Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's like straight out of a fantasy book, literally. It feels like an otome fantasy in a fantasy.

Definitely had some humorous moments like with the cookie scene Katarina had some noticable character chemistry with the main cast, in particular Sofia. They've become really close friends now. The dance scene was okay. Katarina kept her character in tact even under that mask.
Stark700May 23, 2020 10:44 AM
May 23, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2018
Catalina was heading to the library in the east building to find a reference book, and on the way, she joined ordinary people and worked hard to study. When she opened the book that caught attention, a dazzling light overflowed from the book and was swallowed along with the Giords. Escaped from the light, Mary and Maria opened a frightening book and searched for captive Catalina.

I was interested in Catarina who was wearing a white dress, even though Catarina was trapped she felt that she would be saved by her friends.

May 23, 2020 10:55 AM

Jan 2017
Bro Alan has always been my favorite and YOOOOOOO THAT POST CREDITS SCENE LMAO
May 23, 2020 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
I love how when everyone else was saying they’d accompany Bakarina to the library, Nicol doesn’t say anything and it just cuts to him joining in lol.

Seeing everyone’s inner desires get acted out within the book was hilarious. Particularly enjoyed Sophia and Nicol’s. Mary’s traumatised after having to see all of that, poor thing

Cute Alan and Katarina moment to end the episode, Mary putting her cockblocking skills on full display. She and Keith are competing for the award 😂

Great episode as usual, funny, fun and fast. Excited for next week’s adventures
May 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
I'm pretty much at loss about who should be shipped with katarina, I think she should just enjoy her sweets instead of dealing with all these relationships lolz.

The screenshot at the end felt odd. First time seeing that without some Segue.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
So most of the main cast got trapped in a book that displays their desires. It was funny how they all felt embarrassed about it.
Poor Mary she got traumatised because of it.

May 23, 2020 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Reminds me of that one cardcaptor Sakura episode honestly haha.

But Sophia's scene...Pretty much confirming all of them want her so badly haha.
May 23, 2020 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
Katarina's stomach has always been the tool to progress in the story and this time it was the solution to defeat that magical book, Alan is my favorite of the guys to end up with her, super exited for the next episode with that tease and I thought Sophia only love her as a friend but she also wants a piece of that cutiepie

Rasco said:
I'm pretty much at loss about who should be shipped with katarina, I think she should just enjoy her sweets instead of dealing with all these relationships lolz.

The screenshot at the end felt odd. First time seeing that without some Segue.

Unlike with every other single harem this time I wouldn't be mad if it ends with Katarina just enjoying her life with the rest.
KanameYuukiMay 23, 2020 11:11 AM
May 23, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Does this count as an isekaiception? No? Ok, I know my way out.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 23, 2020 11:16 AM

May 2014
Probably the funniest episode since it was just isekai-within-isekai hijinks, all of it was anime exclusive stuff except the last scene
Alan totally got the best scene although poor Mary was getting NTRed throughout the entire episode lol

TBH as much as I like the lighthearted fluff stuff, I wish they had spent all of this extra run time on the source material... like, the first couple episodes were pretty rushed but now they're just putting filler. It makes me worried in that there's only 4 episodes left to do the judgement stuff and the dark twist.
krzywasabiMay 23, 2020 11:28 AM
May 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
el_morris said:
Does this count as an isekaiception? No? Ok, I know my way out.

Thought the same lmao, when they make an isekai inside an isekai.
I like girls with horns
May 23, 2020 11:18 AM
Sep 2015
Glad that this episode is back to 'everybody loves Katarina'.
Nice music at after credit scene though.
May 23, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
Well, if I were them, I'd surely have a hard time showing my face... but oh well, until next time. And it's weird Catarina hardly cares now she's out of the book (and I won't be surprised if she worries again next episode of the doom flags)

May 23, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty funny episode, Mary really suffered a lot XD. Also looks like Mary can't interfere much longer, Alan's gonna realise his feelings soon.
May 23, 2020 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
been a 10 for me since the start, but after so much filler from a 12 episode tv series i'm not so sure anymore
May 23, 2020 11:39 AM
Jul 2019
Isekai inside of an isekai.
May 23, 2020 11:45 AM

Oct 2014
> Deliberately not showing Alan's desire only to show a romanticized version of it later.
> Freeze panel at the end of the episode.

I would have loved the anime to choose a winner even if it's an og anime (since S2 is hard even with the anime's fame rn),
but it's prob setup for next episode Alan episode, right?
May 23, 2020 11:52 AM

Oct 2008
Darn, the first episode that disappointed me. We already know that they're all obsessed over her, so this literally didn't add anything to the story or even their character development...

