Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2020 10:03 AM

Sep 2017
Really fun episode focusing on a single story for the first time I believe. All mangaka's are definitely lolicons lol. Also "that's a lie." It is a lie because he's actually dead so he technically didn't "disappear" or is it a lie because he's still alive. I mean if he's alive but just stopped drawing randomly I'd go ahead and call that disappearing so idk.
May 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
That subtle shades thrown at Goto-sensei at the party though lmaoo
May 30, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
"That's a lie."

That whole manga artist disappearing part with Goto's name, I'm guessing he left of his own choice and not because he lost popularity/was found out. Let's wait and see!
May 31, 2020 2:43 AM

Nov 2012
Shirase-san said:
This anime makes me laugh for the whole episode and then makes me worry towards the end.

Someone need to punch Tomaruin in the face for once like seriously.

[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/Shirase-san]

Me too. A big smile then suddenly I'm worried.

I would love to see Tomaruin in traction.
May 31, 2020 4:40 AM
Dec 2019
This was another fun episode, with a time skip part at the end. When Hime thinks the Disco ball is a chandelier was funny, and cute. I like anime which have characters that aren't sure what things are and learn. Though with that being said, when Hime says that the chandelier was Cinderella, that was just funny.

With the time skip at the end of the episode, has thrown me through a loop now. Previously I did think that it might have been quite dark as to what happened/will happen, but after that I don't know what to think.
May 31, 2020 6:47 AM
May 2020
Ashhk said:
"That's a lie" so Kakushi Goto is still alive ? so much mysteries
I don't know but i think this "lie" mean the manga project suddenly stopped so it can have mean that goto has lost or die. And ofc i don't want that
May 31, 2020 6:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rihime said:
Ashhk said:
"That's a lie" so Kakushi Goto is still alive ? so much mysteries
I don't know but i think this "lie" mean the manga project suddenly stopped so it can have mean that goto has lost or die. And ofc i don't want that
It would be really heartbreaking for such a cute anime
May 31, 2020 9:44 AM
Apr 2019
Hmmm seems they now want us to think Gotou could be alive. I still don't know what to think, yet I'm rather inclined to think he's alive. Maybe he just quit the manga industry or changed his alias and hid somewhere for some unknown reason.
Jun 1, 2020 4:04 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Hime is precious. But my favourite part of this show is hearing Kamiya Hiroshi's voice as Kakushi. I just love the way he says things, especially when he shouts "Hime!". There's just something about his voice acting that always appeals to me.

I'm so pleased I've spoiled myself on this show because it's much more relaxing to watch it without the stress of not knowing what happens.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 3, 2020 1:15 PM

Jan 2019
that cinderella was beautiful
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

Jun 14, 2020 5:54 PM

Mar 2010
I was actually really irritated when hime was taken to the other bootleg party, but thankfully goto found her asap. A pleasant episode and the ending really brings up lots of questions.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 21, 2020 9:35 PM
Mar 2019
I loved this episode and how it was similar to a comedy of errors. I did find uncomfortable how Goto implied that paedophiles could be creeping around Hime at the party. I thought that bit was unnecessary for this type of mostly light and wholesome slice of life anime.
Jul 1, 2020 9:31 PM

Feb 2017
Honestly, let 'em wring the editor's neck. He deserves it.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Jul 11, 2020 12:47 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
lmao
I was surprised to see the episode's title as Your Lie in December
Jul 21, 2020 4:27 PM

Aug 2017
Kinda boring episode, I just gave a smile, that's bad when several episodes ago I was laughing a lot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 1, 2020 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
"Mangaka should look dingy...all mangaka are just lolicons" Gotta love those jabs the authors throws here at himself and other manga authors. TomaRUIN is really a pain in the ass to deal with. Kakushi gone missing better be a lie (in december), unless they outright say it I will still believe he is around in the future... (ಥ﹏ಥ) please confirm he is still around...

Sep 8, 2020 11:00 PM

Aug 2015
The way those editors left Goto-Sensei T^T That should have been Tomaruin...plus he even took his coat..evil DX!

Not enough Nadila in the ep.

