Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2020 10:05 AM
Feb 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new ED is great and ingenious.
The video game in the ED is interesting and implies the drama of this episode.
May 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
Even by becoming a part timer, it's still a challenge in today's society for any working class. And despite Haru's cheerfulness, I find the episode rather dramatic for its important story angle revolving with Rikuo and Shinako.

It's one of those character pairs in the series that takes the drama to new levels. I also have to say the music reflects well for the tone of this episode.
May 16, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 2019
wow I haven’t got the episode
May 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Time for more of my fave show of the year :)

Haru gets me through the week

I ship it

10/10 episode, so much drama today. We got the hint last week that Shinako had at least started reconsidering how she felt about Uozumi when his ex came back into the picture. Wasn’t quite expecting it to lead to “wanna come in?” so soon tho.

Kinda annoyed how he’s playing both sides with both Shinako and Haru, tho.

I really liked the scene where Shinako notices how Rou’s got taller. Good symbolism for how she recognised him as more than just a “little” brother for the first time. Reminded me of the scene with Simon/Kamina in TTGL.

Going to have to start reading the manga since I need more than one dose of this a week.
May 16, 2020 11:40 AM

Apr 2019
I really like the new ED, the video game visual that plays in it is quite neat. I'm thinking that the characters in the video game will change like, sorta like how each picture board in the first 6 ED's were reflective to what happened in the episode.

Dang so it looks like things are starting to progress a bit with Rikuo and Shinako, I can only imagine that this will probably upset Haru if she were to find out. However I'm still routing for her and Rikuo!

I can't wait to see how this will play out next week!
May 16, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
More focus on Shinako and Rou-kun this time. Yeah, people can't forget that easily, even that slight hint of Rou-kun's arms put Shinako back to the past all over again.

I hope Uozumi is getting a better future, especially from the advice of his co-worker at the studio. It's already in motion.

That invitation to Shinako's home, that's quite sudden.

Also, Haru's smile wins me everytime.
May 16, 2020 11:42 AM

May 2020
Built-in barbecue is so cool:

May 16, 2020 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Man I'm hoping shinako dies alone :l

Haru deserves to be with the person she loves. Idk why riko is so dense. I hope he dies if he does end up with shinako

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 16, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2018
OH MY GOD POOR HARU, Shinako cant really move on, Rikuo is still waiting, WHAT ABOUT HARU!!! man rikuo is the ultimate baka
ok after reading the dialogue carefully she basically says "fucc me so I can move on"
Naabii-May 16, 2020 12:01 PM
May 16, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2019
welp, and now it's 18 episodes.. I thought this anime gonna be an easy one, but it looks its gonna be rough from now on!
May 16, 2020 12:10 PM
Feb 2020
Rikuo is finally doing what he's interested in
What rou did was totally unexpected but I feel bad for him
It's good that shinako is finally trying to move on but I really ship Haru and rikuo
May 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
Another fantastic episode. I really liked Rou in this episode. He is much more awake and determined than Rikuo, he wants Shinako with all of himself from early age. The hug scene was exciting, he proves that he wants to protect her, he proves all his love, his determination, his wanting to stay with her forever. Rikuo despite being the protagonist is too static, Shinako herself warns him for his passivity.

In the end the situation between Shinako and Rikuo seems to be unblocked, Haru seems to have no chance at all. We will see what will happen in the next episode.
LevaisMay 16, 2020 12:25 PM
May 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, my hunches from last week was right. New OP and things getting developed now. The ED's super nice.

Who knew Rikuo has the capability to look cool when it comes to giving advice?

I really hate Rou for being too pushy and impatient for Shinako to move on. It would be such BS for Shinako to somehow end with Rou when the kid claims he can fill in his deceased brother's shoes for Shinako when it's emotionally and physically impossible. God, I viewed him as a decent character in episode 4 bit this episode made me grind my teeth because everything he did felt so wrong. But when Shinako confides with Rikuo, she talks as if what Rou did was a good thing. Shinako's has something wrong in her head.

