Forum Settings
Forums

Yoshiyuki Asai Directs 'Kamisama ni Natta Hi' TV Anime

New
May 24, 2020 8:12 AM
Jul 2018

A special program held on Sunday for the previously announced Kamisama ni Natta Hi (The Day I Became a God) TV anime announced the director and cast for the heroine, Hina: Yoshiyuki Asai and Ayane Sakura, respectively. The collaborative anime of Key, Aniplex, and P.A. Works, will premiere in October this year.

Continuing the companies' collaborative project that began with Angel Beats!, Asai will return to helm the direction of Kamisama ni Natta Hi after his work on Charlotte. Sakura was also in-charge of portraying the heroine in Charlotte, Nao Tomori.

The special documentary episode featuring Key and the series' original creator Jun Maeda introducing the becoming of the anime will also broadcast on May 31 on ABC TV and Metele (Nagoya Broadcasting Network).

Source: PR Times
VindstotMay 24, 2020 9:52 AM
May 24, 2020 8:28 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I have high hopes for this one~!^^
May 24, 2020 8:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
My expectations for it are low now. Asai has done nothing good so far imo.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 24, 2020 9:02 AM
Jul 2017
Looks like the priestess girl from Goblin Slayer.
May 24, 2020 9:10 AM

Mar 2015
Oh well, hopefully he does better this time.
May 24, 2020 9:35 AM
Apr 2016
Still sad, still in the corner.
Re:formed
May 24, 2020 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
After Charlotte, I'm little bit worried about this one, but still hopeful.
May 24, 2020 10:26 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oh boy... I had watched Charlotte some time before this anime was announced and thought it was... just fine. I didn't know how to feel about Nao Tomori and some of the characters got annoying before the halfway point, but Charlotte still had some good ideas and it was better than a couple of other similar shows I could name (cough cough Beyond the Boundary cough).

I'm still looking forward to watching this, but I guess I shouldn't expect it to be another Angel Beats, huh?
May 24, 2020 10:29 AM

Nov 2009
That's... the opposite of great news. Will still watch it but not expecting much after Charlotte.
May 24, 2020 11:55 AM
Sep 2017
I'm excited.

He did a great job on Charlotte. Can't wait!
hello
May 24, 2020 3:22 PM

May 2012
Oh no...
Let's hope he improved from his past experiences.
beep
May 24, 2020 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
Y'all act like if the director was the only one responsible for everything happening in the industry. He can do a wonderful job, but if there is something wrong elsewhere then he can do his best, he still cannot save everything.

I actually consider that his directing skills were excellent in Charlotte.
KryzakamiHrybamiMay 24, 2020 5:45 PM
May 25, 2020 7:22 AM

May 2019
Hrybami said:
Y'all act like if the director was the only one responsible for everything happening in the industry. He can do a wonderful job, but if there is something wrong elsewhere then he can do his best, he still cannot save everything.

yup you are right
infact its not his fault that Charlotte did have only 13 episode so of course its gonna be rushed
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
May 25, 2020 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
Askaa said:
Hrybami said:

yup you are right
infact its not his fault that Charlotte did have only 13 episode so of course its gonna be rushed

Charlotte felt rushed because there were a lot more contents than what we would expect from a standard 13 episodes. Actually, the anime isn't really that rushed. The episodes were all well structured with a clear goal in mind and the director successfully achieved implementing every necessary things in the episodes with fluidity and without leaving plot-holes. As a result, every scenes were significant and were enjoyable.
May 25, 2020 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
OH WTH...Charlotte, Fate/Apocrypha, and now this?

Fingers crossed that Akai really DID learn from his past mistakes, keeping expectations low for now.
May 25, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
May 25, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2019
I'm excited for this anime.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
May 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Mar 2015
Hrybami said:

For me he is kinda like a budget version of Seiji Kishii, he does what need to be done and that's pretty much all you can expect from him.

Outside the chase sequence of the first episode the whole anime is too plain, nothing really stands out as "Wow, that's so good"(talking about storyboards).
May 25, 2020 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
It's funny how people are so quick to bash on the director for his "past mistakes" as if you know everything the guy ever did and was ever responsible for.
What exactly are his past mistakes? None of the series mentioned on this thread had production delays, incompetent production or budget issues.
As someone who actually took the time to look up all the projects he's worked on I'm really looking forward to see how this one turns out.
He's been working with P.A.Works ever since True Tears (2008) as an ED and did the storyboard for many emotionally-packed series (Tari Tari, NagiAsu, Rewrite, Angel Beats) so in my opinion this is quite the safe directing pick.

lezerman said:
Outside the chase sequence of the first episode the whole anime is too plain, nothing really stands out as "Wow, that's so good"(talking about storyboards).

Incidentally, the storyboards from Angel Beats credited to him on ANN are from episode 5, that episode with the flying school chairs and Yui's first performance as the lead for GirlDeMo.
I thought that was a really good episode.
May 25, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
xbobx said:
It's funny how people are so quick to bash on the director for his "past mistakes" as if you know everything the guy ever did and was ever responsible for.
What exactly are his past mistakes? None of the series mentioned on this thread had production delays, incompetent production or budget issues.
As someone who actually took the time to look up all the projects he's worked on I'm really looking forward to see how this one turns out.
He's been working with P.A.Works ever since True Tears (2008) as an ED and did the storyboard for many emotionally-packed series (Tari Tari, NagiAsu, Rewrite, Angel Beats) so in my opinion this is quite the safe directing pick.

lezerman said:

Incidentally, the storyboards from Angel Beats credited to him on ANN are from episode 5, that episode with the flying school chairs and Yui's first performance as the lead for GirlDeMo.
I thought that was a really good episode.

Wow really? that episode was so well crafted, Angel Beats had a lot of good moments overall but of the comedy ones this is the one who stands out the most.

But anyway, this show is shaping to be the absolute reverse of Angel Beats/Charlotte, a simple anime with a simple story, so hopefully with something more simple and plain they feel better about trying to create something more memorable?, can't wait for the first trailer.
May 26, 2020 12:57 AM

Nov 2018
I haven't liked anything Key has written and Yoshiyuki Asai hasn't directed anything good so I have no expectations for this.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
May 26, 2020 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
I might be the only person that's rather indifferent with this one.

Given the director's track record you'd think I cared enough as much as others given how everyone is critical of him, but admittedly he has done some good. The problem however wasn't the director himself specifically, but the lack of time to structure the story efficiently.

Really I'd put my eyes on Maeda more in this case. That isn't without my mixed expectations however. Cautiously optimistic for this no doubt about it, but we will see how that will go.

The only thing I'm hoping is that it doesn't turn into a iffy experience like Planetarian I have a very strong opinion on that series

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.