The assistants are cute as heck. When they were a fountain of tears/zombies because there would be no party X)
Nov 27, 2020 2:08 PM
Jan 2011
This episode really made me clear... The anime can't shine because of that annoying editor.... He is not funny or anything and makes anything with manga related or really, anything, really just annoying to watch (love the anime otherwise)
Mar 1, 2021 2:17 AM

Jun 2020
Tomaruin is HILARIOUS. Also I wish they amped up on the drama a little more. I mean the comedy’s pretty much a hit/miss & tho quite good & they do show their father-daughter relationship thru all these little events but it would have been a entirely different, perhaps more moving story if they went another route methinks. Still real heartwarming to watch!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 2, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2016
Seriously those ending giving more bad feelings
Dec 6, 2021 1:12 PM

Oct 2015
I like that the episode is called Your Lie in December
Remember previously the grandfather gifted Hime a Piano and said to get her piano lessons because of her mother’s talent :0
Mar 25, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2021
Fun episode as usual "Your Lie in December" reminiscent Your Lie in April but I still ain't getting the justification of these titles but rather make a meme out of it.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 1, 2022 1:50 PM
Nov 2020
It feels like something is being taken away from me at every end of each episode
Jun 17, 2022 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
Yautja said:
I'd genuinely kill this editor. What an annoying piece of shit this guy is.

It's actually quite impressive how repulsive the author made him with out doing anything ridiculous.

+1, I haven't seen such an annoying character in a long time
Oct 26, 2022 2:25 PM

Jan 2020
"Your Lie In December," was a nice title.

Otherwise; I feel like episodes have been less funny but more wholesome lately. Like it's focusing more and more on Gotou's relationship with his daughter rather than some of the absurd comedy we had in the beginning. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I guess we're building up for whatever this dramatic epilogue is going to be.

It's a lie that Gotou disappeared? What does that mean?! At this point I'm not even sure what to expect from the ending.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 23, 2022 10:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched part of this dubbed just to check it out. It's pretty good if you do choose to watch it that way. I just personally can't do dubs because it sounds fake to me. But if you don't mind it, I think this dub is quite alright.

Gotta love the "Your Lie in December" title of this episode. But that got me thinking: you never hear "Kakushigoto" being mentioned whenever your heart-breaker-style anime are discussed. Titles like Clannad After Story, Anohana, A Silent Voice, and of course Your Lie in April are among the titles that are frequently mentioned... but never "Kakushigoto". Is it just because this is not as high-profile as those other titles.. or perhaps this really is just a comedy with no heart-breaking aspects to it? Are we being baited into getting our boxes of tissues ready, and that the fact is that a truly happy ending awaits us and not a sad/bittersweet one? Dang, if that's the case, can't lie, but I'd be a bit disappointed because I've been preparing since the start to have my heart shatter into a million pieces. But you know what, that's okay. I at least now have no idea what to expect, and I'm fine with unpredictable. All I know is that they certainly ARE building up to something, and are waiting to show what they have in store for us. Something sad? Something happy? A bit of both? Whatever it is, I trust that this story will come to a satisfactory close. If nothing else, I can say that we definitely had fun along the way with all these fun and lovable characters, and also had fun anticipating what might be revealed at the end.

But wait... "DISAPPEARED"?? And it's a LIE??!!! Still barely clears anything up though. The nagging question still remains: Is Goto-sensei alive?

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 24, 2022 8:20 PM

Oct 2022
I liked the tone of the future (or present, but calling it future is cooler) scene this ep. It's not the usual sad one, it's more of a mystery. Really liked that.

And as usual, Hime's just so cute. Bonus, I really enjoyed Tomaruin's cries/screams.

May 19, 2023 5:42 PM

Oct 2022
"The manga artist who disappeared", I'm beyond confused at this point. Goto probably stopped drawing manga, it's kinda hard to believe he actually died. Hopefully I'm not wrong.
May 23, 2023 10:36 AM

Aug 2019
just makes her sit down and she is so cute just sitting there(see pic).
so in the present the father has "disappeared" which could mean that he disappeared as a manga artist or that he literally disappeared though from aogus reaction its the latter

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2023 7:51 AM
Dec 2019
That Tomaruin manages to annoy me more than some serial killers / bad guys in other anime, I hope he gets what he deserves...
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Mar 2014
Reply to Psi18c
This episode really made me clear... The anime can't shine because of that annoying editor.... He is not funny or anything and makes anything with manga related or really, anything, really just annoying to watch (love the anime otherwise)
@Psi18c Exactly, after 2 years I wanted to come back to it (I stopped at episode 9), but watching it annoys me so much because of that editor, that it's really hard to get through the episodes where he appears. Top 5 most annoying characters in anime and he's not even a villain. The rating of this anime has fallen heavily because of him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by CaseDiagram »»
Feb 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - May 21, 2020

93 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 2, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2020

111 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Jun 11, 2020

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.