It's good that she's "trying out" Rikuo first though, as what I interpret about her saying "I can't move on unless someone pulls me." basically inviting Rikuo to "help" her to move on. I think this means that she's ready for a relationship now but for the (unhealthy) context of helping her moving on from her past which is also followed by actually inviting Rikuo to her home.

Haru's still cucked (lol). But yes, the tensions are brewing. This is something that I've been waiting for since four episodes ago. Can't wait for next week.

May 16, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
Good episode. After seeing 3 poor episodes in a row from 3 poor seasonals every week (Arte, Kaguya S2 and Hamefura), this show's become that aftermint to cleanse my palate off those messes. The writing has substance yet its light and realistically presented tone wise, the love triangle subtly builds over time without anything too forced and the visuals continue to look good as always (although it does have a couple of iffy moments here and there).

When I read the manga, I liked Haru a bit more than Shinako, but as I'm seeing the anime, I'm surprisingly leaning more with Shinako over Haru. Maybe it's because in the early stages of the manga, Kei Toume mainly only used Haru pics for the covers of chapters but here in the anime, I do appreciate there being more balance between the two. And this episode is another example of showing the good in both, and progressing each of their respective relationships with Rikuo in a tactful manner.
May 16, 2020 12:31 PM
Apr 2019
HOLY HELL! The ED made me feel a wave of emotions. It was the perfect way to sum up what happened in the episode.

I feel bad for Haru, of course this is assuming that Shinako and Rikuo are now becoming an item. We'll have to wait till next week to find out of course.

BUT THE ED! The visuals of the sprite version of Haru staring on as Rikuo and Shinako move off screen with the Game Over prompt gave me so much heartache. But I couldn't help but applaud it as well, super well done!
May 16, 2020 12:33 PM

Apr 2020
Levais said:
Another fantastic episode. I really liked Rou in this episode. Honestly I prefer him to the protagonist, he is much more awake and determined, he wants Shinako with all of himself from early age. The hug scene was exciting, he proves that he wants to protect her, he proves all his love, his determination, his wanting to stay with her forever. Rikuo despite being the protagonist is too passive, he begins to tire, Shinako herself warns him for his passivity.

In the end the situation between Shinako and Rikuo seems to be unblocked, we will see what will happen in the next episode.

Even though Rou "loves" Shinako more, there are some things in life that you cannot change through sheer love and passion; things that are out of your control. It's entirely Shinako's decision, and he shouldn't guilt-trip or force her if she's looking in the past.

His actions reeks of childishness and naivety; Shinako was clearly working, he asks for a date and gets rejected. Then he throws a fit like some sort of child then guilt-trips her. Shinako, through Rikuo's advice, is also the one to reconcile with him. But now this time, she says to Rou's face that their relationship should be strictly platonic.

He also boldly claims to fill in his late brother's place which is such a naive thing to say and it's so wrong in a moral standpoint. I hope he never gets the romantic relationship with Shinako that he wants because he would never learn anything.
ToraiSMay 16, 2020 12:40 PM
May 16, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2016
ToraiS said:
Levais said:
Another fantastic episode. I really liked Rou in this episode. Honestly I prefer him to the protagonist, he is much more awake and determined, he wants Shinako with all of himself from early age. The hug scene was exciting, he proves that he wants to protect her, he proves all his love, his determination, his wanting to stay with her forever. Rikuo despite being the protagonist is too passive, he begins to tire, Shinako herself warns him for his passivity.

In the end the situation between Shinako and Rikuo seems to be unblocked, we will see what will happen in the next episode.

Even though Rou "loves" Shinako more, there are some things in life that you cannot change through sheer love and passion; things that are out of your control. It's entirely Shinako's decision, and he shouldn't guilt-trip or force her if she's looking in the past.

