Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2020 7:42 AM
May 2017
As someone who just rewatched the original series and then watched the new movie, the one thing that confused me is seeing Shirley alive and well. What the hell didn't Rolo kill her?
May 30, 2020 8:16 AM

Jun 2016
A few things were changed in the compilation films. From what I've read at least, I haven't actually watched them to confirm.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 30, 2020 8:25 AM
May 2017
Theo1899 said:
A few things were changed in the compilation films. From what I've read at least, I haven't actually watched them to confirm.
Same, hence why my mind was blown to see her alive somehow
May 30, 2020 8:26 AM

May 2013
Theo1899 said:
This is correct. The events in the movies deviate from the TV series' story line, building up to Resurrection of Lelouch movie.

OP, you are supposed to watch the movie series timeline before watching the new movie. Not the TV series.
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 30, 2020 8:36 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
Theo1899 said:
This is correct. The events in the movies deviate from the TV series' story line, building up to Resurrection of Lelouch movie.

OP, you are supposed to watch the movie series timeline before watching the new movie. Not the TV series.
Honestly Shirley still being alive felt like the only change from the tv series, so I don’t think I will have missed much.
May 30, 2020 9:04 AM

May 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Honestly Shirley still being alive felt like the only change from the tv series, so I don’t think I will have missed much.

All of this doesn't matter as long as your enjoyment isn't affected. Enjoy!
Truly a Divine Comedy
May 30, 2020 9:06 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

All of this doesn't matter as long as your enjoyment isn't affected. Enjoy!
Oh I did, I loved it. A lot of fans didn’t for some reason though
Sep 2, 2020 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Shirley being is alive is as significant as a drop of water in the middle of the ocean.
Sep 2, 2020 12:18 PM
Jun 2020
She's still useless so whatever it goes.
Sep 6, 2020 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
This movie is based on the compilation movies and in that Shirley's father was never in the area and never died. As a result Shirley never became obsessed with Zero and never discovered his identity, nor shot Viletta. As a result Rolo never killed Shirley. And thus, she is alive.
Oct 8, 2020 1:58 AM
Oct 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
As someone who just rewatched the original series and then watched the new movie, the one thing that confused me is seeing Shirley alive and well. What the hell didn't Rolo kill her?
i just got done watching them, she never does in the movies. This is an alternative route and not the original. Is go back and watch the 3 movies before this. Some scenes never happened and some are just completely different.
Oct 8, 2020 2:00 AM
Oct 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
KreatorX said:

Actually a few things were changed from the original TV series. Check the wikia for all of them.
Oct 8, 2020 2:03 AM
Oct 2013
Tiffanys said:
This movie is based on the compilation movies and in that Shirley's father was never in the area and never died. As a result Shirley never became obsessed with Zero and never discovered his identity, nor shot Viletta. As a result Rolo never killed Shirley. And thus, she is alive.
This isn’t completely accurate, she actually knew Lelouch was zero but kept her mouth closed. Even after she had her memory replaced by Charles, that one guy with the Geass nutrilzer told her to keep her mouth shut and she did.
Oct 9, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2010
This is alternate universe where Shirley is still alive and not sequel to original anime series

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Oct 21, 2020 3:01 AM
Aug 2020
wape said:
She's still useless so whatever it goes.

Oh, no, no😁😁
That Lelouch is alive is a thanks to her as she was the one who managed to get his body as a normal school student
Oct 29, 2020 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
JacobSwaggedUp said:
Tiffanys said:
This isn’t completely accurate, she actually knew Lelouch was zero but kept her mouth closed. Even after she had her memory replaced by Charles, that one guy with the Geass nutrilzer told her to keep her mouth shut and she did.
chigau, shirley doesn't know for sure that lelouch is zero, she's only guessing it.
Nov 21, 2020 5:56 PM
Mar 2020
In fact Shirley didn't die in Manga and the 3 movies as well... So you have to watch the entire story again not the TV series but the 3 movies before the The "lelouch of resurrection" movie.
Nov 22, 2020 6:44 PM

Sep 2010
Mezo_78 said:
In fact Shirley didn't die in Manga and the 3 movies as well... So you have to watch the entire story again not the TV series but the 3 movies before the The "lelouch of resurrection" movie.

