Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2020 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, this episode's mood changed back to the humorous gags I remember. Drinking, partying, and well, it's back to the comedy again. Fan service is present as too with the swimsuits.

Hina also got quite daring lul. Licht's moments with Nana were kinda noticable while he remembers the events of the past. Honestly, that embrace was probably the highlight of the episode imo.
May 20, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like they have returned from the past. I want to know what's on Nana's mind, I see they're just getting drunk. I thought Jail would not be tempted by Nana's incitement but in the end Jail was also getting drunk. It seems like Sonohara was just watching them, even though she was a little doubtful. Actually Lyne didn't want to drink but Nana forced her, Hina recalled the naked incident with Licht but somehow Hina was a little jealous of that.

I thought it would end there, but it looks like Hina was already drunk and she became increasingly out of control, Hina felt jealous of being called a child by Licht, as a result she found out what made her look like a child. She also thought that her breasts were small compared to Lyne, Hina was teasing and stripping Lyne but Hina also did the same, she was naked but somehow this light was bothering me.
SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:28 AM
May 20, 2020 10:42 AM
Oct 2016
Past couple episodes have been feels out the wazoo so this light reprieve was something I think we needed. Lots of the same jokes from before the time travel arc but I enjoy these characters so it's fun. Nana going all out with the drinking! She nearly puts Misato to shame. Loved all the scenes with her teasing Jail, kinda lowkey ship them now, he should definitely "play" with her more. Getting all embarrassed when they showed Licht the video she made over the centuries, so adorable seeing Nana blush. Made me tear up when he apologized to her. Got really emotional seeing Licht look back on those hundreds of years with Nana thinking about how he just didn't know what to without causing her to worry. Becoming mute that whole time out of wanting to protect her. I think that's what Licht always wanted, just to protect the people he cared about. Painful how many times he failed at that as we've now seen.

Really made me laugh with all the scenes where Hina and Licht basically has role reversal. Licht clamming up while Hina wants to jump his bone. She was really persistent! Gotta appreciate the boldness and tenacity. Girl has spunk and she wants some Licht! For real though it's kinda sad to still see him pushing them all away, I think they're trying to open him back up but those scars of war are still right in the front of his mind. Loved all the swimsuit goodness! Nana omg looks so good, Lynn running around with her pudge but so cute! Looks like it's time for a downpour next episode.
May 20, 2020 11:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Best fanservice episode of this show xD great
May 20, 2020 11:20 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i love every main character in this fucking show LOL
May 20, 2020 11:53 AM

May 2018
Tsukina Farrow, that's hina's mom, so was Licth implying that he had a relationship with Hina's mom?????

Swimsuit service 2

Nice to see Nana in her underwear. Even thought her bra was suppose to be strapless.....
JiangHaoyi1979May 20, 2020 12:01 PM
May 20, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Hina is a fun drunk lmao
May 20, 2020 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
Well this episode was...unusual lol but Hell yeah I am all in for fanservice. I wonder what's up with Licht being all lovey with Hina? I guess it has something to do with her mother that's for damn sure.

Guess we'll find out next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2020
So essentially we got a fanservice episode... aside from the ending.

Please tell me this is going to happen between Hina and Licht next week.

Still shipping Pele x Lynn but will now ship Jail x Nana.
May 20, 2020 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
That episode was stupidly good lol. So much fanservice but we still got some development. Comedy was spot on too.
I wonder where that thing about Hina's mother leads.
May 20, 2020 2:16 PM

Mar 2019
Swimsuit episode, great
So we get back to the plot they set up in the very first episode
May 20, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2020
Licht has lived 300 years, but doesn't know how to take off a bra.
May 20, 2020 3:24 PM

Jun 2019
Love Hina voice acting, this seiyuu is great
May 20, 2020 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
For some strange reason, this episode makes me want to drink, even though they drink in just about every other episode.

