Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 31, 2021 2:13 PM

Feb 2019
The twist was amazing - I didn't see it coming at all - but the ending was annoying.

Does he really think those cops wont take any money for themselves? And even if they don't, how are they supposed to distribute it? And won't they arrest him anyway??
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2017
I have a feeling Laurent, Abigail and the "police" were working together. At least Cassano was arrested and Salazar has a happy life now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2021 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
And that's it? "Twist" of century - "murder" of main characters in a 5th episode already, yeah right, very believable. This anime is just another great example that people happy to praise any crap, I mean if there are idiots which making such anime and think it's good then there always will be a matching sect.
Mar 18, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
I was pretty sure that Pola Dickens aka Cynthia was also a con artist, but not necessarily an ally of Laurent and Abby.

A really fantastic arc and rich in twists. I really like Cynthia, and Edamura, while a bit representative of the archetypal Japanese hero, is interesting.
Apr 6, 2021 3:09 AM

Jun 2020
Wow that was GREAT. It’s insane, doesn’t make much sense at times, but so entertaining. When Cynthia asked for 100 million$$$$ I’d already guessed that Laurent & Abbie weren’t really dead & they were all in cahoots. I loved when Laurent said they wish Salazar can now live happily with Tom♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 20, 2021 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Yo, that scene where both Laurent and Abbie got "shot" by those "FBIs" I went like this, "Oh my god no~! Laurent and Abbie are now both dead. I guess it will just be him, Edamura, who will be scamming people huh? But YO that twist (is it called a twist?) Cynthia, Laurent, Abbie, and the other swindlers were just faking it! The real Pola Dickens is there and old. WOAH that was freaking amazing!

Also, why did Edamura turn himself in? Oof!
May 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Feb 2020
I dunno how I feel about the whole plot twist surrounding Cynthia, kinda felt like it came out of nowhere in order to escape that doomsday scenario. I didn't really pick up on any hints that it was gonna happen, unless I missed something and I'm just an idiot. Music, art style, and characters (specifically Edamura and Salazar) are all solid. The animation being limited makes sense for this art style, I would've been shocked if it was extremely high detailed every frame of every episode.
Jul 6, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2015
Dammit I should've known the cunning Laurent would have some plan, I kinda expected 'Paula' or should I say Cynthia to be in league with him but not that she was a scammer herself. Bit predictable in certain aspects (Abby and Laurent obviously not actually dying) but still quite impressive scheme and above all to fake by being with the fbi.

Jul 6, 2021 3:29 PM

Apr 2018
Well even the FBI were con artists lol. I had a feeling that the deaths of Abbie and the blonde guy would be fake xD
110 million scammed, great job.
Edumama gives the money he got to the police, trying to restart his rotten life.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2022 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
It had a rough start, while this arc was enjoyable, the plots and storyline were a bit cliché
but everything was wrapped up nicely, I hope it gets better in the next arcs
Nov 5, 2022 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
What a twist! I expected Abby and Laurent to not be dead but that was way bigger than my expectations.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 27, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, they got me good. I really thought our guys died lol. I enjoyed it and I hope the next story is more interesting!
Jan 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
i was waiting for the Breaking Bad reference
Feb 28, 2023 5:20 PM
Feb 2022
Plot twist the anime
Apr 5, 2023 5:29 AM
Jan 2023
WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT ENDING OMG HAHAHA
Apr 21, 2023 3:46 PM
Jan 2021
Caralhouww.... esse episódio me pegou desprevenido..! [ antes da metade kkkk ]
Já tinha lágrimas nos olhos, quando de repente-
Ooxiiiiiii kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk que porra é essa?
Meu cérebro é muito pequeno para esse anime skdjaskdksadksakskd
Jun 15, 2023 6:14 AM
Jun 2022
That was such a great plot twist! Darn it, I love this anime fr now :))))
Jun 19, 2023 7:42 PM

Apr 2023
Bro that was literally INSANE-
Jun 25, 2023 10:14 PM

Jul 2016
Didn't know it was possible to stuff this many twists in like 20 minutes. You really can't trust anyone but yourself lmao.

And damn Edamura really chose the clean route.
Jul 19, 2023 1:07 PM
Aug 2022
Very predictable story, but the art is amazing and the script is easy to enjoy though it's shallow. 
Aug 23, 2023 12:58 AM
Mar 2021
I absolutely didnt see the last twist coming
Dec 4, 2023 7:31 AM

Nov 2023
I wonder how they all faked their deaths
Dec 26, 2023 5:05 PM
Oct 2017
Stupid, that's what it is. All characters are insufferable garbage, when it looked like Abigail died, I finally said, good, fucking bitch, but no, of course she didn't die, of course they had it all planned from the beginning.

Stupid plot contrivances, its so easy for anybody to con others, I will just read the rest of the anime on Wikipedia and save myself some time.
Dec 26, 2023 5:24 PM
Oct 2017
Like it's such a shame because the anime is colorful and the soundtrack is great, but the logic is so stupid, and is so annoying that a whole production gets ruined because a writer didn't give a shit to make characters that actually act like human beings just so they can throw you a half baked plot twist taken out of their fucking arse, like you make the effort of the musicians and animators go to waste, I have gone through only 5 episodes so far but I'm dropping this shit because I feel that if I continue my brain will only rot more and more
Dec 27, 2023 8:41 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Phixiately
Like it's such a shame because the anime is colorful and the soundtrack is great, but the logic is so stupid, and is so annoying that a whole production gets ruined because a writer didn't give a shit to make characters that actually act like human beings just so they can throw you a half baked plot twist taken out of their fucking arse, like you make the effort of the musicians and animators go to waste, I have gone through only 5 episodes so far but I'm dropping this shit because I feel that if I continue my brain will only rot more and more
@Phixiately Did we watch the same show ? Lol
Jan 27, 9:26 PM

Nov 2022
I'm glad Salazar is okay, that was my biggest worry. Overall part 1 was at some points unpredictable, like the ending where Edamura turns himself in. I hope the next "cases" are just as good
Feb 5, 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
LMAO Breaking Bad reference just when I recently started to rewatch it XD

That twist got me sooo good, I was in awe, already was coping with the thoughts it's going a very dark route but then everything was according to keikaku.

The ending of this episode tho... can't say it ruined the whole thing but it was rather unsatisfying to an extent, or unbelievable to a huge extent.
Dark_zarichFeb 5, 2:33 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SingleH - Sep 20, 2020

242 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 15 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Sep 20, 2020

47 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 17, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Jun 19, 2020

52 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 12 Discussion

Tsarko - Jun 18, 2020

42 by Dark_zarich »»
Mar 11, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jun 8, 2020

62 by RawrOMG »»
Feb 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.