Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion

Jun 15, 2016 12:29 PM

Goodbye alicia-san 😢

Jun 15, 2016 3:44 PM

9/10 each season got better than the previous season it was pretty surprising seeing Alicia getting married and Athena changing careers, the Aria company is never going to grow since they all leave. Also nice to see best girl Alice referred to as the "Legendary Prima".

A couple of minor gripes I had was Cait Sith never appeared in this season though I didn't like the supernatural parts that much anyway. I also felt the Akiari-Alicia relationship wasn't developed that much at least compared to the other 2 though the ova helped with this.

I would of liked to see more Akatsuki as well especially since it's hinted that he had feelings for Akari at the end and there was no real conclusion to that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 5, 2016 9:26 AM

This with episode 9 were the best episodes of Aria, It was a sad but lovely ending to the journey, Loved it.

Overall: I liked this season the most, it had better sounds better animation and better character development, however i didn't really care for the story, it was a nice peaceful journey, but far from a masterpiece imo.
With the exception of episode 1,9,13 which deserves a 9/10 score, all the other episodes were pretty average.
I know the series is the 3rd in the franchise and its not popular so that's the reason for its high rating, it is imo overrated.

My Final Score: 6.7/10

Jul 11, 2016 12:23 PM

There's no one else is could have been but Ai-chan~
❀桜舞う空~        @ping me for anime clarifications.        CosmoGenesis Project

Jul 16, 2016 11:19 AM

after 8 years done watching this, rewatch for nostalgia, and i realize in the last epsd, in the end Atora and Anzu still single.

Oct 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Akari crying makes me cry (or at the very least tear up). That was a really beautiful episode the whole way through and I'm glad I stuck through with it to the end. At the moment this is my favourite slice-of-life anime, and before I thought I wasn't a fan of the genre!

Dec 3, 2016 6:51 PM
this episode... this episode... it got me right in the feels just by this episode the show deserves 10... damn i am so sad i could cry right now... Akari grew up to be so beautifull... Alicia leaving :((( oh my god... cant put it in words

Jan 6, 2017 7:09 PM

Most satisfying ending to anything ever.

I cried a lot.

Jan 9, 2017 3:27 AM

This episode was too damn perfect!
It was really hard keeping myself from crying.
Aicia retired and she will get married, but we didn't see her husband.
Athena is a opera singer now.
Akira is the only one who is still a Prima.
Ai-chan came to Aria Company, kinda expected.
Akari is exactly like Alicia now!

Feb 10, 2017 9:25 PM

eldest said:

you could also watch the picture drama, its kind of silly overall, but the 7th episode is actually quite good. it takes place after akaris ending monologue, but before ai joins aria company.

WHAT?! Okay, now I'm definitely watching those picture dramas!

Edit: I've seen the 7th episode from the picture drama. It's very very good, if you love Aria like me then you'll love that particular episode. The other episodes are more side-stories so feel free to skip them if you don't feel like watching it or don't like the presentation style. I still recommend watching all of the picture dramas as it's more story with audio! <3

As for this episode and overall series. 10/10.

Overall series:

There are many flaws but god damn do they never detract my enjoyment of this series. I don't think I've ever had a moment where I've had a criticism affect my opinion of the show whether it be others or my own. This is how much I love this show, willing to overlook the flaws for its pros. Of course, this makes me bias and you're god damn right about that. This series really shaped me as a person and my worldview since I picked this show up when I was at my very lowest point in my life. While I haven't fully embedded all of its lessons, it still affected me as an individual regardless.

This ending really outclassed every anime I've seen. The overall effect from this series was so great that it outshines Clannad AS for me (Clannad AS is great, Aria just did a splendid job). It took me two whole years to finish this series from watching the first episode of Animation on YouTube. A long journey, I'm very glad to have taken it extremely slow.

Okay, the final episode:

Planning to rewatch this series again later with the DVDs by Rightstuf, I hope it's just as good. Also, can't wait to watch Avvenire and the Picture dramas, then I'll read the manga to see what was missed.

This will sound corny for what I will say next probably. The story of Aria may have ended for the audience, but in that world it still continues regardless. In a way, this show is saying goodbye to its cast but also to the audience as well. The world in Aria is moving onto a new chapter and all of us as viewers are moving onto a new chapter as well.

Thank you for everybody that contributed to the production of Aria and the anime (manga, music artists, animators, directors, producers, etc.). Truly one of the best experiences I've had. I'll never forget this show. It's sketched into my life and I'll always look fondly on these past memories.
Modified by FestivalsOfComfy, Feb 24, 2017 10:15 PM

Feb 11, 2017 6:28 PM

FestivalsOfComfy said:
Thank you for everybody that contributed to the production of Aria and the anime (manga, music artists, animators, directors, producers, etc.). Truly one of the best experiences I've had. I'll never forget this show. It's sketched into my life and I'll always look fondly on these past memories.

