Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 26, 2021 4:35 PM

Jul 2019
cchigu said:
LordSozin said:
I find the finale to be a little detached. The series kind of ended with not much of an emotional climax that I was expecting. All good moments came before the final 2 episodes or so.

All in all, it's a good series. It had its themes, emotional resonances, and character progressions. Beside some repetitive tropes, it's a solid 7/10 finale. I can understand why people give this series a 10. It's definitely unique in a sense with its presentations. Aria as a whole is probably my top 20 series of all time now.
People don't give the origination a 10 because of its presentations or its uniqueness or whatever label you want to put on it. The reason why people give the Origination a 10 is simply that the ending is very emotionally powerful. Just that.

Well, that's that. But ain't enough in my book at least.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 26, 2021 5:12 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
LordSozin said:
cchigu said:
People don't give the origination a 10 because of its presentations or its uniqueness or whatever label you want to put on it. The reason why people give the Origination a 10 is simply that the ending is very emotionally powerful. Just that.

Well, that's that. But ain't enough in my book at least.
That is exactly why I made the comment. Many of us aren’t really looking for a particular reason for justifying why we consider a show a masterpiece.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 30, 2021 11:37 AM
Apr 2020
just wow. What a grand conclusion. fckin crying rn. undeniably one of my all time favourite anime now.
this anime really taught me a very important lesson, that life moves on, to hold onto every precious memory.
Nov 26, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2020
I wish it didn't end :(

"May a breeze carrying new beginnings reach you"

..the makers of this show are such good people that want to spread good feelings, that was so lovely at the end..

The past few episodes were so emotional, nostalgic. I was overwhelmed when the first OP from Aria The Animation played.. I really wish it didn't end.
Nov 27, 2021 7:18 AM

Sep 2021
TOTALLY 11/10 UGH.
I wish they made it a 2 cour series like Natural.
And wish they played Rainbow at the end.

A very unique story that's very relaxing.

Thank you Amano-sensei for Aria.

Ara ara Alicia-san 💙
Dec 2, 2021 2:27 PM

May 2020
This anime is the definition of slice of life and iyashikei for me. The ending was so superb. Even with the only ending, this season deserves a 10/10 imo.

Thank you Amano Kozue for this awesome anime and everyone who works for it <3

If u liked aria then u can try to watch natsume book of friends. It has the same feelings with totally different world.
May 1, 2022 9:19 PM

Mar 2018
One of the best anime I've ever seen, everything that has built up paid off in this episode; I was crying the whole time.

Akari's first customer was Mr. Postman! Glad to see that he's still around, even if he isn't Mr. Postman anymore.

Alicia's retirement was so sad, especially when she got off the gondola, but her passing on the oar to Akari was a nice touch. There was also the bit earlier in the episode when Akari thought Alicia left her for good, man...

The faded memories in the household of all the good times, but like all things you must move forward to the future!

Grown-up Akari is so pretty, reminiscent of Alicia, with Ai!!

10/10
Jun 19, 2022 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
This season is such an upgrade. both from a production value and writing quality standpoints.
Overall, Aria was a pleasure. which is unexpected as i'm not into "healing" anime. remarkable how the gimmicks, dynamics and interactions of the characters never gets boring throughout the series.

9/10
Jun 27, 2022 3:28 AM

Oct 2019
WTF, who did Alicia marry? like what?
Man, this was such a nice season. I was tearing up when it came to things like them getting promoted. Been quite the ride. I picked up s2 weeks ago and now im finishing up s3.
I really had a great time and Im not afraid to give this a 10/10
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 28, 2022 3:08 AM
Jun 2021
Finished on 27/7/22

This ending single-handedly decreased my emotional stability by 50%
9/10

Seriously though, the only word I deem fitting for this show is 'wonderful', because I have never watched something so full of wonders. This anime also made me cry during a story (of any kind) for the very first time, so it easily gets a spot in my top 10 favourites.

It was a beautiful journey. Thank you, Aria
Feb 11, 2023 5:42 AM

Jul 2021
It's sad to see Alicia resigning from aria company, especially seeing Akari expressing her feeling to Alicia, at least Alicia left there with a smile. The scene where the first opening got played got my eyes teary ;-;

I understand why people like this series as a whole, good character progression, nice character interaction, wonderful world building, and memorable ost, it'll be so much better experience if i didn't have a huge gap watching between every series and episodes.

Origination was definitely one of the best finale in any SoL anime i've ever watched.
Feb 15, 2023 3:46 PM

Mar 2021
Currently crying. 10/10
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Feb 19, 2023 4:06 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Not gonna cry
NOT GONNA CRY

FUCK, I CRIED

The pure joy that this series has brought in these difficult times is undescribible. From each line talking about Neo Venezia's beautiful atmosphere, to their citizens and the passing of life, it all got reflected in this final episode. Alice's surprising retirement and marriage, Akari heartwarming goodbye to her, even the last scene with Ai all grown up with her uniform, it was certainly a bless to my soul to see. I'm so happy I was able to give this recommendation a shot.

Now, the season overall was to me the best one, hands down. Even if the animation didn't make a big step up and some episode came a bit slow (the earlier ones), the details surrounding Aqua, the character development and relationships and the abundance of songs mostly made up for it. In fact, the moment it made me cry I knew this was something special and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the content now.

Bless
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 8, 2023 2:20 PM

May 2021
A huge emotional trip
Inhales oxygen
Aug 10, 2023 1:42 PM
Dec 2020
it was really good i am almsot cry
Aug 21, 2023 6:54 AM

Dec 2020
My heart. My feelers.
So while it was sudden for us. Alicia post poned everything including Akaris promotion just to keep life as it is for a bit longer.

I know the show is focused on Akari but it would've been nice to see who Alicia was marrying. The future glimpse was lovely with the cycle continuing with Ai.

Loved the line where she mentioned how she thought they were all on the same path but it was more their own path going similar directions.

More story, upped animation, lack of mystical elements this season. Overall loved it
Aug 31, 2023 2:57 PM

May 2015
This was one of the best pieces of media I've ever seen. So much happiness, so much magic and fantasy it given to me.

Thank you Aria, for make my life better.
Jan 6, 9:50 PM

Jul 2019
The last 2 episodes completely move mountains ~ it's close to impossible to feel so happy and sad at the same time. This is the benchmark for coming of age and iyashikei stories. I damn shed more than a couple tears.

9.5/10
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Oct 2018
I love the atmosphere and soundtrack. But this is not a Shounen anime. It's shoujo trying to be Shounen anime.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.