped I am for Season 2 and return of Re:Zero, especially with a PV like that!
The song sounds already great. Give!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jun 11, 2020 6:07 AM
Apr 2014
Well with the production problems, split-cour is a good solution.
Jun 11, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
So This means that both Arc IV and Arc V will be animated and judging from what was shown, the first episode is going to be such a huge cluster bomb for anime onlies.

I can't wait :) this is going to be great.
Jun 11, 2020 6:16 AM

Sep 2017
wow finally they drop the bomb, the PV and OP are great

split cour is fine tho

and oh hell yes Maaya Sakamoto as Echidna
Jun 11, 2020 6:20 AM
Mar 2019
Honestly don't mind with the split cour, so long as it has the same quality as season 1

Being an anime only, I am extremely excited for this to be released
Jun 11, 2020 6:25 AM

May 2013
Small correction, second cour will supposedly air from January 2021.

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1271058112795914242?s=21

edit : My mistake, I misunderstood what Winter 2021 means.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 11, 2020 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
So This means that both Arc IV and Arc V will be animated and judging from what was shown, the first episode is going to be such a huge cluster bomb for anime onlies.

Man arc 4 as only 1 cour ( 12 episode-ish) is really going to be a bad adaptation.
Jun 11, 2020 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
From what was shown it'll be Arc 4 in the two courses.
The PV only shown content of the first half of Arc 4.
Jun 11, 2020 6:40 AM

Dec 2018
It’s a shame that it’s going to be split but if it’s needed to preserve the quality then I’m all for it. The PV also looks very exciting.
Jun 11, 2020 7:03 AM

Aug 2017
OH RIP, BAD NEWS.

So sad!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 11, 2020 8:45 AM
Sep 2018
Nurguburu said:
OH RIP, BAD NEWS.

So sad!!
How is this bad news
Jun 11, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2017
AbdFmL said:
Nurguburu said:
OH RIP, BAD NEWS.

So sad!!
How is this bad news
AbdFmL said:
Nurguburu said:
OH RIP, BAD NEWS.

So sad!!
How is this bad news

I dislike split cours a LOT.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 11, 2020 9:32 AM

Jan 2019
-ShadowClaw- said:

Its impossible for them to animate the Arc 4 in just 12 ep lmao, maybe you are mistaking....they are doing the split cour because of the corona thing so it wont intervene in the production quality and i don't think Arc 5 has something to do with this situation.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 11, 2020 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
Emillian said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Its impossible for them to animate the Arc 4 in just 12 ep lmao, maybe you are mistaking....they are doing the split cour because of the corona thing so it wont intervene in the production quality and i don't think Arc 5 has something to do with this situation.

As far as i am aware, Arc IV was drastically reduced from the same amount of content it had in the wn to the ln. The First Season adapted the first 3 arcs up to volume 9, Arc IV is up to volume 15 which is 7 volumes and Arc V is up to volumes 19 which is 4 volumes. So that is a total of 10 volumes about one more than the first series.

Hmm Well maybe it could still be just Arc IV, since i somewhat restrained myself from reading past Arc III due to this. Well we shall see
Jun 11, 2020 9:54 AM
Aug 2018
-ShadowClaw- said:

As far as i am aware, Arc IV was drastically reduced from the same amount of content it had in the wn to the ln. The First Season adapted the first 3 arcs up to volume 9, Arc IV is up to volume 15 which is 7 volumes and Arc V is up to volumes 19 which is 4 volumes. So that is a total of 10 volumes about one more than the first series.

What you're saying is true. However, the LN version of Arc4 is pretty condensed and tightly packed. They won't be able to adapt it properly in just 12 episodes without skipping scenes.
Jun 11, 2020 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
rakeshpavan333 said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

What you're saying is true. However, the LN version of Arc4 is pretty condensed and tightly packed. They won't be able to adapt it properly in just 12 episodes without skipping scenes.

Than is it possible they might adapted mostly arc IV but still leave out like the last quarter for arc V? Hmm even say each cour is 13 rather than 12 and that a lot of episodes skip the opening and ending to animated more content like they did with a lot in s1?
Jun 11, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
The anime being split cour doesn't mean arc 4 will just be 12 episodes they could still use all of cour one Plus 2-3 episodes of the second arc to wrap things.

Yeah, 12 for arc 4 is too little, but 25 episodes are gonna be a drag hell and people were already kinda bored with arc 3 being 14 episodes and it was the same length as arc 4.

They could use 15-16 episodes to do arc 4 and the rest for arc 5. Arc 5 is battle centric so it will take them considerably less time to adapt it. Season 1 already adapted 9 volumes so it's not an impossible task.
Devil_SlayerJun 11, 2020 10:34 AM
Jun 11, 2020 10:58 AM

May 2013
Nurguburu said:
AbdFmL said:
How is this bad news

I dislike split cours a LOT.