His actions reeks of childishness and naivety; Shinako was clearly working, he asks for a date and gets rejected. Then he throws a fit like some sort of child then guilt-trips her. Shinako, through Rikuo's advice, is also the one to reconcile with him. But now this time, she says to Rou's face that their relationship should be strictly platonic.

He also boldly claims to fill in his late brother's place which is such a naive thing to say and it's so wrong in a moral standpoint. I hope he never gets the romantic relationship with Shinako that he wants because he would never learn anything.

Obviously nobody can force Shinako to love him and obviously she is not forced to feel the same, love doesn't come on command, or feel it or nothing. Regarding Rou's behavior many forget that he is a high school student unlike Shinako and Rikuo which instead have finished university studies, therefore it is absolutely normal for his behavior to be more childish and impulsive. Shinako also tells Rikuo that she wanted him to act like Rou, so we can think that somehow she appreciates what Rou has done, even though she only feels friendship for him.
LevaisMay 16, 2020 1:06 PM
May 16, 2020 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Rou got angry at Shinako, but it wasn't her fault at all... Then he came to realize that a bit and they were able to talk about his frustrations naturally (Uozumi helped~). So mature, ngh. Loved Shinako response, that "she's watching Rou". BUT THEN IN THE NEXT SCENE ROU'S FRIENDS ARE JUST LIKE "yeahhh, she didn't mean it at all lmaooo" hahahaha this anime is great.

And OH NO, the feeling when all your friends are getting married and you're being left behind!

I WAS SCREAMING "ROU, HUG HER, *HUG HER*" and he did!!!!!! oH MY GOD. But oh god, this is so complicated. And when Shinako went to Uozumi's house I was like "oh god IS SHE GOING TO KISS HIM?" but she didn't... But it was true that she was actually thinking about him now... That ending made me so nervous... Oh god. I don't think Uozumi is going to be able to do stuff even if Shinako tries something, though? Maybe kissing, but nothing else? Will he think about Haru? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyway... Uozumi chews on ice. Isn't he just perfect? And this episode made me sad again. Every week Yesterday wo Utatte is bound to do the same thing. The "I think it's up to you to decide when to take the plunge" and the "Keep stressing out. That's how everyone gets to be who they want" lines just killed me.

The new ending is great. Haru-channnn ;_; ♥ I'm completely in love with this
May 16, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2016
For those who hadn't noticed the title of the episode, this is "Premonition of a couple". I think it's clear where we're going to end up.
May 16, 2020 1:10 PM
Mar 2015
Rou pushes Shinako toward Rikuao Our boy always needs someone to push him along in romance or career
May 16, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2015
Rou is still a mental child.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 16, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2019
God I hate Rou.

Also I was pretty split between shinako and haru, but by the end of the episode it seems like shinako is finally starting to solve one of her biggest issues as a person (the inability to move on), which honestly has me leaning towards shinako more. I still dont like how not straightforward she is with Rou tho, even tho I despise him
May 16, 2020 1:29 PM
Sep 2013
that ending scene with new song actually left me with bitter feeling. The foreshadowing with the game sure is a genius way to picture what happened with the episode.

Also, I started to doubt about the extra 6 episodes. Will we get a 12+6 episodes or we get 12 episodes + 6 extras (1-2 mins each) from Abema? We had 4 so far and episode 5-7 dont have any, assuming that they only have 6 only 2 probably still remaining, which could also mean that we got 12 full episodes instead of 18..

I read about the BD Box information and it says 12 episodes box with 6 stream special episodes. Still not sure about this so if anyone can confirm about this it would be much appreciated!
May 16, 2020 1:30 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was just pain. Nothing worked out for the most part for everyone

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 16, 2020 1:43 PM

Mar 2017
Shinako is such a great character. I feel so sorry for her because she's caught between wanting to move on from Yuu-Kun but not quite being able to. I think she needs to let her friendship with Rou go because he deserves better than to be a replacement but he's so in love with her that he's willing to just accept that.