And now we have to wait for another week...
May 23, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2010
Mary is getting more and more annoying

didn't expect the shy Sophia go all bad boy and trap Katarina against a bookshelf

loved the last scene with Alan and Katarina climbing a tree - very heartwarming (even though AlanxKatarina isn't my favourite ship)
May 23, 2020 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Another anime original episode. But i found it funny so all good. Lol when Nicole joined the trip to the library and said nothing xD

Ah! The short skit at the end is from volume 5 the sidestory collection volume. It's very earlier on in the book... it's Allans monologue about how he would never have experienced something like walking barefoot on the grass or seeing the view of the sunset from a tree branch if he hadn't met Katarina.

It was a good chapter.
duderusMay 23, 2020 12:24 PM

May 23, 2020 12:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm working on crops in order to clear one's head huh. Mary is quite find of Katarina it seems. Seeing her reactions change as her plan buckles sure was amusing. Still to think that they will end up being sucked inside a book though. It was interesting seeing what each of Kat's allies desires was though. Figures that Katarina's desire was to eat but it was still funny seeing seeing her try to eat a house. Overall a fun little adventure that managed to flesh out Mary's character by introducing her focus which is her crush on Kat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2020 12:15 PM

Jul 2016
DAMN SOPHIA BEAT THE MARY HUNT AND EVERYONE ELSE TO IT.
GIRL AIN'T PLAYING NO MORE
May 23, 2020 12:15 PM
May 2015
That was funny, though it felt like something suited for an OVA.

Mary knows about her competition now. All her reactions are hilarious, especially the last one with Alan.

Maria doesn't seem too worried though.

I liked Nicol's gondola fantasy the most out of them all. And the scene in the tree with Alan and Catarina is itself pretty.
May 23, 2020 12:23 PM
May 2017
Giordo is one horny kiddo
May 23, 2020 12:34 PM
Feb 2013
This episode was really bad. Like beach episode levels of garbage. Like the comment 2 above said, this is more suited for an OVA than taking up 1/12 the entire season's runtime.

Very strongly disliked this episode.
May 23, 2020 12:42 PM

Feb 2009
Best boy Alan is the only one that gets to live out his fantasy in real life haha, poor Mary...

I love that Giordo and Keith were the ones that went straight after intimacy/sex desires while Sophia and Nicol had more romantic ideas in mind. I love them all I dunno who to ship!!

May 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Nov 2018
It's interesting that we got to see everyone's inner desires from that magic book which is already in an otome game world.

I like how when everybody was going to the library that Nicol just went with Bakarina without saying a word. Also, Nicol's desire was the one I liked the best.

The scene at the end with Alan and throughout this whole episode just shows how much Mary is willing to cockblock so she can have Catarina all too her self. Can't wait for episode 9.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 23, 2020 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Another hilarious episode! I loved it when Sophia went crazy over Catarina, kabedon included lmao. That creepy Keith too lol.

I was already aware of Mary's big rack but I found them especially alluring in this episode. I mean... DAMN! Mary was great today.

Alan continues being the best of the guys. And I would have liked to see Mary and Maria's fantasies.
May 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Jan 2020
Now I kinda want to see how an isekai inception show would turn out.
May 23, 2020 2:31 PM

May 2019
Nice fanservice episode but I wish we saw Mary and Maria's desires as well. Nicol's desire was the most cheesy one lol

The after-credits scene was brilliant.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 23, 2020 2:50 PM
Jan 2017
This wasn't a bad episode by any means, I just think it was little more than an excuse to put the characters in as many wacky situations as possible. Sure, we see some progress in Katarina's relationship with Alan, but other than that, this episode was done for comedy purposes.
May 23, 2020 2:57 PM

Oct 2017
This episode pretty much confirms this show isn't having a conclusion whatsoever. We have reached the point that every episode consists on everybody wanting to bang Catarina, something that has been already established since episode 4.

There is almost no character development, the show doesn't go anywhere.

It's still enjoyable but kinda repetitive.
May 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Oct 2008
i guess Catarina's love for her sweets is nothing compared to anyone else!
that sucked in to a book feels like inception isekai...wherein you are already in an isekai then sucked-off to another deeper isekai! lolz!
5/5.

May 23, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
Mary was easily the highlight of this episode. Wow, did Alan jump to the front of the harem just like that? If I didn't know Bakarina any better you'd have thought there was a kiss scene incoming or some romantic development. It's a little progress but I'll take it since Mary and Alan are my favorites. I like them all though.
May 23, 2020 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
This show is just going down the hill tbh . Nothing happens for the last 4 episodes. No progression in characters or plot. A slight reveal that one of her old friends might also be reincarnated and a shadow in a background but nothing substantial . It's like watching an episode of Friends but without anything funny happening.
May 23, 2020 3:14 PM

Jun 2013
Axemable said:
This episode pretty much confirms this show isn't having a conclusion whatsoever. We have reached the point that every episode consists on everybody wanting to bang Catarina, something that has been already established since episode 4.