Yeah, it is like a stronger version of No-Nut-November.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 11, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
The anime being split cour doesn't mean arc 4 will just be 12 episodes they could still use all of cour one Plus 2-3 episodes of the second arc to wrap things.

Yeah, 12 for arc 4 is too little, but 25 episodes are gonna be a drag hell and people were already kinda bored with arc 3 being 14 episodes and it was the same length as arc 4.

They could use 15-16 episodes to do arc 4 and the rest for arc 5. Arc 5 is battle centric so it will take them considerably less time to adapt it. Season 1 already adapted 9 volumes so it's not an impossible task.

Doubt we'll see arc 5 in season 2
Jun 11, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
It's possible.

And tbh god knows when we will get a third season after the second season ends so I prefer to see it now.
Jun 11, 2020 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
Thought the first season was really overrated. Subaru was annoying & cringeworthy and the female lead was boring. Rem was ok.

Hope this is better
Jun 11, 2020 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Aardwolf94 said:
Thought the first season was really overrated. Subaru was annoying & cringeworthy and the female lead was boring. Rem was ok.

Hope this is better

If you seriously don't like the characters just drop the show. The characters and their development is the core part of Re:Zero
Jun 11, 2020 12:07 PM
Aug 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
It's possible.

And tbh god knows when we will get a third season after the second season ends so I prefer to see it now.

Well, I understand. Having to wait is frustrating. But it's better to see a properly paced adaptation than a rushed one. I read the Light Novel volumes 1-9 and I feel they actually cut out a lot of stuff in Season 1, like few very important world-building related stuff, some Emilia characterization, and some important foreshadowing etc. Hence I'm hoping they take their time and adapt all the stuff from Arc4+all the interludes and epilogues into those 24-25 episodes. And i.m.o Arc4 ending is a pretty well-suited endpoint for season 2. Because
. IMO It will be kinda awkward if this happens mid-season around episode 15-16. So its best to do only Arc4 entirely.

And I have a feeling we will get a Season 3 announcement soon after Season 2 ends, which will most likely adapt Arcs 5 and 6.
Jun 11, 2020 12:13 PM
Aug 2018
Aardwolf94 said:

Hope this is better

Umm. Subaru being annoying & cringy was intentional and it was a big part of his character development. His character is pretty realistic (like an avg teenager), he makes mistakes (like all of us do) and slowly learns from it.
Jun 11, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2017
rakeshpavan333 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Hope this is better

Umm. Subaru being annoying & cringy was intentional and it was a big part of his character development. His character is pretty realistic (like an avg teenager), he makes mistakes (like all of us do) and slowly learns from it.

Well it just got repetitive. And the average teenager doesn't behave this cringy.

maybe his character improves later on.
Jun 11, 2020 1:16 PM

Jan 2019
Aardwolf94 said:
rakeshpavan333 said:

Well it just got repetitive. And the average teenager doesn't behave this cringy.

And the average teenager behaves MUCH MORE cringier than he does lmao...i don't know in which generation you grown up but in this times Subaru is at least a beacon for a slightly normal and a little cringy guy...if u had observed kids these days i'm sure u would have died of cringe by now observing them...maybe in the past kids were "better" but in these "times"...hell man even the adults are way more r******d sometimes than the kids are and i'm sure i can place Subaru in a safe spot on the scale of cringe no matter who tells me the opposite.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 11, 2020 1:18 PM
Aug 2018
Aardwolf94 said:

Ok then. If I go by your judgement he's below average. But this is probably only true when it's concerning communication and conversation skills with others.
Mainly because he was a shut-in NEET who didn't really interact much with people before he was summoned.

Were you satisfied by his behaviour in last 4-5 episodes?

He will still make mistake sometimes, but not as much compared to season 1.
rakp333Jun 11, 2020 1:22 PM
Jun 11, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2020
rakeshpavan333 said:
Devil_Slayer said:
It's possible.

Well, I understand. Having to wait is frustrating. But it's better to see a properly paced adaptation than a rushed one. I read the Light Novel volumes 1-9 and I feel they actually cut out a lot of stuff in Season 1, like few very important world-building related stuff, some Emilia characterization, and some important foreshadowing etc. Hence I'm hoping they take their time and adapt all the stuff from Arc4+all the interludes and epilogues into those 24-25 episodes. And i.m.o Arc4 ending is a pretty well-suited endpoint for season 2. Because
. IMO It will be kinda awkward if this happens mid-season around episode 15-16. So its best to do only Arc4 entirely.

And I have a feeling we will get a Season 3 announcement soon after Season 2 ends, which will most likely adapt Arcs 5 and 6.

