Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 10, 2020 8:00 PM

Nov 2017
I've only seen Zero and UBW. I think they're alright shows but are insanely over-hyped, but that might change if I ever decide to rewatch them since I'll have a better understanding since Fate is a pretty complex series. I liked UBW slightly better then Zero. I'll probably check out the Heavens Feel movies soon, too.
Jun 10, 2020 8:41 PM
Dec 2017
_Poxy_ said:
bigdiccmystic said:
I'd love to get into it...
I just don't know where to start
seems a bit confusing

Fate/Zero then Stay Night (2006) followed by Unlimited Bladeworks and finally the Heaven Feel's films. Honestly, the only Fates worth watching are the Emiya-centric ones. I thoroughly enjoyed Stay Night (2006) since it reminds me of that golden era of the mid-2000's.
well shit thanks bro appreciate it!
Jun 10, 2020 8:43 PM

Oct 2017
bigdiccmystic said:
_Poxy_ said:

Fate/Zero then Stay Night (2006) followed by Unlimited Bladeworks and finally the Heaven Feel's films. Honestly, the only Fates worth watching are the Emiya-centric ones. I thoroughly enjoyed Stay Night (2006) since it reminds me of that golden era of the mid-2000's.

Be warned that the 2006 F/SN anime hasn't aged well in terms of animation and art (it was made by a different studio) so you may want to skip from F/Z to F/SN UBW (2014) which have a similiar artstyle and really great animation.

The 2006 anime is not really needed to understand UBW or HF anyway
Jun 10, 2020 9:02 PM

Apr 2020
It's cool. Especially Fate Grand Order. I love burning money to collect all these big tit/big ass waifus. ;)
Jun 10, 2020 11:44 PM
Dec 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
bigdiccmystic said:

Be warned that the 2006 F/SN anime hasn't aged well in terms of animation and art (it was made by a different studio) so you may want to skip from F/Z to F/SN UBW (2014) which have a similiar artstyle and really great animation.

The 2006 anime is not really needed to understand UBW or HF anyway
awesome dude thanks great series so far
Jun 10, 2020 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
I like it, in this order

Fate Zero
Fate Apocrypha
Fate Grand Order
Fate Extra Last encore
Fate Unlimited Blade Works
Fate Stay Night
Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Saber Arturia used to be my waifu about 7 years ago, the fandom is varied and not really as bad as some other fandoms.

I have a dream, I want to see a heroic spirit's backstory. I mean that being the plot of the anime. In Fate Grand Order, I almost got that with Gilgamesh. But he had visitors, which I didn't care about. So now I want another spirit's life story to be addapted in its own anime.
Jun 11, 2020 12:09 AM

Jun 2016
As entertainment, can be quite the ride with great action and visual effects
As a "philosophically deep masterpiece!"... lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2020 12:18 AM

Apr 2020
I call it bhangaar (in my native language) which means garbage/useless things which can be sold third handed.
Jun 11, 2020 12:33 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I very much like the fgo franchise. Some of the story are pretty good. There are feels moment whenever they try to overcome the hardship during each singularity/event, then the parting.

F2P with 14 SSRs. Not everyone is a p2w.
Jun 11, 2020 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
I'd need someone to hold my hand through it in order to start. No idea what it's about, all I know is it's from a VN, which I'd be more interested in playing than watching.
Jun 11, 2020 3:58 AM

Aug 2018
Overall just to complicated to get into
_______I like rocks__
Jun 11, 2020 4:15 AM
May 2018
I intend to marathon every Type-Moon anime starting with Tsukihime till the last adapted one in order of release.

One day.
Jun 11, 2020 4:36 AM

Aug 2016
A fun action series that isn't anywhere near as complicated as it's made out to be.
The action is the draw and the story, even Fate/Zero isn't anything amazing, but it's worth a watch.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 11, 2020 4:46 AM
Mar 2018
I only watched fate zero from it, and to be honest, I was very much disappointed by it, especially s2, I gave it a 3/10, the lowest rating I've ever given to a plot based anime. It just left a bad taste in my mouth tbh and there were many characters that I hated. I only liked the scenes of Rider, Waver and rin.
Jun 11, 2020 4:47 AM

Oct 2012
Been a long time fan since good old Deen/Stay Night. After watching Fate/zero and playing the visual novel it really cemented the franchise as a favourite. However, I’m not a big fan of any of the branch shows like Apocryhpa, Babylonia etc. I even tried F/go since people said Camelot and Babylonia were worth it but I honestly wasn’t that impressed. Really looking forward to seeing the last two Heavens Feel movies, though.
Jun 11, 2020 4:47 AM

Nov 2016
Zero was great, but UBW or overall pretty damn overrated.