It's sad that the studio that made this masterpiece is no more.

Feb 11, 2017 6:43 PM

CzeroC said:
FestivalsOfComfy said:

It's sad that the studio that made this masterpiece is no more.

While the studio may be gone, the people that made it up are apparently still around as they made Avvenire. Still kind of sad but I'm pretty sure they're all proud to have helped create this masterpiece.

Feb 12, 2017 12:36 AM

@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy
They merged with another animation studio:
Hal Film Maker's parent company, TYO Inc., merged its two anime studio subsidiaries—Yumeta Company and Hal Film Maker—on July 1, 2009. Yumeta Company absorbed Hal Film Maker and changed its name to TYO Animations.

Feb 12, 2017 1:42 AM

mozgow said:
@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy
Hal Film Maker's parent company, TYO Inc., merged its two anime studio subsidiaries—Yumeta Company and Hal Film Maker—on July 1, 2009. Yumeta Company absorbed Hal Film Maker and changed its name to TYO Animations.

Thanks for that info but i've known that for a while. To me once they merged, HFM is considered no more, as the studio has been "mixed". The result is that the latest edition of Aria, which is Avvernie, doesn't share the same trait with that of the main series when HFM was independent. It was quite dissapointing to me, not that it is bad, it just doesn't on the same level with the old Aria.

Feb 13, 2017 5:47 PM

mozgow said:
@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy

Ooooh interesting, I've known they merged but not known the exact details. Thanks for the info!

Apr 4, 2017 10:14 PM

I'm so happy, I want to DIE.

Apr 11, 2017 4:40 AM

I CRIED LIKE A BITCH, I FUCKING CRIED LIKE A MUTHAFUCKIN BITCH. MY PILLOW IS SOAKED.

May 2, 2017 10:04 PM
Outstanding series to watch...it's a favorite now for sure!

Jun 7, 2017 7:53 AM

Alicia is going to marry someone... what? How?
Who's this man? I'll beat him back to sense.. how dare he marry Alicia! xD

Why every good things must come to the end really fast :(
Aria is truly a wonderful anime, I'll miss this anime a lot
Okay me. Time to move on!

But I don't want to :(

Where can I find Mars that full of water?
Can anyone help me find it? xD
Modified by Rayl1ght, Jun 7, 2017 8:37 PM
"Signature removed"

Jun 7, 2017 8:55 AM

Ray_Light said:
Why every good things must come to the end really fast :(
Aria is truly a wonderful anime, I'll miss this anime a lot
Okay me. Time to move on!

But I don't want to :(

Where can I find Mars that full of water?
Can anyone help me find it? xD
It's not the definitive end, unless you've already seen Aria The Avvenire.

Sep 26, 2017 6:41 AM

Arachnophobic said:
I'm so happy, I want to DIE.

Great summary of my feelings right now. It was obvious that Ai was going to be Akari's apprentice from the start but it was still satisfying to see. I'm really going to miss this show, man i already do. 10/10.

Oct 30, 2017 6:58 PM

I'm speechless...

I think no superlative in my vocabulary would do this episode justice.
Following Akari and the others on their journey up to this point was an unforgettable experience, which ended on an extremely satisfying note.Great developed characters, gorgeous setting, atmosphere,music and hilarious comedy made this show a real masterpiece.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Nov 23, 2017 11:52 AM

I rated the previous seasons 7 and rated Origination 9 and added it to my favs, there was simply something magical about this season that the others didn't have. Alicia retiring is sad and Ai chan at the end there was a great tease, a bit too late to hope for a new season but would love one.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Nov 30, 2017 4:02 PM

nothing more to add and tbh words cannot express how good Aria the Origination was. The only thing I can say is that in this finale manly tears were shed.

Aria as a whole isn´t in my "best series ever", Had problems with some episodes from animation and natural, but I have to say Origination is probably one of the best series I have watched

10/10 for Origination 8.5/10 for Aria as a whole (for now atleast)

Apr 21, 2018 3:40 AM

This ep made me cry more than any other anime so far. Put it at 3rd place in my faves above FMAB and Gurren Lagann.

Sep 10, 2018 2:05 PM

I'd like to see the face of Alicia's husband.
Anyway, this show is what I wanted for a long ass time and I love it so much.

Dec 18, 2018 12:45 AM

im not crying youre the one crying
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".

Jan 10, 10:47 PM

This is #2 on my list of all time best anime series. This final episode left me feeling bittersweet-on one hand I was glad to see Akari, Alice and Aika become primas and achieve their goals. On the other hand I was sad to see this wonderful journey come to an end-the final scene with Akari's Aria Company and her new apprentice Ai made me teary eyed. I can't give this series a high enough recommendation.
Life Is Short But Intense.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]