Things are so complicated for Rikuo & Haru too; It's quite clear that Rikuo doesn't have romantic feelings for Haru but he values the friendship he has with her whilst she's holding on to the hope that he'll love her like she loves him eventually. It's all so messy and complicated and so very human.
May 16, 2020 1:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like the new ED and it seems like Shinako and Rikou are getting closer in their relationship.
May 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2020
Levais said:

Obviously nobody can force Shinako to love him and obviously she is not forced to feel the same, love doesn't come on command, or feel it or nothing. Regarding Rou's behavior many forget that he is a high school student unlike Shinako and Rikuo which instead have finished university studies, therefore it is absolutely normal for his behavior to be more childish and impulsive. Shinako also tells Rikuo that she wanted him to act like Rou, so we can think that somehow she appreciates what Rou has done, even though she only feels friendship for him.

I know he's a kid but his naivety when he's 18, same age as Haru mind you, is outstanding. The way he acts deserves a slapping from a thing called life to humble his thoughts down. It's not like Shinako is going away any time soon, anyway. Why is he hurrying up?

hahailham1 said:

Also, I started to doubt about the extra 6 episodes. Will we get a 12+6 episodes or we get 12 episodes + 6 extras (1-2 mins each) from Abema? We had 4 so far and episode 5-7 dont have any, assuming that they only have 6 only 2 probably still remaining, which could also mean that we got 12 full episodes instead of 18..

I read about the BD Box information and it says 12 episodes box with 6 stream special episodes. Still not sure about this so if anyone can confirm about this it would be much appreciated!

That's actually a pretty valid concern. You should make a dedicated topic about that so people can uncover the truth. It would be a shame to see this show only being 12 episodes + 12 minutes of extras.

PokestarFan said:
This episode was just pain. Nothing worked out for the most part for everyone

Haru and Rou got the bad end of the deal (lol). My man Rikuo's finally going inside Shinako('s apartment).
May 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
They're doing such a good job at making me dislike Rou xD.

Shinakoooooooooooooooooooooooo. Man, I don't know, I like both. The dinner scenes with Haru were great.

The new ED is great... until the game over, poor Haru :'( . I mean, we're only in episode 7 of 18 so I don't think it's over for her but damn.
May 16, 2020 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
Crrrriiiiingeee... Holly shit, Rou is such an easy character to hate it feels like a low hanging bait. "Don't treat me like a kid" said a pretentious, overly emotional, whiny highschooler... Also, Rikuo got another kick in the sack.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 16, 2020 2:00 PM
Apr 2016
And so the conflicts begin...

Remember when Rou said "I feel more alive when I am freaking out at my waning odds" (loose translation)? Remember how his brother, to whom he is always comparing himself, slowly withered in his bed without breaking down or "living to the fullest". Rou's whole character is just a rebellion against his brother's fate.
Re:formed
May 16, 2020 2:03 PM

Nov 2018
First off, I really liked the video game thing in the ED, that was cool.

I always like Haru's character, she is definitely best girl every week. I want Haru x Rikuo to be a thing because that's what Haru deserves. So much drama today including Shinako having a hard time being able to move on which is hard I know but she is trying. Rikuo is also playing on both sides with her and Haru here which complicates things.

Shinako noticing certain things about Rou is making her think of him as not just a little brother anymore but instead more than that. Rikuo is also being a complete simp right now. He needs to do something instead of being mostly static but he did give good advice in today's episode so that's something.

10/10 episode. Saturday has the best anime of the week with this Kaguya-sama, and Villianess. See you next week for episode 8!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 16, 2020 2:03 PM

Mar 2008
It's clear which character is NOT the production favorite.