The visuals are nice to look at, it's just that the action lacks the hype of a battle shounen and there's too much pseudo deepness that can't hold a candle to an actually well written work.

Maybe I watched it with the wrong mindset, but unless you're a sourcefag I don't see what would warrant the high praise.
FMmatronJun 11, 2020 4:53 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2020 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
One of the most divisive fandom just like Gundam franchise with it's UC fans and AU fans. Fate franchise has also different continuities being the fsn continuity and spinoffs continuity which divide the fans. Also having stories originally made from different platform VN, LN, manga, mobile game, and console game, fans will argue which is the best, the worst or mediocre. It's a fan being in the fandom, since you can find someone to talk about who share the same or similar interest as you. It's also a fandom, whose fans roast it's own co-fans xD

The fate/zero is my favorite fate anime, since it's the most faithful among the adaptations, plus being made in ufotable it has consistent animation and superb soundtrack by kajiura. UBW is a mixed bag to me since it's not that faithful adaptation. I love so far the direction and nuanced where getting in HF. Fate spinoffs are a more amusing watch for fsn continuity fans, where it's fun to spot fsn references.
Jun 11, 2020 4:58 AM

Feb 2020
my response isn't that valid but coming from someone who knows almost nothing about it (besides kirei, of course i know him) but it honestly seems really cool. i plan to eventually get into it and some of the art for it looks beautiful, but it also seems very confusing to me
Jun 11, 2020 6:40 AM

May 2020
My favourite one is S/N Heaven's feel, and the one I found worst is S/N Unlimited Blade Works.
Jun 11, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2009
Psajdak said:
I intend to marathon every Type-Moon anime starting with Tsukihime till the last adapted one in order of release.

One day.

Remember to try Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners
Jun 11, 2020 7:10 AM

Jun 2019
My favorite Fate anime in order:

Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night UBW and HF
Fate/Grand Order
Fate/Kaleid
Fate/Apocrypha
Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Extra Last Encore
Jun 11, 2020 7:30 AM
May 2016
Its seems like everytime i watch other anime, it just pale in comparison to nasuverse anime. It just so damn interesting and chuuni.

Favorite: ufotable ubw
Dislike: probably last encore

The fanbase is alright, not as toxic as some people say.
Jun 11, 2020 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
I’d consider the Fate Series to be a combination of Pokémon and Historical/Mythological characters.
Jun 11, 2020 8:47 AM

Feb 2018
Put in simple terms: Too much history 7.8/10
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Jun 11, 2020 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
It's one of those series that tries to be everything, causing a lot of dissonance. It wants to be serious and edgy with rape and whatnot, but it also wants to be colorful and have its waifus. It wants to be lighthearted, but also very dark. It wants to be everything; a jack of all trades, causing it to be a master of none. I think the reason for this is partially due to all the spinoffs and whatnot that go all over the place.
However, it's been years since I last watched the DEEN adaptation and UBW, but I love Heaven's Feel and Zero for how consistent they feel in tone.
Jun 11, 2020 1:37 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been moved to the correct sub-board.

"Anime/Manga specific threads should go into their respective sub-boards."
Jun 12, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2018
One of my favorite characters of all time, no one like this guy ->Emiya Kiritsugu,
but they basically distroyed his character in order to welcome some new young character.
Thats all fine and dandy to do, but you need to keep the main guy in your story,
they could keep the knife baddy but not Kiritsugu= a major mistake.
Its like if Miura would erase Guts, or Araki would erase Jotaro, I mean come on people wtf... So the writing was shit in that sense.

Also who has such cool hair? I mean just look at that shape

Mila91Jun 12, 2020 10:33 AM

Jun 12, 2020 4:32 PM

Oct 2017
Mila91 said:
One of my favorite characters of all time, no one like this guy ->Emiya Kiritsugu,
but they basically distroyed his character in order to welcome some new young character.
Thats all fine and dandy to do, but you need to keep the main guy in your story,
Its like if Miura would erase Guts, or Araki would erase Jotaro, I mean come on people wtf... So the writing was shit in that sense.