There is almost no character development, the show doesn't go anywhere.

It's still enjoyable but kinda repetitive.

I agree.

The best part of this whole anime was the first 3-4 episodes before the timeskip .
May 23, 2020 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
Mary stole the episode with her hilarious overreactions she had on the "desires" in that booK! However Catarina who became thicc like a balloon was priceless!
May 23, 2020 3:38 PM

Jan 2019
From my recollections of the light novels, Sophia didn't lust after Katarina the way the rest of the characters did. She was focused on trying to set her up with Nicol. Seeing her lust for Katarina seemed out of place, especially since it was shortly after showing that she is the reincarnation of Katarina's friend from Earth. It kind of cheapens the moving flashback sequence that we saw in the last episode that focused on how much A-chan cherished her as a friend.
May 23, 2020 3:50 PM
Nov 2019
I wish they'd stuck to the source material - these two anime only episodes are far too weak to carry the story.

The Sophia bit was just wrong as she's a-chan and it contradicts last weeks backstory. They also seem to have completely forgotten about the dark magic from last week.
May 23, 2020 4:23 PM
Aug 2017
Uhhhh... Why did they put the trapped in a book filler arc from Yandere Otome Game into this anime?
Y'all getting your light novels mixed up with this adaptation.
May 23, 2020 4:33 PM

Nov 2016
Was not really a good episode tbh, but I can definitely symphatize with Katharina's desire. I mean, who wouldn't love to indulge oneself in an enormous dopamine rush from all the sugar.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2020 4:41 PM
Feb 2017
bakarina with mary or marie is my fav ship, so its make me sad how everyone had his romantic moment with bakarina except the ones i ship her
May 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Nov 2013
I wonder if the Student Council President also has a role to play... or if he recommended the East Library because he knew about the magic book.

Interesting ending as well, I wonder if they're hinting at a KatarinaxAlan ship.
May 23, 2020 5:08 PM
Nov 2019
I love how it was like an Isekai, within an Isekai!! Also this was a great opportunity to see each character spending time alone with Catarina. Now Bakarina must know everyone loves her. Right? Right??? Probably not XD. I really enjoyed this episode, I especially loved Nikola's desire with him jumping across rooftops carrying Catarina hahha 🤣
K_Ali_K said:
Bro Alan has always been my favorite and YOOOOOOO THAT POST CREDITS SCENE LMAO
This scene was too cute he was so embarrassed but awww. Mary was not happy tho XD
May 23, 2020 5:15 PM

Oct 2007
I like the twins in the storybook. Sophia so kawaii when becoming aggressive, and can Nicol jump like that for real. I guess with magic he might be able to?

That tree climbing scene with Alan at the end is so romantic! This is my ship for Katarina on the male side. Glad to see a bit of it. :D
May 23, 2020 5:39 PM

Dec 2013
This episode definitely felt like filler but it was enjoyable filler.

Mary's reactions to all of the desires had me in tears lol

Of course Katarina's desires would have her eating sweets...

The ending scene with Katarina and Alan was surprisingly cute.
May 23, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2015
Nice episode, seeing everyone desires was pretty funny and how Mary reacts to all of them. I wonder which is Keith desire, feeding Katarina?

Also I didn't thought Mary will try so hard to not let Alan get more interested in Katarina.
May 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Sep 2017
It's not really the same thing, however it struck me how much the OST playing when Maria and Mary find the book sounds like "In the blind" from Made in Abyss
May 23, 2020 5:46 PM
Dec 2018
I was screaming throughout the episode, that wasn't in the Light Novel or even in the manga, like seriously when they put the first page of the book I yell "NOOO!" then with Keith part and all of it I cover my eyes because I was embarrassed, yep I was like Mary all this entire time

saifors said:
Uhhhh... Why did they put the trapped in a book filler arc from Yandere Otome Game into this anime?
Y'all getting your light novels mixed up with this adaptation.

Danm I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who read that manga, at least they don't put the "cage" here like with Lycoris because that will be fucking stupid -_-', if this receive good credit, chances are that works like It seems like I got reincarnated into the world of yandere otome game, Fiancée's observation lof of the Self proclaimed Villainess or The villainess is adored by the crown prince of the neighboring kingdom will get an anime adaptation.

Edit: I forgot to say this but I think Cata and Kirby will get along because they love food.

Edit 2: forgot to say too but it was a nice episode, still I hope they get to the main plot.
HelaLoveMay 24, 2020 7:03 AM
May 23, 2020 5:50 PM

Apr 2007
Alan really is the best. My pure boy <3 I'm glad they included a scene for him in the beginning and end of the episode since his part in the book was skipped. Though he apparently only played the piano lmao

Besides those parts though, I could have done without the episode. I agree with others here, this was a waste and I'd like to get back to the story :v
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

163 by bt7244 »»
Apr 8, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

124 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

129 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.