May 16, 2020 2:08 PM

Jul 2017
>"Save that for when you get married"
>"I'm not planning on doing that anytime soon"
Ono Kensho you know what to do ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )

so now we have Shinako who's stuck in the past, Rou who has an inferiority complex, Rikuo who is indecisive regarding his future, and Haru. curious how this is gonna end up

but from the looks of things, the Haru ship is slowly tumbling now that Shinako is deciding to finally move on from Yuu :P
May 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Jul 2016
ToraiS said:
Levais said:

I know he's a kid but his naivety when he's 18, same age as Haru mind you, is outstanding. The way he acts deserves a slapping from a thing called life to humble his thoughts down. It's not like Shinako is going away any time soon, anyway. Why is he hurrying up?

But Haru also behaves in a similar way, many times in previous episodes she is annoying and stressful towards Rikuo, I don't see much difference between Haru and Rou. Then Rou's love for Shinako is much stronger than Haru's for Rikuo(honestly I see it more as an infatuation), also because the first two have always known each other, while Haru and Rikuo met accidentally and never seen again, therefore it's normal that Rou's behavior compared to Haru's is amplified and it's even more childish.
LevaisMay 16, 2020 2:22 PM
May 16, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2011
Another great episode.
''I was dead serious''

May 16, 2020 2:38 PM
Dec 2017
Rasco said:

Haru deserves to be with the person she loves. Idk why riko is so dense. I hope he dies if he does end up with shinako

FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAND ME
May 16, 2020 3:03 PM
Dec 2017
"I've been watching you in the kitchen ever since I was a kid. I want to be able to see this forever"

must be the best compliment you can ever give to a woman to make her feel special and wanted.
May 16, 2020 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
This FUCKING EPISODE!!! SHEER BRILLIANCE!!!

The development for these characters are amazing. Each and every one of them are flawed making them more human then most other Drama/Romance anime out there.

1. Shinako - Not being able to decide what she wants relationship wise, dealing with her childhood love being deceased, also dealing with a fight with one of her former students over the love of another man (Rikuo)

2. Rikuo - Tumbling through life trying to find out what he wants to do, getting a push from his co-worker was HUGE development in my eyes especially in regards to getting his own damn camera, also giving advice to get his act together and get his own damn camera, also dealing with being rejected and hanging out with a girl (Haru) who he was little to no feelings for while she is absolutely head over heels for him.

3. Haru is literally a loose cannon as Rikuo basically said in this episode, however she also has a lot of baggage with her own family which may lead into why she has such strong feelings for Rikuo (Daddy issues with do this to females), along with battling for the love of Rikuo with her former Sensei.

4. Rou - Constantly living in the shadows of his brother. Rou took a GIGANTIC (yet cringey AF) step in this episode hugging Shinako from behind. Hoenstly Rou is walking down a Closed path in my eyes because Shinako will never see him more then just a brother.

Now that all of that is covered let me talk about the episode. FUCK SHINAKO I dislike her so much (Even though she is a really good character) she is using Rikuo as an outlet from Both her Rou and Rou's brother! Like come on Shinako 2 moments with Rikuo makes you realize "Hey maybe I do like this guy after all." Jesus lord I can not believe Shinako and Rikuo are about to happen. (Granted I am all for Rikuo x Haru but I feel for Shinako and maybe Rikuo can fill the void in her heart after all) This fucking anime sways my emotions so fucking much!

To the people wanting Shinako and Rikup to die, go watch another anime or go watch DBZ. Come on man these characters are dealing with a lot of shit. Cut them some slack.

And the ending MY GOD THE ENDING!!!! Sheer brilliance but there is something I feel like a lot of people missed. Which Ill follow up in Short_circut's quote.

Short_Circut said:

so now we have Shinako who's stuck in the past, Rou who has an inferiority complex, Rikuo who is indecisive regarding his future, and Haru. curious how this is gonna end up

but from the looks of things, the Haru ship is slowly tumbling now that Shinako is deciding to finally move on from Yuu :P

In regards to the ending and the Haru ship sinking I think there is still a chance for Haru. At the end of the Ending song where it says "Game Over" and it's Shinako and Rikuo walking away the "Continue" Screen pops up and the selection stays on "Yes Our Haru is not going down without a fight BABY! I'm still holding out hope!!!