Kiritsugu is one of my favourite characters ever as well but I don't think his character was destroyed by the dark ending he got. It was fitting for his story imho.

Also F/Z is a prequel that was made after F/SN so it was already clear that his story isn't going to end in a happy way.

But considering how lame Shirou is I definitely wish there was some alternate F/SN that keeps going with Kiritsugu as the MC.
Jun 12, 2020 4:44 PM

Oct 2018
@Aardwolf94 yes I agree its okay they made his story sad , but they could have kept him,yes thats what I meant , when I said "destroyed" I meant "not having him anymore in the anime" I hope that makes sense. I really would love to see more of him, glad to hear you're a fan too.

Jun 12, 2020 6:31 PM

Mar 2019
Mila91 said:
@Aardwolf94 yes I agree its okay they made his story sad , but they could have kept him,yes thats what I meant , when I said "destroyed" I meant "not having him anymore in the anime" I hope that makes sense. I really would love to see more of him, glad to hear you're a fan too.

Why would they have him in stories and anime anymore? His story is over.
Apr 24, 2021 2:20 PM

Apr 2020
Hakunon said:
Amazing idea and has potential as a series but Nasu's writing is mediocre at best and it ruins it.
That's why Fate/Zero is the best

God you sound unintelligent. It seems you know absolutely nothing about good writing. Go watch your childish garbage MHA, HxH and Shit piece. It seems you cannot understand deep and complex psychological themes nor can you understand the concepts relating to deontology and consequentialism, which are the core themes of FSN, FSN is also a deconstruction of heroism, if you didn't know.
Apr 24, 2021 2:56 PM

Jun 2016
Allen-DeltaG said:
Hakunon said:
Amazing idea and has potential as a series but Nasu's writing is mediocre at best and it ruins it.
That's why Fate/Zero is the best

God you sound unintelligent. It seems you know absolutely nothing about good writing. Go watch your childish garbage MHA, HxH and Shit piece. It seems you cannot understand deep and complex psychological themes nor can you understand the concepts relating to deontology and consequentialism, which are the core themes of FSN, FSN is also a deconstruction of heroism, if you didn't know.

go outside lmaoooo
Apr 24, 2021 2:57 PM

Jan 2020
One of the greatest series to ever be created. Peak characters, peak animation, peak fights, peak themes, peak everything. It's so good

Apr 24, 2021 3:49 PM

Apr 2020
Hakunon said:
Allen-DeltaG said:

go outside lmaoooo

Wow, you didn't add anything to the discussion. I gave facts, simple as that. And you have nothing to show for it. Fate/Zero had no character development, no world building, no core theme, all the characters had no point or depth to them, the themes weren't explored, all examples why Fate Zero is shit writing. FSN is a masterpiece.
Apr 25, 2021 7:01 AM

Jun 2016
Allen-DeltaG said:
Hakunon said:

go outside lmaoooo

Wow, you didn't add anything to the discussion. I gave facts, simple as that. And you have nothing to show for it. Fate/Zero had no character development, no world building, no core theme, all the characters had no point or depth to them, the themes weren't explored, all examples why Fate Zero is shit writing. FSN is a masterpiece.

dude don't you have anything better to do that digging old comments insulting people cause they don't like your animated waifu show?
Sticking random philosophy terms to an unoriginal weebish story doesnt make it more original.
courierrApr 25, 2021 7:05 AM
May 7, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 2017
Basically Fate animes are made for its fans.

The fact that they adapted Zero first shows that they don't care about anime onlies. Good thing Zero turned out to be such a good anime,but sadly there are people who thought that Zero is the main story of Fate and expected everything else to be similar to it.

Fsn 3 routes are all flawed adaptations, you'll miss a lot of things from a great story.

Extra last encore and fgo are unwatchable if you haven't played the games
May 7, 2021 2:33 PM
May 2020
Fate/stay night (all route btw) >>>>> everything

/0 is just a prequel from Urobochi. As expected, the ending.
/Apocrypha is fucking good, as an alternate universe. Jeanne is best waifu.
/Extra is just another level. I don't know some things about CCC, since I'm not interested in the beginning. Not that cool.
/GO is great (story-wise), but trash (money-wise). Camelot and Anastasia are 9/10.
/Prototype is ehh, I don't like the character design only and MY PRECIOUS SABER TURNED INTO A BISHOUNEN. Nope.
El-Melloi II's Case Files is goddamn good. It's great to learn more about Clock Tower.
And haven't read /kaleid Prisma Illya yet.