I'm really with you on this one. Just from reading the Arc 3 manga they skipped a few things (like stuff about Al) and it felt important. So even if the amount of volumes was suitable like @-ShadowClaw- said, I'd still want it to be like this.
And YES, hopefully they announce season 3 as soon as we're done :). Even the announcement of a far-away season is fine. Just give us the announcement :P.

And if it isn't obvious already, I'm sooo HYPED for this season!!
Jun 11, 2020 3:51 PM
Feb 2019
To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Subaru in the 1st season, I found him extremely annoying with all that yelling crap which is supposed to be an attempt at comedy but that forced comedy is just cringy to me, I simply dislike screaming characters trying to be funny, I don't find that crap funny in the slightest. IMHO good comedy doesn't need screaming characters, the comedy needs to be subtle, for example, One Punch Man has good comedy, they are subtle and doesn't require screaming characters, Saitama does scream sometimes but most of the comedy doesn't revolve about him screaming, in this anime though, Subaru just screams almost all the time he tries to be funny and I don't like that.

That being said, I did started to like Subaru in the last couple of episodes because he was screaming much less. I wasn't a big fan of the 1st season but somehow I'm looking forward for season 2, hopefully I can enjoy this one better.
Jun 11, 2020 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
Subaru being "just a teenager" doesn't make him less insufferable to watch tbh even if it was done on purpose. He's cringe-worthy even for a teenager at times.

It's understandable why so many people not found of him. Arc 3 is his lowest point thought, you will see much less whining and cringy worth stuff going from here on.
Jun 11, 2020 5:36 PM
Feb 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
Subaru being "just a teenager" doesn't make him less insufferable to watch tbh even if it was done on purpose. He's cringe-worthy even for a teenager at times.

It's understandable why so many people not found of him. Arc 3 is his lowest point thought, you will see much less whining and cringy worth stuff going from here on.

Hopefully that's the case, as long as Subaru acts like he was acting in the last couple of episodes while screaming less then I'm ok with him.

Of course, that still doesn't mean that I will like the anime, the story needs to be good to be able to draw me in. I also hope the emotional moments in the 2nd season is as good as the flashbacks of Wilhelm and Theresia van Astrea from the 1st season, IMHO that flashback was the best thing that anime provided, it was so good that it got me emotional and gave me teary eyes. If a scene in an anime manages to give me teary eyes then they did it right.
Jun 11, 2020 5:39 PM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
Devil_Slayer said:

''done on purpose'' nah it is more like done realistically and just as teenager would, it is just that you have not met people like subaru can't blame you
EMT

Jun 11, 2020 6:16 PM
Jun 2017
yes, in just a month from now, re zero will start to air. yeah
Jun 11, 2020 6:45 PM

Jul 2014
Faryd said:
Devil_Slayer said:

''done on purpose'' nah it is more like done realistically and just as teenager would, it is just that you have not met people like subaru can't blame you

I guess I should thank god that I didn't have to deal with Krusty people as the ones you had in your life then.

Still doesn't make him any less annoying.
Devil_SlayerJun 11, 2020 6:49 PM
Jun 11, 2020 6:59 PM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
Faryd said:

I guess I should thank god that I didn't have to deal with Krusty people as the ones you had in your life then.
it's not really bad however if i put myself in your place i can see why you find it annoying
EMT

Jun 11, 2020 11:55 PM

May 2020
Make your screen brightness maximum possible, and then zoom in to the top-right corner of the key visual.

Wow. I wonder who that is? :P

Looks exactly like Emilia to me.

Jun 12, 2020 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
Aardwolf94 said:

Hope this is better

Ooo well the door is always there for ya, because Subaru is about as realistic as any teenager around his age would be in his situations. This season you might just wanna Shout with him knowing what he going to go through.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 13, 2020 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
BexoCat said:
Make your screen brightness maximum possible, and then zoom in to the top-right corner of the key visual.

It should be obvious who she is based on who is at the top of the poster ;-)

Here's a hint

Jun 13, 2020 6:43 PM

Jan 2017
BexoCat said:

Jun 14, 2020 11:51 AM

Jan 2019
Ynzdxd said:
BexoCat said:

Jun 14, 2020 7:55 PM
Jun 2020
Devil_Slayer said:

Uhh nope,Arc 4 is so long as Arc 1,2,3 combined,Also Arc 4 covered 6 Volumes of LN and 6 Volumes of LN is enough for 2 cour Anime,so S2 will be covering Full of Arc 4

Although S1 covered 9 Volumes,but that's because they cut a lot of scene, skipping Op and Ed,1 hrs duration for eps 1(This is a good thing tho)

Unless they want to rush this adaptation,it's possible we reach Arc 5 in S2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.