The ending was very interesting though, hopefully learn more about it next time.
May 20, 2020 11:55 PM

Feb 2019
Plunderer girls GOATED bro https://imgur.com/a/ivi47tD

Every episode just gets better and better. Loved that we got a resolution to the 300 years worth of tension between Nana and Licht. She’s been by his side for so long and has been holding in a lot of emotion. She finally got to release that thanks to best boy, Jail. Kinda ship it btw

Really really nice to have a rather relaxing and fan servicey episode after the darkness of the past couple weeks. It makes you appreciate those fan service episodes from the first half of the series

I’m now having a hard time deciding who’s best girl between Hina, Nana and Lynn, it’s a tight race

Looks like Licht knows Hina’s mother and we’ll get some of their backstory next week. Can’t wait. People who dropped this after a couple episodes have really missed out on a really good show. The fan service is great imo and only enhances the experience.
May 21, 2020 1:16 AM
Mar 2011
I feel like this is the calm before the storm. No way did Licht have a relationship with Hina's mom considering how brooding and silent he was for so long without taking off that mask. Either she could be related to the school or he met her later and made some type of deal with her would be my guess. Or she could have fought in the war before too as a soldier and comrade.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
May 21, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
Did the studio ran out of budget or something? The art/animation quality in this episode was so fucking bad, like if they aren't even trying to animate anymore. EP10 has much better quality than this episode did (Despite that episode has over 20 animation directors). I hope they don't ruin that Douan "killing" Rihito scene in next episode.

They really went back to the slow as fuck pacing starting from next episode (Based on preview, at least), though this episode is still following the "2 chapters=1 episode" format. They really shouldn't adapt this arc and keep it for potential Season 2 instead, it seriously doesn't feel right for the anime ended at the beginning of the third arc (This arc is even longer than the first two arcs).

Aside of the reason why Sonohara "ran away" was changed and some unnecessary scenes being skipped, this episode is almost same as the manga. The only issue I have is that they skipped Nana's "dream". I know the manga is kinda stupid for the characters literally downplay that "dream" despite she saw it everyday, but still there's no reason why they should skipped it. Don't tell me they didn't adapt that scene was because it's too "spoiler-ish" or it's too violence lol (The latter doesn't make sense as they literally showed the scene Rihito cut off the enemies heads in EP17).

MahiaErebeaNegiMay 21, 2020 2:53 AM
May 21, 2020 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
After the serious atmosphere that is the Waste War formation arc, we're back to more overflowing fanservice, because what would this show be without it in the rom-com stance.

Coming back 300 years after for booze is quite the "standard" LOLs, and Hina getting rejected outright flat from Licht is just...yeah.

But oh man, Lynn's fight a losing battle over being fat as compared to Sonohara and Hina, you've gotta work your body girl!

Most importantly, Nana's message of 300 years, albeit ridden by Hina's first meeting with Licht (all the way back in Episode 2), he finally understood the travesty of Nana waiting THAT long just to see him unmasked, and without worry.

The ending though, the Ace that Hina is supposed to look for...is it Licht all along? Or IS there someone else we haven't seen yet (which is very unlikely)?

Quite the episode, but with immense enjoyment.
May 21, 2020 3:12 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao Licht called Hina ero loli and heh Hina's finally on the full attack mode. Poor Lynn lol everyone except her has perfect slim and curvy body.

Big twist coming in next episode, get ready everyone.
May 21, 2020 9:08 AM

May 2018
man, the comedy worked really well in this episode
May 21, 2020 10:44 AM

Dec 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Did the studio ran out of budget or something? The art/animation quality in this episode was so fucking bad, like if they aren't even trying to animate anymore. EP10 has much better quality than this episode did (Despite that episode has over 20 animation directors). I hope they don't ruin that Douan "killing" Rihito scene in next episode.

They really went back to the slow as fuck pacing starting from next episode (Based on preview, at least), though this episode is still following the "2 chapters=1 episode" format. They really shouldn't adapt this arc and keep it for potential Season 2 instead, it seriously doesn't feel right for the anime ended at the beginning of the third arc (This arc is even longer than the first two arcs).

Aside of the reason why Sonohara "ran away" was changed and some unnecessary scenes being skipped, this episode is almost same as the manga. The only issue I have is that they skipped Nana's "dream". I know the manga is kinda stupid for the characters literally downplay that "dream" despite she saw it everyday, but still there's no reason why they should skipped it. Don't tell me they didn't adapt that scene was because it's too "spoiler-ish" or it's too violence lol (The latter doesn't make sense as they literally showed the scene Rihito cut off the enemies heads in EP17).

Especially since in OP they showed that this weird eyelashes guy is using gravity powers.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 21, 2020 11:35 PM

May 2015
Yo what the heck is this episode? Such a waste of screen time, the only important thing were those 2 seconds at the end and maybe those 10 seconds of Nana on video.
May 22, 2020 1:16 AM

Jul 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Especially since in OP they showed that this weird eyelashes guy is using gravity powers.