In summary, Fate Series is "what the fuck". Too fucking many lore and alternate universe.
PlayayMay 7, 2021 6:23 PM
May 7, 2021 9:15 PM

Sep 2020
read the visual novel,and you're done.
Jun 22, 2021 3:04 PM

Mar 2020
Main stuff is good (Nasu's stuff and Zero) and if apocrophya is representative of the rest of the series' quality then the rest is pretty shit, although I've heard strange fake is pretty good and fgo if fun

Jun 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Oct 2020
It's a phenomenal series, it has a little bit of everything which isn't the easiest thing to find in animes. It's Top 3 all time for me if you're including the visual novels as well.
Jun 27, 2021 6:34 PM

Mar 2020
Mila91 said:

I know this is an old post, but Kiritsugu's ending was made for him before he as a character really existed, in Fate/Stay Night he was just Shirou's father who it turned out to be a lot more important to the lore than he seemed and the memory of his death is one of the first things we see of him, as well as being one of the most important events in Shirou's life. He was a plot device with some characterisation that only existed for the purpose of Shirou's,
backstories until Zero turned him into an actual character.

Jun 27, 2021 10:13 PM

Apr 2019
As a whole it is a potential thrown away.

Fate has a good idea to make so many good stories, but they prefer to just focus on waifu. It's despicable, if you think about it.
Jun 27, 2021 10:14 PM

Oct 2020
Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo Astolfo
Nov 3, 2021 4:57 AM

Dec 2019
One of the most brainwasher anime titles of all time and one of the most overrated. With its great animation made by ufotable, the story quality is overlooked.
Nov 3, 2021 5:04 AM

Jan 2021
I only like F/Z, rest are mid.
Mar 21, 2023 5:11 PM

Mar 2021
They should have ended it after spring song. And I say that as the whole franchise mobage included. People are going to get sick of the mobage and quit. You just cannot keep interest for that long

They made so much money off the mobage but the fgo movies are not good. There is so little fate stuff now and it feels like forever since we got an anime since they went the movie route. The fgo movies did bad critically and commercially.

Interest is kind of dead in the series.i see no one talking about it anymore.

If nasu chose to retire the franchise with him, more shows can get followup seasons but no.

Fate as a franchise needs to end now
icefirestone23Mar 22, 2023 2:42 AM
Mar 23, 2023 3:24 AM

Jan 2017
icefirestone23 said:
People are going to get sick of the mobage and quit.

Definitely not.
Fate/Grand Order is still extremely popular (and makes a lot of money) , and it won't stop anytime soon.

icefirestone23 said:
There is so little fate stuff now and it feels like forever since we got an anime since they went the movie route. The fgo movies did bad critically and commercially.

It's because the Fate franchise (and even just Type-Moon in general) isn't an Anime one tho , they are Games/Novels , and the Animes are just a bonus. (The F/GO Animes are literally presents for the fans made for the 7th Anniversary of the Game...)
We are getting a lot of content right now (Lostbelt 7 , Samurai Remnant , Lost Einherjar...) , plus all the ongoing stuffs (Plus works in the Nasuverse outside of Fate)
... There is content , and not just a little.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 23, 2023 6:33 AM

Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
icefirestone23 said:
People are going to get sick of the mobage and quit.

Definitely not.
Fate/Grand Order is still extremely popular (and makes a lot of money) , and it won't stop anytime soon.

icefirestone23 said:
There is so little fate stuff now and it feels like forever since we got an anime since they went the movie route. The fgo movies did bad critically and commercially.

It's because the Fate franchise (and even just Type-Moon in general) isn't an Anime one tho , they are Games/Novels , and the Animes are just a bonus. (The F/GO Animes are literally presents for the fans made for the 7th Anniversary of the Game...)
We are getting a lot of content right now (Lostbelt 7 , Samurai Remnant , Lost Einherjar...) , plus all the ongoing stuffs (Plus works in the Nasuverse outside of Fate)
... There is content , and not just a little.

