Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2020 9:14 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a great one-shot :)

I first saw an image of the "Wow, you're ugly" panel online, and I was curious enough to try and find which manga it was. After bugging @Denji to add it to the database, here we are!

I like how the teacher would hold the MC's hair sometimes to try to get him to calm down lol. There were a lot of small details like that in this that were cute. I could see this getting serialized, but I would hope that if serialized, the MC x Teacher relationship wouldn't be forever teased.

I'm curious what others thought of this!
p r o f i l e šŸ‘€
May 25, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
Wasn't really interested in this whatsoever tbh. Art was alright but I didn't like the story and characters whatsoever for this one shot, which is a shame.
May 25, 2020 4:54 AM
Nov 2018
That was really entertaining, slightly darker variation of SNS Creators Style is looking very good, characters are a bit predictable and we dont know much about the story so i wont judge but im looking forward to serialization.
May 25, 2020 5:20 AM
May 2019
The story did not really keep me all that hooked, though I did enjoy the art, especially on certain pages.
May 25, 2020 5:21 AM

Dec 2019
It was more than decent, and it definitely has room for growth. It's not anything new though, and pales in comparison to manga of the same grapevine like Demon Slayer or Chainsaw Man. In the case it does get serialized I hope the side characters grow in importance as well.
May 25, 2020 9:17 AM

Feb 2012
Story was pretty uninteresting. Even Saeki's godly art can't uplift it. Tsukuda said he is already preparing a new series, so I hope it's something else and Saeki is on-board again.
May 25, 2020 1:07 PM
Oct 2016
I thought it was a pretty decent concept and the artwork is crazy good. I'd like to see this serialized just to see where the story could possibly go, if this was only a low level haunt I can imagine that a high-level one could probably take out buildings or a city block. Hopefully they cut back on the MC scouting out little kids as potential spouses and push a relationship between him and the teacher but we'll see.
May 25, 2020 6:48 PM

Jan 2015
I was hoping I would like it better than Shokugeki no Souma since it's not food related. But again, the story wasn't very interesting, it was nothing new. The way the MC interacts with the student made me a little uncomfortable, and I also despise stories focused on wealthy families and noble lineages and whatnot that was also a thing in Shokugeki. I do like that they touch on the stress high school kids go through, though.

As usual, tosh's art is great, but Tsukuda's story is subpar. Of all the problems, the MC picking up school girls is definitely the worst, though.
May 26, 2020 3:20 AM

Sep 2017
well that was pretty meh to okay i guess, hope for more better story in the future
May 26, 2020 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Art is awesome as always, but the story...it's just bad and boring. I've seen stories like this thousand times before. Regret wasting time on this.
May 27, 2020 1:47 AM

Sep 2016
Really interesting one-shot!
The main characters are enjoyable, the story althought kinda similar to Hell Teacher Nube is pretty decently fun and the art (like Saeki-san's previous work Food Wars) is pretty good. Didn't know if he would be good at drawing monsters since the guy is to have been drawing
hentai doujins, but am impressed! I like his monster designs. They were pretty spooky in my opinion. Wouldn't mind if the one-shot to be serialized. We rarely get any horror shounens in Shonen Jump.
May 27, 2020 10:25 PM
Feb 2020
This one shot is worth readingšŸ˜‰
May 31, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2018
That was good not better than Food Wars but still enough and I've got another version of Nakiri Erina to see.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jun 3, 2020 8:49 AM

Jan 2011
About what I expected. I like the art.
Jul 27, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Still better than Yabuki's new manga, you can tell Jump chose between this and the other to get serialized
Sep 7, 2020 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
Wow this was awful. Hopefully the artist goes solo or pairs up with a more competent writer, it's a waste of his talent to stick with this hack.
:3
Jan 7, 2021 10:15 PM
Sep 2019
The art is good and an interesting story...
If this get serialized I'm reading it for sure... 8/10
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.