SaltyReinn said:
"I've been watching you in the kitchen ever since I was a kid. I want to be able to see this forever"

must be the best compliment you can ever give to a woman to make her feel special and wanted.

And she still is going to reject him LOL
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 16, 2020 3:31 PM
Apr 2020
The only love that has a little inkling of depth in here is Rou's for Shinako. Haru's for Rik is vague. Rik's for Shinako's is also vague and Shinako's obsession for the guy who passed is puzzling. It's too bad they wasted too much time on that. Rik getting together with Shinako should be a bit earlier, beginning of mid point. The story telling so far is very disjointed.
May 16, 2020 3:38 PM

Apr 2018
Speaking in video game terms it seems that Shinako is playing on easy mode and Haru is playing on crushing/apocalyptic mode.

Problem is, so far the series has been quite realistic with the development of emotions and relationships, so my money is on Shinako as it would be the most reasonable and safe choice for Rikuo. And I'm sure the author wants to make us cry. So yeah... poor Haru!
May 16, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2017
SoraSenpai said:
This FUCKING EPISODE!!! SHEER BRILLIANCE!!!

The development for these characters are amazing. Each and every one of them are flawed making them more human then most other Drama/Romance anime out there.

1. Shinako - Not being able to decide what she wants relationship wise, dealing with her childhood love being deceased, also dealing with a fight with one of her former students over the love of another man (Rikuo)

2. Rikuo - Tumbling through life trying to find out what he wants to do, getting a push from his co-worker was HUGE development in my eyes especially in regards to getting his own damn camera, also giving advice to get his act together and get his own damn camera, also dealing with being rejected and hanging out with a girl (Haru) who he was little to no feelings for while she is absolutely head over heels for him.

3. Haru is literally a loose cannon as Rikuo basically said in this episode, however she also has a lot of baggage with her own family which may lead into why she has such strong feelings for Rikuo (Daddy issues with do this to females), along with battling for the love of Rikuo with her former Sensei.

4. Rou - Constantly living in the shadows of his brother. Rou took a GIGANTIC (yet cringey AF) step in this episode hugging Shinako from behind. Hoenstly Rou is walking down a Closed path in my eyes because Shinako will never see him more then just a brother.

Now that all of that is covered let me talk about the episode. FUCK SHINAKO I dislike her so much (Even though she is a really good character) she is using Rikuo as an outlet from Both her Rou and Rou's brother! Like come on Shinako 2 moments with Rikuo makes you realize "Hey maybe I do like this guy after all." Jesus lord I can not believe Shinako and Rikuo are about to happen. (Granted I am all for Rikuo x Haru but I feel for Shinako and maybe Rikuo can fill the void in her heart after all) This fucking anime sways my emotions so fucking much!

To the people wanting Shinako and Rikup to die, go watch another anime or go watch DBZ. Come on man these characters are dealing with a lot of shit. Cut them some slack.

And the ending MY GOD THE ENDING!!!! Sheer brilliance but there is something I feel like a lot of people missed. Which Ill follow up in Short_circut's quote.

Short_Circut said:

In regards to the ending and the Haru ship sinking I think there is still a chance for Haru. At the end of the Ending song where it says "Game Over" and it's Shinako and Rikuo walking away the "Continue" Screen pops up and the selection stays on "Yes Our Haru is not going down without a fight BABY! I'm still holding out hope!!!

SaltyReinn said:

And she still is going to reject him LOL

well Haru does have the blessing of being first girl, so she's already well ahead in contention for being endgame lolol
May 16, 2020 5:02 PM

Feb 2020
Jesus fuckin Christ shinako is literally the epitome of nightingale effect so rou being a brat and trying to get her to pity him all the way to the bed might actually work... as bothersome as that Is I hope they end up together so their story line gets cut short and can leave rikuo tf alone. I just want both rou and shinako to not be happy and I certainly see others with the same sentiment. Shinako has them lassoed by the balls and dragging them along From horseback HARUxRIKUO OR DEATH

May 16, 2020 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
Marinate1016 said:

Kinda annoyed how he’s playing both sides with both Shinako and Haru, tho.