Fgo is no longer a top grosser especially in global meaning that server cannot last forever. Game itself kind of did more damage than good to the anime scene since now everything has to have a cash grab mobage.

Let's be real in the quality of fate has crashed ever since ufotable left it for demon slayer. No one in Japan is watching the movies now. If the fans were, they should be making at least 10 million The franchise is long overdue retiring especially since it literally past its endpoint with spring song.
Mar 23, 2023 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
icefirestone23 said:
Fgo is no longer a top grosser especially in global meaning that server cannot last forever.

It's still 3rd in the Play Store , and even if i didn't took the time to check , i would be surprised if it dived down more on others stores.

icefirestone23 said:
Game itself kind of did more damage than good to the anime scene since now everything has to have a cash grab mobage.

Fate always has been a cash grab.
Why do you think it was released as an Eroge to begin with ?

icefirestone23 said:
Let's be real in the quality of fate has crashed ever since ufotable left it for demon slayer.

Well , the Main Story is completed , so only Spin-Offs and Parodies are left , and like for most series , they are not as good/popular as the Main Story , especially since they (or atleast most) are not even written by the original Author...
Dunno what's the correlation to Kimetsu no Yaiba tho , most of those Spin-Offs/Parodies started way before Kimetsu no Yaiba even began as a Manga.

icefirestone23 said:
No one in Japan is watching the movies now. If the fans were, they should be making at least 10 million The franchise is long overdue retiring especially since it literally past its endpoint with spring song.

The F/GO Movies still did more than 3 millions while the continuity can be followed only by those who played the Game.
Even if it's clearly not as much as the Heaven's Feel Trilogy , it's still 20% of it.

And again , it's not bad for a Spin-Off like that.
You can not expect a Side-project to be as popular/good than a Main one , but it doesn't mean that this Side-project isn't popular/good as it's own scale.

With the characters of Fate being historical figures , there is a shitload of possibilities to exploit , and i don't think Type-Moon will pass on them.
But yeah , the Main/True Story is already done , and we probably won't get something as great in the franchise , but it doesn't mean the franchise should necessary die.

Edit : Also , we talk only about Animes of Fate , but it's just a bonus source of money for Type-Moon , they always have other series that give them a lot , such as the Tsukihime Remake or the latest Melty Blood.
Alexioos95Mar 23, 2023 7:31 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 23, 2023 6:15 PM

Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
The F/GO Movies still did more than 3 millions while the continuity can be followed only by those who played the Game.
Even if it's clearly not as much as the Heaven's Feel Trilogy , it's still 20% of it.
2-3 million with the fate branding and aniplex labelling is more or less a flop. The budget is likely higher than like 1.5 million and they need to make like 2x-2.5x the amount. Theatres like take half the money. Plus the marketing costs due to the fate branding. Meaning they likely lost money on the fgo movies. And if they lost money on the movies, it can cause trouble when developing later animes. The movies themselves were of questionable quality. The fight scenes were just not that good and often weak visuals. It feels like a pretty bad experience next to what ufotable has done. They should look much better considering producers should have a lot of money. People complain how dragon ball is getting milked yet that movie made bank at the box office
Alexioos95 said:
It's still 3rd in the Play Store , and even if i didn't took the time to check , i would be surprised if it dived down more on others stores.
1 million on one of the platforms is actually not high anymore especially compared to stuff like the dragon ball and yugioh ones. It still does good in japan but revenue dropped enough for delightworks to be acquired. Also fgo sort of started the trend of companies just using anime to push a mobage game, and it is happening for like everything. And burning too many fans of many series. The SAO and RZ ones had too many shutdowns and they just keep on making new ones.
Alexioos95 said:
With the characters of Fate being historical figures , there is a shitload of possibilities to exploit , and i don't think Type-Moon will pass on them.
But yeah , the Main/True Story is already done , and we probably won't get something as great in the franchise , but it doesn't mean the franchise should necessary die.
For the most part they kind of milked the franchise to the maximum and they are reaching a cap on it. It has happened to pretty much every long running franchise like yugioh and pokemon where they exhausted the possibilities, and interest just kind of collapses. Not sure what else can they do after strange/fake

But I cannot certainly be the only one who things the brand right now is being dragged through the mud once ufotable went for KnY
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.