She did die in the manga

https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/geass_re/3/

Re; manga follows TV canon the epilogue confirms this as Shirley isn't with Kallen nor is she with Milly or Rivalz in the final chapter. Sadly the later chapters of Re; are not available, but at least the chapter where it shows her dead is still there which I posted above. In the first chapter of Resurrection manga which is the sequel to Re; Miya is present in the wedding and replaces Shirley in her scenes pretty much.

https://comic.webnewtype.com/contents/geass_f/1/ (wedding manga version)

Which begs the question how did they get his body in the manga version if Shirley is dead? They haven't really said yet as they just got to the part where C.C got into the truck and departed with Lelouch from Anya's and Jeremiah's orange farm (no Shirley present again cause she is dead). Maybe this will be a plot hole that will never be explained or maybe we will get a answer next week as the second part of the newest chapter will be released.
RolokoNov 22, 2020 6:49 PM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 23, 2020 3:14 AM
Mar 2020
Roloko said:
Mezo_78 said:

She did die in the manga

Re; manga follows TV canon the epilogue confirms this as Shirley isn't with Kallen nor is she with Milly or Rivalz in the final chapter. Sadly the later chapters of Re; are not available, but at least the chapter where it shows her dead is still there which I posted above. In the first chapter of Resurrection manga which is the sequel to Re; Miya is present in the wedding and replaces Shirley in her scenes pretty much.

Which begs the question how did they get his body in the manga version if Shirley is dead? They haven't really said yet as they just got to the part where C.C got into the truck and departed with Lelouch from Anya's and Jeremiah's orange farm (no Shirley present again cause she is dead). Maybe this will be a plot hole that will never be explained or maybe we will get a answer next week as the second part of the newest chapter will be released.
Well I'm surprised that she died in manga, maybe things got twisted in my mind. But first when I saw her in last movie I thought C.C. brought her to life like Lelouch but she was already alive the whole 4 movies plot. Anyway Shirley is not that important so being dead or alive won't make a difference.
Nov 23, 2020 4:51 AM
May 2017
Mezo_78 said:
Roloko said:

She did die in the manga

Well I'm surprised that she died in manga, maybe things got twisted in my mind. But first when I saw her in last movie I thought C.C. brought her to life like Lelouch but she was already alive the whole 4 movies plot. Anyway Shirley is not that important so being dead or alive won't make a difference.
Shirley is pretty damn important considering Lelouche was trying his best to protect her from danger. If the bastard Rolo hadn't killed her out of jealousy it would have been interesting seeing her role in the resistance forces.
Nov 23, 2020 5:29 AM
Mar 2020
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Mezo_78 said:
Shirley is pretty damn important considering Lelouche was trying his best to protect her from danger. If the bastard Rolo hadn't killed her out of jealousy it would have been interesting seeing her role in the resistance forces.
It seems like you like Rolo XD
Nov 23, 2020 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
Mezo_78 said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:
It seems like you like Rolo XD

They are Tsundere for him "baka Rolo for killing my one dimensional trash shit waifu I hate him baka baka its not like I love him or anything" *blushes madly*

Well in all honestly Shirley and Ohgi are the only characters I hate in this entire overall franchise. I know they fixed the Betrayal a bit in the movies, but I still hate him. Shirley is all about Lelouch this and Lelouch that and she never grows as a character at all and only used as a tool for main character development. Her death was a shock factor only cause if her death was really important then they would've skipped over the geass massacre entirely, but instead they give us a half-ass motive this time around. So yeah she isn't an important character the first time around or in the movies. But at least her fans get a good what-if fanservice even if she is barely there in the movies.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

217 by Dekuuchiha »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

12 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.