I don't think that he's treating the relationship with Haru more than just a friendship though. At least for now.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 16, 2020 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
Still don't understand the hate for Shinako-sensei. Easily the most developed character.

People are just too attached to the "manic pixie dream girl" concept of Haru. You know you can like both right?
May 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Mar 2019
While this episode started off pretty lackluster in my opinion, it definitely got stronger towards the end, to the point where this is one of my favorite episodes along with the Yuu backstory episode (ep.3 i think).
From Rou making his move, to Shinako being conflicted about it and Rikuo possibly seizing his chance, this is finally heating up!
I'm really looking forward to this conversation they'll have.
May 16, 2020 5:26 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Tamago_Onigiri said:
The only love that has a little inkling of depth in here is Rou's for Shinako. Haru's for Rik is vague. Rik's for Shinako's is also vague and Shinako's obsession for the guy who passed is puzzling.

I think that Shinako's prior relationship with Yuu makes a lot of sense. She grew up admiring him and then had the opportunity to take care of him for a significant period of time. Nothing will make your feelings for someone grow like actually getting to do something that helps them (part of why good parents end up having such strong bonds with their children.) Love is both a feeling and and action, and they mutually reinforce each other.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 16, 2020 5:43 PM
Jun 2014
FUCK

Haru is best girl
May 16, 2020 5:57 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was fire!

Shinako has finally opened up a bit more towards Rikuo about her feelings! Still really don't like the relationship between Rou and Shinako, it just gets so awkward now at times.

With Shinako opening up more, I feel like Haru is gonna have a more difficult time with winning Rikuo over, however I do expect her to bounce back to give Shinako a fight over Rikuo!

That new ED was amazing!!!
May 16, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2019
Love the new ending, those spinning discs that Haru shoots at really bring me back to the old days when I used to play XEVIOUS on the tv. I hope the show doesn't end how the video game ends though.

I kinda started to dislike Rou after this episode. He keeps pushing on Shinako, even though she obviously doesn't wanna be anything but family friends. There wouldn't be that much to his character if he wasn't pushy and having issues with Shinako not getting over Yuu, but I just don't like him that much right now.
May 16, 2020 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
SaltyReinn said:

For me it's sad.
Kind of implies Rou expect Shinako to take care of him forever.
Go learn to make your own meals!

Rasco said:

In the end I "dislike" Shinako, but please, after this episode people should understand that SHINAKO IS ILL.
She have some "mental illness". It's not easy to live with a deep trauma that can affect you soo hard that way. It's hard to live everyday life when small things can cause so much pain. She keeps saying that she needs to forget "Yuu", other people keep saying that she needs to forget, but this is wrong. There's no way to forget and keeping it shut inside and not talking just makes worse. Japan is not famous for good mental care, Shinako needs mental care, from specialists. The situation where she are is what's called "toxic", just makes her problem worse, with Rikuo and Rou just asking her to please them instead of helping her.
For what I remember the manga never touches her problem this way, that she needs to go to a hospital to search for help and I don't believe the anime will change this.
But please, understand that Shinako issue is not just about her being "worst girl", and that this story is more about each character dealing with issues in their own lives and finding happiness more than just being a romance.

SoraSenpai said:

She is not wrong in doing so, works for both of them.
All that time she never thought about romance, now she don't even know how to think about romance and relationships. But Rikuo is the best candidate she has to find romance. She already likes him "well enough", and he is willing to put up with a lot things to won her heart with time.
Shinako isn't fulling Rikuo, he also knows what the situation is and accepts it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

443 by StandingSitting »»
Jan 11, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.