Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 1, 2023 6:50 PM

Sep 2018
icefirestone23 said:
Alexioos95 said:
The F/GO Movies still did more than 3 millions while the continuity can be followed only by those who played the Game.
Even if it's clearly not as much as the Heaven's Feel Trilogy , it's still 20% of it.
2-3 million with the fate branding and aniplex labelling is more or less a flop. The budget is likely higher than like 1.5 million and they need to make like 2x-2.5x the amount. Theatres like take half the money. Plus the marketing costs due to the fate branding. Meaning they likely lost money on the fgo movies. And if they lost money on the movies, it can cause trouble when developing later animes. The movies themselves were of questionable quality. The fight scenes were just not that good and often weak visuals. It feels like a pretty bad experience next to what ufotable has done. They should look much better considering producers should have a lot of money. People complain how dragon ball is getting milked yet that movie made bank at the box office
Alexioos95 said:
It's still 3rd in the Play Store , and even if i didn't took the time to check , i would be surprised if it dived down more on others stores.
1 million on one of the platforms is actually not high anymore especially compared to stuff like the dragon ball and yugioh ones. It still does good in japan but revenue dropped enough for delightworks to be acquired. Also fgo sort of started the trend of companies just using anime to push a mobage game, and it is happening for like everything. And burning too many fans of many series. The SAO and RZ ones had too many shutdowns and they just keep on making new ones.
Alexioos95 said:
With the characters of Fate being historical figures , there is a shitload of possibilities to exploit , and i don't think Type-Moon will pass on them.
But yeah , the Main/True Story is already done , and we probably won't get something as great in the franchise , but it doesn't mean the franchise should necessary die.
For the most part they kind of milked the franchise to the maximum and they are reaching a cap on it. It has happened to pretty much every long running franchise like yugioh and pokemon where they exhausted the possibilities, and interest just kind of collapses. Not sure what else can they do after strange/fake

But I cannot certainly be the only one who things the brand right now is being dragged through the mud once ufotable went for KnY
icefirestone23 said:
Alexioos95 said:
The F/GO Movies still did more than 3 millions while the continuity can be followed only by those who played the Game.
Even if it's clearly not as much as the Heaven's Feel Trilogy , it's still 20% of it.
2-3 million with the fate branding and aniplex labelling is more or less a flop. The budget is likely higher than like 1.5 million and they need to make like 2x-2.5x the amount. Theatres like take half the money. Plus the marketing costs due to the fate branding. Meaning they likely lost money on the fgo movies. And if they lost money on the movies, it can cause trouble when developing later animes. The movies themselves were of questionable quality. The fight scenes were just not that good and often weak visuals. It feels like a pretty bad experience next to what ufotable has done. They should look much better considering producers should have a lot of money. People complain how dragon ball is getting milked yet that movie made bank at the box office
Alexioos95 said:
It's still 3rd in the Play Store , and even if i didn't took the time to check , i would be surprised if it dived down more on others stores.
1 million on one of the platforms is actually not high anymore especially compared to stuff like the dragon ball and yugioh ones. It still does good in japan but revenue dropped enough for delightworks to be acquired. Also fgo sort of started the trend of companies just using anime to push a mobage game, and it is happening for like everything. And burning too many fans of many series. The SAO and RZ ones had too many shutdowns and they just keep on making new ones.
Alexioos95 said:
With the characters of Fate being historical figures , there is a shitload of possibilities to exploit , and i don't think Type-Moon will pass on them.
But yeah , the Main/True Story is already done , and we probably won't get something as great in the franchise , but it doesn't mean the franchise should necessary die.
For the most part they kind of milked the franchise to the maximum and they are reaching a cap on it. It has happened to pretty much every long running franchise like yugioh and pokemon where they exhausted the possibilities, and interest just kind of collapses. Not sure what else can they do after strange/fake

But I cannot certainly be the only one who things the brand right now is being dragged through the mud once ufotable went for KnY

icefirestone23 said:
Why do people think that ufotable was the sole reason for fate's success? Who cares what they work on? Hell their next project is the mahoyo movie(s), another nasu work, so I don't know what you're going on about. The animes for type moon are glorified advertisements for their main products. And m8, you have no idea. I'll be talking about not only fate but the company as a whole but they're definitely not collapsing any time soon. Tsuki-remake topped charts and sold like what 400k copies, mahoyo sold another 100k. FGO JP alone last month made 47 million dollars. Fourty seven million dollars in a single month, a dead one even. Eight years after it's inception and it's still topping the charts and competing with the likes of genshin and that horse racing game. FGO is only going to die when they kill it themselves but it ain't happening anytime soon. Hell, they even tried self-sabotaging way back in 2018 at the height of it's popularity when it was making billions a year with nasu doomposting so hard about ending it till even the japanese playerbase were also doomposting and it took sony stepping in to do damage control and reassuring the players that fgo will go on for another decade.

westrayfurtherApr 1, 2023 7:02 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - 35 minutes ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.