I somehow forgot about that Douan vs Rihito fight scene from OP2 lol. But yeah, the fact that fight scene was showed in the OP makes the decision of skipping Nana's dream even less sense since people already knew that fight would happen later on.
May 22, 2020 1:19 AM
Apr 2020
I find Hina a bit weird. I don't ship her with Licht. I prefer Nana or Lynn.
May 22, 2020 6:17 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Tsukina Farrow, that's hina's mom, so was Licth implying that he had a relationship with Hina's mom?????

I did a quick search of Tsukina Farrow, caus the name felt a bit important. Turns out that it's not that Licht had a relationship with her mom, but her mom hooked up with his brother. So all this time, Licht was her uncle.

A small part of me wonders why now of all times was the moment that he came up with that information.. but that's a thing.
Twintail_DaemonMay 22, 2020 6:21 PM
May 24, 2020 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
It was predictable how the ships would end up like at the end during that flashback arc tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Feb 2020
that ending!

I feel sooooooooo bad for Nana. She's definitely my favorite

I can't stop crying.

This anime suddenly got better, and it is no longer trash ecchi.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jun 8, 2020 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
So much happened, but i definitely feel bad for Nana.

A lot of drama around Mei, feel kinda bad for her too, seems like Hina has taken Licht to herself lol
So who is this tsukina farrow that they said in the end? I mean, i know that she is Hina's mother but who is she from the Class A group?

Oh and it seems that Nana has developed some feelings over Jail because i feel like for her to end with Licht would be very hard.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2020 7:17 PM

Feb 2012
lmaoooo
drunk hina/lynn & Jail make this show worth watching.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 19, 2020 9:20 AM

Jul 2015
Just realised something since Hina met Licht her innocence slowly went away, coming to terms with Licht perverted tendencies, started to strip and now drinking excessively...
Lot of fanservice this episode but also some wholesome moments of Licht apologizing to Nana

Aug 1, 2020 9:55 PM
Jan 2017
What the heck is wrong with this show? It improved a little bit in the previous episode, but now it has jumped right back into the depths of mediocrity. This episode was so bad that I actually recommend it just for a laugh. It has some good parts, like the vocal performances and the reconciliation between Licht and Nana, but other than those things, the episode falls flat on its face. I can't wait for Plunderer to be over, so I can move on with my life.
Aug 3, 2020 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
When this started, I'd say Ep03 it gets really funny! After EP08 its really fuckin weird/stupid. Half funny half dumb but 1st ten Eps were golden fora short while.
-Ep13 it becomes a school drama
EP18- It evolves into a Hentai/the author gives up writing a coherent story
Ep 19 - Licht is probably gonna turn out to be Ninas pops. Now we've went into "wrong turn" territory, yes the movie one with hillbillys!
And depending it seems that, Somebody, likely the author, liked star wars too much and wanted it to be a anime about time travel instead of space!
With lightning fast boots and swords instead of death stars and killing enemies instead of entire planets, cause we gotta save the universe, cough cough, world, like thanos, cough cough,, i mean this white haired dude with the speedy tricks,

My rating dropped from a 7 to a 3 last 2-3 episodes, now its gonna stay at a 3 it seems...
GodOfWolvesAug 3, 2020 11:59 AM
Sep 1, 2020 1:15 AM
Oct 2019
Why did Nana's number move from her face to her boob? I also thought her count was 2 when everyone returned from the past. But then it jumped to 77.

Nice to see Nana and Licht have that moment. Jail is about ready to jump Nana's bones...

Lol at Licht puking when he sees Hina. THANK JESUS! Your daily reminder that Hina fucking sucks!!! But apparently he knows Hina's mom. Is her mom that bitch science officer from the war? God I hope not.

Pele loves him some Lynn.

Why wouldn't Licht have told people about the Abyss and Alcia and All thing, etc?
Jan 12, 2021 3:04 PM
Dec 2015
I really don't ship Licht x Hina, it's incest! After digging trough the manga I read that Licht is actually Sakai's adopted brother, making him Hina's uncle.
Feb 18, 2021 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
DARTH VADER INTENSIFIES

May 15, 2021 10:02 AM

Aug 2017
Not much happened here except at the end, it looks like Licht knows Hina's mom for some reason.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2022 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Mostly fanservice and even that was mostly pretty meh. Seems like we'll get more serious next episode again.
Mar 24, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Glorious episode I say.

More topics from this board

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

20 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Mar 26, 6:40 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2020

63 by vhowl »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.